Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,709 members, 7,805,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. (2646 Views)

Bible Proof The Rapture Theory Is False / Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 11, 2014
Everyone, at least the ones on this forum must have by now heard/read the story of the bird which according to eye witness account, mysteriously turned to a woman yesterday in Lagos.

I intend arguing along three tangents which when examined renders the story false.

1. The unreliability of eye witnesses account.

2. The improbability of anyone witnessing it.

3. Her burnt body.

Stay tuned.

2 Likes

Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
1. The unreliability of eye witnesses account.

I hereby present an excerpt from Richard Dawkins book (The greatest show on earth: Evidence for evolution) that explains this in the best possible way.

"Psychological experiments have given us some stunning demonstrations, which should worry any jurist inclined to give superior weight to “eye-witness” evidence. 

A famous example was prepared by Professor Daniel J Simons at the University of Illinois.  Half a dozen young people standing in a circle were filmed for 25 seconds tossing a pair of basketballs to each other, and we, the experiment subjects, watch the film.  The players weave in and out of the circle and change places as they pass and bounce the balls, so the scene is actively quite complicated.  Before being shown the film, we are told that we have a task to perform, to test our powers of observation.  We have to count the number of times balls are passed from person to person.  At the end of the test, the counts are duly written down, but – little does the audience know – this is not the real test!

After showing the film and collecting the counts, the experimenter drops his bombshell.  “And how many of you saw the gorilla?”  The majority of the audience looks baffled: blank.  The experimenter then replays the film, but this time tells the audience to watch in a relaxed fashion without trying to count anything.  Amazingly, nine seconds into the film, a man in a gorilla suit strolls nonchalantly to the centre of the circle of players, thumps his chest as if in belligerent contempt for eye-witness evidence, and then strolls off with the same insouciance as before.  He is there in full view for nine whole seconds – more than one third of the film – and yet the majority of the witnesses never see him.  They would swear an oath in a court of law that no man in a gorilla suit was present, and they would swear that they had been watching with more than usually acute concentration for the whole 25 seconds precisely because they were counting ball-passes.  Many experiments along these lines have been performed, with similar results, and with similar reactions of stupefied disbelief when the audience is finally shown the truth.  Eye-witnesses testimony, “actual observation”, “a datum of experience” – all are, or at least can be, hopelessly unreliable.  It is, of course, exactly this unreliability among observers that stage conjurers exploit with their techniques of deliberate distraction".

2 Likes

Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by inspiratio: 1:56pm On Oct 11, 2014
Interesting...

1 Like

Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2014

That there was no single picture of it half human and half bird implies it must have happened so fast for anyone to take pictures.

If it happend so fast, it's therefore highly unlikely anyone would have noticed it for the single reason that, that person must have been paying rapt attention to birds flying in the sky prior to the incidence. So also, he/she must have paid undivided attention to the particular one that turned to the woman. smiley

Why would an adult suddenly decide to watch birds fly in the sky when it wasn't that he/she knew before hand something was about happening.

To even think that the place where it happened (Cappa) is an industrial and not a residential area makes it much more highly improbable anyone would have witnessed it.

4 Likes

Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Weah96: 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2014
Africa never changes. This is nothing new.

2 Likes

Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by finofaya: 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
rationalmind:

That there was no single picture of it half human and half bird implies it must have happened so fast for anyone to take pictures.

If it happend so fast, it's therefore highly unlikely anyone would have noticed it for the single reason that, that person must have been paying rapt attention to birds flying in the sky prior to the incidence. So also, he/she must have paid undivided attention to the particular one that turned to the woman. smiley

Why would an adult suddenly decide to watch birds fly in the sky when it wasn't that he/she knew before hand something was about happening.

To even think that the place where it happened (Cappa) is an industrial and not a residential area makes it much more highly improbable anyone would have witnessed it.

Right on.

1 Like

Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by nwaobitex: 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2014
Who cares undecided
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 12, 2014
nwaobitex:
Who cares undecided

I understand. Your world view seems threatened?

1 Like

Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Haywhymido(m): 9:07am On Oct 12, 2014
I see,what could av made u think dis way i don't knw.However, if u wnt to hear d truth,birds turning to human being is 100% real n true. Tell me why a old woman wld be find sitting on d dome of a mosque.What was she doing dia?? How did she get dia?? Dis is a dome a young man has to be very careful to climb it. Abi na u be d pilot wey use helicopter carry her go dia?? Why n how she was find dia she later confessed
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 12, 2014
3. Her burnt body.

Seeing her picture, one wonders where the burns could have come from. The answer seems obvious and conclusive to the gullible- She flew on a power line whilst still a bird. She got burnt and fell.

According to basic principle of current flow, current flows due to difference in potential and it also flows in a closed circuit.

When a bird flies on a power line or a high tension cable, there is no potential difference and there's no ground to complete a closed circuit. Therefore, current cannot flow through the bird. That explains why birds don't get shocked when they fly on high tension cables and power lines. If current cannot flow through the bird, it follows that it couldn't have been burnt. It also follows that burns on the woman's body is not explained by the bird flying on a power line.

This final point in conjunction with previous ones further corroborates suspicion that the story is all fabricated.

3 Likes

Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 12, 2014
Haywhymido:
I see,what could av made u think dis way i don't knw.However, if u wnt to hear d truth,birds turning to human being is 100% real n true. Tell me why a old woman wld be find sitting on d dome of a mosque.What was she doing dia?? How did she get dia?? Dis is a dome a young man has to be very careful to climb it. Abi na u be d pilot wey use helicopter carry her go dia?? Why n how she was find dia she later confessed

Did you witness it yourself?
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Whymee: 9:57am On Oct 12, 2014
...too much Africa Magic films, reasoning and thought has been compromised and adulterated. STOP WATCHING, WATCH NATGEO WILD AND BE FREE FROM BONDAGE.
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by kevoh(m): 10:05am On Oct 12, 2014
rationalmind:

According to basic principle of current flow, current flows due to difference in potential and it also flows in a closed circuit.

When a bird flies on a power line or a high tension cable, there is no potential difference and there's no ground to complete a closed circuit. Therefore, current cannot flow through the bird. That explains why birds don't get shocked when they fly on high tension cables and power lines. If current cannot flow through the bird, it follows that it couldn't have been burnt. It also follows that burns on the woman's body is not explained by the bird flying on a power line.

Actually, if the bird makes the mistake of touching one of the other two high tension cables while standing on the third one, an electric arc will be created and it will be roasted instantly. The Bird touching two lines at once closes the circuit and current will pass through it.

Nice analysis though, the fact still remains that it is plain foolish to think a bird will turn human.
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by nwaobitex: 10:07am On Oct 12, 2014
rationalmind:

I understand. Your world view seems threatened?
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 12, 2014
kevoh:

Actually, if the bird makes the mistake of touching one of the other two high tension cables while standing on the third one, an electric arc will be created and it will be roasted instantly. The Bird touching two lines at ones closes the circuit and current will pass through it.

Nice analysis though, the fact still remains that it is plain foolish to think a bird will turn human.

Ooh, thanks for that.

But wouldn't that cause instant death to the bird?
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 12, 2014
Whymee:
...too much Africa Magic films, reasoning and thought has been compromised and adulterated. STOP WATCHING, WATCH NATGEO WILD AND BE FREE FROM BONDAGE.

Lol, agreed

1 Like

Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Haywhymido(m): 10:52am On Oct 12, 2014
rationalmind:

Did you witness it yourself?
nop, i watched it on tv, pls don't tell me it is photoshop or videoshop cos how d youths of dat area, firefighters climbed ladder n use long pole to push her down,how she fell n confessed was shown. A dome which d firefighters n youths couldn't climb,what was an old woman doing sitting on it if she isn't a bird turn human being(witch). Dese people exist

1 Like

Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by kevoh(m): 10:53am On Oct 12, 2014
rationalmind:

Ooh, thanks for that.

But wouldn't that cause instant death to the bird?
Instant death, Bro! No time for even re-transforming into a human if we were to accept the bird-to-human theory.
We talking muscle spasms, cardiac arrest (heart attack), heavy damage to skin and major organs, I'm yet to add fire burns ooo caused by the spark (electric arc) all these for one small bird.

1 Like

Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 12, 2014
kevoh:

Instant death, Bro! No time for even re-transforming into a human if we were to accept the bird-to-human theory.
We talking muscle spasms, cardiac arrest (heart attack), heavy damage to skin and major organs, I'm yet to add fire burns ooo caused by the spark (electric arc) all these for one small bird.

@bold, lol

Thanks for your input bro. Whichever way one looks at it, it just doesn't add up.
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 12, 2014
Haywhymido:
nop, i watched it on tv, pls don't tell me it is photoshop or videoshop cos how d youths of dat area, firefighters climbed ladder n use long pole to push her down,how she fell n confessed was shown. A dome which d firefighters n youths couldn't climb,what was an old woman doing sitting on it if she isn't a bird turn human being(witch). Dese people exist

To start with, the only reason you haven't confessed to being a witch is because you haven't been tortured. The day you're accused of being a witch and tortured, you'll understand her confession.

Well, if what you say is true, I have no answer as to how the woman would have gotten there.

What I know is, there's no evidence with which one can conclude she was once a bird.
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by asalimpo(m): 11:10am On Oct 12, 2014
If the story is TRUE ur atheistic house of cards crumbles. So of necessity,you hav to stop this from happening by disprovg it-anyway u can. Ur logcal efforts are just knee-jerk psychologcal defence mechanism kicking into place.
These things happen.
Most modern christians and pastors never encounter satan's dark agents in their lifetime so they think it aint real.

As for debunkg d claims, think again.
Reports of birds turng to humans,usually,women arent new. It's happened b4.
You think som organized busybodies just make this up?
Eye witnesses gav their accounts.
You think many people suffered delusion all @ once?
If somthg as spectacular as a bird falling , turng to a human being occured before you, would u b able to sanely report it?
Meet som pastors who know about things like this and ask them to share their experiences with you. Offcourse,you'll say allof thm are deluded. Or try to explain it away.
Lastly, research the strange activities tht occured in d dark ages.
Werewolves were a common and real phenomena then.
Occultism and witchcraft was intense. There was nothg like secularism evrybody knew spiritual phenomena was real.
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by asalimpo(m): 11:18am On Oct 12, 2014
rationalmind:

To start with, the only reason you haven't confessed to being a witch is because you haven't been tortured. The day you're accused of being a witch and tortured, you'll understand her confession.

Well, if what you say is true, I have no answer as to how the woman would have gotten there.

What I know is, there's no evidence with which one can conclude she was once a bird.
sombody says he watched it on tv.
And you are still debatg.
Its either d poster is lying or d event happened. If it happened u hav no point. Will an atheist ever admit or accept any story tht threatens his beliefs?no.
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Arosa(m): 11:25am On Oct 12, 2014
asalimpo:

Have you personally witness any supernatural phenomenon?
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 12, 2014
asalimpo:
If the story is TRUE ur atheistic house of cards crumbles. So of necessity,you hav to stop this from happening by disprovg it-anyway u can. Ur logcal efforts are just knee-jerk psychologcal defence mechanism kicking into place.
These things happen.
Most modern christians and pastors never encounter satan's dark agents in their lifetime so they think it aint real.

As for debunkg d claims, think again.
Reports of birds turng to humans,usually,women arent new. It's happened b4.
You think som organized busybodies just make this up?
Eye witnesses gav their accounts.
You think many people suffered delusion all @ once?
If somthg as spectacular as a bird falling , turng to a human being occured before you, would u b able to sanely report it?
Meet som pastors who know about things like this and ask them to share their experiences with you. Offcourse,you'll say allof thm are deluded. Or try to explain it away.
Lastly, research the strange activities tht occured in d dark ages.
Werewolves were a common and real phenomena then.
Occultism and witchcraft was intense. There was nothg like secularism evrybody knew spiritual phenomena was real.

Lol, you shouldn't have any problem providing a resounding critique to my arguments if they are simply psychological knee jerk reactions as you say.
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 12, 2014
asalimpo:

sombody says he watched it on tv.
And you are still debatg.
Its either d poster is lying or d event happened. If it happened u hav no point. Will an atheist ever admit or accept any story tht threatens his beliefs?no.

Yes, he watched a woman on a dome. How does that translate to, the woman transformed from a bird to a woman.
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:42am On Oct 12, 2014
The gist don reach front page?

Make I buy land for asokoro grin grin
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 12, 2014
Chrisbenogor:
The gist don reach front page?

Make I buy land for asokoro grin grin

Lol, so you too dey do this thing?
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:46am On Oct 12, 2014
Meanwhile just in case someone is in need of at least 160 million naira

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge

The One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge is an offer by the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) to pay out one million U.S. dollars to anyone[citation needed] who can demonstrate a supernatural or paranormal ability under agreed-upon scientific testing criteria. Over a thousand people have applied to take the challenge, but none have yet been successful.

Why waste internet ink arguing that it is true when you can be arguing and making money grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:48am On Oct 12, 2014
rationalmind:

Lol, so you too dey do this thing?
Dey dia na, no dulling o grin grin grin I go sell the space for those people wey wan build comments for likes and shares grin grin grin #investmentsontins. grin

1 Like

Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by timmy2409(m): 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
Chrisbenogor:

Why waste internet ink arguing that it is true when you can be arguing and making money grin grin

I swear bros, I've said it here before o! Instead of arguing with random people on the internet, trying to convince them about the existence of such supernatural occurrences, how about they just do the same at Randi.org and make a cool 160 million NGN?! shocked

Besides the money, they would have succeeded in convincing a lot of us skeptics! Seriously, it'll be the biggest win in the history of wins.

Anyone care to guess why the price still stands today, decades after it was created? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 12, 2014
Chrisbenogor:

Lol, I hope to make such a challenge in Nigeria someday. That's when I have the financial resource.

I know it'll help liberate more people from the shackles of religion.
Re: Why He Thinks The News Of The Bird Turned Human Is False. by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:57pm On Oct 12, 2014
rationalmind:

Lol, I hope to make such a challenge in Nigeria someday. That's when I have the financial resource.

I know it'll help liberate more people from the shackles of religion.
Sadly I have given up on that, its not feasible. People are just predisposed to believe in these things, theres really nothing you can do about it. Have you not realized that no matter how you explain it away religion always wins?

meanwhile that shadadah quote on your profile is just classic grin grin grin grin na your know know carry you inside mactunji caliphate grin grin you get luck say na only that thing them tattoo for ya nyash grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Moses Actually The Writer Of Deuteronomy ?? ( Proof ) / See What The Bible Says About Non Christian / PHOTOS: COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Flaunts His Porsche Car With Church Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.