Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest (1448 Views)

John Ogu Proposed To Adaolisa On The Pitch (Photos) / John Ogu Proposes To Girlfriend On The Pitch (Photos) / David Oniya Collapses On The Pitch And Dies In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by Gorrbachev: 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2014
we lost but the field was terrible, it looked like they were playing on concrete. artificial turfs should be banned. I was feeling scared for the players through out the game.
Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by Gorrbachev: 8:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
we will qualify if Timbuktu beats Yugoslavia and Peru draw Madagascar. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by SlimSkipper(m): 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
chairman no allow me consult amadioha untop ur matter o! nah only naija players play for d pitch abi dem no were boot infact dint dey kno dat b4 hand

1 Like

Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by 1stola: 8:22pm On Oct 11, 2014
Gorrbachev:
we lost but the field was terrible, it looked like they were playing on concrete. artificial turfs should be banned. I was feeling scared for the players through out the game.
Are you okay at all?
is that the reason we lost?
Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by 1stola: 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
Gorrbachev:
we will qualify if Timbuktu beats Yugoslavia and Peru draw Madagascar. grin grin grin grin grin
Dreamer...
Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by johnmartus(m): 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
Gorrbachev:
hmmm always gave excuse for their failures

1 Like

Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by Debroslink: 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2014
Gorrbachev:

South Africa played on the same tuff and won 3 nil. Is Calabar tuff not worse?

Stop looking for silly excuses and admit that Nigeria players are rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by crownprince102: 8:29pm On Oct 11, 2014
Who did this topic, keshi's in-law right? If that pitch was bad what will u use in qualifying ur own in calabar. The pitch was bad, we both play eleven players, play the same round leather, we both put on soccer boot and ur excuse was bad pitch.... Abeg go sit down and find a better topic. The pitch is a synthetic pitch not ordinary rabbit food u plant in calabar
Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by JakeII(m): 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2014
At first I thought the same, that the pitch was bad, but could you see the sudaness passing the ball smoothly to keep possession especially in the last 5-8 mins?....we lost because we either had no particular plan or had the wrong approach. I am not a certified Coach but in my little way, I have studied many great coaches for years and i almost always predict correctly what they will do when a game is not going in their favour. Immediately the needful wasn't done at the early part of second half I knew the game was lost. Just for instance, between 56th min and 79th minute and several other occasions in the match, the sudan team was clearing all balls out of their box. A technically minded caoch would have used that to kill them because they were giving us possession of the ball which the most disappointing guy, Mikel should have capitalised on by holding the ball as he would do at chelsea and let them foul him till they start picking cards and getting frustrated which will attact more players to him and put holes on their flanks but we kept running and so much in haste to score, thereby making them to enjoy their game cos we were playing along wt them....check it out, big teams at international level may be loosing but they always cool down and eventually come out on top at the end how? Patience and a good winning plan, not just running on the field except if pace is the needed approach
Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by Gorrbachev: 8:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
SlimSkipper:
chairman no allow me consult amadioha untop ur matter o! nah only naija players play for d pitch abi dem no were boot infact dint dey kno dat b4 hand

Seriously, none of them could do a normal ball control and when running with the ball, they could not keep up because the ball went to fast. The ball also bounces like its on a trampoline. joke apart, artificial turf is rubbish and should be banned. The Sudanese might be used to it.
Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by Gorrbachev: 8:46pm On Oct 11, 2014
1stola:

Are you okay at all?
is that the reason we lost?

yes, with a combination of ill luck.
Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by Gorrbachev: 8:47pm On Oct 11, 2014
Debroslink:

South Africa played on the same tuff and won 3 nil. Is Calabar tuff not worse?

Stop looking for silly excuses and admit that Nigeria players are rubbish.

the pitch is bad, the only gut that could keep up with the ball was Ahmed musa.
Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by SlimSkipper(m): 8:48pm On Oct 11, 2014
Gorrbachev:

Seriously, none of them could do a normal ball control and when running with the ball, they could not keep up because the ball went to fast. The ball also bounces like its on a trampoline. joke apart, artificial turf is rubbish and should be banned. The Sudanese might be used to it.
AMADIOHA .... kk i change my mind. final warning
Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by ogawisdom(m): 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
Gorrbachev:

Was d pitch in calabar also terrible where congo hammered them undecided
Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 11, 2014
Actually I do agree the pitch was terrible and the ball kept on bouncing up and down like ping pong but hey that is no excuse man. If South Africa could comfortably defeat them on that same pitch 3-0 then why couldn't we?
Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by pjosh1(m): 8:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
When ma brothers argues wit me dat Nigeria dnt have quality players i will say it's a lie but after 2day match i knew that the SE was a joke. I kon dey wonder how sudan wey no get body dey take collect ball frm our hand.
Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by kris(m): 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
A smart and organized team will have a similar pitch to practice on and get used to the pitch.

Kind of like how the US army train in the American desert, to be able to know what to expect in Afghanistan.

But Nigeria no send anybody, na to show up and play.
Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by seunlayi(m): 4:17am On Oct 12, 2014
this is the pitch as at 8pm Friday, it was like a pool flooded with water and the eagles where unable to practice on it before the match. Keshi have gone there with largely home based players.

1 Like

Re: We Lost To Sudan But The Pitch Was Terrible Let's Be Honest by disloman(m): 7:26am On Oct 12, 2014
Story story STORY.Keshi no good.Period!

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Kenyan Woman Jose Mourinho Almost Left His Wife For / Reliable UK Aussie POOL BANKER Pairs / WWE TLC 2015 Roman Reigns Vs Sheamus Full Match WWE World Heavyweight Championsh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.