Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage (3884 Views)

144 Virgins To Organise Birthday Party For Olumba Olumba Obu In Calabar / How Do I Pray For A Life Partner? Christian Brothers And Sisters Help Me Out. / Christian Brothers & Sisters!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by lalasticlala(m): 9:47pm On Oct 11, 2014
Sex between two married people is a very beautiful aspect of marriage. God has blessed us with the ability to give and receive physical pleasure with the one we are married to. But when we give ourselves to another before marriage, sex becomes something else altogether.

1) Lust and Fornication Are Sins

Why do you think God made fornication a sin? I mean, on the outside it seems like a lot of fun to have sex and to flirt with feelings of lust. No one is really hurting anyone, right? Wrong! Sex before marriage always, always hurts someone, and for many reasons which we will get into.

God’s desire is for single people, young and old is to remain sexually and emotionally pure for marriage. When young couples go into marriage with such purity and anticipation for one another, the marriage thrives.

2) Virginity is a Precious Gift to Bring to Your Spouse

What a precious gift of love and purity to share yourself only with the one you married. It creates the “one flesh” of marriage even more beautiful and sacred.

But perhaps some of you reading this have erred and are not a virgin anymore. Let me tell you, its ok. God still loves you and wants you to have a blessed marriage.

Ask for forgiveness and turn away from the “attitude of going out on a date” and God will forgive you. Flee from temptation and stop dating because 95% of the time dating leads to sex. Having like minded friendships in the Lord is much better than dating. Don’t give your heart away! Your emotional and spiritual self is a precious commodity—save it for your spouse, you will be so very happy that you did.

3) The Risk of Pregnancy

Children are precious, beautiful people of God, and everyone needs to experience being a parent at sometime in their life. But God does not want us to concern ourselves with the responsibilities of children until we are ready and capable of caring for their needs properly.

Bringing children into the world out of wedlock is not fair to the child or to you. Terminating our unborn child is not fair to them either. It is always best and God’s ideal for single women to not have children and to remain sexually abstinent until marriage. Then, when you both are ready to have a child, financially, emotionally and spiritually, God will bless you with children.

4) Multiple Heartaches From Dating

Sexual intimacy bonds two hearts together in such a way that they become emotionally attached to one another and feelings of desires are confused with love. Most dating relationships are not based on love,but on the desire aspect of the relationship. Dating does not lead up to a healthy marriage. Dating leads up to heartbreak because eventually one party will want out of the relationship. Heartbreak after heartache develops a cold, callous heart. It also can develop other negative emotions such as jealousy, suspicion, and mistrust because this too is part of the dating scene. Dating has too many negative emotions attached to it. It is God’s desire that single people have friendships in the Lord and do not date.

5) Virginity is cool

I don’t care what anyone says, virginity is cool! A woman who can remain a virgin until marriage this day and age is a courageous and Godly woman, and I commend her on her ability to turn away from what the crowds are doing. Losing your virginity before marriage is not cool. Ask any older woman with values, who has been there and done that already, and she will tell you to wait until your are married too.
That’s because we know that when a young person wants to have sex before marriage, it’s only feelings of desire talking—there is not love there.
As Christian people, we need to be more concerned with what God wants us to do, not what our friends are doing, or what anyone asks us to do. If it does not come from Jesus Christ or Christ’s principles then it should not be a part of our Christian life and shouldn’t be done.

6) Sexual Purity is God’s Plan For You

God wants Christians, young and old to stay pure for marriage. It’s His plan!When a Christian person disobeys God’s calling for them, there is always consequences. These consequences may be emotional attachments that break our hearts, unwanted pregnancies, or a venereal disease. God does not make these bad things happen to us. We make these bad things happen to us because of the choices we make in our life. Let’s choose what God wants. Let’s pray about it and seek God’s will for our life always and forever.

7) Fornication is NOT healthy

Most of the time in a intimate relationship, young people don’t even really know the person they are having sex with. The only thing intimate about the relationship is the sex aspect of it. Did you meet their parents? Do you know what they do in their spare time? Perhaps they have a venereal disease or worse, HIV or AIDS. Physically speaking, casual sex is very dangerous. These relationships can cause many kinds of infections and other health ailments. Emotionally speaking, these relationships cause a defensive, calloused heart and teach young people to base love on feelings rather than something they do.

Single Christian people should wait on God. They should have all the friendships they want based on the foundation of respect and brotherly and sisterly love. The best marriage spouses are with those who first respected you physically, sexually, emotionally and spiritually. Remember, the minute your emotions take over and rule the relationship, the minute you will stop feeling respect and real love for one another. God wants our emotions to follow our lead, not lead our lives.

SOURCE: http://www.heavenministries.org/ministry%20articles%202010/7_reasons_why_you_should_stay_a_virgin.htm
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Dramadiddy(m): 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2014
#Teamvirgin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
staying virgin causes mental derangement. it's not good to burn. but..

#stayvirgin
#zipup
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 11, 2014
#TeamVirgins rock.

Matthew5:8

Blessed are the pure in heart, because they shall see God. cry
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 11, 2014
ok...we af hear
Ladies please close ya 'factory' till marriage.

Guys keep ya 'powerhouse' in check for yo wife

Shikena!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by qstar(m): 10:14pm On Oct 11, 2014
FrancisTony:
#TeamVirgins rock.

Lol... Pretense won't help you.
Accept yourself the way you are.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by lalasticlala(m): 10:16pm On Oct 11, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
ok...we af hear

Shikena!

lol. u said it all. Everybody ZIP up
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
Lalastica has got the magic....

Front Page hunters, here's your boat.
It is set to set sail.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 11, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
ok...we af hear

Shikena!
Hi small mrs smiley ..bawo ni?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 11, 2014
FrancisTony:
#TeamVirgins rock.

awww... embarassed
What a lovely way to console yourself tongue
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Ryabcool(m): 10:57pm On Oct 11, 2014
MarthaK:
awww... embarassed
grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 11, 2014
qstar:

Lol... Pretense won't help you.
Accept yourself the way you are.

Pretense as in

MarthaK:
awww... embarassed

LMAO! A virgin don't need to console him or herself, rather it's for non-virgins.

I can decide to become a non-virgin anytime, and non-virgins can't be a virgin any longer.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 11, 2014
Paroman:
Hi small mrs smiley ..bawo ni?

mó wá pá grin
Sey e'wono wa pa?
Awon ebi e unko?

Ehen...so fun awon goons é ati ore obirin é kin wo 'padimo'...lol

Sey mo ko dada? embarassed
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by daveP(m): 11:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
(waltz into thread, takes a seat as people troops in) It is good! smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by daveP(m): 11:13pm On Oct 11, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

mó wá pá grin
Sey e'wono wa pa?
Awon ebi e unko?

(grows prophetic beard instanta and faces her)

murder not the sweet language thus. Or thou shall be punished! wink

mo wa pa

se iwo na wapa(or rather 'enyi nko)

awon ebi e nko?

( uses gillete to trim beard TOTALLY CLEAN-SHAVEN) That's it!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
FrancisTony:

LMAO! A virgin don't need to console him or herself, rather it's for non-virgins.

I can decide to become a non-virgin anytime, and non-virgins can't be a virgin any longer.
male virgins tho... undecided
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 11, 2014
daveP:

(grows prophetic beard instanta and faces her)

murder not the sweet language thus. Or thou shall be punished! wink

mo wa pa

se iwo na wapa(or rather 'enyi nko)

awon ebi e nko?

( uses gillete to trim beard TOTALLY CLEAN-SHAVEN) That's it!

olodo-rabata...oju eja lo mor je... grin
Se e ti se taan bia?
Complete the correction joor. The last sentence nko?
I actually thought 'nko' is pidgin and I just dey write am as e sound for my brain...
You should buy me chapman with a lil vodka in it...that is...flying chapman...lol. I try na for a non-indigene. cry
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
MarthaK:
male virgins tho... undecided

You mean female Virginity is had to keep? cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by daveP(m): 11:43pm On Oct 11, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

olodo-rabata...oju eja lo mor je... grin
Se e ti se taan bia?
Complete the correction joor. The last sentence nko?
I actually thought 'nko' is pidgin and I just dey write am as e sound for my brain...
You should buy me chapman with a lil vodka in it...that is...flying chapman...lol. I try na for a non-indigene. cry

Interpretation:
"Gigantic Blockhead. Only fish eyes you know how to eat well

are you done now?"

Kachis those well insults. But il let them pass.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 12, 2014
daveP:

Interpretation:
"Gigantic Blockhead. Only fish eyes you know how to eat well

are you done now?"

Kachis those well insults. But il let them pass.

I know the meaning. It's not directed @ insulting you either. I'm asking you if you done with your correction because you didn't correct my last sentence.
Let it slide mbok...9t

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by bustyhelen(f): 7:14am On Oct 12, 2014
Op, tell them. i always tel them 2 zip up but they dont hear. tanx 4 d post. it wil help one or 2 brothers/sisters
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by bustyhelen(f): 7:16am On Oct 12, 2014
xtian MEN or WOMEN, who kips virginity more? any answer?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by solgee(m): 7:21am On Oct 12, 2014
It takes the grace of God to stay virgin until marriage in this present world
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by solgee(m): 7:22am On Oct 12, 2014
It takes the grace of God to stay virgin until marriage in this present world
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 12, 2014
FrancisTony:

You mean female Virginity is had to keep? cheesy
Ben seni ba
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 12, 2014
MarthaK:
Ben seni ba

Is this Bini or Ekpoma?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 12, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

mó wá pá grin
Sey e'wono wa pa?
Awon ebi e unko?

Hiaaaan! I can feel your thick igbo-ish anambrian accent embedded in the yoruba you wrote up there grin. Hope you are doing fine ma'am, happy weekend. smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by chinwike2(m): 8:16am On Oct 12, 2014
Correct
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 12, 2014
7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters
Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage

am really getting quesy with all these bandwagon of 7 this 7 that. So long as it involves the xtian, there is only one reason, and that's cos the Bible says so all other reasons are explanations to the biblical injunction
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by diksucker(f): 9:18am On Oct 12, 2014
##team##secondaryvirgin#
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by diksucker(f): 9:19am On Oct 12, 2014
d pastor that is preaching about keeping ones virginity is busy digging a sister or some other person
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 12, 2014
^what or who is a secondary virgin?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Authentic (sahih) Hadith About Soothsayers/fortunetellers / Why Does Atheist Love Attacking Christianity / Can One Combine God's Calling With A Secular Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.