Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Once Saved Forever Saved? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Once Saved Forever Saved? (1007 Views)

Once Saved, Forever Saved??? / Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! / Once Saved, Saved Forever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Once Saved Forever Saved? by profem1(m): 1:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
for a while now, this issue has caused lots of arguments among Christians.
in my opinion, I will say no and yes.
no in the sense that if you are a Christian and you are going back to your old self and yet you are claiming you are still saved.
James 5:19-20
My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the
truth and someone brings him back, let him know that
whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will
save his soul from death and will cover a multitude
of sins.
Rev 2:21-29
“To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: ‘The
words of him who holds the seven stars in his right
hand, who walks among the seven golden lampstands.
“‘I know your works, your toil and your patient
endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who
are evil, but have tested those who call themselves
apostles and are not, and found them to be false. I
know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for
my name's sake, and you have not grown weary. But
I have this against you, that you have abandoned the
love you had at first. Remember therefore from
where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you
did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove
your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.

also, I say yes if you are a Christian in your new self struggling with sin and still pressing on towards the prize. God has promised us he will see us to the end.
John 10:27-30
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they
follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will
never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my
hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is
greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them
out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.”
Phil 1:6
He who has begun a good work in you will complete it
until the day of Jesus Christ"

Note this two views does not contradict each other, even Paul admitted these both instructions.
The same Paul that
could triumphantly state that he was convinced that
nothing in all creation "shall be able to separate us
from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our
Lord" (Romans 8:38-39), could also write, "Therefore
I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not
fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body
and make it my slave so that after I have preached
to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the
prize" (1 Cor. 9:26-27).
He understands that even though he is doing the work of God, he still has the sinful flesh in him and therefore his aim is to mortify the deeds of the flesh.

your views are also welcome..
Re: Once Saved Forever Saved? by chakwa: 2:17am On Jan 22, 2016
Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

just like you where taught that 1+1=2 and you know it, you can be taught to deny ungodliness and wordly lusts and you will avoid it completely. it can teach you to live godly completely. this is the true beauty of the grace of God. . even if you just wake up, you will always know that 1+1 is 2.

Heb_12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Joh_15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
The world is suffering today because many people that had this promise- Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. - refused to abide.- Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.. cry cry cry
If you want to abide keep His commandments.

1Ti_4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee

1Co 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
1Co 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
1Co 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
1Co 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?. Hmmn, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked wink

Joh_15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Judas had this promise of God in his life:
Mar 10:28 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
Mar 10:29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
Mar 10:30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

but he came short of it because He did not abide in Jesus

2Th 1:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

(1) (Reply)

How Real Is The Holy Spirit To You As A Christian / Ashura (fasting The 9th & 10th Of Muharram) / Religious Lies Created By Preachers To Make You Guilty.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.