Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

The Present Youths: The Charge To Be Difference - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Present Youths: The Charge To Be Difference (624 Views)

I present to you MY HERO! / Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. / Does This Phrase Reflect The Present Realities On Ground In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Present Youths: The Charge To Be Difference by caketake3: 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2014
Even though I was not a youth towards the end of the 20th century but never the less I still have little memories of those days. The ones I learnt, read or heard from the family, elders, teachers both in school and the church are enough to give me a perfect instance of how things happened then due to the striking similarities.
And about the 21st century, I can undoubtedly say that I need little or nothing about the happenings of this period because this was and is still the most active moment of my life.
The 20th century even though might not be the best but yet is far more better than this so-called computerized generation when it comes to ethical values and the existing esteemed norms if juxtaposed.
You can always agree with me that the century we all are now have deviated from all these values which have made the past elders more diligent in the course of their activities and behaviours.
As a kid or a pupil in the crèche, pre-primary and primary school, it was being sang into ears that the privates part of the body includes the armpit and hence everyone must cover it just like his/her genitals but fast-forward now, you see the armpits more than the face of an individual. And people called that fashion? Instances have even abounded where even the flaunted armpits are too dirty or unshaved hence making such an individual look awkward.
Look into our songs now, the over-hyped hit-tracks when being decoded brings no sense but rather being accompanied with indecencies which have affected majority of the youths who fashioned their lifestyle after them. How disgusting such a situation could be. I read a lyrics of an over-hyped song the other day and what I could deduce was a repetition of a word over about 80 times. Is such a musician that clueless that he can’t think of something more appealing and convincing or should we say the youths hyping the song have been hypnotized?
When I hear elders say this world is mad, I agree with them because the difference between the mad man and the youth in his room is so thin. You might want to ask why? The mad man wears rags, torn clothes and transparent clothes that can’t cover him, you the youths have more in possession than he does. The mad man talks and sings what you don’t understand; you have more collections of songs you don’t even know the meaning. The mad man has his hair being unkempt hence looking awkward, you as a youth go to the saloon and barb/weave what the mad man has on his head. The mad man moves on the street never listens or acknowledge a horn, you a youth put on a headset that makes you like the mad man on the street who doesn’t recognise the horn of a car.
Just when you think this world is having success technologically, the youths also are move from craziness to insanity and you begin to ask where we have gone wrong.
You are Christian; you are being tagged being too “legalistic” or being to old-fashioned hence you get home, think through and say I’m no longer a Christian because I want to rock, the fact is you have joined the population of the mad men.
You are a lady platting your natural hair and suddenly because Tola got his Iphone6 through partying with his Brazilian wig, you get home and the next thing you pick is your bag on the way to saloon. The fact is you’ve just ran mad. No more difference between you and the mad man.
As a Christian, remember who you are. A separated one and a consecrated one who has been espoused to ONLY one husband-God and hence must remain committed and separated only for him

(1) (Reply)

Which Section On Nairaland Do You Visit Most? / I Cannot Sell On Konga / Did You Have A Internet Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.