Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,903 members, 7,806,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study (5383 Views)

Engineering Vs Medicine..which Of These Rules D World / Agricultural Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering. / Chemical Engineering Vs Petroleum Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by macjireh: 7:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
I just got thinking why Doctors are more respected than Engineers, is it because they spend longer time in school?
I studied engineering and i know that the actual practical aspect of engineering is very costly because u have to buy costly books and materials(Parts to assemble) to experiment with and even seek for services from professionals,u have to pay huge sums to get the knowledge.
on the other hand, Doctors learn with books, cadavers and from their professors majorly, its only that they spend more time than engineers.
That's my opinion though, i could be proven wrong...
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by Doclight(m): 8:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
macjireh:
I just got thinking why Doctors are more respected than Engineers, is it because they spend longer time in school?
I studied engineering and i know that the actual practical aspect of engineering is very costly because u have to buy costly books and materials(Parts to assemble) to experiment with and even seek for services from professionals,u have to pay huge sums to get the knowledge.
on the other hand, Doctors learn with books, cadavers and from their professors majorly, its only that they spend more time than engineers.
so medics dnt do practical shey

Medicine is very very exorbitant. Not all pockets can survive dis course.
Unlike engineering.
Btw u peeps lack the pratical knowledge.
Apprentices learn more than u do in school(practically speaking)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by Coolboyz: 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
I doubt if you studied the so called Engineering out of passion. I blame it on jamb for pushing you to a course u never bargained for. If not, u wouldn't hv been hating and eating yourself up out of jealousy.
BTW, the rate Engineering students and graduates create controversial threads on Nairaland suppose to ring a clear bell to you.
THE LABOUR MARKET FOR ENGINEERS IS VERY SATURATED, UNLIKE THE NOBLE MEDICAL PROFFESSION.
YOU AND I WERE TAUGHT IN THE SECONDARY SCHOOL DAYS THAT SCARCE COMMODITY IS VALUABE (Economics)
You can'n find such folly thread created by a Medical student. That is to show you how scarce we are. It's not all schools that offer med/surg, but Engineering is offered in all unis and polys

So the earlier u get that into ur skul the better.
And pls, dnt try quoting me because I wiln't reply. Thanks.
#TeamMed/Surg

3 Likes

Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by macjireh: 9:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
Coolboyz:
I doubt if you studied the so called Engineering out of passion. I blame it on jamb for pushing you to a course u never bargained for. If not, u wouldn't hv been hating and eating yourself up out of jealousy.
BTW, the rate Engineering students and graduates create controversial threads on Nairaland suppose to ring a clear bell to you.
THE LABOUR MARKET FOR ENGINEERS IS VERY SATURATED, UNLIKE THE NOBLE MEDICAL PROFFESSION.
YOU AND I WERE TAUGHT IN THE SECONDARY SCHOOL DAYS THAT SCARCE COMMODITY IS VALUABE (Economics)
You can'n find such folly thread created by a Medical student. That is to show you how scarce we are. It's not all schools that offer med/surg, but Engineering is offered in all unis and polys

So the earlier u get that into ur skul the better.
And pls, dnt try quoting me because I wiln't reply. Thanks.
#TeamMed/Surg

THE MORE I WILL QUOTE U...
Virtually all ur allegations against me are false.
FYI i intend marrying a doctor cuz my girl is one, so i got no time for hating and jealousy.
Like i said , its only a thought and my opinion, i culd be wrong or right...Ok?
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by macjireh: 9:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
Doclight:
so medics dnt do practical shey

Medicine is very very exorbitant. Not all pockets can survive dis course.
Unlike engineering.
Btw u peeps lack the pratical knowledge.
Apprentices learn more than u do in school(practically speaking)

in Nigeria, engineers lack actual practical training but that doesn't take away d fact dat engineers spend more in practice than doctors.
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by macjireh: 7:44am On Oct 13, 2014
Doctors come out and prove urself
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by JAF1(m): 8:22am On Oct 13, 2014
You may not see the costs because medical education in nigeria is highly subsidized. An average medical school graduate in the US completes his/her training with a debt ranging from 120,000-300,000USD. Some folks have more btw.
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by macjireh: 9:00am On Oct 13, 2014
JAF1:
You may not see the costs because medical education in nigeria is highly subsidized. An average medical school graduate in the US completes his/her training with a debt ranging from 120,000-300,000USD. Some folks have more btw.

same for engineers
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by macjireh: 9:03am On Oct 13, 2014
think about d most expensive medical facility in d world and compare with d most expensive engineering facility in d world lets see which is costlier to build
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by Johnfavour(m): 11:13am On Oct 13, 2014
When did Engineers join JOHESU? Threads I see this days are damn funny
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by babe4wealth(m): 7:51pm On Oct 13, 2014
Y all these engineering vs medicine threads everywhere?
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by sammy329(m): 7:53pm On Oct 13, 2014
it's very obvious, its medicine

1 Like

Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by babe4wealth(m): 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2014
sammy329:

hmmm don't get d OP angry o
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by QSheba: 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2014
hmmm
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by macjireh: 9:56pm On Oct 13, 2014
sammy329:
think about d most expensive medical facility
in d world and compare with d most expensive
engineering facility in d world lets see which is
costlier to build
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by franklyn009(m): 12:02am On Oct 14, 2014
medicine na
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by missdebs(f): 2:15am On Oct 14, 2014
depends on the field of engineering, civil engineering for 1 is quite expensive, buh overall i thnk medicine costs alot
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by Iceg(m): 6:46am On Oct 14, 2014
the hate on medicine is jst 2 much..very soon ppl dat read political science will start beefing doctors...
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by macjireh: 8:46am On Oct 14, 2014
Iceg:
the hate on medicine is jst 2 much..very soon ppl dat read political science will start beefing doctors...

i laff in Swahili
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by mesoade(m): 10:40am On Oct 14, 2014
macjireh:

think about d most expensive medical facility
in d world and compare with d most expensive
engineering facility in d world lets see which is
costlier to build
read d original post nd what u just posted and show me d similarity between d 2.
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by Dammytrager(m): 11:07am On Oct 14, 2014
I think medicine is over hyped, I mean u can only work in hospitals buh as an engineer u can specialize in various fields

3 Likes

Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by lawrenceunaa: 11:40am On Oct 14, 2014
Do Nigeria have doctors? undecided

I meant qualified doctors tongue

So if they do, y must our president travel to Germany just for headache sake shocked

Dora Akuyili is dead because she never believed the diagnosis of a Nigerian doctor undecided

Kidney problem dead ex president Mr yaradua travelled to Saudi Arabia embarassed

Medicine practitioners depends on USA made drug . immediately Ebola show our president travelled to usa for zmapp negotiations --am not against it but y not support ASUU to avoid strikes so our future doctor can learn same goes for engineering

I rest my case cheesy
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by macjireh: 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
lawrenceunaa:

So if they do, y must our president travel to Germany just for headache sake shocked

Dora Akuyili is dead because she never believed the diagnosis of a Nigerian doctor undecided

Kidney problem dead ex president Mr yaradua travelled to Saudi Arabia embarassed

Medicine practitioners depends on USA made drug . immediately Ebola show our president travelled to usa for zmapp negotiations --am not against it but y not support ASUU to avoid strikes so our future doctor can learn same goes for engineering

I rest my case cheesy

Don't mind dem jare
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by Doclight(m): 7:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
lawrenceunaa:

I rest my case cheesy
jealousy in 3d
do we have qualified engines?
If yes
then why did synagogue fell?
Why do we prefer italian mades?
Why do we find it hard to make our own?
Why do we have power facades?
Why are we technically declined?
Why do we travel out to buy materials?
I could go on.

Guy stop beefing pls...

1 Like

Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by lawrenceunaa: 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
Doclight:
jealousy in 3d
If yes
'Na tb Joshua greed cos am the guy wan expand him company without an authorized permit'

'Italian made what? Shoes? If so come aba, most Nigerians that is brand fan fails to differentiate b/w aba-italian lol

'No we make ours but govt fails to recognize'

'ASUU strike and corrupt govt cos we have the bras in but no sponsor
'I have forgotten the aspect of economics that suggests this but u can Google it out but it states that a country should import goods that would cost them much to produce'

I could go on.

'Guy i have answers to questions u never thought to ask grin

Guy stop beefing pls...

Beef no I love chicken grin
Am not beefing but am chickening lmao cheesy
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by macjireh: 7:11am On Oct 16, 2014
FPT BIKO MODS
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by Kunleskey(m): 8:40am On Oct 16, 2014
Nawa 4 una o
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by ERCROSS(m): 9:01am On Oct 16, 2014
Doclight:
jealousy in 3d
If yes
I could go on.

Guy stop beefing pls...

Baseless argument..
Null and void...
All this things listed above can be done here, in our country..
Synagogue falling isn't an architectural defect.

Medicine is over-Hyped in this country.
It was over-Hyped because not all university offer the study of the course.
The fact is that.. Engineering is more lucrative than medicine...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by Donfamous(m): 11:00am On Oct 16, 2014
lawrenceunaa:

I rest my case cheesy
what has this got to do with Thε̲̣̣̣̥ topic?
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 16, 2014
macjireh:

Bro,don't give up yet..
That you are not yet a popular engineer is not the end of the world,no need belittling yourself...Abi you buy your certificate

1 Like

Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by macjireh: 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2014
Odilafta:

Bro,don't give up yet..
That you are not yet a popular engineer is not the end of the world,no need belittling yourself...Abi you buy your certificate

Nah i ain't belittling myself, never!!!
Re: Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study by Karleb(m): 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2014
Medicine it is! angry

One spends 5yrs in school, the other spends 7yrs and someone is still asking this question? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Animals That Nigerians See As Evil / Nature With Its Dooms And Glooms Photos ❣️❣️ / Universities And Polytechnics That Accept Awaiting Result - Check Here -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.