Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs (3384 Views)

Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. / Photos : Accident Leads To Fight Between BRT Staff And Car Owner In Lagos / Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:17am On Oct 18, 2014
fidelio2002:
@Gazzuzz the way u arranged ur car papers is really nice but i bet u if u drive in Edo State d police there must find a fault in those papers. I was in Edo State 3wks ago And was driving (a camry) when some police men sopped me. They asked for DL And my car papers which i gave to them. When they saw i had all they asked for, then one of them pointed at my license they the column written colour that its custom they wrote there instead of the vehicle colour. i explained to them that d color of a car can be changed at anytime perhaps that is why d FRSC pple put custom there but they refused hear. After delaying me for about 30mins And discovered i was not ready to drop money, they now allowed me to go.

Another experience wt Nasarawa State police today. I was driving wt my family dis morning when i notice my vehicle temperature getting unusually high. So i parked my car under Keffi bridge, came down, opened d hood, And noticed one of d wires connecting d fan lossed contact. After fixing it And closing d hood. A police van came wt 3 policemen inside blocking my car. They said i was not supposed to park under d bridge. I explained it was my car that developed a fault that made me stop but they still did not want to hear. They tried intimidating me And asked for money but i refused to give them. Then they took me to their station. When we got there, they collected my car keys, vehicle papers And DL. I was still not intimidated. I now requested to see their DPO. Then they started soft-pedalling. Luckily, d DPO heard us n came out. When i explained what happened he barked at them n ordered them to give all d items they took from me. Na so i take free today Oº°˚˚°º . I have lost confidence in d Nigerian police!

@ the bolded did you say family? Those guys must me really mean.

Edo, ondo, 9thmile/enugu, bayelsa, warri..... I've seen them all and I'm always a step ahead. A friend of mine (police) once told me the Problem with nigerian drivers is their inability to follow a case to a logical conclusion they are always in a hurry. Worst case scenario when I'm at a check point with a stubborn chap is to make a "prank" call to a friend who says give them the phone, does some introduction shouts a little, next thing I here is sorry sir yes sir sorry sir he didn't tell us sir we will release him sir and I'm off!! I always beat them at their own game grin grin grin But I always meticulously ensure my papers are intact.
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by RColours: 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
I drive a branded company car with this very conspicuous colour combination, as such, every Tom, dick and Harry with or without uniform stops me. There's hardly a day I don't get stopped. I have all the papers, including the Hackney papers. I had to renew my license recently. The entire process cost me #10k5 and within 3 working days.

I try as much as possible to avoid the FRSC guys though. You can never have it complete with those ones.
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by fidelio2002: 2:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

@ the bolded did you say family? Those guys must me really mean.

Edo, ondo, 9thmile/enugu, bayelsa, warri..... I've seen them all and I'm always a step ahead. A friend of mine (police) once told me the Problem with nigerian drivers is their inability to follow a case to a logical conclusion they are always in a hurry. Worst case scenario when I'm at a check point with a stubborn chap is to make a "prank" call to a friend who says give them the phone, does some introduction shouts a little, next thing I here is sorry sir yes sir sorry sir he didn't tell us sir we will release him sir and I'm off!! I always beat them at their own game grin grin grin But I always meticulously ensure my papers are intact.
Yes my bro, i was wt my family. That ur scope make sence die. Maybe i ll try it one of these days. And u r very correct about drivers been in a hurry And that is what d police always take advantage of.
Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by erico2k2(m): 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
I get stopped every time Im Driving from PH to warri when Im in Nigeria,but I always have everything ready, I deliberately remove the tinted permit, and when they check I can see them getting excited no finding it there but then I go and bring it out just to spoil their day.
I was stopped once by the FRC and we had an argument with fire extinguisher lol it was at zero mark, he said it was empty I said Zero was a positive figure so he was wrong we argued for 20 mins, their boss came out and said go and buy another one lol I said that's wast I intend to do.
Again a police officer thought he was clever and asked why my Engine Number and chassis number bear same figure,I was like na so them write am ohh, he said he was gonna search for the Engine Number I said to him be my guest,I was on holiday and i got all day lol,I popped the hood and took out a cold can kola from the boot fridge,The Temp under the Hood must be 100 plus, he realized he would get roasted if he touches the Engine and at that point said Oga try and correct the number ,I laughed and zoomed off.
Never ever let the NPF intimidate you, always keep your DOCs up to date that way you are the Boss every time.

1 Like

Re: As A Car Driver, What Are Ur Experiences With Police And Car Docs by Burger01(m): 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
Nice thread

I have several cars but my papers are consistent.

For cars got brand new I do not have custom duty certificates or vehicle inspection papers, because the law specifically states its for cars older than 5years, so this is my list

1. Recipt of the vehicle
2.Certificate of ownership
3.Insurance
4.Vehicle licence
5.Recipt of number plate
6.Police clearance
7.Vio or MOT papers
8.Tint permit
9.Photocopy of drivers licence
10.Custom duty certificate
11.Vehicle registration booklet
12. Other papers to make it plenty

Note the only papers you have to renew every year are, 3,4,and 7 others are constant.

All my papers are spiral bound and look like the pic below. Funny thing is I haven't shown any one my papers in about 2 years.
Lovely. Tomorrow I'm spiral binding my vehicle papers, comprehensively.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Pricey Car Collection Of Billionaire Aliko Dangote / My Nissan Pathfinder Jerks / Between Lexus Rx300 2001 And Toyota Highlander 2001 Model Which One Is Better.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.