Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:16 PM

Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. (3619 Views)

Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor / Like Obasanjo Like Buhari? / OPC Supported Obj Like Asari Supports GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2014
Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The generation that pocketed Nigeria.

It was just six years into the so called independence, it came like a lightening, the military boys led by Nzeogwu had taken over with some marshal music and speeches of "hope" aimed at hiding their lust for power.

It was termed an "Igbo" coup, and many Igbos paid dearly for what they didn't know. The power game of the military boys, led to a civil and among the prominent names in that war who are still alive are Obasanjo, IBB and Buhari. Was it the war to keep Nigeria one that kept the military boys holding on to power from 1967 to 1979 (12 years)? Or was it the fact that these elements of brutality had tasted and got addicted to the "honeyed" flavours of power?

They had a break from 1979 to 1983 (just 4 years), and then they came back to power with the same marshal music and the some speeches of "hope", yet hiding their lust for power. If the 1966 coup was a mistake, what then led Buhari and his gang to carry out the 1983 coup? The ethnic tapes was not used to measure the 1983 coup simply because the then President was from the North and the criminal gang of coupists was led by Notherners and Buhari to be specific. Yet, the 1966 coup and the 1983 coup had the same tone of "We the boys with the gun, want to taste the sweet flavours of power".

The "senior" boys of the military hoped to taste the "thing" one by one, but unfortunately, whosoever gets in, found the "thing" so sweet that he would not want to get out. Did you hear the Gusau of a guy, who claimed that IBB was greedy for seeking to rule Nigeria again in 2011? According to him, there was an agreement for “a turn by turn” among them and he was insisting it was his turn.

Gowon's turn was so long and he was forced out, Murtala who took over was just about a year in the “thing” but was killed by younger men who got tired of the “big boys”. OBJ as second in command took over and made haste for the second republic. Buhari destroyed the second republic, but was yet to enjoy his turn, when IBB got impatient and forced him out. IBB didn't really want to go, but had to “step aside” hoping for a better day. Buhari has not forgotten the taste of the "thing". He wants it back at all cost: he wants to complete his turn. When Abacha, offered a small space during his (Abacha's) turn, he jumped at it with the hope off clinching the "thing" at the slightest opportunity. Buhari with all his “integrity and honesty” headed Abacha’s PTF (Petroleum Thieving Fund?) and thinks that some of us will not ask questions of what were really his true intentions? Despite the public recovery of some of Abacha's loots, Buhari is still insisting that Abacha was not corrupt.

General Sir, was it love for Nigeria or love for the “thing” that made you to crawl under Abacha’s table to eat from the crumbs of brutality and corruption?

Then, when Abacha got killed from heavy overdose of the “thing”, IBB led the northern “boys” to look for a like minded Yoruba who also is among the military “boys” to submit the “thing” to. This search for a like minded Yoruba was because the ethnic tape was once again used to measure the “thing”: Abiola was Yoruba and it was obvious that except the Yoruba handles the “thing” as at then, Nigeria would most likely break. The like minded Yoruba was OBJ. The thoughts of the Northern “boys” who due to the ethnic war had gained prominence in the army was that OBJ would hand over after fours (a feat he performed, when he handed over to Shagari without any struggle). Unfortunately, the OBJ they knew had changed: OBJ wanted the “thing” for as long as he has breathe. He discarded the agreement to hand over to IBB and his likes and was rather going for a 3rd term.

Haa! 3rd term: The 3rd term phenomenon almost tore Nigeria to shreds. The generals were at war and Nigerians had to suffer. Nigerians were crying to God and also were working had to stop OBJ. Thank God, we succeeded.
Among the popular arguments then was by someone who said that OBJ belonged to the generation of his fathers and was among those who “led” Nigeria as at then. When his generation came, OBJ was among those “leading” Nigeria and it was then the turn of his children’s generation, OBJ was still “leading” Nigeria. Finally, OBJ was also planning to “lead” the generation of his grand children.
The call was “Say no to third term”.

When we rejected OBJ, he out of anger handed it over to Yaradua, a “northerner”, in whom the “northern boys” will find some respect. As Yaradua left the “thing” to answer God’s call, the “boys” were excited that it was time once more to take a shot at the “thing”. Nigerians with the proper perspective had said no to IBB, but I am wondering why so many of them are carried away with the Buhari fanfare.

Let me borrow that line of the ”generations”:
During my fathers time, Buhari was among the “leaders”, during my time (I was in secondary school when he took over by gun), Buhari was among the “leaders” . Now, it is my children’s time and Buhari will be “leading” Nigeria? Perhaps, even the generation of my grand children will likely see Buhari “leading” Nigeria.

This is cannot be, this must not be. The present state of Ngieria was heavily the product of many factors, but a major contributor is the school of thought power hungry soldiers who would do anything to have power. Buhari is among them and Nigerians must stop him.

If we said to the tyranny of OBJs third term, let us equally say no to the “Sai Buhari” movement, because it is a big lie. Buhari is selling a dummy to Nigerians. “Sai Buhari” is a great insult to about 160 million Nigerians. If Buhari is the only man credible enough to rule Nigeria out of 160 million people, then that is the proof that proof we need that Nigeria is a failed country.

In the 60s; Buhari. In the 70s; Buhari, in the 80s; Buhari, in the 90s; Buhari, in the 00s; Buhari and now in the 10s; still Buhari. If Buhari’s insult is not to the generation of the 80’s and 90’s ( those who perhaps are only hearing of him now), he is to my generation.
Nigerians will be making a great mistake by voting Buhari into power. Say no to this generation of power hungry soldiers who pocketed Nigeria for about 50 years now. They are all old men, yet their lust for power is unquenchable.

He that have ears, let him hear.

4 Likes

Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by adioolayi(m): 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
I am sure each individual has only one vote....for me , myself and I....if Buhari will cleanse our Nation from corruption... I will vote for him.

6 Likes

Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Civory(m): 9:11pm On Oct 12, 2014
Is it Buhari you fear/dislike or the war against corruption that he stands for?!!!

4 Likes

Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by size38: 10:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
GEJ is among that generation u mentioned. In fact GEJ has stolen more than the three names u mentioned put together.

2 Likes

Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 12, 2014
I wonder what is even sweet about being president that these oldmen want to die put for the matter?
Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by nigerianvenom(m): 10:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
All of them are the same.they all rendered nigeria useless by introducing several sillly laws against nigerian and that is why we are were we are.few years ago,one of them protested and called on nigerian government to introduce sharia throughout nigeria,but he forgot that muslims in nigeria are not even upto 40percent,such person still wants to govern us,but God will never allow him rule us again.

thank God for GEJ that has a listening ear and has done all within his limit to repair this nation.GOD BLESS U SIR

4 Likes

Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 12, 2014
Noblezone,do check my reply please!
Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by dexentity: 11:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
Had JEG being a good president this your long boring post would not have been neccessary. It is not about GMB's age, it is about seeing GMB as a lesser evil. You need to check out the corruption and avoidable death rate in this present administration, Nigerians deserve better.
Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:28am On Oct 13, 2014
dexentity:
Had JEG being a good president this your long boring post would not have been neccessary. It is not about GMB's age, it is about seeing GMB as a lesser evil. You need to check out the corruption and avoidable death rate in this present administration, Nigerians deserve better.

You really think Jonathan is not a good President?
Please, what is your yardstick of measuring his presidency!

As for Buhari, I am inisting that in country of 160 million people, if one man alone is suitable to lead us, then we are all stupid.
You guys should either search for a better replacement for Jonathan, because the old tyrant called Buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria except if the country is split!

1 Like

Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:24am On Oct 13, 2014
Civory:
Is it Buhari you fear/dislike or the war against corruption that he stands for?!!!

Fear Buhari? for what na?

Which war against corruption are you talking about?
Was OBJ not "fighting" corruption?

Buhari "stands" against corruption, yet he served and defends one of the most corrupted men in Africa called Abacha.
Buhari just like all coup plotters is a criminal!

Enough!

2 Likes

Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:30am On Oct 13, 2014
adioolayi:
I am sure each individual has only one vote....for me , myself and I....if Buhari will cleanse our Nation from corruption... I will vote for him.

Buhari will cleanse your nation of corruption?
Only Buhari out 160 million people?
Then your nation is lost forever!
If the destiny of your nation is only tied on one man and him only, then I will advice you to prepare for the eventual demise of your nation.

I insist that coup plotting is a serious crime! As a matter of fact, it is treason!
But this is Nigeria, we are paying Buhari and his likes for committing treason!
Shame!

1 Like

Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by philantoxx(m): 7:03am On Oct 13, 2014
same old people who have failed generations yet unborn.
Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
philantoxx:
same old people who have failed generations yet unborn.

The most annoying aspect is that they have bewitched the younger generations with deception.
Some of our younger ones believe that their hope lie with this men.

How did we get here?
Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
noblezone:

The most annoying aspect is that they have bewitched the younger generations with deception.

How did we get here?

In terms of real change Obasanjo remains the best in every way you look at it. Handed over government twice and changing banking, power, telecommunications, agricultural sectors. Buhari to me is what Nigeria needs most at the moment. People like Jonathan have no place in a sane society. How could subsidy rise from 260billion to 2.7trillion in less than 2 years? By the time Buhari gets there we'll be spending less than 100billion on subsidy and our refineries will start working. Every sane mind should support a Buhari candidacy for now.

Watch this clip from Sanusi and reason with a free mind to realize how wicked our leaders can be. Imagine a Church leader going to President to cover a fraudster that defrauded millions of innocent people. He was left unharmed while Sanusi was haunted like he predicted on this lecture. All the people working with Jonathan today deserve to be jailed forever and ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjViGLJIU9g
Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by philantoxx(m): 7:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
noblezone:

How did we get here?
its so pathetic bro.it seems the youths even feel they lack the will power to take the mantle.
mediocrity has eaten deep into the fabricks.
Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
berem:
Noblezone,do check my reply please!

Hope this is not anther "Berem emails Cramjones"
Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by darne(m): 7:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
This is crap,.... Buhari's name shouldn't be in that list,.. it should be GEJ Instead because I have never really seen anyone so corrupt since abacha's but this so called fresh air messiah smh Nigerians should wake up angry
Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Hope this is not anther "Berem emails Cramjones"
noblezone,biko bia zakwa ajuju.
Sunnybobo,not everyone is as stoopid as you. Grow up and get some sense.
Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Lamour1: 7:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
I did not see Buhari's first stint, so i cant be too sure of what happened then apart from what we are been told both online and offline.
GEJ made many mistakes as a president by not keying into the enabling platform that Nigerians gave him, before the advent of "we will make this country ungovernable".
Having said that, the problem of this country is not individuals but the system. I have seen things in the process of doing my job and i have come to believe that to get this country right is not too far fetched.
I'd like to know how Buhari will fight corruption single handedly in this country if he wins next year. Is it with the corrupt judicial system that fines a criminal 700k after stealing over 2billion.
Is he going to prosecute only his political enemies like his brother in arms(obj) did.
If he wins and starts fight corruption, will he prosecute Tinubu, with all this story of milking Lagos. If he will so all this and get it right, then i think he is the man.

1 Like

Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by madamoringo(f): 7:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
noblezone:

You really think Jonathan is not a good President?
Please, what is your yardstick of measuring his presidency!

As for Buhari, I am inisting that in country of 160 million people, if one man alone is suitable to lead us, then we are all stupid.
You guys should either search for a better replacement for Jonathan, because the old tyrant called Buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria except if the country is split!

You have one vote use it, don't tell others what they must do! Your epistle is useless, GEJ never a military man has worn the military uniforms more than any other president as a civilian! He secretly wishes he was or could be one but never: military is not for doofuses like him. If Buhari buys a nomination form, does that stop you or your father from also buying? Or does it mean everyone is so useless in your family and clan that not only will they never buy a candidacy form but also pull down someone who refused to cross carpet and go to a party that will cut him a big piece of the national cake. Eme-Ezeoke, Ben Obi both ibos were mere VP candidates and as soon as they lost the election, they went to PDP to take a cut of the national cake! Meanwhile Bakare has refused to go to PDP to cut the national cake. Ribadu has also gone. Cola Adeola is not known to be grovelling for a piece of the cake! This is the life of you and your people so you can rant all you want, Nigerians already know that your people are AGIP and will go with any candidate with money to spend and not principles. It is an insult that you assume that your spurious and mendacious useless article will make other Nigerians to not exercise their vote in the best way they only will choose!
Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:28pm On Oct 19, 2014
berem:
noblezone,biko bia zakwa ajuju.
Sunnybobo,not everyone is as stoopid as you. Grow up and get some sense.

Odika otu okobago gi oko. Biko adikwam celibate....
Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Odika otu okobago gi oko. Biko adikwam celibate....
na you sabi.
Biko stop disturbing my mentions.
Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
berem:
na you sabi.
Biko stop disturbing my mentions.

1 Like

Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by ASL33: 8:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
darne:
This is crap,.... Buhari's name shouldn't be in that list,.. it should be GEJ Instead because I have never really seen anyone so corrupt since abacha's but this so called fresh air messiah smh Nigerians should wake up angry
Really, but Your Buhari said Abacha was never corrupt. It seem you and GMB defines corruption differently.

1 Like

Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
ASL33:
Really, but Your Buhari said Abacha was never corrupt. It seem you and GMB defines corruption differently.
and Jonathan free him and his families from all charges
Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by FearGodinall: 12:44am On Oct 20, 2014
Abagworo:

In terms of real change Obasanjo remains the best in every way you look at it. Handed over government twice and changing banking, power, telecommunications, agricultural sectors. Buhari to me is what Nigeria needs most at the moment. People like Jonathan have no place in a sane society. How could subsidy rise from 260billion to 2.7trillion in less than 2 years? By the time Buhari gets there we'll be spending less than 100billion on subsidy and our refineries will start working. Every sane mind should support a Buhari candidacy for now.

Watch this clip from Sanusi and reason with a free mind to realize how wicked our leaders can be. Imagine a Church leader going to President to cover a fraudster that defrauded millions of innocent people. He was left unharmed while Sanusi was haunted like he predicted on this lecture. All the people working with Jonathan today deserve to be jailed forever and ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjViGLJIU9g
. Its very unfortunate that even the youths the so called leaders of tomorrow had degraded so low that they are no more confident of their selves any more. How much were you buying fuel as at when OBJ was the president? and when Yaradua of blessed memory was/Gej were at the top job? Compare the subsidy of last year and this year then you 'll understand why people were paying #200 for a litter of fuel when OBj was at the helm of affairs. If you think Buhari is the only qualified Nigerian to clean the mess of the nation then it will be a joke of the century. Gani Fawehemi of blessed memory was call to serve under Abacha regime but refused and the saint GMB as you claimed served under him and Abacha and his government was judged to be the most corrupt government in the history of Nigeria, what does this mean to you. Buhari is as corrupt as any other person you think to be so, his presidency is unacceptable,is an insult to our intelligent. There are millions out their that can do better than him. If Buhari is the only one to sanitised naija, then is better we go back to the colonel era.

1 Like

Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by darne(m): 9:20am On Oct 20, 2014
ASL33:

And GEJ Seems to be the messiah, oluwa of corruption, a free king that welcomes corruption in every angle, corrupt officers and corrupt alies,,.......Una Go Know!
Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 20, 2014
FearGodinall:
. Its very unfortunate that even the youths the so called leaders of tomorrow had degraded so low that they are no more confident of their selves any more. How much were you buying fuel as at when OBJ was the president? and when Yaradua of blessed memory was/Gej were at the top job? Compare the subsidy of last year and this year then you 'll understand why people were paying #200 for a litter of fuel when OBj was at the helm of affairs. If you think Buhari is the only qualified Nigerian to clean the mess of the nation then it will be a joke of the century. Gani Fawehemi of blessed memory was call to serve under Abacha regime but refused and the saint GMB as you claimed served under him and Abacha and his government was judged to be the most corrupt government in the history of Nigeria, what does this mean to you. Buhari is as corrupt as any other person you think to be so, his presidency is unacceptable,is an insult to our intelligent. There are millions out their that can do better than him. If Buhari is the only one to sanitised naija, then is better we go back to the colonel era.

Abacha announced Buhari's coup.
Abacha announced IBB as a replacement to Buhari.
When IBB "steped aside", Abacha took over.
Abacha brought Buhari back (to head the PTF).

IBB was hoping to rule Nigeria again.
Buhari has not giving up on the hope of ruling Nigeria.
Even OBJ didnt want to go. He was hoping for a 3rd term.

If these men have not raised leaders to replace them, then they are failures.
What is the level of education and exposure of Buhari?
Only in Africa do we have such men who out of greed for power will trample upon our best brains.

It is terrible.

Let us continue to stand for the truth and also ask God to give us wisdom.
Re: Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 20, 2014
Lamour1:
I did not see Buhari's first stint, so i cant be too sure of what happened then apart from what we are been told both online and offline.
GEJ made many mistakes as a president by not keying into the enabling platform that Nigerians gave him, before the advent of "we will make this country ungovernable".
Having said that, the problem of this country is not individuals but the system. I have seen things in the process of doing my job and i have come to believe that to get this country right is not too far fetched.
I'd like to know how Buhari will fight corruption single handedly in this country if he wins next year. Is it with the corrupt judicial system that fines a criminal 700k after stealing over 2billion.
Is he going to prosecute only his political enemies like his brother in arms(obj) did.
If he wins and starts fight corruption, will he prosecute Tinubu, with all this story of milking Lagos. If he will so all this and get it right, then i think he is the man.

You are going to far.
Just read about Abacha and his looting, yet Buhari has told us he was not corrupt.

(1) (Reply)

Gen Muhammadu Buhari Acceptance Speech - Download Available / Are We Next After The Fulani Terrorists Finish With The North ? (Graphic pics) / "I Will See You Off, Others Can Find Their Way" - Buhari To Osinbajo (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.