Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland (8949 Views)

10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria / Unilag Past Questions On Msc Medical Microbiology / Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses In Scotland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by truthfully: 11:44am On Aug 02, 2006
Hi All,
Please I need first-hand info on this oil and gas courses in the UK. I am thinking of starting it up in January since I'm most likely too late for September. I want to build a career in the oil industry. Any present or past student? Do u have friends or family doing any of these courses? I need info on Job oppurtunities after conclusion, Hottest Courses, Top Schools et al.
I have visited various websites but as I said earlier I would like first-hand info.
Thanks
Re: Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by ogs(m): 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2006
Hello.

Actually, i ve not been to Robert Gordon University myself but a friend just graduated from an MSc programme in OIL AND GAS ENGINEERING, and he is doing great. He first got a job with TOTAL and has now left for PEAK PETROLEUM.

On the other hand, i just began my own admission processing, i will be glad if u could beof assistance. This my guy i told u of is now almost unreachable cos he is alwayson the OIL RIG.

Thanks.
Re: Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by truthfully: 4:08pm On Aug 02, 2006
How exactly do u want me to help? I am based in Nigeria.
Re: Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by ogs(m): 11:22am On Aug 04, 2006
Hello, thanks for the response. Actually i studied AGRIC. ECONS AND FARM MGT. BUT I AM LOOKING AT A FORAY INTO THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY.

I am more concerned about the PTDF scholarship and its procedures. I am a PRIZE WINNER from UNILORIN with a CGPA of 4.31/5.00.

I would be glad to hear from you soonest again.

Thanks a million.
Re: Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by kaypumpy1: 10:02am On Aug 06, 2006
d info u need is not a problem,all u need 2 do is just 2 go any university website dat u are interested in and c their admssn requirements.there is no 2 way 2 it.also get ur transcript and 2 reference letter 4rm ur dept and start ur applicatn process.
Re: Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by truthfully: 11:07am On Aug 07, 2006
kay pumpy:

d info u need is not a problem,all u need 2 do is just 2 go any university website that u are interested in and c their admssn requirements.there is no 2 way 2 it.also get your transcript and 2 reference letter from your debt and start your applicatn process.
Thanks. However, I stated that I have been to these websites. I just need 2 speak with someone that is actually doing any of these courses.
Re: Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by Iney: 12:20am On Aug 22, 2006
Hey,
My bros won the PTDF scholarship to Imperial College to study Petroleum engineering.Guys orting for oil and gas engineering study in Robert Gordon University,Aberdeen,Angus.If it's the PTDF,I doubt if your CGPA really counts as it's the test thats the main thing.If your score's high,then definitely you should be sure of an award.Job experience also counts too.My bros was on a 4.05 CGPA,with 1yr working experience in the oil sector though he studied Mech.Engr.But that shouldn't discourage you.The test determines your fate especially if you are shortlisted for it.
But with your CGPA,you stand a good chance to win lots of scholarships for studies in the states.Attempt the GRE and TOEFL.A high score on these tests and a good recommendation from your professors with your awards from your university(since you are a prize winner),you should be a good candidate for a full Ph.D scholarship in American unis.Try checking the sites of the universities you wish to attend.Informations about scholarship are numerous there.
Any questions,feel free to ask the forum.There'll always be people who can answer them
Wish you success in your applications and endeavours.
Re: Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by chucktaylo: 12:49am On Jul 05, 2009
Hi,
im a 4th yr 2:2 student in the university of port-harcourt with a dream to work in the oil and gas sector, but i dont think my grades are good enough. pls i was wondering if you guys could tell me the best steps to take after graduation to achieve that dream, thanks
Re: Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by skfa1: 5:17pm On Jan 13, 2010
chucktaylo:

Hi,
im a 4th yr 2:2 student in the university of port-harcourt with a dream to work in the oil and gas sector, but i dont think my grades are good enough. pls i was wondering if you guys could tell me the best steps to take after graduation to achieve that dream, thanks

Try University of Teesside (MSc Petroleum Tech), u will get admission with ur 2:2

Good luck.
Re: Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by Samystyler: 10:50pm On Jan 13, 2010
Hi am an upper credit HND graduate from I.M.T enugu where i studied chemical engineering. I just concluded my service few months ago. I wish to further my education(msc) in the oil n gas sector overseas, please is this obtainable without having a degree in Nigeria? Please i need answers and replys
Re: Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by Samystyler: 10:50pm On Jan 13, 2010
Hi am an upper credit HND graduate from I.M.T enugu where i studied chemical engineering. I just concluded my service few months ago. I wish to further my education(msc) in the oil n gas sector overseas, please is this obtainable without having a degree in Nigeria? Please i need answers and replys
Re: Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by skfa1: 1:28am On Jan 14, 2010
Samystyler:

U will need to get a degree to do this bros.

check the following schl in the UK

1 Uni of Teesside

2 Trans atlantic college

3 greenwish college london

4 Uni aberden

Hope that helps
Re: Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by Vimalan: 7:08am On Feb 26, 2010
Hi friends,
This is Vimalan from India. I had completed B.E. in Mining Engineering with a CGPA 7.2. I'm planning to take us Masters in Oil and Gas. Please refer me which country and university will the best in:

1. Standard & quality of education.
2. Low fees and fair.
3. Financial assistances like scholarship and Internship.
4. Placement assistances.

Also please provide me the fees information in the preferred universities and tips to get financial assistance from bank or any enterprises.

Thank U…,
With Regards
Vimal Kumar-India
Re: Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by rooneyA: 7:56am On May 29, 2011
Hi ,

I got offer from Robert gordon and salford. i have presently decided to go robert Gordon - Msc in Oil and Gas.
I need some info :
how is it there for foreign students?
how are facilities ?
Standard of teaching ?
Accomodation options ? if hostel / or Appartments ? if appartments then how much is the lowest rent to be paid (like studio flat) ?
Is the cost of living more in aberdeen ?
What part time job options are there ? How much one can earn while doing part time ?
demerits of part time ?

Please help me!!!! any Ex student or friends/Family of Ex students can help me well!!!
Please feel free to reply
thanks in advance!!
Re: Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by tvinci2(m): 2:57pm On Aug 28, 2011
I am a graduate of Unilorin from Political Science Department with Second-Class lower degree. Please is it possible for me to undertkake my masters in the Oil and Gas Sector.
Re: Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by lelechuka: 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
Please Guys, what university is good for oil and gas engineering in UK?.
Can anybody help me with the difference between UNI ABERDEEN AND ROBRT GORDON UNI, WHICH IS THE BEST?
Plz I need your help/guide.
Thanks.

Chuka
chukaiweka@yahoo.com
Re: Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland by LtGenIsaacJr(m): 9:19pm On Jun 21, 2013
please I would need a first hand info on how to get admitted into any good sch abroad that can take a 2nd class lower honour degree for oil and gas engineering master's degree program
anyone with vital info should please let it out. your responses would be highly appreciated

(1) (Reply)

University Of Benin, Benin City, UNIBEN 2014/2015 Post Utme Form Now Out / NECO GCE Result 2018 Is Out: NECO Records Over 62% Credits In Maths, English / 2016/2017 University of Jos Postgraduate Admission List Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.