Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:52 AM

Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples (25337 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. / At The Vatican, A Shift In Tone Towards Gay And Divorce / Pagans/traditionalists What Is Your Attitude Towards The Issue Of Homosexuality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 12:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
elampiro:
9. (Special Locution)

Apr

The Modern Events  

Jesus

Pope Francis wants only blessings for the Church, and desires to make the Church a place where everyone is welcome.  He wants to study the needs of the Church and has begun this process by calling a Synod, which will face the issues of family life.

There will be three stages.  First, the time leading up to the Synod.  Second, the Synod itself and third, the Church after the Synod.  The Synod will be a watershed.  The desire to accommodate and to be open will come at a high price.  People will speak up.  Some guided by heaven and others guided by hell.

Before the Synod, survey results will be revealed by those who want to influence the outcome.  At the Synod itself, some bishops will say things that will break with traditional morality.  Others will make suggestions that cannot be followed.  All of that will lead to the time after the Synod.

Some, to the far right, will have difficulty in accepting the tone of the Synod.  The vast majority of Catholics will wonder what took place and just what was determined.  There is a third group which has advocated serious changes in the Church’s teachings concerning family life issues.  They will see the Synod as the vindication, at long last, of their positions (even though this was not explicitly said).

After the Synod, the Church will be known as the Church of Pope Francis.  More than anything else, the Synod will put its stamp on this pontificate, just as Vatican II did for Pope John XXIII.

The Church, however, will not be ready for the fierce battles that lie ahead.  It will not be a Church formed by the Woman Clothed With the Sun, nor will it be able to confront the great forces that are shaping the world.  The Church of Pope Francis will not be ready.  It will be a popular, accepting and open Church but will not be ready for the future events.

http://www.locutions.org/2014/04/9-special-locution/

* I see this as a polite way of telling you guys who Pope Francis is.

* We know too the side Pope Francis is between the two forces in the Synod.

Did you take a look at the bold? What is wrong with that for a Pope? More so I see "Jesus" is calling him Pope Francis, did you take note of that? So was the advice to us to disown our Pope like you and run? Or to continuosly pray that good may triumph over evil.

2 Likes

Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2014
elampiro:

I knew this was the reason you followed locution. Lol

I did not tell you I believe in locution, I only pointed to you what your beloved locution said about Pope Francis recently.

I believe in Maria's messages.

You see, you pick and choose which one to believe, why did you chose mdm over locutions? I do not want to go into the contradictions of maria divine mercy, all that anyone need to do is type " contradictions of maria divine mercy" in google and voila.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
Syncan:

Did you take a look at the bold? What is wrong with that for a Pope? More so I see "Jesus" is calling him Pope Francis, did you take note of that? So was the advice to us to disown our Pope like you and run? Or to continuosly pray that good may triumph over evil.

Read the entire message.

I don't debate messages. That message speaks for itself.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
Syncan:

You see, you pick and choose which one to believe, why did you chose mdm over locutions? I do not want to go into the contradictions of maria divine mercy, all that anyone need to do is type " contradictions of maria divine mercy" in google and voila.

The messages of Maria Divine Mercy speak for themselves. If you want to believe what people write on blog to try and discredit them, that's your personal stuff. There are countless counter articles too validating them in line with church teachings, tradition and scripture.

As I said, I don't debate messages. I can only paste some of them here and let the readers here discern for themselves.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
elampiro:

Read the entire message.

I don't debate messages. That message speak for itself.

Flip flops speaking for itself abi? God does not contradict itself. Many have prophecied in the past, they had followers yet were not of God. You should read and follow nostrademus too.

2 Likes

Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
elampiro:

The messages of Maria Divine Mercy speak for themselves. If you want to believe what people write on blog to try and discredit them, that's your personal stuff. There are countless counter articles too validating them in line with church teachings, tradition and scripture.

As I said, I don't debate messages. I can only paste some of them here and let the readers here discern for themselves.

You can open a thread to start pasting them, I will likely visit to paste the contradictions too.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 12:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
Syncan:

Flip flops speaking for itself abi? God does not contradict itself. Many have prophecied in the past, they had followers yet were not of God. You should read and follow nostrademus too.

Why do you read locutions? You are contradicting yourself.

Nostrademus despite being centuries old was not approved by the church. I didn't even live them.

Now, I have read all the approved messages and I hear God talk to me through them and the recent messages. And the prophecies are coming true (happening).
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
Syncan:

You can open a thread to start pasting them, I will likely visit to paste the contradictions too.

There is no harm in pasting them here.

If you want to see contradiction even in the bible you would see. Ok?
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by beryl04(m): 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2014
elampiro:

If you don't believ in church approved prophecies why are you claiming to be a Catholic?

Oh now it's church approved prophecies not Holy spirit induced prophecies.
Get real bro

Btw,I never claimed to be a catholic!
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2014
beryl04:

Oh now it's church approved prophecies not Holy spirit induced prophecies.
Get real bro

Btw,I never claimed to be a catholic!

How do you know what is from Holy Spirit? You said you are a gay, is that from the Holy Spirit?
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
elampiro:

Why do you read locutions? You are contradicting yourself.

Nostrademus despite being centuries old was not approved by the church. I didn't even live them.

Now, I have read all the approved messages and I hear God talk to me through them and the recent messages. And the prophecies are coming true (happening).

I read the locutions because it contains inspiring and edifying messages, any day I start to see flip flops like those of maria divine mercy I will bail. I am not like you that MDM messages has replaced the scripture and church teachings for.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 7:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
elampiro:

There is no harm in pasting them here.

If you want to see contradiction even in the bible you would see. Ok?

You need to post on topic or you will incure the wrath of the mods, that's why I said to open a thread.

Now you are placing maria divine mercy messages and scripture as mates, ok na.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by beryl04(m): 8:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
elampiro:

How do you know what is from Holy Spirit? You said you are a gay, is that from the Holy Spirit?

I am gay and that's the way I was born.

Ur question is just like asking if ur heterosexuality is from Holy spirit but I get it ur UN-informed and prolly know nothing about human sexuality apart from the mainstream and what d bible tells u is right sexuality.
But sorry to burst ur bubble Mr for human sexuality is neither black or white,male or female or even heterosexual and homosexual.there's other stuff in between and have been like that since beginning of time.
U know the bible shouldn't be the only literature u read ,try ur hands on other books and get to know more about the world u live in.

1 Like

Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 8:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
beryl04:

I am gay and that's the way I was born.

Ur question is just like asking if ur heterosexuality is from Holy spirit but I get it ur UN-informed and prolly know nothing about human sexuality apart from the mainstream and what d bible tells u is right sexuality.
But sorry to burst ur bubble Mr for human sexuality is neither black or white,male or female or even heterosexual and homosexual.there's other stuff in between and have been like that since beginning of time.
U know the bible shouldn't be the only literature u read ,try ur hands on other books and get to know more about the world u live in.

Mathew 19.

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
Syncan:

I read the locutions because it contains inspiring and edifying messages, any day I start to see flip flops like those of maria divine mercy I will bail. I am not like you that MDM messages has replaced the scripture and church teachings for.

I have used scriptures to support my arguments. So what's the qualms about?

You on your part is placing CCC above scripture and tradition..
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2014
Syncan:

You need to post on topic or you will incure the wrath of the mods, that's why I said to open a thread.

I won't incur any wrath, don't threaten me. If they support my argument or if there is any reason to invoke them, then it's cool. It's religion and catholicism we are discussing.

Syncan:

Now you are placing maria divine mercy messages and scripture as mates, ok na.

The Cardinals, bishops and priests who are complaining don't even know of Maria Divine Mercy. What is wrong is wrong. Take truth to the end of the world, it won't change. Divine Mercy devotion is a good example of truth that cannot be killed or buried.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 10:09am On Oct 16, 2014
elampiro:

I won't incur any wrath, don't threaten me. If they support my argument or if there is any reason to invoke them, then it's cool. It's religion and catholicism we are discussing.

Oga, no one is threatening you, I just made a suggestion based on the rules on NL to post on topic. I really don't mind wherever you decide to post it as long as the OP does not complain, no wahala.

elampiro:

The Cardinals, bishops and priests who are complaining don't even know of Maria Divine Mercy. What is wrong is wrong. Take truth to the end of the world, it won't change. Divine Mercy devotion is a good example of truth that cannot be killed or buried.

How does this respond to my post You just have a lot of bitterness in you that you're eager to release. Well, let's hear it.

1 Like

Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 10:12am On Oct 16, 2014
elampiro:

I have used scriptures to support my arguments. So what's the qualms about?

You on your part is placing CCC above scripture and tradition..

What argument did you use scripture to support?
Cathecism of the Catholic Church (CCC) is completely drenched in scripture and tradition. You are not a catholic if you don't know this, you are just a maria divine mercy follower.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 10:31am On Oct 16, 2014
Syncan:

What argument did you use scripture to support?
Cathecism of the Catholic Church (CCC) is completely drenched in scripture and tradition. You are not a catholic if you don't know this, you are just a maria divine mercy follower.

It's you that is not a Catholic. You are supporting and preaching heresy against the scripture.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 10:34am On Oct 16, 2014
Syncan:

Oga, no one is threatening you, I just made a suggestion based on the rules on NL to post on topic. I really don't mind wherever you decide to post it as long as the OP does not complain, no wahala.

How does this respond to my post You just have a lot of bitterness in you that you're eager to release. Well, let's hear it.

I don't even get what you are driving at.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Ubenedictus(m): 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2014
elampiro:

Akita was approved. LaSalette has even a stronger message about 'a future Pope'.

Maria Divine Mercy is one among recent messages talking about the Pope and a coming division between a Schismatic one world church/religion and a faithful remnant.

maria divine mercy is not an approved apparation, the bishop of the diocese is distancin himself from the so-called "apparation".

Pls don't rank maria divine mercy along with fatima, la salette, akita...
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Ubenedictus(m): 8:01pm On Oct 16, 2014
elampiro:

When a Pope is refusing to do what is right he automatically is excommunicating himself. That's Canon law for you. His interviews, even this month, are a disaster. I have never seen a Pope refusing to defend the faith. He is being cunning and he equivocates in his sermons.

actually dear, that is a gray portion of canon law, the suff that excommunicates a cleric is "heresy", not refusal to do work. He pope hasn't taught heresy,...those canons cannot be applied.

You seem to be readin half baked people on blogs.

2 Likes

Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ubenedictus:

maria divine mercy is not an approved apparation, the bishop of the diocese is distancin himself from the so-called "apparation".

Pls don't rank maria divine mercy along with fatima, la salette, akita...

I did not say Maria Divine Mercy was approved. I said it's one among many recent apparitions saying same thing. Even some of them have bishops as their spiritual directors.

Do you expect any apparition to be approved now? When last did the church approve any apparition?
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Ubenedictus(m): 8:19pm On Oct 16, 2014
elampiro:

Our Lady at La Salette said on September 19, 1846, "Rome would lose the Faith and become the seat of the Antichrist . . .  The Church will be in eclipse."

Our Lord asks that when he comes back will he find any Faith at all? (Luke 18:cool

Pope Felix III said: "Not to oppose error, is to approve it, and not to defend truth is to suppress it, and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them."[1]

Pope Leo I said: "He that sees another in error, and endeavors not to correct it. testifies himself to he in error."[2]

Pope St. Pius V said: "All the evils of the world are due to lukewarm Catholics."[3]

Pope St. Pius X said: "All the strength of Satan's reign is due to the easygoing weakness of Catholics."[4]

St. Augustine said: "Medicinal rebuke must be applied to all who sin, lest they should either themselves perish, or be the ruin of others . . .  Let no one, therefore, say that a man must not be rebuked when he deviates from the right way, or that his return and perseverance must only be asked from the Lord for him."[5]

St. Catherine of Siena said: "We've had enough of exhortations to be silent!  Cry out with a hundred thousand tongues.  I see that the world is rotten because of silence."[6]
http://www.the-pope.com/dimond.html

do you know what the saints say about those who encourage a schism?

1 Like

Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 8:21pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ubenedictus:

actually dear, that is a gray portion of canon law, the suff that excommunicates a cleric is "heresy", not refusal to do work. He pope hasn't taught heresy,...those canons cannot be applied.

You seem to be readin half baked people on blogs.

There are many reasons a Pope becomes automatically excommunicated. Anyway let's leave this.

What is important is that one can have the believe a certain Pope is a bad Pope or even a False Prophet. Nothing wrong with that.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 8:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ubenedictus:

do you know what the saints say about those who encourage a schism?

And who is the person encouraging a Schism?
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Ubenedictus(m): 8:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
EvilBrain1:

Clearly you didn't follow the link I provided. And yes, killing the unborn is a reproductive right. Particularly when the unborn is living in your own body and endangering your life and well-being.

The problem with you people is that you don't seem to care about the unforseen consequences of your actions. The fact that your church's teachings are actually increasing the number of abortions as well as the human suffering associated with them is completely lost on you. You and your priests are living in an idealized alternate universe that only exists in your heads, meanwhile real people are suffering and dying because of you.

Also don't try to use that separate but equal nonsense to justifybthe church's sideliningbof women. The fact is that they have no role in leadership or decision making and it shows in the senseless doctrines you people promote. There is no excuse for this.

What did you think about the video BTW? The guy is a devoted catholic like you, and if you manage to look past the fake hair on his head you'll see he makes some very interesting points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myGzvGCgnsc?t=46s

*Edited to address the issue of the lack of women in the church leadership.

hehehehe,

so funny,

so the church teaching against abortion, causes abortion. You know how ironic that sounds?

I actually refuse to debate with someone who sees nothing wrong with abortion on requests for non-medical reasons. If your parent excercised their reproductive right they would have spared me the trouble of this arguement.

You believe the principle of politics in the civil world are relevant in the church, they aren't.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Ubenedictus(m): 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2014
elampiro:

And who is the person encouraging a Schism?
you are.

Canon law is very clear on this, the person who obstinately refuses to believe that the guy who wears white in the vatican city is the pope is a schimatic and incurs latae sentatae excommunication.

So before you post the next post, ask yourself what you believe and what canon law say. You are either a schimatic or very close to been one. You should see your parish priest and abstain from the eucharist.

1 Like

Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 8:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ubenedictus:
you are.

Canon law is very clear on this, the person who obstinately refuses to believe that the guy who wears white in the vatican city is the pope is a schimatic and incurs latae sentatae excommunication.

So before you post the next post, ask yourself what you believe and what canon law say. You are either a schimatic or very close to been one. You should see your parish priest and abstain from the eucharist.

You are a joke here.

The Francis and Kasper are the ones promoting schism. I guess you have not being listening to them.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 9:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ubenedictus, what do you have to say about Pope Francis asking a divorced woman to be receiving communion against the law of the church?

False mercy in granting Communion (without valid annulment) to Catholic couples who are divorced and civilly remarried, even though they are in the state of adultery

Bible Verse: “Whoever divorces his wife (unless the marriage is unlawful) and marries another commits adultery.” Matthew 19:9
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by EvilBrain1(m): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
Ubenedictus:

hehehehe,

so funny,

so the church teaching against abortion, causes abortion. You know how ironic that sounds?

In virtually all countries where abortion is legal, healthcare providers are legally required to provide comprehensive sex education before and after the procedure, and to offer contraceptives that the women can start before they go home. Preventing unwanted pregnancies is the best way to lower abortion rates. In countries where it is illegal, the illegal backyard abortionists who provide the service don't bother with sex education because they want the repeat business. That's why countries like Chile who follow the Vatican's nonsense teachings have far higher abortion rates than the UK, Holland and Canada where it is legal with few restrictions. And BTW, the only reason abortion is so dangerous is because it is illegal. Not a single woman has died from abortion related causes in the UK and Wales in the last 4 years at least (that's as far back as I checked). Every woman who dies this way is blood on the hands of people like you who refuse to deal with facts.

I actually refuse to debate with someone who sees nothing wrong with abortion on requests for non-medical reasons. If your parent excercised their reproductive right they would have spared me the trouble of this arguement.

Very classy! /s If my mother had decided not to risk her life and health by allowing me the use of her womb, that would have been her right as a human being. In the words of Mark Twain, I was dead before I was born and didn't suffer the slightest inconvenience from it.

You believe the principle of politics in the civil world are relevant in the church, they aren't.

I believe that the catholic church is living in a fantasy world and have completely lost touch with objective reality. Sensible societies who want to minimise abortions are already doing so successfully. But you people insist on keeping young people ignorant by opposing comprehensive sex education; then opposing contraceptives and slüt-shaming those who ask for them; then forcing those who get pregnant to either patronise unsafe backyard abortionists, or have unwanted, unloved babies that they can't take care of.

And you call yourselves sane.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
EvilBrain1:

In virtually all countries where abortion is legal, healthcare providers are legally required to provide comprehensive sex education before and after the procedure, and to offer contraceptives that the women can start before they go home. Preventing unwanted pregnancies is the best way to lower abortion rates. In countries where it is illegal, the illegal backyard abortionists who provide the service don't bother with sex education because they want the repeat business. That's why countries like Chile who follow the Vatican's nonsense teachings have far higher abortion rates than the UK, Holland and Canada where it is legal with few restrictions. And BTW, the only reason abortion is so dangerous is because it is illegal. Not a single woman has died from abortion related causes in the UK and Wales in the last 4 years at least (that's as far back as I checked). Every woman who dies this way is blood on the hands of people like you who refuse to deal with facts.

Very classy! /s If my mother had decided not to risk her life and health by allowing me the use of her womb, that would have been her right as a human being. In the words of Mark Twain, I was dead before I was born and didn't suffer the slightest inconvenience from it.

I believe that the catholic church is living in a fantasy world and have completely lost touch with objective reality. Sensible societies who want to minimise abortions are already doing so successfully. But you people insist on keeping young people ignorant by opposing comprehensive sex education; then opposing contraceptives and slüt-shaming those who ask for them; then forcing those who get pregnant to either patronise unsafe backyard abortionists, or have unwanted, unloved babies that they can't take care of.

And you call yourselves sane.

Bravo. Following.

Edit: your dp is creepy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) / Adeboye: Christians Don’t Need Guns For Self-Defence / 3 Things To Do After A Spiritual Spouse Deliverance That A Pstor Won't Tell You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.