Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads (19694 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: APC Senators Frustrate Move To Summon Buhari / EFCC Quizzes Abba Moro, Ex-interior Minister, Over NIS Recruitment Saga / Oby Ezekwesili Lectures Jonathan's Minister Over Alleged $30billion ECA Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by BOAR: 6:32am On Oct 14, 2014
maestroferddi:
You are not making sense, I am sorry.

If you think so, ok.

1 Like

Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 6:33am On Oct 14, 2014
Federal roads are death trap in s,east

2 Likes

Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by OAUTemitayo: 6:34am On Oct 14, 2014
maestroferddi:
You are not making sense, I am sorry.
Your brain cannot comprehend the truth

5 Likes

Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by maestroferddi: 6:35am On Oct 14, 2014
OAUTemitayo:
you are wasting your time
Pshaw, honouring your blabbings with rejoinders...
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by maestroferddi: 6:37am On Oct 14, 2014
OAUTemitayo:

Your brain cannot comprehend the truth
I chide children first, but if they persist in monkeying around, then I do spank them.
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by OAUTemitayo: 6:38am On Oct 14, 2014
maestroferddi:
I chide children first, but if they persist in monkeying around, then I do spank them.
ignoramus el pdplapdog

2 Likes

Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by maestroferddi: 6:41am On Oct 14, 2014
mkpakanaodogwu:
Federal roads are death trap in s,east
Accepted. We should be united in asking that they get fixed.

No point in taking our eyes off the ball to join cantankerous elements hell-bent on sowing seeds of disaffection.
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by LordNicvuitton(m): 6:41am On Oct 14, 2014
The Demon possessed pot belly maggot infested stupid T.A. Orji is the bane of good luck's administration.. a beast that governs that poor lil state Abia, long forgotten by the gods..

1 Like

Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by maestroferddi: 6:45am On Oct 14, 2014
BOAR:

In your mind, only oil brings revenue to government? Hmmmmmmmmm!
The South-East states match any of the referenced states in any other revenue stream.

Bring the figures and let's compare.
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by podosci(m): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2014
mfm04622:

If he is a member of PDP, they can summon him.
Summon him how?...okay, can PDP also dismiss him?
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by olatade(m): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2014
wink

Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by free2ryhme: 6:59am On Oct 14, 2014
Ayekotoo:
Piqued by the deplorable state of federal roads in the South East geopolitical zone, the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, said it would summon the Minister of Works, Chief Mike Onolememe to “revisit all federal roads in the zone.”
The national Publicity Secretary of PDP and the
leader of the party’s Publicity and Evaluation
Committee, Chief Olisa Metu, dropped the hint
while fielding questions from journalists
yesterday in Umuahia, Abia State, after the
committee’s facility tour of some project sites
in the state.
Metu expressed dismay over the poor condition
of federal roads in Aba in particular as well as
other parts of the South East, and assured that
the party would mandate the Works’ Minister to
undertake a tour of all federal roads in the
zone for first hand information on their
condition with a view to fixing them.
He noted that although some of the federal
roads in the state were being rehabilitated,
much needed to be done to make them
passable and give the people more sense of
belonging.
Metu restated the commitment of the Goodluck
Jonathan-led administration to improve on the
welfare of the people of the zone and assured
that very soon the woes of commuters and
motorists in the zone would be a thing of the
past.
He also applauded the efforts of Governor
Theodore Orji who he said had raised he bar of
governance through identifiable legacy projects
which have direct bearing on the people.

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-to-summon-minister-over-poor-state-of-federal-roads/

And he was going about clamouring to build toll gates when we have roads in this country plague by erosion in the eaSt
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by maestroferddi: 6:59am On Oct 14, 2014
BOAR:

After 15 years in power, I'm not ready to give PDP the benefit of doubt, I will rather give the opposition such benefit.

I perfectly understand that all politicians are virtually the same, and that is the same reason I want to give the opposition the benefit of doubt in the next four years to achieve mainly two things:

Sprout competition, which brings enhanced performance, the PDP is too comfortable and therefore taking Nigerians for granted.

Secondly, bring about real democracy whereby a party knows that lack of performance will always earn it a red card from the people.

These are germane issues that PDP doesn't want Nigerians to understand.
I am not sure if anybody is co-ercing you to vote against your conscience.

Your opinion is yours and in all probability you are entitled to it.

Whether the majority of Nigerians hold the same opinion is a different matter entirely.

The disparate forces will coalesce next year to determine who gets the bragging rights.

In the mean time, hold your peace.
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by Bismarck10(m): 7:02am On Oct 14, 2014
I think they say all Nigerian roads are in super shapes now.
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by Evergreat2014(m): 7:03am On Oct 14, 2014
podosci:

what nonsesnse talk, how can PDP summon a minister,,,,,i though it was only the national assembly and President that have that power......was it PDP that appointed him?

Exactly my thoughts. I love my Country.
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by Explicit01: 7:04am On Oct 14, 2014
I don't understand, wetin be PDP own for the matter?
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by OAUTemitayo: 7:14am On Oct 14, 2014
Explicit01:
I don't understand, wetin be PDP own for the matter?
PDP led FG failed in maintaining the roads. PDP questions minister.
Who is deceiving who?
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 14, 2014
Olisa metuh now summoning ministers?story for the gods....when did he become the federal Government project assessor?
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:41am On Oct 14, 2014
maestroferddi:
Accepted. We should be united in asking that they get fixed.

No point in taking our eyes off the ball to join cantankerous elements hell-bent on sowing seeds of disaffection.
true and we shnuldnt stop demanding what is right
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by Iolo(m): 7:43am On Oct 14, 2014
podosci:

what nonsesnse talk, how can PDP summon a minister,,,,,i though it was only the national assembly and President that have that power......was it PDP that appointed him?

I also wonder.
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by Mclick(m): 7:56am On Oct 14, 2014
So the minister doesn't know, abi him no get ear and eyes. Which federal road is good self, how I wish electorate remember these things when voting
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by iiiyyyk(m): 7:59am On Oct 14, 2014
Federal Roads in south east are simply hell on earth.
shame to southeast politicians and people,
sheepishly following gej for personal gains.

80% of federal roads in south east are complete death traps. i used owerri- PH road on fri. its unbelievable that a road good be this bad in this 21st century.

4 Likes

Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by Tymax(m): 8:01am On Oct 14, 2014
Obviously, he is a member of PDP. That's the only reason they would dare to summon the minister. We no longer have technocrats among the ministers. All of them are politicians.

How can you have progress in amid vested interests?
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by Haywirezzz: 8:13am On Oct 14, 2014
maestroferddi:
You should give the government the benefit of doubt. Metuh has brought the issue to the front burner. Let us wait for them to do the needful before reacting.

No point in jumping the gun.

All Nigerian politicians are cut in the same cloth. So don't allow anybody to pull wool over your eyes.
Brought issues to the front burner four months to elections. You ar actually the one trying to pull wool over pple eyes but your reasoning is so warped. I wonder what these non performing and corrupt politicians give to pple that make pple like u to throw away their sense of reason and shame d way u are doing on this thread. Suddenly,roads that weren't fixed in four years will now be fixed within three to four months. Let us wait for d government's magic like u said. Thank God they didn't put d blame on the opposition like they ve been doing.

4 Likes

Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by iiiyyyk(m): 8:14am On Oct 14, 2014
maestroferddi:

Whether the majority of Nigerians hold the same opinion is a different matter entirely.

The disparate forces will coalesce next year to determine who gets the bragging rights.

you seem deeply troubled by his opinion.
we know ph D p will rig the eletion.. if not...

for Democracy to grow and affact the life of the people positvely, power must be alternated from one party to the other.

4 Likes

Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by Haywirezzz: 8:26am On Oct 14, 2014
BOAR:

After 15 years in power, I'm not ready to give PDP the benefit of doubt, I will rather give the opposition such benefit.

I perfectly understand that all politicians are virtually the same, and that is the same reason I want to give the opposition the benefit of doubt in the next four years to achieve mainly two things:

Sprout competition, which brings enhanced performance, the PDP is too comfortable and therefore taking Nigerians for granted.

Secondly, bring about real democracy whereby a party knows that lack of performance will always earn it a red card from the people.

These are germane issues that PDP doesn't want Nigerians to understand.
Thank u for this thought provoking and insightful post. I agree in toto with u.

2 Likes

Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:49am On Oct 14, 2014
podosci:

It doesn't matter.
All of dem are leavin on may 29th, 2015 cool

1 Like

Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by maestroferddi: 8:51am On Oct 14, 2014
Haywirezzz:
Brought issues to the front burner four months to elections. You ar actually the one trying to pull wool over pple eyes but your reasoning is so warped. I wonder what these non performing and corrupt politicians give to pple that make pple like u to throw away their sense of reason and shame d way u are doing on this thread. Suddenly,roads that weren't fixed in four years will now be fixed within three to four months. Let us wait for d government's magic like u said. Thank God they didn't put d blame on the opposition like they ve been doing.
Nobody is trying to justify underachievement. I am only asking for a constructive argument and critical thinking.

Has Jonathan met his electioneering promises? The answer is No.

Are we still where we were four years ago? The answer is a clear No.

What do we do? We demand for more performance. If Jonathan says he has performed in a particular sector, we don't turn rationality on its head and refute an obvious truth to score cheap political points. Rather we remind him that the reward of hardwork is more work.

We must be realistic in our assessment of Jonathan's stewardship. We don't shift the goalposts because a man that is outside our tribal enclaves happens to be on the hot seat. We deploy objectivity because we are not self-serving desperados angling for change for its own sake.

A SWOT on Jonathan's administration cannot be reasonable without highlighting threats thrown up by an insurgency which, for all intents and purposes, was engineered to undermine the government.

Let the sundry vociferous voices unite in ensuring that Boko Haram is defeated so that the government would stand on a better stead to deliver greater dividends of democracy.

Forget the cacophony of noises, no-one can't fix Nigeria within a single four-year term.
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by Lordlexyy: 8:57am On Oct 14, 2014
maestroferddi:

Even after the guy you quoted made you see reasons why pdp is unfit and cancerious you are still here ranting. It shows you are not ready to learn. Why not drop tribal politics and give the other party a chance? I know is a question of decision, but decision and chioces should be base on sound wisdom and not sentiment.

2 Likes

Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:00am On Oct 14, 2014
cramjones:
This country never seizes to amaze me! Has Nigerian federal roads ever been good under the PDP? This country deserves one politician one bullet. These guys have converted the nations wealth to their private bank account. President Jonathan, please I beg you, it is time to leave, you have really destroyed Nigeria. Nigeria has become a shadow of itself.

Meanwhile, with the incessant corruption, Femi Fani-Kayode can now afford a bottle of Moet after cashing in from PDP in his now infamous defection. I guess he wants nairalanders to have a taste of it.

Screw Onolememe or whatever his stinking name is!

-CramJones
Baba agbalagba 1
Ayeni ototirokoko!
U nah geh duplicate.
Bros, dah small kesh thing wey I beg u 4 dah time nko?
Afa? cool
Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by JEITO: 9:05am On Oct 14, 2014
Roads have always been the problem in the south east for several reasons including soil type, high rainfall and shabby works done by contractors. Goto Nnewi; with the amount of millionaires packed together, the roads still dey like where they dig foundation for new building undecided

Nobody dey bother wash motor for rainy season for East sef.

1 Like

Re: PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads by Hamazz1: 9:16am On Oct 14, 2014
they shld also summorn the minister of petroleum and finance for our missing 20b and also minister of defence 4 the current state of insecurity in the north..unfct sumorn the fec.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lafiya Dole: Soldiers Clear Boko Haram Terrorists In Ladin Buta Jere (Photos) / Where Is The Lagos Cable Car, 6 Years After? / Pay Omo-agege His Entitlements Or Appear In Court, Judge Warns Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.