Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. (23106 Views)

His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / Buying And Selling Of Human Beings- Is This Supposed To Be Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by swaggzo(m): 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2014
See them.. Fighting for the justice of the girl child. Yelling all
sort of crap on TV about gender inequality and other trash
talks that i can't take anymore.

I wasn't there when you bore your daughters.
I wasn't the one who made them do all the kitchen work while your sons were busy laying around the house like sick dogs.
I wasn't the one who constantly reminded them that someday they gonna be a secondary subject to their husbands.
I wasn't the one who always made them feel that they don't
need to study hard. Infact they don't even need to study at all cuz no matter how much they read a man's gonna come pick them up someday, and all that will be a waste of time, money, and knowledge.
When they clocked 30 years of age, I wasn't there to tell them ugly stuff like "As old as you are, you're not yet married",
"what are you waiting for?, do you want to marry your own
father?".
Even when they got married and there was no child in the
house after sometime, you started to feel she was barren.
Forgetting the fact that the man also has a role to play in that aspect.
She took her marital issues online, hoping to find some help
there since she felt its rather disgraceful to discuss with
anyone physically, your only comment on her post was shiit
like "you're a disgrace to womanhood". Making her shy away from sexuality, hiding her sexual life from the whole world
including herself cuz she feels its not right for a woman to even have sex in the first place, not to talk of talking or even thinking about it.
You made the life of your daughters so poor, that all they had
to think about is marriage and submission to a secondary god (their husbands) from as early as age 16 or 17. That they cannot stand alone cuz they're too weak and always need men to represent them. Protect them. Talk for them and even decide for them.
Implying that the male gender is superior and supreme. And
suddenly now you want all these things to change? By what
means, magic?

So you see, from the start of their lives this is what you have
been teaching them. Making them from a very early stage,
realize they ought to be a man's tool. Telling them that they have nothing much to offer in the future apart from being a
man's life companion and bedmate, to bear and carry his
children and to take care of the family.

......now that's feminism!

Start the Gender equality from there where you're standing, cuz every little thing you impact on these little souls (children) in our society counts.

I rest this case for now.

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by naturally: 8:42pm On Oct 13, 2014
A typical naijarian won't believe In Gender equality
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 13, 2014
OP, thanks.

I am sure, I will not teach my daughters this nonsense. And I am sure the man by my side will not either.
I feel for the girls whose parents do and will.

4 Likes

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Tallesty1(m): 8:53pm On Oct 13, 2014
Good
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by swaggzo(m): 8:56pm On Oct 13, 2014
That's just it mate.
This whole ish starts from the very first hour a female child is born into this world. And everyone one of use in the society contributes to it gradually until these little ones mature.
I'm the only son out of 3 children. As the last also, I had the right to hit my elder sisters whenever I like.. just cuz I'm "the man". The trash didn't stop until I reached around 6.

As children then, my elder ones thought it was the right thing cuz... The grown people we first knew made it feel right.

All this is just to say.. gender inequality starts from the grass root of a child's life. If you take away fear from her view and train her like she's some kynda Venus god or Athena, she's gon grow up having a self will stronger than that of a man even.

7 Likes

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by swaggzo(m): 8:58pm On Oct 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:
OP, thanks.

I am sure, I will not teach my daughters this nonsense. And I am sure the man by my side will not either.
I feel for the girls whose parents do and will.

I love courageous people, most especially when they're females.
But How can there be any courageous females when all we do is prevent them from seeing the light?

Thanks. I'm glad you like my post.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by mumubynature(m): 9:09pm On Oct 13, 2014
What did God himself said about man and woman.Check urr bible or Quran... Lest u are an athiest.With religion forget gender equality abii na'equalizer 2000'
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 13, 2014
swaggzo:

I love courageous people, most especially when they're females.
But How can there be any courageous females when all we do is prevent them from seeing the light?

Thanks. I'm glad you like my post.

Like?

I love it.

Have you written it?
This is beautiful.

I couldn't have said it better.
Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart.

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by golddeejay(m): 9:38pm On Oct 13, 2014
dis again!!! D feminists will b fightin for gender equality till d end of tym. It has bn like dat frm the beginnin...adam first, then eve made frm him, most responsibilities was on adam. Gender inequalities is embedded in our religion, cultures, mentalities...fight n preach all u want, men always have a headstart over women. It doesnt mean some women cant rise above d obstacles to reach d peak but it is an individual fight n determination, most women r too weak to try. If u r a woman, then stop all these equality talk n walk the walk. The gender inequality will always b der

3 Likes

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 13, 2014
swaggzo:

I wasn't the one who made them do all the kitchen work while your sons were busy laying around the house like sick dogs.
I wasn't the one who constantly reminded them that someday they gonna be a secondary subject to their husbands.
need to study hard. Infact they don't even need to study at all cuz no matter how much they read a man's gonna come pick them up someday, and all that will be a waste of time, money, and knowledge.
When they clocked 30 years of age, I wasn't there to tell them ugly stuff like "As old as you are, you're not yet married",
father?".
like "you're a disgrace to womanhood". Making her shy away from sexuality, hiding her sexual life from the whole world
including herself cuz she feels its not right for a woman to even have sex in the first place, not to talk of talking or even thinking about it.
to think about is marriage and submission to a secondary god (their husbands) from as early as age 16 or 17. That they cannot stand alone cuz they're too weak and always need men to represent them. Protect them. Talk for them and even decide for them.
means, magic?

realize they ought to be a man's tool. Telling them that they have nothing much to offer in the future apart from being a

Start the Gender equality from there where you're standing, cuz every little thing you impact on these little souls (children) in our society counts.

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 13, 2014
^^ I needed to quote it to save it. wink
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by bukatyne(f): 9:42pm On Oct 13, 2014
@OP:

Very nice thread

That's why I don't take some people serious. Every little thing we do has the multiplier effect.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by swaggzo(m): 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2014
mumubynature:
What did God himself said about man and woman.Check urr bible or Quran... Lest u are an athiest.With religion forget gender equality abii na'equalizer 2000'

Don't you think it's rather not wise to involve God or religion in such societal issues? I'm not an atheist. I'm not a woman. I'm a man but I swear I know how that life feels cuz my whole life have been revolving mostly around them.

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by swaggzo(m): 9:47pm On Oct 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Like?

I love it.

Have you written it?
This is beautiful.

I couldn't have said it better.
Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart.

To me, this is funny. But I'm totally grateful and glad someone likes my post this much.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by swaggzo(m): 9:47pm On Oct 13, 2014
bukatyne:
@OP:

Very nice thread

That's why I don't take some people serious. Every little thing we do has the multiplier effect.

exactly.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2014
swaggzo:

To me, this is funny. But I'm totally grateful and glad someone likes my post this much.

Funny?

We are not surfing the same wave when it comes to humor.

Yet, we are both having fun.

cheesy

Anyway.
I have saved it.

Waiting patiently for my e-enemies to attack a man. grin

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2014
Where is my darling wife, cococandy? angry
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Haywhymido(m): 8:50am On Oct 14, 2014
mumubynature:
u said it all jare.
swaggzo:

Don't you think it's rather not wise to involve God or religion in such societal issues? I'm not an atheist. I'm not a woman. I'm a man but I swear I know how that life feels cuz my whole life have been revolving mostly around them.
if it is unwise to involve God in a societal issue den why involve him in ur life?? Isn't it people like u n i dat make up a society?? Dat shows d lvl u put ur own god/God.Am in indifferent to gender equality.I will bring up my girls not to be a napkin 4 any man n also teach her to respect n nt to worship men. Av u ever ask urself dese two question?
1 why did God create adam 1st n not eve
2 why did God use one rib to create eve(woman) out of d many ribs adam have/had.
3 why didn't God create eve on her own just like he created adam?? Doesnt dat tell u somethings??

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by cococandy(f): 10:08am On Oct 14, 2014
Honey I'm here.

Tryung to make your favorite lunch. It's taking all day. I dey come. kiss
alutacontinua:
Where is my darling wife, cococandy? angry
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by cococandy(f): 10:12am On Oct 14, 2014
OP you're right.

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 14, 2014
Haywhymido:
u said it all jare. if it is unwise to involve God in a societal issue den why involve him in ur life?? Isn't it people like u n i dat make up a society?? Dat shows d lvl u put ur own god/God.Am in indifferent to gender equality.I will bring up my girls not to be a napkin 4 any man n also teach her to respect n nt to worship men. Av u ever ask urself dese two question?
1 why did God create adam 1st n not eve
2 why did God use one rib to create eve(woman) out of d many ribs adam have/had.
3 why didn't God create eve on her own just like he created adam?? Doesnt dat tell u somethings??

So God creating animals before adam also means something too? That means animals are higher than humans simply because they were created before humans?

17 Likes

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by bukatyne(f): 10:29am On Oct 14, 2014
Sophyrocks:

So God creating animals before adam also means something too? That means animals are higher than humans simply because they were created before humans?

You don kill the guy o!

7 Likes

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by babygirlfl: 10:45am On Oct 14, 2014
swaggzo:

father?".
means, magic?

Ohh my God. I love this post. Thank you very much for saying the truth.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 14, 2014
bukatyne:

You don kill the guy o!

grin grin grin

But its true na. He is deliberating on who was created before the other. so if we are to go by that theory, animals are highr than humans na. lol.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by FADEO: 11:31am On Oct 14, 2014
Gender equality or gender inequality is going to ginger strife for mastery. In as much am not in support of seeing a woman or the female folks as a subordinate being in the homo sapien and also as secondary being in the general public. I still strongly believe that when it comes to the family level. there is nothing to debate about, there is no gender equality in the family. The man is head while the woman is a HELP MATE not HOUSE HELP. It simply implies that the head is not useful without the body but the head bears a larger part of the sensory organs: the eyes, nose, tongue, ear including feeling that is jointly and largely shared by the remaining parts of the body.

I wont teach my daughters to be dependent and feel inferior to any man but i will teach them to respect and submit to their HUSBAND as instructed by the HOLY BIBLE as two things have always worked from ages past which are HUSBAND, LOVE YOUR WIFE and WIFE SUBMIT TO YOUR OWN HUSBAND.

We can shout gender equality from age to age but the truth is that our gender are not equal but that does not in any way diminish the quality and attribute of a woman as we are MATE and but one is HEAD and the other is HELP...

5 Likes

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by tmosco(m): 11:40am On Oct 14, 2014
Sophyrocks:

He didn't create man from animal.well aside from dat most women are at fault u will hear a phrase like I want him to take charge and protect me. They are actually d one dat gave us d power in d first place.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 14, 2014
tmosco:

He didn't create man from animal.well aside from dat most women are at fault u will hear a phrase like I want him to take charge and protect me. They are actually d one dat gave us d power in d first place.

Yes he didnt create man from animal. but the guy i quoted focused on who was created first before the other. Therefore, he believes whoever was created first is higher than the other. that means animals are higher than humans.

When God created Eve from Adam by using a rib, what does that tell you? what did adam say when he saw eve? Read that portion so that you can know how men are meant to view women.

3 Likes

Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Haywhymido(m): 11:57am On Oct 14, 2014
Sophyrocks:

God personally granted n ordered adam to name dose animals n place us above dem but God didn't in eve's case.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
Haywhymido:
God personally granted n ordered adam to name dose animals n place us above dem but God didn't in eve's case.

Good. So what were you implying by focusing on who was created first before the other? what were you trying to say?
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Haywhymido(m): 12:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Yes he didnt create man from animal. but the guy i quoted focused on who was created first before the other. Therefore, he believes whoever was created first is higher than the other. that means animals are higher than humans.

When God created Eve from Adam by using a rib, what does that tell you? what did adam say when he saw eve? Read that portion so that you can know how men are meant to view women.
i never said women r nt our helpin mate or dey r to be look down upon maybe u shd read ova again. Don't be in a haste to make comment.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2014
Haywhymido:
i never said women r nt our helpin mate or dey r to be look down upon maybe u shd read ova again. Don't be in a haste to make comment.

You have not answered my question. Read my comment again.
Re: Gender Inequality: Why Things Won't Be Normal. by Haywhymido(m): 12:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Good. So what were you implying by focusing on who was created first before the other?what were you trying to say?
what am tryin to say is dat as far as human world is concerned God use eve to make perfection to adam's life.If God want gender equality he cld av make eve on her own jst like adam, or take half of adam's ribs to make her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Couples Not Staying Together / Lady Calls Out Sister's Husband Who Married Another Lady After Visiting Ghana / Re: About My Elder Brother Who Does Not Care About Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.