Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Ghana's Laughable Offer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana's Laughable Offer (8687 Views)

Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? / Laughable Quotes By Highly Placed Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana's Laughable Offer by Explicit01: 6:28pm On Oct 14, 2014
THE President of Ghana, John Dramani Mahama, recently revealed that his country has plans to begin exporting electricity to Nigeria and other West African countries. Speaking at the Global Business and Economic Forum in Dubai on October 1, 2014, he said: “We have given priority to electricity generation in our country. We have prioritised energy in such a way that we want to become the hub for power production in West Africa. We want to generate electricity to the point that excess power can be exported to Nigeria, Ivory Coast and other countries that have power deficit.”
This position coming from the President of a country should ordinarily attract commendation as it purports to present the country’s leadership as one that is thinking and forward-looking and which strives to explore all opportunities for the development of the society. Upon further reflection, however, it is difficult to see where this kind of statement is coming from and the logic on which it rests.
As President Mahama stated, the issue of export comes only within a context of excess, such that Ghana would only be in a position to export electricity when it has satisfied its internal demand. Yet, latest World Bank record indicates that over 30 per cent of Ghanaians currently lack access to electricity. This means that the Ghanaian government is yet to provide electricity for all its citizens even while it is planning to export electricity to other countries. And we cannot but wonder what kind of leadership would prefer to satisfy citizens of other countries at the expense of its own people!
Furthermore, Ghana currently generates only 2,125 MW of electricity for its over 26 million population. When it is realised that South Africa generates over 45,000 MW for its 52 million population and still requires another 50, 000 MW by 2025 for the effective running of its economy, it should be clear that Ghana has not even started generating anything near enough electricity for its population.
Ghana obviously is yet to modernise the running of its economy such that it would run essentially on electricity. It has a rural and yet undeveloped economy that requires massive injection of electricity to assist in its industrialisation. And rather than the President Mahama leadership working at this, it would prefer to export electricity while Ghana and its economy remain at the current undeveloped level. This makes the offer to export electricity to Nigeria and other West African countries by Ghana not only laughable but tragic, as it reflects the warped sense of development that African leaders have. Perhaps the leadership in Ghana would have more to gain in exporting electricity to other countries since this would bring immediate revenue.
However, it is a reflection of how badly Nigeria has descended into the pit of underdevelopment such that countries that have not attended to their own problems would be offering to help it solve its problems. Ghana would not be offering export of electricity to Nigeria if better placed in terms of electricity access than Nigeria. In spite of the resources available in Nigeria, it is regrettable that more than 60 per cent of Nigerians lack access to electricity and the country is yet to sustain a generation capacity of 5,000 MW of electricity. President Mahama was talking about exporting electricity to countries with deficit and which country has the highest deficit outside of Nigeria?

With successive Nigerian leadership unable to deliver worthwhile electricity to the population, it should not be a surprise for the country to become the butt of electricity jokes and candidate for irresponsible treatment by everybody. This is an evidence of how badly Nigeria has been run by its leaders and it should be to the shame of successive Nigerian leadership that it would be reduced to the level of being mentioned in such laughable offer by Ghana. www.tribune.com.ng/quicklinkss/editorial/item/18539-ghana-s-laughable-offer

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by eunisam: 6:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
i don't care.Nigeria will arise.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 14, 2014
really laughable!! they wanna become giant of Africa by force, mtchew.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by mekaboy(m): 6:37pm On Oct 14, 2014
.?
Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by phransix147(m): 8:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
We talking of providing 160million people and not 10million as they have over there...

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by Canme4u(m): 8:29pm On Oct 14, 2014
hmmmm, O ma se ooo. If not for our useless leaders Ghana wey we first dash lights for so many years come dey joke unto Naija matter.

Shai Buhari 2015...

#TeamKickOutCluelessness2015

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
Chai, Nigeria don suffer!!!

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by ofala(m): 8:35pm On Oct 14, 2014
Comedy 101:

If the 10 Regions of Ghana(equivalent of our 36 States), are still the ones I had gone to, there is absolutely no reason for Ghana to be throwing jabs at Nigeria but for irresponsible Political leadership (past/present) of our dear Country, Nigeria
Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by overhypedsteve(m): 8:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
EroticAngelina:
really laughable!! they wanna become giant of Africa by force, mtchew.
no matter how influential a dwarf becomes you can never call her a giant, Nigeria is the only giant that can ever exist in the history of precolonial of Africa.
JiggamanGh:

You have been warned, next time you decide rubbish my country remember I have lots of articles about yours.
that's the difference between you and i dude. As a ghanian you are jobless enough to go around the internet looking for articles to show that Nigeria is failing while i am out there in the heat of reality building for myself the kind of nation i ll like myself and my offspring to live in. We re really different in every aspect i live in a country that you think about all the time regretting you re not a part of it and then you channel that regret into wishing something bad happens to the country and its people according to according to SIGMUND FREUD the Austrian psychologist in his work on Defense mechanisms the defense mechanism that can be applied in your situation is RATIONALIZATION, this is when an individual reduces the value or worth of the object of his frustration in an attempt to keep his ego, dignity or self worth, the individual tend to devalue or regard as useless the object of his frustration. It is the same thing with guys that call the girls that dump them ugly,too fat or too thin

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by CrudeGH: 8:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
Canme4u:
hmmmm, O ma se ooo. If not for our useless leaders Ghana wey we first dash lights for so many years come dey joke unto Naija matter.

Shai Buhari 2015...

#TeamKickOutCluelessness2015
when did your maggot-infested country "dash" Ghana light? Can you give what you don't have? some of you are plain stvpid! arrant crap

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by CrudeGH: 8:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
baccaspace:
Chai, Nigeria don suffer!!!
nigerians have been suffering since Lord Lugard's time grin you don't have light and someone wants to help and you call that suffering? okay now, continue with your suffering bussinss now! what kind of rubbish is that?

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
CrudeGH:
nigerians have been suffering since Lord Lugard's time grin you don't have light and someone wants to help and you call that suffering? okay now, continue with your suffering bussinss now! what kind of rubbish is that?
You can't expect me as a Nigerian to stoop so low to argue with a deluded ghanian. Ghana is. Like a rogue younger broda to Nigeria. We won't denigrate to your level of folly

6 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by OXYGENO1: 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
baccaspace:
You can't expect me as a Nigerian to stoop so low to argue with a deluded ghanian. Ghana is. Like a rogue younger broda to Nigeria. We won't denigrate to your level of folly
If that's the case then why is it that nigerians are seen as the most foolish n useless people ever to exist.A Ghanaian dog is even wiser than your father. Yet to meet any sensible nigerian thou.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by Explicit01: 9:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
Please don't argue with any ghanaian here, they lack courtesy and proper approach to critical issues. Only few ghanains thinks intellectually without resorting to foul words and insults.

6 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by mickyarams: 9:05pm On Oct 14, 2014
Ghana wants to start forming. By the time they connect their grid to Lagos state alone, they will know whatsup! yeye people.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by OXYGENO1: 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2014
Explicit01:
Please don't argue with any ghanaian here, they lack courtesy and proper approach to critical issues. Only few ghanains thinks intellectually without resorting to foul words and insults.
FOOOOLLLLL.Then why did u open a thread concerning Ghana. Why are nigerians sooooooo foolish? Apart from boko haram and killing each other wat can u nigerians fools do again.Sometimes I wonder whether nigerians are normal humans or not.Look at ur good for nothing useless country,yet u fools will be talking of other countries. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by CrudeGH: 9:19pm On Oct 14, 2014
[s]
Explicit01:
THE President of Ghana, John Dramani Mahama, recently revealed that his country has plans to begin exporting electricity to Nigeria and other West African countries. Speaking at the Global Business and Economic Forum in Dubai on October 1, 2014, he said: “We have given priority to electricity generation in our country. We have prioritised energy in such a way that we want to become the hub for power production in West Africa. We want to generate electricity to the point that excess power can be exported to Nigeria, Ivory Coast and other countries that have power deficit.”
This position coming from the President of a country should ordinarily attract commendation as it purports to present the country’s leadership as one that is thinking and forward-looking and which strives to explore all opportunities for the development of the society. Upon further reflection, however, it is difficult to see where this kind of statement is coming from and the logic on which it rests.
As President Mahama stated, the issue of export comes only within a context of excess, such that Ghana would only be in a position to export electricity when it has satisfied its internal demand. Yet, latest World Bank record indicates that over 30 per cent of Ghanaians currently lack access to electricity. This means that the Ghanaian government is yet to provide electricity for all its citizens even while it is planning to export electricity to other countries. And we cannot but wonder what kind of leadership would prefer to satisfy citizens of other countries at the expense of its own people!
Furthermore, Ghana currently generates only 2,125 MW of electricity for its over 26 million population. When it is realised that South Africa generates over 45,000 MW for its 52 million population and still requires another 50, 000 MW by 2025 for the effective running of its economy, it should be clear that Ghana has not even started generating anything near enough electricity for its population.
Ghana obviously is yet to modernise the running of its economy such that it would run essentially on electricity. It has a rural and yet undeveloped economy that requires massive injection of electricity to assist in its industrialisation. And rather than the President Mahama leadership working at this, it would prefer to export electricity while Ghana and its economy remain at the current undeveloped level. This makes the offer to export electricity to Nigeria and other West African countries by Ghana not only laughable but tragic, as it reflects the warped sense of development that African leaders have. Perhaps the leadership in Ghana would have more to gain in exporting electricity to other countries since this would bring immediate revenue.
However, it is a reflection of how badly Nigeria has descended into the pit of underdevelopment such that countries that have not attended to their own problems would be offering to help it solve its problems. Ghana would not be offering export of electricity to Nigeria if better placed in terms of electricity access than Nigeria. In spite of the resources available in Nigeria, it is regrettable that more than 60 per cent of Nigerians lack access to electricity and the country is yet to sustain a generation capacity of 5,000 MW of electricity. President Mahama was talking about exporting electricity to countries with deficit and which country has the highest deficit outside of Nigeria?

With successive Nigerian leadership unable to deliver worthwhile electricity to the population, it should not be a surprise for the country to become the butt of electricity jokes and candidate for irresponsible treatment by everybody. This is an evidence of how badly Nigeria has been run by its leaders and it should be to the shame of successive Nigerian leadership that it would be reduced to the level of being mentioned in such laughable offer by Ghana. www.tribune.com.ng/quicklinkss/editorial/item/18539-ghana-s-laughable-offer
[/s]

[b]you wrote all this nonsense because Ghana offered to supply electricity to your sh1thole? grin Jeez, has the MUMU inferiority complex reached this level? roforoforoforofo. Look there is nothing outlandish about what President Mahama said. I will explain, MUMUs! West African nations have what is called the West African Power Pool(WAPP). Under the WAPP arrangement, any West African country with excess power can in principle sell to other energy-deficient countries in the sub region.

And what will it take to supply electricity to nigeria? all Ghana needs is huge volumes of natural gas and installed generating capacity and bingo supplying electricity to other nations in West Africa will be accomplished. 70% of Ghanaians already have access to electricity and the govt is aiming to achieving total coverage by 2020. So in principle, Ghana can export its excess power to other west african countries under the WAPP arrangement.

I don't see that the noise about Ghana supplying electricity to nigeria is all about. Perhaps some you are not aware that only few years ago nigeria used to send crude oil to refineries in Ivory Coast to be refined and brought back to nigeria. I didn't hear any of you complain about that arrangement. I guess the noise is because it is Ghana,huh?such inferiority complex is laughable. bleached albinos grin

Ghana plans to have 5,000MW generating capacity by 2016 (Ghana needs about 3,000MW for domestic use and can export the remaining 2,000 MW)and there are major power projects going on all over the country at the moment. An American company called SEG is one of them. The company is planning to build 1000MW plants across Ghana by next year. There are others underway. Again, Ghana is also building gas regasification facilities across the country. What this means is that Ghana will no longer have to rely on natural gas from nigeria through the west africa gas pipeline. It means Ghana can import huge volumes of liquified natural gas from any part of the world to power its power generating facilities.

I am not a great fan of President Mahama but it is obvious he was being realistic when he made that declaration. Yes Ghana can generate thousands of extra megawatts of electricity and sell to countries like nigeria, where 120 million impoverished souls lack access to electricity. grin Most of the new power projects are privately funded and have nothing to do with the Ghanaian govt. Big businesses now know that power produced in Ghana can be exported to countries in the region under the WAPP deal and so there is a huge interest in investing in the power sector in Ghana at the moment. hahahahaha a bunch of ignoramus grin

If I were you, I would be more interested in who can help solve the problem that whipping up needless sentiments. such level of stvpidity in shitnigeria is absolutely laughable! a beggar with a choice. your politicians have been promising to give you people light since Lord Lugard's time. If Ghana can help solve the problem, what is the issue. after all no single country can supply all that it needs. why do countries trade with each other? some of you are very very fuelish, walahi! [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by CrudeGH: 9:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
[s]
baccaspace:
[/s] you are a nigerian? that makes you worse than animal,huh? a citizen of the Federal Republic of Fooool. a zoo where people eat from the dustbin grin a zoo where people are killed for pleasure grin a zoo where 90% apes survive on less than $2 a day grin a zoo where life expectancy is a miserable 52 years grin a zoo where 200 girls have been missing for six months and can't be found grin a zoo where human meats and parts are openly sold in the market places grin why would I waste my time talking to an evil scvmbag worse than an animal? hahahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by Explicit01: 9:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
CrudeGH:
[s][/s]

I don't see that the noise about Ghana supplying electricity to nigeria is all about. Perhaps some you are not aware that only few years ago nigeria used to sebd crude oil to refineries in Ivory Coast to be refined and brought back to nigeria. I didn't hear any of you complain about that arrangement. I guess the noise is because it is Ghana,huh?/ such inferiority complex.

Ghana plans to have 5,000MW generating capacity by 2016 (Ghana needs about 3,000MW for domestic use and can export the remaining 2,000 MW)and there are major power projects going on all over the country at the moment. An American company called SEG is one of them. The company is planning to build 1000MW plants across Ghana by next year. There are others underway. Again, Ghana is also building gas regasification facilities across the country. What this means is that Ghana will no longer have to rely on natural gas from nigeria through the west africa gas pipeline. It means Ghana can import huge volumes of liquified natural gas from any part of the world to power its power generating facilities.

lolzzzz, so you think 5000mw that ghana will generate in 2016 can serve a state in nigeria even in 2006. Ghanaians are funny grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by CrudeGH: 9:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
Explicit01:
lolzzzz, so you think 5000mw that ghana will generate in 2016 can serve a state in nigeria even in 2006. Ghanaians are funny grin grin grin
Look, generating 5000MW by 2016, is a short term target. for the long haul, the target is limitless! with the number of projects going up in Ghana at the moment, don't be surprised Ghana can start generating 10,000MW and beyond in the medium term. The current power projects are being implemented by private sector people who are attracted but the prospect of exporting their power from Ghana. and with large solar plants as well as gas-fired plants coming up, the sky is the limit, really grin

look, with the desperate power crisis in nigeria, 2000MW in the short term will help ease things up a lot in your zoo country. didn't power generation in your country drop to 1,700MW at some point this year?

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by Explicit01: 9:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
Incase our ghanaian friends don't know what they are up against, nigeria needs 170,000-200,000MW to have steady power supply. You now see why its laughable that you want to export out of the 5,000MW you intend generating in 2016 to nigeria. Ghanaians are funny grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by Explicit01: 9:37pm On Oct 14, 2014
CrudeGH:
Look, generating 5000MW by 2016, is a short term target. for the long haul, the target is limitless! with the number of projects going up in Ghana at the moment, don't be surprised Ghana can start generating 10,000MW and beyond in the medium term. The current power projects are being implemented by private sector people who are attracted but the prospect of exporting their power from Ghana. and with large solar plants as well as gas-fired plants coming up, the sky is the limit, really grin

look, with the desperate power crisis in nigeria, 2000MW in the short term will help ease things up a lot in your zoo country. didn't power generation in your country drop to 1,700MW at some point this year?
you don't still get it, your total 5,000MW cannot serve a state in nigeria. Nigeria currently generates 4000MW, that why we have power issues, when ghana is ready to generate 200,000MW then we will take you serious. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by CrudeGH: 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2014
mickyarams:
Ghana wants to start forming. By the time they connect their grid to Lagos state alone, they will know whatsup! yeye people.
fooooooooooooooooooooooool undernourished underreducated unemployable magg0t. you are insulting Ghanaians because they offered to supply electricity to you modafakas? you are a foool, your mama and papa are fooools, your entire generation and sibling are mad people. talking crap after eating from the dustbin.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by yashau(m): 9:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
CrudeGH:
[s][/s]

[b]you wrote all this nonsense because Ghana offered to supply electricity to your sh1thole? grin Jeez, has the MUMU inferiority complex reached this level? roforoforoforofo. Look there is nothing outlandish about what President Mahama said. I will explain, MUMUs! West African nations have what is called the West African Power Pool(WAPP). Under the WAPP arrangement, any West African country with excess power can in principle sell to other energy-deficient countries in the sub region.

And what will it take to supply electricity to nigeria? all Ghana needs is huge volumes of natural gas and installed generating capacity and bingo supplying electricity to other nations in West Africa will be accomplished. 70% of Ghanaians already have access to electricity and the govt is aiming to achieving total coverage by 2020. So in principle, Ghana can export its excess power to other west african countries under the WAPP arrangement.

I don't see that the noise about Ghana supplying electricity to nigeria is all about. Perhaps some you are not aware that only few years ago nigeria used to send crude oil to refineries in Ivory Coast to be refined and brought back to nigeria. I didn't hear any of you complain about that arrangement. I guess the noise is because it is Ghana,huh?such inferiority complex is laughable. bleached albinos grin

I am not a great fan of President Mahama but it is obvious he was being realistic when he made that declaration. Yes Ghana can generate thousands of extra megawatts of electricity and sell to countries like nigeria, where 120 million impoverished souls lack access to electricity. grin Most of the new power projects are privately funded and have nothing to do with the Ghanaian govt. Big businesses now know that power produced in Ghana can be exported to countries in the region under the WAPP deal and so there is a huge interest in investing in the power sector in Ghana at the moment. hahahahaha a bunch of ignoramus grin

If I were you, I would be more interested in who can help solve the problem that whipping up needless sentiments. such level of stvpidity in shitnigeria is absolutely laughable! a beggar with a choice. your politicians have been promising to give you people light since Lord Lugard's time. If Ghana can help solve the problem, what is the issue. after all no single country can supply all that it needs. why do countries trade with each other? some of you are very very fuelish, walahi! [/b]
olori buruku ni eleyi sa aiyelala lo ma je oju e,.olosi

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by CrudeGH: 9:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
Explicit01:
you don't still get it, your total 5,000MW cannot serve a state in nigeria. Nigeria currently generates 4000MW, that why we have power issues, when ghana is ready to generate 200,000MW then we will take you serious. grin
park well ooh. did Ghana say it was going to solve your power problems? Ghana is only offering to sell its excess electricity. And where did Ghana say it will solve your country's power problems? only a fool will refuse help, no matter how small. do you know what 2,000MW can do even in a large country like nigeria? what can of rubbish talk is this? 120 million of your people lack electricity and you are able to produce just 4,000MW and someone is ofering you 2,000MW and you say you don't want it because it will not be enough for your entire national requirement? what kind of absurd reasoning is that? grin grin grin grin na waaaaaaaaaaaaaaao

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by Explicit01: 9:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
I think president mahama didn't carryout his research well, he should be ready to generate 200,000MW if his dream of exporting power to nigeria will come to pass.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by CrudeGH: 9:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
yashau:
olori buruku ni eleyi sa aiyelala lo ma je oju e,.olosi
ole buruku! go chop amala and gbegri,huh? you sound like one of those motor park touts at ibadan. oloshi!

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by Explicit01: 9:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
CrudeGH:
park well ooh. did Ghana say it was going to solve your power problems? Ghana is only offering to sell its excess electricity. And where did Ghana say it will solve your country's power problems? only a fool will refuse help, no matter how small. do you know what 2,000MW can do even in a large country like nigeria? what can of rubbish talk is this? 120 million of your people lack electricity and you are able to produce just 4,000MW and someone is ofering you 2,000MW and you say you don't want it because it will not be enough for your entire national requirement? what kind of absurd reasoning is that? grin grin grin grin na waaaaaaaaaaaaaaao
ok, ghana will probably want to export 1000MW to nigeria. Now what do you think 1000MW will do out of 200,000MW? my friend, ghana isn't capable of exporting power to nigeria. No african country is capable, not even southafrica that generates 52,000MW.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by Explicit01: 9:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
A country generating 2,100MW wants to export electricity to a country that needs 200,000MW, is that not hilarious? grin

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by CrudeGH: 9:50pm On Oct 14, 2014
Explicit01:
I think president mahama didn't carryout his research well, he should be ready to generate 200,000MW if his dream of exporting power to nigeria will come to pass.
I guess you modafakas will continue to live in darkness then grin which country will generate 200,000MW for you apes? it is a shame a country like nigeria can't produce enough electricity for its people. all of you should bow your heads in shame. do you know the amount of gas Papa God deposited in that your country? with that, nigerian should be producing electricity to supply to the whole of West africa. yet what do we see? moaners and idle talk from a bunch of unserious people with no ambition. you can't generate electricity and someone is offering to help and all you do is denigrate that country? that is the highest level of stvoidity in my opinion!

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by Explicit01: 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2014
CrudeGH:
I guess you modafakas will continue to live in darkness then grin which country will generate 200,000MW for you apes? it is a shame a country like nigeria can't produce enough electricity for its people. all of you should bow your heads in shame. do you know the amount of gas Papa God deposited in that your country? with that, nigerian should be producing electricity to supply to the whole of West africa. yet what do we see? moaners and idle talk from a bunch of unserious people with no ambition. you can't generate electricity and someone is offering to help and all you do is denigrate that country? that is the highest level of stvoidity in my opinion!
well, am through wiht you since you now wanna show us why you are a ghanaian by portraying stvpidity. Your president is intellectually dead, no wonder your economy is finished, you people make comments without proper analysis like your presido. Bye bye grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Laughable Offer by CrudeGH: 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
Explicit01:
ok, ghana will probably want to export 1000MW to nigeria. Now what do you think 1000MW will do out of 200,000MW? my friend, ghana isn't capable of exporting power to nigeria. No african country is capable, not even southafrica that generates 52,000MW.
Ghana is not going to export power from its current generation capacity of 2,800MW. What Mahama is a saying is that by 2015/2016, Ghana plans to raise generation capacity to at least 5,000MW. The country will probably use 3,000MW and sell the rest to countries wishing to buy. if 120 million of your citizens don't have electricity, adding 2,000MW to your supply of 4,000MW will make a big difference. Ghana never said it was going to solve all your power needs. or did it? it is only willing to sell excess power, which I am sure other countries will grab with relish. I guess you people are long used to sleeping in the dark and inhaling generator fumes grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Adoji Makes Clear Intention To Clinch Kogi East Senatorial Seat / The Unhappy Mood In The North After Tinubu Win / Lagos To Ban Okada, Fashola’s Committee Endorses Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.