Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:08 PM

Deceitful Couple - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Deceitful Couple (635777 Views)

Communicators League / DECEITFUL-TRUTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deceitful Couple by abbiey: 10:03am On Oct 20, 2014
I'm following o, Oya Tiffany monday don reach o, seriously waiting! wink
Re: Deceitful Couple by tushwitch(f): 11:57am On Oct 20, 2014
;Dshall we begin?
Re: Deceitful Couple by iphie17: 12:34pm On Oct 20, 2014
Waiting patiently.....
Re: Deceitful Couple by Hameenat94(f): 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
Tiff... Tnx 4 d invitation... Im as present as ever
Re: Deceitful Couple by princesssusan(f): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2014
Tnx 4 d invitatn bt pls is monday already
Re: Deceitful Couple by samsondavid(m): 4:41pm On Oct 20, 2014
miss Tiffany.

nice work u got, just a new bee here. but read ya work its mind blowing.

keep it up. u going places remain blessed.

Ghost Mode Deactivated..
Re: Deceitful Couple by lyzee21(f): 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
Am present already, cant wait 2 start enjoyng dis story. Welcome back tiffany
Re: Deceitful Couple by Emzypaz(m): 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2014

Guys, its time to nominate that writer you so wish to have interviewed this saturday on Nairaland. Just go in here and hit the like button on any post which has your favourite writer's name.
This is the link to the thread;
https://www.nairaland.com/1952165/weekly-interview-thread-subsidiary-dammysammytv/4....
You can also read the last edition of the interview. The guest was
Royver.

2. Crime
3. Comedy
4. Thriller
5. Romance
6. Fantasy and many more.
The link to the nomination thread is;https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread
Re: Deceitful Couple by Mj45: 10:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
[quote
author=TiffanyJ post=27230947]You're all welcome to this thread. I
really appreciate your coming. Updates will start on monday. I wish you
all happy reading.
Where Hassan85 , heemah , mikedimeji , Chii8 , edwife , MRSIB0M0 ,
Doriestbest , lyndaRoyce , Abuklaw , cheriepet , Orla01 , uzolexis ,
Franciseromosel , erekere ,Nimen , adegoke623 , Jjrhymez , ghostwritter ,
paradise163 , flakkydagirl , Jeanfortune , cpBlessed , jaymomma ,
ADUKKY , babyzai , demgirls , moseph, JesDivine , gbemyn , jiteshell ,
RichLizzy , bawelat , arabaribity , gorgeousnogo , steve888 ngraced ,
xtremelygifted , princeAdepoju , holuwashezy , Galileogalileo , ijbeauty
, pwettyolly , gorgeousnogo , Iolite , marynneka , intentional ,
epathra , Jennimma , deeyor , princessusan , nerdychisa , missmossy ,
peksmay , crislyn , akekujoe , queen47 , xtarxyne , Boladex1 , seunviju ,
Costlybabe , adorableify , Barbienice , jadar , lanicky. BashirAhmad1 ,
bibie01, Tennyesty , Diammonddamsel , ronke001 , bookhy , ummuja ,
temmythe , culin , babyzai, bequin2all , ebysandra , queenxstar ,
Hameenat94, misspatsy , ToriEmmanson , Komzzy1 , bollyano , vonn ,
wonder3 , 360prince, Animog, Tobmay, Adesylvia , Omololamide , godwah ,
Olaooni88 , larrykay0 , mzmira , lalaity , sexysaphire , bobostykah ,
abisquare , okeogiene4real , AnnNini , queenjuli , dollydolly, culnellie
, Bloomingbud , Olusanya333 , Ifude , Kidaberry , funmercy1, Mj45 ,
Hulahoop , lanjum , Temmytayo20 , eniodun26 , goldwaters , dexterush ,
bekeebest , janeso , abbiey , chikabel , Tbrak , Tharuthlxx7 , JenyJ ,
Teeyrose , orlolahdey , jibola22 , gracile , glade , superplus ,
shadyflame , vivikul , fashionale , hauneg , hebenz , adijat4uall ,
ormorlehwah , grocery , christybabe , ice4jez , pwettynini , chijudith ,
fluffyp , blesynluv , kennylizzy , lilypet , bibiolu , gra890 ,
unibenstudent , tuddiies , peacynelson , olasunbophummie , debbysky ,
aprilwise , maputohq , shaks97 , rmfunky , benz4pimp , Hyfe , mohjisolah
, bdaniel178 , muniratAbolanl , ziziola , bumsiee , spotmataz, ogunsiji
, zikyke , mohjisolah , larteefah , hnkan , mitchelle55 , HelenBee ,
Oluwatyna , preciousberry , mary haam , lyzee21 , ebonyme890 , ifedinna
,eielalove , alayormii , rudepen , sebak , chistar , kingphilip ,
divepen , and the may i'm yet to mention[/quote]

Thanks Baby. Ride on sweet hrt.
Re: Deceitful Couple by TiffanyJ(f): 10:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
CHAPTER ONE
Life always present us with opportunities and choices. The choice we make, good or bad comes back to haunt us. Sometimes, we make the wrong choices or decisions but by the time we finally realised it, its always too late and we find ourselves asking questions; what had happened? What went wrong?
Mitchaelle Nicholas was one of those people who made wrong decisions in life and she was asking herself what went wrong? Earlia on, she had put her three years old nephew, Eugene in bed and had waited for him to sleep before driving to wuse. She badly needed a drink. Mitch gulped down the bottle of star she had ordered.
How on earth would she explain to her family the problem she had gotten herself into? Eugene's father, Jordan would never forgive her, Justin, her other brother would give her a long lecture before telling her how disappointed he was with her, her father, her so loving, caring and faithful father would disown her and what about her mother? She would tell her how ashamed she was to have rised a daughter like her. Jordan was the one she feared the most, he was her favourite brother, always there for her, always snooping around encouraging and advising her. She had no doubt that her brother Jordan, would beat her up. She smiled miserably, yes, Jordan might be the very best of brothers, but he was also highly temparemental and wouldn't hesitate to beat up his almost twenty eight years old sister.
It wasn't as if she didn't deserve it, she did deserve whatever she gets from her family. Mitch was ashamed of herself, she was a disgrace not only to herself but to her family and she couldn't face them anymore, that was why, she had to travel back to Canada. Canada had been her home for the past four years. But how could she go when she promised her sister-in-law, Tara that she would keep an eye on Shan and Eugene until she and Jordan returned from their vacation in Hawaii.
She ordered for another bottle, all she ever wanted was to be given a second chance. The fact that Jordan was suspecting her made her sad. He and mother had been insisting she showed them her certificate, to which she kept giving excuses. Her phone beep, these days, she detested her phone but she knew that she had to keep it by her side. She sighed in relieve when she saw that it was Jordan.
'Hello Jordan'
'Mitch how are you?'
'okay, what is it Jordan?'
'Are you drunk? Mitch, have you forgotten you are now incharge of Eugene and Shan?'
'So? I shouldn't drink?'
'Goodnight Mitch'
He ended the call, she was sure he was angry. She always wondered why he was so different from them. None of them was so temperamental.
'May I join you?', she heard a man said.
If only he knew what her problem was, he wouldn't bother her at all. She looked up at the man, he was of average height, maybe 1.7 feet, she might be a foot or two shorter than him. She scrutinized him from head to toe. He was fair in complexion, slim, with broad chest and a smooth face. A man shouldn't have such perfect and smooth skin. He was handsome, no, not handsome, he was beautiful. His hair was cut low and neatly kept. He smiled up at her and Mitch swore. A man shouldn't have such a beautiful smile either. She tried placing her fingers on his age, and concluded he should be in his mid thirties, maybe Jordan's age mate, and Jordan was thirty-five. The man was holding a bottle of red wine, Mitch saw that his white T-shirt was perfectly iron but he wore a faded jean trousers.
'No, you may not join me'
'why?', he asked with a deep voice.
'Because I said so'
'That is not a reason', He sat down opposite her.
'How dare you?'
'A lady shouldn't drink with such abandon. Not good for her health'
'Hy, don't preach to me, who the hell are you anyway?'
'I am Joel, who the hell are you too?'
'Mitch'
'what kind of name is that, it sounds like match'
Mitch was immediately offended. Everyone thought mitch was so nice, everyone, except this stranger!
'My full name is Mitchaelle, when I was small, my brothers opted for Mitch and now, everyone calls me Mitch'
'I think I prefer Mitchaelle'
'Nice meeting you Joel...?'
'Joel Jason and you?'
'Mitchaelle Nicholas'
'Are you in any way related with Jordan Nicholas, the builder?'
'Not at all'

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deceitful Couple by Tholuwani(f): 10:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
Deceitful indeed,keep it rolling and thanx

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by Cheriepet: 10:45pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hmmmmmm..... what a way to start.... TiffanyJ u are getting better n better.... i am here gal lets ride on

2 Likes

Re: Deceitful Couple by hassan85(m): 11:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
bless u o finally d suspense writer is back will have lot to think about and to wake up hoping for updates again!! nice start.... keep it rolling

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by Nobody: 1:17am On Oct 21, 2014
Do you enjoy this story and that of others, are you going to keep on reading and not nominate your best writer. Please, do at the link below...
https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread

#Nairawriters
Re: Deceitful Couple by Enasco1(m): 8:21am On Oct 21, 2014
Suspense so soon!!! Good work TiffanyJ

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by heemah(f): 8:33am On Oct 21, 2014
Nice update...

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by Vickthoriah(f): 11:03am On Oct 21, 2014
Lovely ...I Lyk d bAnter

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by boldndbeautiful(f): 12:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
Make I follow U̶̲̥̅̊ bumper to bumper cheesy

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2014
Welcome back tiffany this is sure gonna be great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deceitful Couple by TiffanyJ(f): 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
'Who the hell is Jordan? And to be a builder when there are better things to do', Mitch added.
'Well, he is doing very well'
'I don't know him and i definately don't care to'
Mitch knew what her name does, she had long stopped telling strangers that she was a Nicholas, one of the most influencial and powerful family in Nigeria. Of course, they were builders and doing very well. She had learnt the hard way that men wanted to date and marry her, not for who she was but for what she was.
'Care to talk about it?'
'What?'
'what is eating you up that you take solace in drinking with such ferocity'
'Mind your damn business Mister'
She stood up, she was drunk and she knew it. She picked her clutch purse and began walking away.
'well Mister Jason, I suppose you won't mind footing the bill, will you?', She asked him. The stranger didn't reply her.
'Well, foot the bill, its one of the advantages you get when you share table with a lady', She said and walked unsteadily away.
Outside, she was able to find her car, a red Jeep she had taken from one of her father's. Well, its hers now! She fumbled through her purse for the car keys and shouted in excitement when she found it. It was a miracle Mitch found her way home. She parked the car and managed to climbed the stairs to her room. She unceremoniously stumbled on the bed and began snoring.

Her mother matched into her room the next morning. She gazed down at her daughter in annoyance.
'Mitch, Mitch wake up', she said while tapping her cheeks.
'For goodness sake mother, come back later', She answered in a drowsy voice.
Alice Nicholas, refused to be dismissed by her own daughter. She walked gracefully to the bathroom, fetched a small bowl of water and sprinkled it on Mitch's face. Mitch immediately came awake and quickly sat up.
'Mother, I'm not a child anymore'
'I'm glad we are in agreement, Mitch. You have twenty minutes to bath and meet me in my room'
'What is it again?'
Her mother slapped her. She couldn't recall the last time she received a slap from her mother. She placed her hands on her cheek in shock.
'Mitch! I will not tolerate this behaviour from you. Going out every evening and and returning very drunk at your age? Do you think you are a child? Your two elder brothers are all happily married, and here you are misbehaving'
'Mother, I...'
'I now see, you no longer regard me as your mother. You are taking me for granted. If your father or either of your brothers were here, would you have gone out every evening and return late at night very drunk? You wouldn't! Now you listen to me, I have spoken to your father, Jordan and Justin. They will all be here next week, and you will tell the whole family what has come over you. I'm sure you will talk to them, since, you refused to talk to me.
Oh, I still have a teenager in this house Mitch, don't you dare set bad examples to Shan. She is just sixteen and I don't want her thinking there is nothing wrong in going out every evening and returning very drunk'
With that, Mrs Nicholas matched out of the room. Mitch quietly began sobbing. She didn't cry because her mother slapped her nor did she cry because she was told off, Mitch cried because she didn't know how to explain to her family that she was involve in a scandal, a scandal that would mar the family name. How on earth would she explain that she didn't graduate, she was expelled in her third year at the university.
Her phone began beeping, she knew who was calling, she picked the phone and pressed the receive button.
'My heartbeat'
'Don't call me that you heartless man'
'Are you crying my heart?'
'yes I am crying, damn you'
'please don't'
'What do you want again'
'Just two hundred thousand naira to take care of some business'
'I gave you the same amount two weeks ago'
'it's finished'
'I don't have that kind of money. I am broke'
'No, my heartbeat. You are a Nicholas and everyone knew that the Nicholas are millionaires'
'I hate you'
'thats settled then. I want that money by tomorrow, unless you want the world to know who you really are. Oh, your father will have a heart attack'
'I will get even with you Shadrach. You are right, I am a Nicholas, and a Nicholas doesn't forget or forgive. Wait and See'
'Am I getting the money or not?'
'I will send it within the week'
she threw the phone on the rug.

The complete story of this work is now available at okadabooks. Those interested can simply go to the site and buy it. Thank you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deceitful Couple by jaymomma(f): 8:21pm On Oct 21, 2014
Blackmail? Hope this ends well for Mitch

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by Enasco1(m): 8:31pm On Oct 21, 2014
Mitch n scandal!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by hassan85(m): 9:30pm On Oct 21, 2014
hmn blackmail o. I just hope she gets brave b4 it becomes too late.. Tiffany Weldon.

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by seunviju(f): 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2014
This one is serious o.Thank you tiffany for the updates.Nice work

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by Jeanfortune(f): 9:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
wow! wow!! wow!!! TiffanyJ, u ve really done justice to ur writing skills, the updates are superb, i like the thrill of suspense in this one, THUMBS UP girlie

2 Likes

Re: Deceitful Couple by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 21, 2014
following religiously

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hmm tiff, u are at it again. Hmmm!
Re: Deceitful Couple by pricelesslove(f): 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hmmm I can see that I came late. but I'm angry with you ooo, you didn't mean invite me. BTW. Weldon dear.

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by onosj(f): 11:51pm On Oct 21, 2014
Mitch u better tell ur family d truth be4 is too late?! @Tiffany thank 4 d update.

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by Hameenat94(f): 12:55am On Oct 22, 2014
Wow! Mitch nd Scandal... She better open up nw b4 its 2 late... Dat Doctor nd d Nicholas family self eh... They join Him nd them? Tiff... Weldone dear

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by heemah(f): 7:05am On Oct 22, 2014
No matter how hard life seems, alcohol isnt d solution..Mitch had better tell her mum, even though she ll get angry first, she will later understand and know how best to present it to the family because she is a mother...BTW, how bad is the scandal?? That some bad ass now blackmail her?? keeping my fingers crossed...How's my lovely Eugene?

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by TiffanyJ(f): 7:42am On Oct 22, 2014
samsondavid:
miss Tiffany.

nice work u got, just a new bee here. but read ya work its mind blowing.

keep it up. u going places remain blessed.

Ghost Mode Deactivated..
you're welcome and thank you!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (124) (Reply)

My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.