Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? (16540 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Reference(m): 6:22am On Oct 16, 2014
Hindsight is 20/20. This is the Nations Cup. He won it at his first attempt so there's really no motivation, the management that made it possible was going. The ingridients for a perfect fall are there. Probably he should have gone after the world cup. Continuity remains alien in these parts. We have not attained the necessary levels to make long term success a possibility in most aspects of public and (I dare say even our) private lives.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:29am On Oct 16, 2014
idrissurajudeen:
Nigerians have never belived in keshi and his team... God bless Nigerian football.
Your statement here says it all. Coach Keshi and his crew were never supported.

Wishing them the best in their careers.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by TeaYMize(m): 6:31am On Oct 16, 2014
NairaMode:
We have always been able to analyze and judge football from afar.
We analyze gestures, choices and style of coaches and players alike from a very distant view which is usually bias.
As the case maybe, there are always things we do not know about players, coaches, their mindset and decisions, mistakes and glory.
So I don't really judge but going by what people working with him have said about him, I think he should be given a fair chance some more.

I personally believe he is proud and unprofessional with some of his statements and decisions and in the even that he doesn't adjust (say within a stipulated period) then he should be shown the way.

People deserve chances and we don't just severe the head because it hurts.
Keshi has been given enof chances as d coach; ryt 4rm wen he left 2 S/A 2 luk 4 a job dia n didn't get one, dy shldn't v given dt coaching seat baq 2 him in Nigeria,,bt nw ehn Keshi shld just go finally so dt a beta coach wl lead d super eagles team. Of course we av beta coaches in Naija,all we've 2 do do is select one out of dem
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 16, 2014
Yes. His time's up. He's biased in his selection. Bring in a coach who will win at least in Congo and returns home to defeat South Africa by 4 nil. Then, we would qualify.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by philips70(m): 6:35am On Oct 16, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
[b]Coach Keshi and his crew, true heroes unjustly treated.

It has been a tough ride for Coach Keshi. From lack of regular payment of his salary and his staffs were not paid regularly. To the lack of regular bonuses of players. Unpaid hotel bills.

There was a rapid decline of our football and lack of success.

Coach Keshi and his crew worked hard and injected fresh blood into the team. Got us playing well and led us to an amassing Nations Cup victory. He gave players chance to grow as professionals and men in the team.

His addition of fresh blood and creating competition in every part of the team.

Coach Keshi and his crew wrote their names is in the history of Super Eagles. A great man who did something to end the failing plight of the Super Eagles.

It was an exciting time and you guys are leaving with your heads held high. Thank you guys for the new boys in the team. Especially Oboabona, Omeruo, Babatunde, Oshaniwa, Osaguona, Aluko, Aaron Samuel, Raheem Lawal and Gbolahan Salami. I hope they make you proud.

I will miss you guys.
https://www.nairaland.com/1951526/coach-keshi-crew-true-heroes[/b]

I can see tears in your eyes as you write this last chapter of Songs of Solomon. If you really know the bible read proverbs very well. The success of a proud man equals the failure of a humble man. Suffice it to say as it is written God humbles the proud. Even Joachim Low, Felipe Scolari, Franz Beckenbaur, Carlos Alberto Perreira etc all put together have no pride as Keshi. In my opinion, good riddance to bad rubbish before he finally destroy what is left of our pride with his pride. Not in mood of a quarrel please

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Reference(m): 6:37am On Oct 16, 2014
donsteady:
Who do we have to replaced him? i mean locally

I will say the cup winning golden eaglet gaffer who is presently handling the flying eagles if and only if he is allowed to see his team grow into the senior national team which means it is not for this year or the next or the next. We have experimented enough with coaches. Now let us experiment with players, with groups of players who know each other. It is time we take the gamble and graduate almost an entire cadet team into the senior team en-bloc, coach included because quite frankly we have not reaped the rewards of 30 years of age grade soccer in any way shape or form. And the system of mixing older and younger players isn't working well.

I mean we have presently perhaps the newest set (combined fewest caps) of players ever to grace the eagles' nest and two years down the line the team looks painfully worn out. It is not working. The new wine is ruined by the old wineskin. We need fresh ideas not just new faces and that's why the NFF's Technical Department must be created.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by MadCow1: 6:37am On Oct 16, 2014
So Amodu is in charge of the super eagles now huh?

God have mercy on us all... I wish him luck.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by seangy4konji: 6:39am On Oct 16, 2014
I loved him but ego and knowing it's this same football dat only unites us together and toying with our happiness cos u r being called the big boss?who u be ?

Go and rest at home. Next time do the will of Nigeria as they tell you. Plenty witch deh this country.

Keshi respect your age.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:39am On Oct 16, 2014
philips70:

I can see tears in your eyes as you write this last chapter of Songs of Solomon. If you really know the bible read proverbs very well. The success of a proud man equals the failure of a humble man. Suffice it to say as it is written God humbles the proud. Even Joachim Low, Felipe Scolari, Franz Beckenbaur, Carlos Alberto Perreira etc all put together have no pride as Keshi. In my opinion, good riddance to bad rubbish before he finally destroy what is left of our pride with his pride. Not in mood of a quarrel please
Coach Keshi is not a proud man, he is confident.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 16, 2014
adrainuche:
Lets Keep Keshi still after the qualifiiers bringing a new coach now may seem as good as useless, why cant Sia 1 and Keshi work together,Sia 1 is technically better so in terns of technical management the team should be good.. Two heads is better
than One.. #MyOpinion

gud idea but we kno hw strongheaded keshi can be
he definitely will not take any tactical advice from siasia
dats y he chose amokachi, who cant challenge him
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:42am On Oct 16, 2014
The announcement of Coach Samson Siasia as the U23 coach baffles me. Coach Siasia was the coach who destroyed Coach Yemi Tella's U17 team. Why put Coach Siasiai in charge of the U23 team instead of Coach Manu Garba to enhance continuity and longevity. Hence Nacho, Yahaya, Success, Ezeh and co. will be the ones to play the Olympic football in 2016.

SMH.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by enemmo(f): 6:43am On Oct 16, 2014
Too Late.Keshi has been sacked.BREAKING: Keshi sacked http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=13209#.VD9YJMJjWPk.twitter
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Sunkyphil(m): 6:44am On Oct 16, 2014
keshi has just been sacked
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by tellwisdom: 6:52am On Oct 16, 2014
Keshi?? ....what does he do?? sad
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by sikells(m): 6:52am On Oct 16, 2014
finsulyman:

Anybody who sees that team will know that the team has no
tactical game plan. Anyway, let him complete the sorrow.
nigeria will not even qualify for the nations cup even if they win their remaining two matches and south africa wins at least one more game
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by abohrandy: 6:53am On Oct 16, 2014

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Reference(m): 6:56am On Oct 16, 2014
Joenice:
Yes. His time's up. He's biased in his selection. Bring in a coach who will win at least in Congo and returns home to defeat South Africa by 4 nil. Then, we would qualify.

Every coach has preferences, even if YOU were appointed I will probably not agree with your selection and will most certainly name drop. And don't tell me you have not disagreed professionally with anyone leading to your parting with the fellow, then I will say you have never handled responsibility. Mourinho, Ancelotti, Pep, Wenger, Scolari, Van Gaal name them. They have all discarded players we all felt were worthy. They win some trophies and lose some matches scandalously but they are still considered good coaches. Keshi has won and lost too. That is life. That is football. It is a team game and not only about the individual players.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by jadajada: 6:59am On Oct 16, 2014
He's already gone. Let's see what miracle Amodu 'll perform
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Ifedikaycee(m): 7:02am On Oct 16, 2014
Keshi is already gone!
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by GOFON(m): 7:02am On Oct 16, 2014
KESHI SHOULD GO. MAIGARI should be honoured for not renewing his contract before leaving the glass house. SIASIA should replace Keshi.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 16, 2014
Gloria3389:
keshi is no more a coach.....he's a dummie.... Sorry to say that... it's just the truth...imagine the matches they've lost,the great super eagles now turned to ordinary fowl....winning today has Nothing to do with him.....#KESHIMUSTGO#
and dey've given u pple amodunce shuaibu #Enjoy grin
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by camelus: 7:05am On Oct 16, 2014
Reference:

I will say the cup winning golden eaglet gaffer who is presently handling the flying eagles if and only if he is allowed to see his team grow into the senior national team which means it is not for this year or the next or the next. We have experimented enough with coaches. Now let us experiment with players, with groups of players who know each other. It is time we take the gamble and graduate almost an entire cadet team into the senior team en-bloc, coach included because quite frankly we have not reaped the rewards of 30 years of age grade soccer in any way shape or form. And the system of mixing older and younger players isn't working well.

I mean we have presently perhaps the newest set (combined fewest caps) of players ever to grace the eagles' nest and two years down the line the team looks painfully worn out. It is not working. The new wine is ruined by the old wineskin. We need fresh ideas not just new faces and that's why the NFF's Technical Department must be created.
I concur to ur write up,thats a good one !
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by sheylarhh(m): 7:07am On Oct 16, 2014
Who is smarter?
Three University student didn't write an exam
because they did not study. They came up with a
plan, got themselves dirty using grease then went
to see the Dean.
"Sir we are sorry we couldn't make it to then exam.
We attended a wedding and on our way back the
car broke down thus we became so dirty as you
can see."
The Dean understood and gave them three days to
prepare.
After three days they went to the Dean very ready
for the exam because they had studied.
The Dean put them in there separate classes.
There were only four questions in the exam paper:
1. Who and who got married? (25 mks)
2. Where was the reception held? (25mks)
3. Where exactly did the car break down? (25mks)
4. What type of car broke down? (25mks)
Note: Your answers must be the same. Good luck!
Hahahaha one word for them?
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Omadachi(m): 7:07am On Oct 16, 2014
Keshi lacks human management skills which is his greatest problem making him to exclude our best players from the team.He had the same issue while in Togo.No coach in the history of Nigeria have had issue with players the way Keshi does.Keshimustgo
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by sheylarhh(m): 7:08am On Oct 16, 2014
NFF Sack Keshi And His Crew
The Executive Committee of the
Nigeria Football Federation [NFF]
has appointed the troika of Amodu
Shuaibu, Gbenga Ogunbote and
Salisu Yusuf to handle the Super Eagles. The
committee settled on the
consortium of coaches after holding
a meeting in an Abuja Hotel on
Wednesday 15 October, 2014
moments after sacking coach
Stephen Keshi. Unanimously The federation
confirmed the latest
developments through a statement
released in the early hours of
Thursday morning. -The federation has
unanimously
approved the appointment of a
consortium of coaches to lead the
Super Eagles for only the two
concluding matches of the 2015
Africa Cup of Nations qualifying series (against
Congo in Brazzaville
and against South Africa in Uyo),
after which an expatriate Coach will
be appointed, read the statement in
part. New team - The consortium is led by Amodu
Shaibu, also has Salisu Yusuf,
Gbenga Ogunbote and Aloysius
Agu. The team also has a new
Coordinator in former international
Garba Lawal, while Toyin Ibitoye is the new Media
Officer and Godfirst
Chike is the new Equipment
Manager. Team Secretary, Enebi
Achor has been retained, confirmed
the statement. Amodu is making his fourth return
as national team manager, and is
very familiar with the issues
surrounding the Nigeria Football
Federation administration. Keshi led Nigeria to the
2013 Nations Cup
win in South Africa.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 16, 2014
TeamSimple:
Even if e wins d remaining two matches he should Go. We should not be playing and celebrating goals against sudan as if we scored against Germany.

You can imagine... Sudan o! I know people'll come here and say 'there r no small teams anymore' but ifsudan got their first win in 3 games against SE. then something is wrong...

Keshi had enough time to build and stabilise a team with a recognised pattern of play... Just like what low brought to Germany.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 16, 2014
Impatient and illogical nigerian fans.who else has done better than keshi right from the inception of football in nigeria.lars largerback was a failure,has siasia you clamour for won any cup.pls,i understand keshi is stubborn but all those talking at his back are mediocres who haven't won any cup.or should we start taking count of them.patience!Nigerians.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Michky: 7:12am On Oct 16, 2014
This is a lesson to anyone out there with a good heart. Nigerians are the worst people to make any sacrifice for. No loyalty whatsoever. Bunch of fo.ols.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 16, 2014
Afam4eva:
Nigerian fans are probably the most emotionally driven fans in the world. They change their minds willy-nilly without doing some logical assessment on the subject matter. keshi has always been an above average coach which is a pass mark in my opinion but that does not make him a world class coach by any standard. His previous outing for several African countries were moderate but not fantastic. His greatest achievement was qualifying an African team for a world cup against other African teams, not European, South American or Asian teams. The truth is that African football is still in the dark ages and does not require any form of gargantuan coaching skills to win. In Africa, you can bulldoze your way into winning any competition and when you eventually play countries from other continents, your weaknesses starts to show. I shuddered at how Keshi's rankings increased after the world cup. Not that it's not normal for a coach who won a major competition to be praised but we did so without properly analyzing the idiosyncrasies of our outing and the technical depth inherent in the team. The truth is that we did not do anything fantastic at the nations cup. We were just an average team that was lucky. It's not like other teams were fantastic and we took them out. They were simply African teams. Our weaknesses were exposed at the confederations and world cup. So, the moral f the story is that you shouldn't wait until a team starts performing badly before evaluating the capabilities of the coach.

Dude please spare me this condescending, anti-African POPPYCOCK. To you, everything African is the worst on earth. Why don't you kuku bleach yourself white and disappear to Australia or something? Rubbish. He even ranks Asian football above African soccer. '''Oh.. it's so easy to win the African cup''. Have you ever played football in your pampered life? Ajebutter coming here to talk garbage. I wonder if you rate your own competence at work poorly based on the fact that you are ''only a Nigerian '', and therefore, ''nowhere near the best''.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by shupsy2012: 7:15am On Oct 16, 2014
Capital YES!because as we saw,the goals scored were by individual brilliance not team work or technicality of the team..............we need those 2 quality in our team.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by ddikareem(m): 7:16am On Oct 16, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]. Let him go
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by ejikemichael: 7:18am On Oct 16, 2014
Stephen Keshi has just been fired!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FC Ifeanyi Ubah Apologizes, Suspends Team Manager For 4 Matches (PRESS RELEASE) / Anthony Martial From Man United To Sevilla Is A Done Deal / Super Eagles Chief Coah, Salisu Yusuf Denies Receiving Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.