Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:38 PM

Facebook Announced The Launch Of Safety Check - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Facebook Announced The Launch Of Safety Check (489 Views)

Cramjones Nairaland Politics Winner ANNOUNCED (video)!!!! / Rehto.com Announces The Launch Of Its Online Store In Nigeria / I Need To Link Up With An Importer Of Safety Matches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Announced The Launch Of Safety Check by Mbamally(m): 12:01pm On Oct 16, 2014
Mark Zuckerberg

Today we announced the launch of Safety Check on Facebook.

Over the last few years there have been many
disasters and crises where people have turned to the Internet for help. Each time, we see people use Facebook to check on their loved ones and see if they're safe. Connecting with people is always valuable, but these are the moments when it matters most.
Safety Check is our way of helping our community during natural disasters and gives you an easy and simple way to say you’re safe and check on all your friends and family in one place.
It's meaningful to be in Tokyo to announce this
because the great earthquake and tsunami a few years ago inspired us to build the first version of this for Japan. Now we're glad to have this ready to serve everyone in the world.

Source:

www.facebook.com/zuck

cheesy
Re: Facebook Announced The Launch Of Safety Check by Kenny4lyfe(m): 1:09pm On Oct 16, 2014
I aint clicking on that link dude! angry
Post everything right here or... forget it!

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Defends Oritsejafor Over $9.3m Arms Scandal / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / I Am Sorry Seun..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.