Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,917 members, 7,799,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (694538 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Aguero has scored 105 goals in 152 games for Manchester City. You do not need awards or stats to prove he is one of the greats in the game today.

The stats speaks greatness. Not what you think.

From your point, Harry Kane is great and Aguero is not.

We know that people are great through awards. How do we know Messi is great? How do we know Ronaldo is great? How do we know THierry Henry is great? Personal awards. Unless you say that the widely-read, widely-travelled, incredibly knowledgeable football analysts and statisticians are idi.ots.

You speak about Kane. When did Kane get to the league?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Paul Scholes is of the view that only Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero can slot into the first team of clubs like Real Madrid or Barcelona.

"I really don't think it's any surprise," added Scholes.

"When you think about the quality of players we have, do you think any of the players at our top clubs now would get in the Barcelona team? I very much doubt it."

"They wouldn't get in the Real Madrid team or the Bayern Munich team. Maybe Sergio Aguero is the exception."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3255256/Manchester-United-legend-Paul-Scholes-takes-swipe-Premier-League-quality-claiming-Sergio-Aguero-Real-Madrid-Bayern-Munich-squad.html

Aguero would not play in the first team at Barcelona. He is not as good as Messi, Suarez or Neymar, except he wants to get converted to the midfield.

He would struggle to play at Madrid. Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema are better than him. Remember that the Higuain who regularly benches him at the Argentine setup was sold for Benzema.

Aguero is a good player. He is not a great player.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
joseph1013:

Aguero would not play in the first team at Barcelona. He is not as good as Messi, Suarez or Neymar, except he wants to get converted to the midfield.

He would struggle to play at Madrid. Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema are better than him. Remember that the Higuain who regularly benches him at the Argentine setup was sold for Benzema.

I watched Aguero and Suarez before they came to the EPL. I will boldly say Suarez is the better player. They are close in quality but I believe Suarez offers more, especially in front of the goal.

As for Benzema, you are totally wrong. I watched Benzema well before he went to Madrid. There was once on a BBC forum someone quoted me for r pointing out Benzema for Manchester United to sign before he blew as a top striker.

So when we talk Benzema they are not mates.

Benzema's stats also shows who is the better player, despite Benzema playing in a less harsh environment. The weather and the harsh tackles in the EPL. Benzema also plays in a team made of some of the best money could offer.

Benzema = 111 goals in 215 matches. That is 0.52 goals per game.

Aguero 105 in 152 games. That is 0.70 goals per game.

It is baffling that Florentino Perez, who is the President of Real Madrid made it clear that Aguero is a Real Madrid target.

How someone can rate Benzema top and Aguero not a great is puzzling.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
joseph1013:

We know that people are great through awards. How do we know Messi is great? How do we know Ronaldo is great? How do we know THierry Henry is great? Personal awards. Unless you say that the widely-read, widely-travelled, incredibly knowledgeable football analysts and statisticians are idi.ots.

Make no mistake about this, Aguero will make everyone's top 10 best strikers in this Morden era. Among this elite bracket are the barca and Madrid front 3,Griezman, lewandoski who I rate all ahead of Aguero.

However, Aguero is an incredible talent nobody in their right senses will deny that.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
joseph1013:

How many times was Ibrahimovic rated as one of the top three greats of the year by FIFA? I do not remember. However, he is one of the greatest strikers in the history of the game.

Sometimes, accolades is not all that matters. Aguero is one of the few World Class strikers in the game today.

By the way, you brought in EPL team of the year.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
joseph1013:

“Kun” Aguero was a risk worth taking for whichever side wanted to break their bank. The young Argentina international had shot onto the scene as a Maradona-esque wonderkid for local side, Independiente.

At the age of just 19, Aguero made the £20 million move from his boyhood side to Spanish giants Atletico Madrid.

By 2007, Aguero was regarded as the best young player in world football. Both Manchester United and Manchester City were convinced that Aguero had the potential to become one of the world’s top players.

However, as Ferguson’s words suggest, £38 million – an English record – seemed a lot even for a player of Aguero’s talent. Money-bags City had no such qualms though, signing their man in July 2011.

http://www.shoot.co.uk/top-5-the-signings-that-got-away-from-sir-alex-ferguson/

Aguero is all about consistency. It takes world class players to maintain such consistency and form.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8_XyaZPWxo

Sergio Aguero Goal vs QPR 2012 HD English Commentary

I SWEAR YOU WILL NEVER SEE ANY THIS LIKE THIS EVER AGAIN.

KUN AGUERO. LEGEND.

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

How many times was Ibrahimovic rated as one of the top three greats of the year by FIFA? I do not remember. However, he is one of the greatest strikers in the history of the game.

Sometimes, accolades is not all that matters. Aguero is one of the few World Class strikers in the game today.

By the way, you brought in EPL team of the year.
[b]That means you don't know Zlatan. Please, please...please. Don't compare Zlatan with Kun. Ever!

Zlatan scores goals...incredible goals. And wins awards.

Take a look:
FIFA FIFPro World XI : 2013
UEFA Team of the Year: 2007, 2009 , 2013, 2014
Golden Foot: 2012
UEFA Euro Team of the Tournament : 2012
UEFA Champions League Most assists: 2012–13
UEFA Champions League Team of the Season : 2013–14
ESM Team of the Year: 2006–07, 2007–08 , 2012–13 , 2013–14
Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2008, 2009, 2011
Serie A Top Scorer: 2009, 2012
Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year: 2005, 2008, 2009
Serie A Team of the Year: 2010–11, 2011–12
Ligue 1 Player of the Year: 2012– 13 , 2013–14, 2015–16
Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
Swedish Male Athlete of the Year: 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015
UEFA Ultimate Team of the Year

Can you remind me again about Kun's records compared to this?

Ibrahimovic is one of the greatest strikers and his awards prove it. He'd have been top 3 except for the beasts of Messi and CR7.

Choose another player please.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
goldfish80:

Make no mistake about this, Aguero will make everyone's top 10 best strikers in this Morden era. Among this elite bracket are the barca and Madrid front 3,Griezman, lewandoski who I rate all ahead of Aguero.

However, Aguero is an incredible talent nobody in their right senses will deny that.
The modern era does not have too many great strikers. Even players you rate above Aguero like Griezman are average strikers. I even rate Aguero more than Griezman and Lewan. But at best, they are all good players, nothing great about them. Others include Higuain.

For modern great strikers, I only know about Zlatan and Suarez, and maybe Muller.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2016
joseph1013:
[b]That means you don't know Zlatan. Please, please...please. Don't compare Zlatan with Kun. Ever!

Zlatan scores goals...incredible goals. And wins awards.

Take a look:
FIFA FIFPro World XI : 2013
UEFA Team of the Year: 2007, 2009 , 2013, 2014
Golden Foot: 2012
UEFA Euro Team of the Tournament : 2012
UEFA Champions League Most assists: 2012–13
UEFA Champions League Team of the Season : 2013–14
ESM Team of the Year: 2006–07, 2007–08 , 2012–13 , 2013–14
Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2008, 2009, 2011
Serie A Top Scorer: 2009, 2012
Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year: 2005, 2008, 2009
Serie A Team of the Year: 2010–11, 2011–12
Ligue 1 Player of the Year: 2012– 13 , 2013–14, 2015–16
Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
Swedish Male Athlete of the Year: 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015
UEFA Ultimate Team of the Year

Can you remind me again about Kun's records compared to this?

Ibrahimovic is one of the greatest strikers and his awards prove it. He'd have been top 3 except for the beasts of Messi and CR7.

Choose another player please.
[/b]

I did not talk of his awards. I said, how many times has he been in the top three. How many times did he make the FIFA Ballon D'or top three list? I do not remember. Based on that, people will not put him in the same bracket of Messi and CR7. However, he is and had been as consistent as them.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
Aguero has now scored 105 goals in the Premier League.

By comparison, that’s as many goals as Didier Drogba scored throughout his career at Chelsea.

Drogba needed an extra 102 games to reach his EPL goals tally.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/how-man-citys-sergio-aguero-has-dramatically-outscored-chelsea-legend-didier-drogba/

If this is not greatness, what is?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
joseph1013:
The modern era does not have too many great strikers. Even players you rate above Aguero like Griezman are average strikers. I even rate Aguero more than Griezman and Lewan. But at best, they are all good players, nothing great about them. Others include Higuain.

For modern great strikers, I only know about Zlatan and Suarez, and maybe Muller.

You see Muller as great but you do not see Aguero as great.

The truth is Aguero's records speak for him.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I did not talk of his awards. I said, how many times has he been in the top three. How many times did he make the FIFA Ballon D'or top three list? I do not remember. Based on that, people will not put him in the same bracket of Messi and CR7. However, he is and had been as consistent as them.
The reason is simple...he is not in the top 3 players in the world.

He's not as good as Messi. He's not as good as Ronaldo. He was not as good as Iniesta. He was not as good as Ronaldinho. He was not as good as Xavi.

So what's your point?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
joseph1013:

He's not as good as Messi. He's not as good as Ronaldo. He was not as good as Iniesta. He was not as good as Ronaldinho. He was not as good as Xavi.

So what's your point?

My Lawd. Iniesta. Better than Ibrahimovic. You think it is beans when Barcelona spent 40 million Euros plus Eto for Ibrahimovic. He is up there with CR7 and Messi. Those two are ahead of him when you compare the impact on their careers. Ibrahimovic follows.

Just Google his best goals and see magic. Ibrahimovic is good like test.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You're the first person who I see mentions Zlatan in the same breath as Messi and Ronaldo. You are comparing them with him? Are you joking? Joking sturvs?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
joseph1013:

So what's your point?

Ibrahimovic is a better footballer than Ronaldinho. Fact.

His consistency from Ajax until now. Biko.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

My Lawd. Iniesta. Better than Ibrahimovic. You think it is beans when Barcelona spent 40 million Euros plus Eto for Ibrahimovic. He is up there with CR7 and Messi. Those two are ahead of him when you compare the impact on their careers. Ibrahimovic follows.

Just Google his best goals and see magic. Ibrahimovic is good like test.
This is where the discussion will end. I cannot continue with someone who thinks Iniesta's overall play is inferior to that of Zlatan. I cannot! I just can't.

Bye sir!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
joseph1013:
You're the first person who I see mentions Zlatan in the same breath as Messi and Ronaldo. You are comparing them with him? Are you joking? Joking sturvs?

Ibrahimovic is too consistent. It is not easy to operate at such level for so long. Unlike CR7 and Messi, his longevity is not at Real Madrid and Barcelona, surrounded by lots of top players.

Awards do not tell the whole story.

What Ibra is doing in Man Utd is not far from what he did his whole career.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
joseph1013:
This is where the discussion will end. I cannot continue with someone who thinks Iniesta's overall play is inferior to that of Zlatan. I cannot! I just can't.

Bye sir!

I can not stop laughing at Iniesta and Ronaldinho over Ibrahimovic.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
joseph1013:

In December 2013, Ibrahimović was ranked by The Guardian as the third-best player in the world, behind only Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Just copied it off Ibra's wiki page. I guess I am not the only one joking.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

In December 2013, Ibrahimović was ranked by The Guardian as the third-best player in the world, behind only Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Just copied it off Ibra's wiki page. I guess I am not the only one joking.

No u guys both have it wrong u can't compare Ibra and Iniesta they are like apples and oranges. They both can never do what the other does.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 7:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
joseph1013:

I wonder in which parallel universe Griezman is an average striker. As I type his now, he is within the top 3 best players around now.. Best player at the Euros and top scorer. Made the champions league team of the year. Definitely within a shout of the balon d or. If he is an average striker with the type of year he has had, then really we have to redefine the word "average" .. Lol lol
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
goldfish80:

I wonder in which parallel universe Griezman is an average striker. As I type his now, he is within the top 3 best players around now.. Best player at the Euros and top scorer. Made the champions league team of the year. Definitely within a shout of the balon d or. If he is an average striker with the type of year he has had, then really we have to redefine the word "average" .. Lol lol
One or two seasons of wonders does not a great player make, else Vardy and Kane would be great players. 'Great' has been roundly overused.

May be not average, may be good. Not great!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 8:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
joseph1013:
One or two seasons of wonders does not a great player make, else Vardy and Kane would be great players. 'Great' has been roundly overused.

This is a guy who has worked his way up the ladder. From being rejected earlier in his career because of height disadvantage to turning out world class performance over the past 4season (from his Sociedad days).
At Sociedad, himself and Vela embarrassed alot go teams in the la liga. You think Athletico will buy a one season wonder to replace Falcao?

For just any good striker or average striker to flourish in Simeone's ultra defensive model of football is quite a statement.

Keane and Vardy will never get to win Euro best player and top scorer in their careers. Naming him in the same brackets with players who he is light years ahead is the most ridiculous thing I have heard on this thread. Slightly a bit below "
Sadiq the new Kanu "

You don't go around making statements like these. People would take you for a joker.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
joseph1013:

This is a guy who has worked his way up the ladder. From being rejected earlier in his career because of height disadvantage to turning out world class performance over the past 4season (from his Sociedad days).
At Sociedad, himself and Vela embarrassed alot of teams in the la liga. You think Athletico will buy a one season wonder to replace Falcao?

For just any good striker or average striker to flourish in Simeone's ultra defensive model of football is quite a statement.

Keane and Vardy will never get to win Euro best player and top scorer in their careers. Naming him in the same brackets with players who he is light years ahead is the most ridiculous thing I have heard on this thread. Slightly a bit below "
Sadiq the new Kanu "

You don't go around making statements like these,nobody will take you serious.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by ekehwest(m): 8:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
Chelsea player John Mikel Obi shows off his Olympic bronze medal as he celebrates 'dream come true'

http://chelseagist247..com.ng/2016/08/chelsea-player-john-mikel-obi-shows-off.html?m=1

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:18am On Aug 24, 2016
goldfish80:

At Sociedad, himself and Vela embarrassed alot of teams in the la liga. You think Athletico will buy a one season wonder to replace Falcao?

Sadiq the new Kanu "

You don't go around making statements like these,nobody will take you serious.
You're trying too hard to be funny. If I don't think Aguero is great, wtf is Griezman. You lots use the word 'great' anyhow.

Let me give you samples of great players in the game. Ronaldo, the Phenomenon, is great. Henry Thierry is great. Raul Gonzalez is great, Del Piero is great. Buffon is great. Pirlo is great. Roberto Carlos is great. Kanu Nwankwo is great.

Show me how Griezman got on that list.

Your standard indeed is quite low. I should have known from the moment you said Griezman is better than Aguero.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:24am On Aug 24, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

No u guys both have it wrong u can't compare Ibra and Iniesta they are like apples and oranges. They both can never do what the other does.
While a like for like comparison is foolishness, I believe you can compare their overall play and see who has had more impact. Buffon and Obafemi Martins do not play in the same position, but it's visible to the blind that Buffon has made a greater impact on the game.

Therefore for a man to say Iniesta, who led Spain to dominate Europe and the World, and was a very pivot engine of the all-conquering Barcelona team, is inferior to Zlatan is travesty. I can't continue that kind of ridiculous discussion.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 6:58am On Aug 24, 2016
joseph1013:
You're trying too hard to be funny. If I don't think Aguero is great, wtf is Griezman. You lots use the word 'great' anyhow.

Let me give you samples of great players in the game. Ronaldo, the Phenomenon, is great. Henry Thierry is great. Raul Gonzalez is great, Del Piero is great. Buffon is great. Pirlo is great. Roberto Carlos is great. Kanu Nwankwo is great.

Show me how Griezman got on that list.

Your standard indeed is quite low. I should have known from the moment you said Griezman is better than Aguero.
Am neither trying to be funny Notting to hard to amuse you, but comparing Greizman at 26,with guys that played into their late 30's,with career spanning over 2decades is a bit ridiculous.
When am talking about him being a great player, am talking about in comparison with players playing active football (his peers).

And YES, he is better than Kun Aguero at least over the last 2 seasons and counting. When Aguero gets nominated for the Uefa team of the year and gets a shot at winning the Balloon dor then we can have an argument on Aguero being better.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:06am On Aug 24, 2016
goldfish80:

At 26 you want greizman to compare with guys that played into their late 30's, isn't that's a bit ridiculous?
When am talking about him being a great player, am talking about players playing active football.

And YES, he is better than Kun Aguero. When Aguero gets nominated for the Uefa team of the year and gets a shot at winning the Balloon dor then we can have an argument on Aguero being better.

And the bolded is exactly is my point. At this stage, he is not fit to tie the laces of the shoes of Ronaldo, the Phenomenon, nor look into the face of the mercurial Zidane. At the moment, he is a good player, not a great player. When he is well into his 30s, we can compare notes.

Stop disrespecting the word, 'Great'. It's reserved for proper legends. SMH
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 7:20am On Aug 24, 2016
joseph1013:

And the bolded is exactly is my point. At this stage, he is not fit to tie the laces of the shoes of Ronaldo, the Phenomenon, nor look into the face of the mercurial Zidane. At the moment, he is a good player, not a great player. When he is well into his 30s, we can compare notes.

Stop disrespecting the word, 'Great'. It's reserved for proper legends. SMH
Greizman is a great player, a great talent,a proper world class player. But he is not yet a legend. I think you're having problems separating the two key words here, Great /legend at least going by your last paragraph.
There is a clear difference between the two words in the context we are throwing them around here bro.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:26am On Aug 24, 2016
goldfish80:

Greizman is a great player, a great talent,a proper world class player. But he is not yet a legend. I think you're having problems separating the two key words here, Great /legend at least going by your last paragraph.
There is a clear difference between the two words in the context we are throwing them around here bro.

You're the one mixing it up. You are the one confusing good for great. Perhaps it's just because your standards are ridiculously low.

Ibrahimovic is a great player, he is also a legend. Thierry Henry was a great player...he is also a legend. Suarez is a great player...he is not a legend YET. See the difference?

Griezman is good...not great. Stop throwing it around anyhow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.