Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,938 members, 7,799,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J (33145 Views)

I Dropped My Presidential Ambition For Buhari — Saraki / I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu / Buhari, Tinubu Drop Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Asoozy: 12:17am On Oct 17, 2014
When confronted with a bad situation, what should your response to it be? Moan over it in hope that it will have an abracadabra moment and change for the better or try and come up with solutions?

Which will you do?

chulla12:

Nobody needs to come up with an alternative before deciding that a situation us bad.

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 17, 2014
Asoozy:
When confronted with a bad situation, what should your response to it be? Moan over it in hope that it will have an abracadabra moment and change for the better or try and come up with solutions?

Which will you do?

My post and the key takeaway from this thread is mostly about identifying a problem.

Because many of us don't know that we have a VERY big one.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Asoozy: 12:32am On Oct 17, 2014
chulla12:

My post and the key takeaway from this thread is mostly about identifying a problem.

Because many of us don't know that we have a VERY big one.

Oh it's for you to identify the problem and for the "foolish youths" to find a solution?

You and all4naija must drink from the same fountain of senility.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 17, 2014
Asoozy:

You just like to admire the childish font of your juvenile drivel don't you?

How hard is it for you to come up with a suggestion or nomination out of over a hundred and fifty million people for a presidential candidate? All you have done in order to hide your secret support for this corrupt government is to dance Azonto around the subject.

Buhari is bad, okay nominate who in your myopic mind, you see as better but oh no, you had to come up with utter gibberish about how the youth are f00lish.

A bl00dy time waster is what you are. You are bereft of any cogent ideas!
Why must it be about Buhari? Don't quote me again you old- corrupt-politic-infested disease! angry lipsrsealed cry cry

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 17, 2014
Asoozy:

You just like to admire the childish font of your juvenile drivel don't you?

How hard is it for you to come up with a suggestion or nomination out of over a hundred and fifty million people for a presidential candidate? All you have done in order to hide your secret support for this corrupt government is to dance Azonto around the subject.

Buhari is bad, okay nominate who in your myopic mind, you see as better but oh no, you had to come up with utter gibberish about how the youth are f00lish.

A bl00dy time waster is what you are. You are bereft of any cogent ideas!
Why must it be about Buhari? Don't quote me again, you old-corrupt-politic-infested disease! angry lipsrsealed cry cry

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 17, 2014
Asoozy:

Oh it's for you to identify the problem and for the "foolish youths" to find a solution?

What is wrong with identifying a problem if there is one? Would you lots rather we keep mute about it or what

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 17, 2014
Asoozy:

Shut it, you Buhari apologist! Go and lick your dying politician butt. Don't preach that nonsense to me here.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by bnovative(m): 12:42am On Oct 17, 2014
OAM4J:

While I also prefer a younger person, I dont think he should be dismissed base on age alone. If he is a good leader that I think he is, he can assemble young viral cabinet members that will reduce the effect of weakness that can be brought about by his age on governance.

True, I agree Buhari is not the ideal or the best candidate, but should the 2015 election be between him and Jonathan, do you think Jonathan is a better choice over Buhari?
We know it's never about performance, it's about power returning to the north. for you, discipline is flogging a man and passing a 100 years sentence without a fair trial. Giving out 80% of ptf's contract to northerners is no corruption .All these are the trademark of saint buhari. The good news is Nigerians have seen him for who he is: a loser.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Asoozy: 12:43am On Oct 17, 2014
all4naija:
Why must it be about Buhari? Don't quote me again you old corrupt politic infested disease! angry lipsrsealed cry cry

If I'm corrupt and Buhari is too the Jonathan must be Saint Michael himself.

You don't want Buhari because he is old and corrupt as you said yet you couldn't come up with that better alternative you rant about.

You're just full of shiatsu!

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Asoozy: 12:45am On Oct 17, 2014
chulla12:

What is wrong with identifying a problem if there is one? Would you lots rather we keep mute about it or what

No, there is nothing wrong with identifying a problem but when you do it is usually because you know that there is a better way. My question was and is: what is that solution?

And guess what? You haven't got any! I think your contemporary was right somewhat when he said you are F00lish.
Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 17, 2014
Asoozy:

If I'm corrupt and Buhari is too the Jonathan must be Saint Michael himself.

You don't want Buhari because he is old and corrupt as you said yet you couldn't come up with that better alternative you rant about.

You're just full of shiatsu!
This is why some Nigerians are seen as only loud without brain. You think you have a point there when you don't. You expect me to point to an individual which is not going to make sense in this regard. The only way we can get that YOUNG individual is through a process in one of my previous post. It means you didn't read the post before replying. That is very bad. To be sincere with you I would rather have unknown youth than have Buhari as president. Buhari looks like somebody who is having Alzheimer condition though!
Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Nobody: 12:53am On Oct 17, 2014
Asoozy:

No, there is nothing wrong with identifying a problem but when you do it is usually because you know that there is a better way. My question was and is: what is that solution?

And guess what? You haven't got any! I think your contemporary was right somewhat when he said you are F00lish.
You have got one solution by prescribing old dictator who is among those who ruined that country to be the president. Dude, you need to start reasoning like intelligent human beings. It is like money burns hole in a pocket! You have no plan for the future, mister!

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Asoozy: 12:56am On Oct 17, 2014
all4naija:

This is why some Nigerians are seen as only loud without brain. You think you have a point there when you don't. You expect me to point to an individual which is not going to make sense in this regard. The only way we can get that YOUNG individual is through a process in one of my previous post. It means you didn't read the post before replying. That is very bad. To be sincere with you I would rather have unknown youth than have Buhari as president. Buhari looks like somebody who is having Alzheimer condition though!

He looks like an Alzheimer's patient but Jonathan is a confirmed terminally ill patient ravaged with the corruption disease. If you don't want either of these two patients then you must be able to come up with at least one better alternative from your teaming population of virile youth but guess what, because your intention is to malign the only opposition to the status quo, you actually do not have any alternative rather you want to throw your toy out of your pram because you know that it is likely to no longer be business as usual.

Your days are numbered. All you bad eggs are gonna cry!

Funny you have been able to malign Buhari with corruption claims even though you cannot point is to any evidence or such. But you gbe not come out to say anything either good or otherwise about the current dispensation.

You are a sorry case!

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 17, 2014
This all4naija dude has problems......You have been asked by asoozy to suggest someone we all dont know who can lead Nigeria......yet you kept publishing Ph.D thesis in the name of responses.

You are so confused

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 17, 2014
Asoozy:

He looks like an Alzheimer's patient but Jonathan is a confirmed terminally ill patient ravaged with the corruption disease. If you don't want either of these two patients then you must be able to come up with at least one better alternative from your teaming population of virile youth but guess what, because your intention is to malign the only opposition to the status quo, you actually do not have any alternative rather you want to throw your toy out of your pram because you know that it is likely to no longer be business as usual.

Your days are numbered. All you bad eggs are gonna cry!

Funny you have been able to malign Buhari with corruption claims even though you cannot point is to any evidence or such. But you gbe not come out to say anything either good or otherwise about the current dispensation.

You are a sorry case!
What are you talking about? I can't make head of your post. Indeed, you seem to be systematically trying to force Buhari on us by doing that with prestidigitation. And, I can easily see your trick. You would bring Jonathan on the same level to claim both of them are not good for the people,as I couldn't point to a particular youth and for that reason Buhari must be accepted. What a way to go with Nigerian politic. I ask you a question before.Must it be about Buhari? Why no a new person we haven't seen on the popular Nigerian political arena? You keep repeating the same old recycled sh*t! I am not going entertain the notion to force Buhari on the people. That is what the party that grants him the presidential candidate right did. Nigeria's youths are doomed for not planning for the future by tackling it headon! Indeed, the young people of Nigeria can't compete on the same level or state with their counterparts from progressing nations. Most of the youths are seen as criminals in the first case due to the setting the past leaders had created in the past and has been pushing the citizens against the wall without any other option than to lead the same corrupt life. Jeez!
Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 17, 2014
soroptimist:
This all4naija dude has problems......You have been asked by asoozy to suggest someone we all dont know who can lead Nigeria......yet you kept publishing Ph.D thesis in the name of responses.

You are so confused
Have you really read my comment to have better idea of what I am driving home at? This is the reason why Africans are seen as unintelligent because they failed to show or exhibit intelligent behavior. That is what we are seeing in those who are asking for Buhari's return to power! That is what Asoozy is trying to force in our throats.

I can't point to a particular person but the process I spelled out before will help us to find that person. That is it below, if you still care to read it:

all4naija:

This is the problem with the youths in Nigeria! They don't even have a focus in the first and wait to be manipulated with past old cancers. It is surprising that there is no competent young person presented by the youths at this point in time. That is a big shame. If I am in the position to make change in that country I would first make a plan to scout through the universities for best candidates and narrow them down to very few, look into their records and how they have tried to influence their candidacy in the university environments(those who belong to fraternity would be dropped). Anybody who resorts to violence will quickly be shown the way out. Then search through the government workers with good reputations and those found wanting with corruption would be dropped immediately. The next search would be through the present generation of Nigerians Diaspora. Those who are performing well in those countries in their various endeavors and their records will be put against those at home. The three categories of candidate would be put to test and their records publicized. The general public would be made to have their say in the process and who they think can qualify to be their candidates from the three groups. At the end there would be only 9 people from each of them and go ahead to create a place for debates on their understanding of democracy and the nation way to progress. A debate would be opened for them which are going to be sponsored by companies and corporations which have to be made to pay for every cost. Any big companies the youth approach that failed to sponsor the program should be boycotted, the products would be rejected and seen as bad for the progress of Nigeria. Then will have three candidates from the each group after the debate. Later on their weaknesses should be presented and their strength against each candidates. From them on the eliminating part will be introduced, the person who succeeds the finalist would be put forward as a candidate for the presidency from an Independent party, which is not existing in the country at the moment. The last candidate would agree to swear an oat of allegiance to the youths and agree to go to jail if he fails to work with all the citizens to developed the nation. He would agree to present to the public on television how the national income is spent regularly.

After the aforementioned processes, the candidate would be presented as a presidential candidate to represent the youths and those who want to move the nation forward.

The youths are the strength of that nation and think they shouldn't relent in finding solution to the failure of that nation by engaging themselves in the democracy and a fair politics.

We can't wait and allow the old dictators come back again with their schemes to ruin the country further and leave the population in poverty and primitiveness. The is no argument we need a great change in that country and it must come from those who would watch the person elected to position and take action to make sure he is focused on developing the nation not matter the condition. We need somebody who can lead, willing to change, who fear the citizens and can be criticized. That has to come through rigorous process as the one I spelled out for an Independent candidacy.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by lacasa: 1:15am On Oct 17, 2014
Good presentation of your opinion.

Younger president wld av been the best

But,

GMB anyday over GEJ

StillBuHari2015

SoHelpUsGOD smiley

4 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Asoozy: 1:24am On Oct 17, 2014
all4naija:
Have you really read my comment to have better idea of what I driving home at? This is the reason why Africans are seen as unintelligent because they failed to show or exhibit intelligent behavior. That is what we are seeing in those who are asking for Buhari's return to power! That is what Asoozy is trying to force on our throat.

I can't point to a particular person but the process I spelled out before will help us to find that person. That is it below, if you still care to read it:

Ain't nobody got time for your gibberish. You vomited it, you gobble it back up. I am very averse to bullsh1t.

In order to have an easy exit you quickly sum me up as wanting you to buy Buhari. Who cares who you vote for so long as you do so with clear conscience without coercion. I unlike you believe greatly in the enshrinement of fundamental human rights and one of those is the freedom of association. The difference between you and I is that I have pitcher my tent with the one I believe is capable of moving Nigeria forward but you, devoid of any candidate is maligning my own choice without you so much as telling us who you think will better serve the nation. I am partaking in the democratic process while you are just here to create discord without any profession of a way forward.

The interesting thing about this whole debate is that while I loathe Jonathan with a passion, I still appreciate the fact that his supporters are coming out to say why they want to vote for him but you on the other hand while having maligned the general have not condemned the current administration. You are just throwing stones from your closet without stating publicly what or who you stand for. It is people like you that ought to be gotten rid of. Opposing a candidate simply on the basis age.

Sick sick and it such a misfortune that you happen to be part if those who call themselves the Nigerian youth because with people like you in the majority the country is definitely doom bound.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Asoozy: 1:30am On Oct 17, 2014
The beauty of democracy is that there are opposing sides and their are choices for the electorate. Forcing a candidate in another is not democratic in nature and I abhor that practise. While I agree that you do not support the general excuse in your small mind he is too old, never minding that he has integrity and a proven track record, all I ask is for you to bring other choices to our notice. Who know? Maybe I'll actually agree with your choice and see that there can be an alternative but rather you will just chat sh1t with pût any real prospects. You are just here to frustrate the process you have nos fresh ideas.

You are just a cantankerous human specie. At least I hope you're human.

all4naija:
What are you talking about? I can't make head of your post. Indeed, you seem to be systematically trying to force Buhari on us by doing that with prestidigitation. And, I can easily see your trick. You would bring Jonathan on the same level to claim both of them are not good for the people,as I couldn't point to a particular youth and for that reason Buhari must be accepted. What a way to go with Nigerian politic. I ask you a question before.Must it be about Buhari? Why no a new person we haven't seen on the popular Nigerian political arena? You keep repeating the same old recycled sh*t! I am not going entertain the notion to force Buhari on the people. That is what the party that grants him the presidential candidate right did. Nigeria's youths are doomed for not planning for the future by tackling it headon! Indeed, the young people of Nigeria can't compete on the same level or state with their counterparts from progressing nations. Most of the youths are seen as criminals in the first case due to the setting the past leaders had created in the past and has been pushing the citizens against the wall without any other option than to lead the same corrupt life. Jeez!
Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Nobody: 2:10am On Oct 17, 2014
Asoozy:

Ain't nobody got time for your gibberish. You vomited it, you gobble it back up. I am very averse to bullsh1t.

In order to have an easy exit you quickly sum me up as wanting you to buy Buhari. Who cares who you vote for so long as you do so with clear conscience without coercion. I unlike you believe greatly in the enshrinement of fundamental human rights and one of those is the freedom of association. The difference between you and I is that I have pitcher my tent with the one I believe is capable of moving Nigeria forward but you, devoid of any candidate is maligning my own choice without you so much as telling us who you think will better serve the nation. I am partaking in the democratic process while you are just here to create discord without any profession of a way forward.

The interesting thing about this whole debate is that while I loathe Jonathan with a passion, I still appreciate the fact that his supporters are coming out to say why they want to vote for him but you on the other hand while having maligned the general have not condemned the current administration. You are just throwing stones from your closet without stating publicly what or who you stand for. It is people like you that ought to be gotten rid of. Opposing a candidate simply on the basis age.

Sick sick and it such a misfortune that you happen to be part if those who call themselves the Nigerian youth because with people like you in the majority the country is definitely doom bound.
You smear sh*t to me! We need to be very careful and wary of a young person like you. You really want to damage that country further, you canker worm!

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Nobody: 2:15am On Oct 17, 2014
Asoozy:
The beauty of democracy is that there are opposing sides and their are choices for the electorate. Forcing a candidate in another is not democratic in nature and I abhor that practise. While I agree that you do not support the general excuse in your small mind he is too old, never minding that he has integrity and a proven track record, all I ask is for you to bring other choices to our notice. Who know? Maybe I'll actually agree with your choice and see that there can be an alternative but rather you will just chat sh1t with pût any real prospects. You are just here to frustrate the process you have nos fresh ideas.

You are moving in circumlocution without making sense. All you expect is to accept your Alzheimer patient and past dictator for that matter as presidential candidate. Please, I am not blind not to see you are for the failure of that country. Backward country indeed!

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Demdem(m): 6:05am On Oct 17, 2014
debosky:
Buhari is too old to be realistically considering the presidency. We've been there and done that with the 'he was a good military president' experiment - see Obasanjo.

I am not impressed one bit by the messianic qualities some of you attribute to him - he will be able to 'face' the cabals eh? You think this is the 1980s under a military government where you can summarily lock up anyone you don't like? If Buhari is so great why has he - 30 years after leaving office - been unable to raise up a protege? Why is it all about his individual qualities?

I repeat - we can do much, much better. The fact that Buhari got 12m votes in 2011 is not even close to sufficient reason to choose him if your aim is to defeat Goodluck. Those votes were largely religious/tribal based - what is appealing about that to the rest of the country?

GEJ - warts and all, was a change from what we had previously in ex-military presidents/their family members. He has failed in my view, but that is no reason to resort to an 80 year old man who has woefully lost each and every election he has contested in, his integrity credentials not withstanding.

I don't want to live like it's 1985 in 2015 - do you?

Good. Now give us specific names ( 1 or 2 should be OK) that has the potential to defeat the current curse in aso rock and his rigging machinery.
Realistic names that are ready to run for elections.
Let's consider ur examples.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by ba7man(m): 6:27am On Oct 17, 2014
whitecat1:
What about "I don't give a damn" which we already know considering the level of corruption in his government, his body language and the people around him but, for it to come out of his mouth on national TV Who knows what else he's saying behind closed doors Planning how to destroy Nigeria? Let him get the moving van and get out Aso rock. He's not going to drink gari, he's the 6th richest president in Africa with at least $120m, thousands of shoes, cars, yachts, jets and all great things life has to offer.
With the so called transformation in the power sector by him, I experience more power failure than ever nowadays.

After. Almost 6yrs and increase in fuel prices, is this the transformation they boast about There are generators bursting my brain at the moment.

I wonder what part of nigeria the TANdroids live and how wretched their lives must be for this to be their best experience ever in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Gbawe: 6:41am On Oct 17, 2014
Asoozy:

Bro, stop wasting your time with theat oompa loompa. Everyone can fully appreciate he is only dedicated to talking because he likes the sound of his own voice and not because he has anything sensible to say.
Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Valentinooo: 6:48am On Oct 17, 2014
chulla12:

Nobody needs to come up with an alternative before deciding that a situation us bad.

we know the situation is bad, so who do you suggest we use? Who knows your suggestion might pick my interest because i don't have a candidate in mind right now.
Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by abacus(m): 6:50am On Oct 17, 2014
debosky:
Electing Buhari would be retrogressive, even with all of GEJ's failings I would not support an ageing man whose only claim to credibility is 'integrity' from way back in the early-mid 80's when probably half the Nigerians alive right now were not even born.

I don't really doubt his integrity, but clearly we need far more than just integrity at this moment. Buhari's utterances on violence in the North are not exactly palatable (albeit blown out of proportion by the PDP). Nonetheless he is not a suitable candidate - he is from a different era and should be mentoring younger candidates.

I think we can do much, much, better.

Let me end on a light note with something I observed here on Nairaland and other social media; anytime Buhari’s name is mentioned I see PDP supporters and Jonathanians suddenly become special consultants/advisers for the oppositions on how to choose the best presidential candidate. They will suggest 'better' candidates, analyse how Buhari is unelectable and how Buhari’s candidacy means easy passage for Jonathan. But IMO, I think they are afraid of Buhari. If they are sure Buhari is a walk-over for Jonathan, they will be encouraging the opposition to field him rather than advising them to choose another.

Oga read the quote again.

We never finish talk, what we said is happening (A ti ko ifa nle, ifa ti n se).
Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Gbawe: 6:51am On Oct 17, 2014
ba7man:
With the so called transformation in the power sector by him, I experience more power failure than ever nowadays.

After. Almost 6yrs and increase in fuel prices, is this the transformation they boast about There are generators bursting my brain at the moment.

I wonder what part of nigeria the TANdroids live and how wretched their lives must be for this to be their best experience ever in Nigeria.

My brother, there was no transformation. Scams disguised as "transformation" is all that the ultra-corrupt GEJ, highly profligate and ridiculously materialistic GEJ is capable of delivering. The power sector "privatisation" is crony capitalism in reality. This is all an anti-people and materialistic pro-elite leader like GEJ is capable of delivering. GEJ, unlike Buhari, is not a friend or servant of ordinary Nigerians. He hates them. He is a pal of criminals, militants, AGIPs, cabals, "those who carry guns" (Rev.Ugolor) and the ruinous hands that have destroyed Nigeria over decades. His actions/inaction shows a firm commitment to helping those enemies of progress loot Nigeria continuously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crony_capitalism

Crony capitalism is a term describing an economy in which success in business depends on close relationships between business people and government officials. It may be exhibited by favoritism in the distribution of legal permits, government grants, special tax breaks, or other forms of state interventionism

Crony capitalism is believed to arise when business cronyism and related self-serving behavior by businesses or businesspeople spills over into politics and government,[3] or when self-serving friendships and family ties between businessmen and the government influence the economy and society to the extent that it corrupts public-serving economic and political ideals.

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by debosky(m): 7:00am On Oct 17, 2014
Demdem:

Good. Now give us specific names ( 1 or 2 should be OK) that has the potential to defeat the current curse in aso rock and his rigging machinery.
Realistic names that are ready to run for elections.
Let's consider ur examples.

There are numerous other candidates in the APC - the key is for the party (including Buhari) to rally round and raise votes for whoever the party selects as its flag bearer. This thread isn't about floating other potential candidates.

That's the main problem many of you fail to grasp - you think an individual's vote pulling ability is the key to winning. Despite Buhari's personal popularity he has lost each and every election he has contested. That should give you food for thought.

The PDP doesn't win elections because of it's candidates' overwhelming popularity, they win because they can mobilise the electorate across the country not just in certain corners of the North. That is what any serious APC candidate will need to do.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Valentinooo: 7:06am On Oct 17, 2014
We are all here for the betterment of this country. If someone brings a candidate and you feel is not good enough for the position, reject him with reasons and suggest who you think will do better. You don't need to abuse others to drive your points. Let's leave sentiments and tribalism outta this because those two things have been with us for long and they don't seem to take us anywhere.

IMO, If it is two brothers irrespective of where they come from that can take us to the promise land I will gladly vote for them.
Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by abacus(m): 7:11am On Oct 17, 2014
bnovative:

We know it's never about performance, it's about power returning to the north. for you, discipline is flogging a man and passing a 100 years sentence without a fair trial. Giving out 80% of ptf's contract to northerners is no corruption .All these are the trademark of saint buhari. The good news is Nigerians have seen him for who he is: a loser.

And you expect the north to vote for your southern candidate?
Re: My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J by Gbawe: 7:16am On Oct 17, 2014
debosky:

There are numerous other candidates in the APC - the key is for the party (including Buhari) to rally round and raise votes for whoever the party selects as its flag bearer. This thread isn't about floating other potential candidates.

That's the main problem many of you fail to grasp - you think an individual's vote pulling ability is the key to winning. Despite Buhari's personal popularity he has lost each and every election he has contested. That should give you food for thought.

The PDP doesn't win elections because of it's candidates' overwhelming popularity, they win because they can mobilise the electorate across the country not just in certain corners of the North. That is what any serious APC candidate will need to do.

It is obvious you have a problem with Buhari and are simply doing all that is possible to make the crime fit the man but the part in bold is clearly ridiculous and patronising of the intelligence of Nairalanders. Do you know the conditions Buhari contested under in the past and the real state of of affairs then? Are things the same today?

So as we do not draw this out too long, can I ask if you know what obtains in many nations of the world with two very strong political Parties competing against each other always like the USA, UK and even Ghana next door to us? Power tends to swing easily between those two Parties when the electorate is dissatisfied with the performance of the ruling Party.

When, since Buhari has been contesting and losing elections, has Nigeria had two very strong Parties competing against each other? Has it not been the big-for-nothing PDP monopolising power and rigging elections since 1999 because other Parties were simply too little, too poor, too disunited and inconsequential to give them a proper fight? Dude, when you do not even recognise the ultra-pivotal point I have made above for yourself, and continue only to focus on Buhari's past election losses in total disregard for how the political climate of Nigeria is vastly different today to what it was even in 2011, then I do not think anyone needs to give you even more salient reason (and there are many) why the Buhari who lost elections in the past is now the same man capable of securing a landslide victory against the PDP. Your bias against Buhari is the sort that clouds objective reasoning and ignores/disregards reality. Buhari's vote-winning ability is indeed key if managed properly by an opposition Party that is now vastly more powerful, more influential and a great deal more sagacious than anything else Nigeria has had in the past since our current democracy began in 1999.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Attacks Vanguard Newspaper Over Poor Headline "Bad Journalism" / Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? / Olisa Metuh And Yerima The Bail Differences - Just Check This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.