Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days (3979 Views)

Anambra State University Exam Questions For Final Year Students / Two Final Year Students Of UNIABUJA Got Engaged At A Departmental Dinner ( PHOTO / 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by oluwadanie1(m): 11:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
http://acadablog.com/6-unizik-final-year-students-others-die-within-30-days/

Something out of the ordinary may be afoot at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK), Awka, Anambra State, where students are dying at an alarming rate.

Between September 13th and October 11th, no fewer than seven UNIZIK students have died from a number of causes, including accident and brief illnesses.

Of this disturbing number, six are final year students who have written their final exams and can be called graduates, pending the outcome of their examinations and projects.

Victor Abia, who had just concluded his final papers as a final year student of the Department of Zoology, died on Saturday 13th September 2014. Abia, a singer, dancer and blogger,was reportedly  knocked down by a vehicle. Student Pulse gathered that he had gone to purchase gifts to celebrate the conclusion of his degree exams.

On the 11th of October to be precise, Onuorah Chinazom, a final year student of the Department of Psychology died.

Ngananga Chimezie Joseph, 600 level students of the Department of Statistics (C.E.P) died on the 9th of October 2014 after a brief illness.

Obi Queen, a final year student of The Faculty of Law, died on the 19th of August 2014 after a brief illness.

Oguiji Rita and Deborah (no known last name), both final year students of the Department of Cooperative Economics, died in October after concluding their final exams.

Student Pulse gathered that, apart from these six finalists, there have been other student deaths at UNIZIK.

Raymond Ebuka Raymond, a 200 level Medical Laboratory Science student about to enter his third year, who died in October.

The obituaries, posted on the UNIZIK Facebook community page, elicited various disturbing comments from students of the institution.

As is expected, they are afraid.

“Wat is happening to zikite’s finalists? I will successfully fnsh my skulling there, serve my country and move forward in life in JESUS mighty name AMEN.R:I.P d deseized,” one of the students, Favor Ifeoma Ekedum commented.

It is high time something is done about this bizarre and unfortunate development.

1 Share

Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by AyLuxury(m): 11:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
Sad mehn
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by geedot: 11:33pm On Oct 16, 2014
Very sad.. Btw, what's the pic for?
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by asandigbo(f): 12:04am On Oct 17, 2014
Oh, God pls take control.
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by menix(m): 12:52am On Oct 17, 2014
geedot:
Very sad.. Btw, what's the pic for?
Nah market,,,
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by ayobase(m): 5:20am On Oct 17, 2014
these were not just mere coincidences.

I did hear things while still in school....Higher Institutions are just like Hospitals.......some occultic lecturers and doctors making donations since 100000BC.

may the Souls rest in peace and may God grant the parents the strength to bear the loss.

final year student.....what an investment gone down the drain.
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by Nutase: 6:47am On Oct 17, 2014
Africans

1 Like

Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by fr3do(m): 7:42am On Oct 17, 2014
Nutase:
Africans

Non Africans wannabe

2 Likes

Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by Ezennaemeka1(m): 8:04am On Oct 17, 2014
This Is really disturbing. It is not the first time. I could remember that we lost 2 students in my faculty the same day in auto accident when they were travelling home for their first semester holiday.
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by Ezennaemeka1(m): 8:04am On Oct 17, 2014
This Is really disturbing. It is not the first time. I could remember that we lost 2 students in my faculty the same day in auto accident when they were travelling home for their first semester holiday.
#Godprotectus
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by Lilimax(f): 8:07am On Oct 17, 2014
Death is inevitable however, we should return to God the giver of life and hold Him tight.
No need to fear or worry about death.

Shalom! smiley
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by rattlesnake(m): 8:25am On Oct 17, 2014
Is that the girl killing dem ni

Well Except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God

1 Like

Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by Ezennaemeka1(m): 9:10am On Oct 17, 2014
rattlesnake:

Her name is Queen. she also lost her life. She leaves in my friend's lodge.
Rip to her.
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by UIA04(f): 9:19am On Oct 17, 2014
Third fire outbreak in unilag in less than a week yesterday nawa o
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by Techwriter: 9:23am On Oct 17, 2014
It's not new. When I was in UNIZIK way back in the late 90s students and lecturers from my department (Geology) were just dying like flies in a particular period that the department (lecturers and students) had to organize a prayer session specially for that.

My advice is give your life to Christ and no shrine would be able to accept your blood because the blood that will be speaking on your behalf will be the powerful to be countered. And even if by chance you lost your guard, at least you will know where you're going.
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 17, 2014
Na Wao oo! It's really a sad news. May their souls rest in peace. Amen
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by Donfamous(m): 10:14am On Oct 17, 2014
Just wondering d condition their parents will be by now!
A Ni Fi oju sukun omo o
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by Princecalm(m): 10:27am On Oct 17, 2014
The gods must be appeased
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by ebukaOtika(m): 10:42am On Oct 17, 2014
rattlesnake:

The Op never said they were not *Born Again. You see why i say some pastors Kill there Members buy this Born Again ish,,.,,,, Who you dey form Holy Holy for ? As if you no go die ,,,, mtcheeeew
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by Zonacom(m): 11:41am On Oct 17, 2014
RIP to the dead.
Was present at the service of songs organized for the late Victor Abia by his classmates. Learnt that the guy was the first born of his parents. Can't just imagine how bad the parents are feeling now.
May God grant the relatives and friends of the dead the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by iheanyi40(m): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2014
Ehya RIP to em
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by oluwadanie1(m): 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
Donfamous:
Just wondering d condition their parents will be by now!
A Ni Fi oju sukun omo o

Amin oooo
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by oluwadanie1(m): 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
Princecalm:
The gods must be appeased

Whch of the gods
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by oluwadanie1(m): 12:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
UIA04:
Third fire outbreak in unilag in less than a week yesterday nawa o
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2014
Lord Have Mercy!
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by priscaoge(f): 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2014
shocked shocked shocked This is really disturbing angry angry

May their souls RIP
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by MadCow1: 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
Question for the Gods...

cool

Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by Lordlexyy: 1:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
ebukaOtika:

The Op never said they were not *Born Again. You see why i say some pastors Kill there Members buy this Born Again ish,,.,,,, Who you dey form Holy Holy for ? As if you no go die ,,,, mtcheeeew
The guy is only trying to sound a note of warning to the living to embrace CHRIST to be on a safer side whether life or dead.
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by Harmvirus(f): 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2014
This is really sad. I pity their parents..after so much expenses..may God give them the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by oluwadanie1(m): 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
Lordlexyy:
The guy is only trying to sound a note of warning to the living to embrace CHRIST to be on a safer side whether life or dead.
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by oluwadanie1(m): 2:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
Zonacom:
RIP to the dead.
Was present at the service of songs organized for the late Victor Abia by his classmates. Learnt that the guy was the first born of his parents. Can't just imagine how bad the parents are feeling now.
May God grant the relatives and friends of the dead the fortitude to bear the loss.

Amen oooo
Re: 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days by DukeNija(m): 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2014
Lilimax:
Death is inevitable however, we should return to God the giver of life and hold Him tight.
No need to fear or worry about death.

Shalom! smiley

Pastor Lilimax

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

About & History of West African Examinations Council (WAEC) - 2017/2018/2019 / (photo) What Happens When You Use Your School Fees For Ultimate Cycler. / Safe And Unsafe Period In D Menstral Circle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.