Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (183008 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by OmolodMilkman93(m): 1:06am On Jan 09, 2015
moonraker:
Corei7 4700qm 2.40ghz turbo boost 3.50ghz

16gb

Nvidia GTX 770M

msata 256gb
Now we are talking but bro, are you in Naija here?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by OmolodMilkman93(m): 1:07am On Jan 09, 2015
KingMEXX:
Been 3 Months I started using this Lil Monster..Have had no much serious problems
Every game I've played on it was smooth thanks to the Nvidia GeForce 840M with a 2gb dedicated Memory ...except for the old games that required a windows 7 to operate..Those ones didn't even install sef

Windows 8.1 is still slightly unstable on the PC. I update the windows almost everyday. Buh its still good enough

My battery is amazing, no wonder the PC is called "Energy Star"...It can last up to 5hrs on menial tasks buh it averages 4hrs when carrying out tasks..Graphic Intensive games guzzle the battery that it lasts roughly an hour when playing such games like Medal of honor, Fifa 14 etc sad

The video playback is pretty enjoyable due to the beats by dre speakers. Tbh I don't really need Sound systems to blast songs unless its a party wink Buh that's all about the Video playback.. the VLC crashes almost frequently and sometimes, the computer freezes while watching a movie and I have to do a hard restart.. I think it's due to the VLC media player. These days, I use the Beats Video player that came with the PC, and everything has been smooth.

Due to the 1.7ghz processor of the PC, it is a bit slow to resume work after booting it up. But its not bad though, I haven't had to use the booster when playing games.

Well, this is 3months of use...I think it is worth the price..oh btw, I called this my little monster that could, Absoluto bestia grin
Specs bro...

Mine is Beats by Dre too and the difference is always so clear from normal speakers

Is your battery 9cells?

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by moonraker(m): 3:06am On Jan 09, 2015
OmolodMilkman93:
Now we are talking but bro, are you in Naija here?

take a wild guess! wink
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Binael: 8:39am On Jan 09, 2015
moonraker:

Whats your GPU model?

Also your processor will bottleneck your gaming...

So in real sense, Nope.
I thought that the i5 will have some features that will make up 4 the low speed. thanks a lot,but I will try installing it.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:14am On Jan 09, 2015
moonraker:

What kind of games do you play??

Also graphics card isnt wddm 1.2 compatible which is the standard when using windows 8.
Uhm...so wah do I do?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by OmolodMilkman93(m): 11:37am On Jan 09, 2015
moonraker:

take a wild guess! wink
Definitely not Nigeria
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by moonraker(m): 2:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
Binael:
I thought that the i5 will have some features that will make up 4 the low speed. thanks a lot,but I will try installing it.

i7 does. not i5.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by moonraker(m): 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
liveLongNprospa:

Uhm...so wah do I do?

install the windows 7 driver version of your graphics card. you should be able to get by.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2015
1700 is worth it considering the specs. Pls could you check out the Lenovo Y50 and let me know what u think
moonraker:

Sure.

1700usd
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
16 hrs? Dats some insane battery Yo
OmolodMilkman93:
Specs bro...

Mine is Beats by Dre too and the difference is always so clear from normal speakers

Is your battery 9cells?

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by moonraker(m): 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
1700 is worth it considering the specs. Pls could you check out the Lenovo Y50 and let me know what u think

That is a very good machine. however, it is important that you list out what u want in a computer or what you want to be able to do with

that said computer....Before i bought mine, the y50 was on my radar. However the lack of optical drive and reviews talking about how bad

the screen is, quenched that idea.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:47am On Jan 11, 2015
moonraker:

That is a very good machine. however, it is important that you list out what u want in a computer or what you want to be able to do with
that said computer....Before i bought mine, the y50 was on my radar. However the lack of optical drive and reviews talking about how bad
the screen is, quenched that idea.
I dont mind the lack of the optical drive. I hardly use the one on my current laptop. And as for the screen its in HD 1920x1080 so i dont mind. And besides what i want from a PC is just to be able to play games with good visual qualities and at acceptable frames per second. And since we cant find good parts to build PCs over here, we have to look for the best laptops our pockets can afford
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by moonraker(m): 4:32am On Jan 11, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I dont mind the lack of the optical drive. I hardly use the one on my current laptop. And as for the screen its in HD 1920x1080 so i dont mind. And besides what i want from a PC is just to be able to play games with good visual qualities and at acceptable frames per second. And since we cant find good parts to build PCs over here, we have to look for the best laptops our pockets can afford

There you go then.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hey guys, does anyone have contact details for someone who can help me build a gaming PC?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 11:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
moonraker:

Whats your GPU model?

So in real sense, Nope.

i was gonna say dat isnt necessarily true...but then i realised it myt be the dual core version....so u r ryt.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:40am On Jan 12, 2015
nifie:
Hey guys, does anyone have contact details for someone who can help me build a gaming PC?
If u want to build a proper gaming PC in Nigeria here just forget about it and dont bother yourself
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 7:10am On Jan 14, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
If u want to build a proper gaming PC in Nigeria here just forget about it and dont bother yourself

lol it really is dat bad?

edit: jux chked olx nigeria to see if i cud find a gpu atleast..not a single thing...and i tot our situation was bad...urs is worse.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by wkid(m): 9:28am On Jan 14, 2015
GTA V delayed to March 24th
System Requirements released.

Grand Theft Auto V PC System specifications:

Minimum:
Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows
Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video
card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @
2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-
Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD
4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB

Recommended:
Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4
CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD
HD7870 2GB
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:42am On Jan 15, 2015
kimco:

lol it really is dat bad?

edit: jux chked olx nigeria to see if i cud find a gpu atleast..not a single thing...and i tot our situation was bad...urs is worse.
Lool! U guys ve it way better over there bro.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:48am On Jan 15, 2015
wkid:
GTA V delayed to March 24th
System Requirements released.

Grand Theft Auto V PC System specifications:

Minimum:
Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows
Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video
card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @
2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-
Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD
4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)

Recommended:
Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4
CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD
HD7870 2GB
I really dont get why its taking them so long with this game on PC! sad
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 3:39am On Jan 15, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I really dont get why its taking them so long with this game on PC! sad

Cud be two things...

1. They still want to sell a few more on the consoles before it hits pcs.

2. Optimisation...we all know how gta 4 turned out...release in 2008 yet required an core I series cpu to run it 60fps...games during that tym all run well on dual cores even.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 3:44am On Jan 15, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Lool! U guys ve it way better over there bro.

This is bad...I mean don't any computer "nerd" do cyber fraud over there so he cud purchase lots of these things into the country and sell dem for cheap? The market is dere. I'm not recommending cyber fraud...but as of now... It sound likes a few gud solutions. Also there shud be some at the habour with the cards that come with desktops. If not then hmmmmm.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Binael: 1:35pm On Jan 17, 2015
moonraker:

Whats your GPU model?

So in real sense, Nope.
gpu is NVidia gforce 2gb.........I downloaded the game.it played but dy show signs of lagging...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
kimco:

This is bad...I mean don't any computer "nerd" do cyber fraud over there so he cud purchase lots of these things into the country and sell dem for cheap? The market is dere. I'm not recommending cyber fraud...but as of now... It sound likes a few gud solutions. Also there shud be some at the habour with the cards that come with desktops. If not then hmmmmm.

We actually need sellers who are also enthusiasts. Most computer hardware sellers are biased towards laptop sales because laptops sell more than desktops, and desktop components. The sellers don't care about GPUs and the like because they are not in high demand.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
kenomobola:

We actually need sellers who are also enthusiasts. Most computer hardware sellers are biased towards laptop sales because laptops sell more than desktops, and desktop components. The sellers don't care about GPUs and the like because they are not in high demand.
Maybe if their were more gamers in Nigeria...more PC gamers to be precise...who actually know about PC gaming and are into building PCs, then just maybe we could see a change in the PC hardware market
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2015
isnt the demand there? obviously the money grabbing guys aren't importing anything. look even in gh it's the young ethusiasts who used to cyber fraud dat are selling these cards on our online trade stores. not the big stores....none.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 9:40am On Jan 21, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Maybe if their were more gamers in Nigeria...more PC gamers to be precise...who actually know about PC gaming and are into building PCs, then just maybe we could see a change in the PC hardware market

True talk. It's actually easier to buy a console, buy a TV, and start gaming; but it takes passion, dedication, and patience to game on a PC.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ib4real95(m): 1:07pm On Feb 09, 2015
KingMEXX:
My PC is finally up and running and I decided to install an old PES 2013 disk from my friend since I am yet to go Game shopping... Buh the PES 2013 keeps saying that my Video card doesn't meet up whenever i try to start the gane but I have a Nvidia 840M 2gb Dedicated Memory.. Am a bit confused atm. Any help guys?
Pls hw much did u get ur system?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by activefibre1(m): 2:27pm On Feb 18, 2015
dasdexter:
gaming on hp pav g6
Amd a6-2.7ghz
Amd 7670m gpu(1gb vram)
6gb ram
Games played
d new DMC(devil may cry)
Sleeping dogs
Splinter cell blacklist & conviction
Batman arkham city & currently playing origins
Battlefield 4(takes time to boot game, but once booted, its completely lag free)
NFS the run,
& some other cool games
how can i get your games on my g6?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.