Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,159 members, 7,780,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:59 AM

Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form (69421 Views)

Why Buhari Took His Son, Yusuf On The Official US Trip – Presidency / 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP / How Detrot Bomber Father Paid For General Buhari Apc Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by Babaji111(m): 8:25am On Oct 18, 2014
Don't worry your Excellency someone will pay back the loan for you immediately after 2015 elections. Carry Go GMB, all the good ones are behind you and GOD the Al-Mighty knows your good intentions (despite castigations). He will surely lead you to success very soon.
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by josite: 9:24am On Oct 18, 2014
even the whole north will not vote for buhari.
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by bigiyaro(m): 10:20am On Oct 18, 2014
How is he going to pay back the loan? And the yeye bank still went ahead and gave him the loan, knowing fully well that he will not like to break his losser record. 3
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by zurine(f): 10:39am On Oct 18, 2014
story for the gods
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by fsmedia: 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2014
As he will loose again if God does not want him to be our president, where and how will he repay the loan?
If this story is true anyway.
God save us.
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
How I wish everyone gets the president they personally voted for so those of us that vote Buhari can be ruled by Buhari and those that vote PDP can be ruled by PDP for ever.
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by teufelein(f): 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
6 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Buhari Like Ebola Virus

1. Violence

He makes provocative statements that are capable of putting the country in crisis. This attitude caused the death of hundreds of innocent lives after the 2011 elections where about 10 youth corps were also murdered in cold blood. 2015 is not here, but he has already promised "dogs and baboon..." Compare this with the US election where Romney wasted no time to congratulate Pres. Obama or the Australian election where the incumbent, Rudd lost and quickly congratulated Abbott. A great leader should always place national interest above personal ambition.

2. Bigotry

He's intolerant of any idea other than his own, especially on religion, politics, or race. No wonder he doesn't criticize anything that concerns his religion, no matter how bad. Hence, his obvious sympathy to B'Haram. A good leader should have listening ears, take a stand on what is good but also allow people to air their views and be entitled to their opinions.

3. Principle

He's not a man of principle, that is why he has been jumping from one party to another, even aligning with known corrupt elements in the hope of actualizing his presidential ambition. Great leaders don't do this. They always stick with like-minds, no matter the situation.

4. Lack of Democratic Features

Though, his admirers want us to believe that he was invited to lead after the coup but the fact is that he wasn't the most senior office at that time. Nevertheless, we've not forgotten the obnoxious Decree 4 - against which truth was no defence. He used this to jail journalists and attempt to cow the whole media. He did not also make any plan to organize election and handover to a democratic govt.

5. Tribalism

The lopsided execution of PTF projects which was 74% and 26% (according to PTF Situation Report, Vol 2, 98) in the north and south respectively showed his tribalistic nature. The dumping of Dr. Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri maximum prison and Shagari placed under house arrest was beyond tribalism.

6. His 2-year reign as a Head of State left no legacy

Buhari's 2-year iron-fist rule left no legacy in Nigeria. There is nothing we can point at now that was established by his govt. Or should we call the cancellation of Lagos monorail as his legacy after-all Nigeria till date has no monorail?

Lets end this part 1 with the quote of October 4, 2010: "Buhari is perpetually un-electable because of his insensitivity to Nigeria’s diversity and his parochial focus are already well-known." - Mallam Nasir el-Rufai

1 Like

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by honeric01(m): 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2014
IdiAmin1:
There are cheap lies I can't accept. How can a sane bank grant loan to buhari knowing fully well he is on a wild goose chase again just like he's been since 2003. Banks are smarter than that except they are targetting to inherit a huge collateral and I can vividly remember that the general once said he has no property anywhere. Also APC seperating men from boys means they uphold money at the expense of quality leadership. With that statement from the party chairman, APC has just murdered democracy and should be ignored by any meaningful and patriotic Nigerian. My thoughts though undecided

Can you take a loan on the phone? especially N27M?

"Whether I am on a red, green or black, please honour it", do you think this indicates a loan or does it not sound like someone issuing out a check but not sure if his account balance can cover for the amount on the check?
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2014
waternogetenemy:
Loan? lmao!

A beggar wants to be president? How exactly does Buhari intend to govern Nigeria via loan?

GEJ till 2019

Fool where were u in the "i have no shoes era"
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by honeric01(m): 7:49pm On Oct 18, 2014
teufelein:
6 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Buhari Like Ebola Virus

1. Violence

He makes provocative statements that are capable of putting the country in crisis. This attitude caused the death of hundreds of innocent lives after the 2011 elections where about 10 youth corps were also murdered in cold blood. 2015 is not here, but he has already promised "dogs and baboon..." Compare this with the US election where Romney wasted no time to congratulate Pres. Obama or the Australian election where the incumbent, Rudd lost and quickly congratulated Abbott. A great leader should always place national interest above personal ambition.

2. Bigotry

He's intolerant of any idea other than his own, especially on religion, politics, or race. No wonder he doesn't criticize anything that concerns his religion, no matter how bad. Hence, his obvious sympathy to B'Haram. A good leader should have listening ears, take a stand on what is good but also allow people to air their views and be entitled to their opinions.

3. Principle

He's not a man of principle, that is why he has been jumping from one party to another, even aligning with known corrupt elements in the hope of actualizing his presidential ambition. Great leaders don't do this. They always stick with like-minds, no matter the situation.

4. Lack of Democratic Features

Though, his admirers want us to believe that he was invited to lead after the coup but the fact is that he wasn't the most senior office at that time. Nevertheless, we've not forgotten the obnoxious Decree 4 - against which truth was no defence. He used this to jail journalists and attempt to cow the whole media. He did not also make any plan to organize election and handover to a democratic govt.

5. Tribalism

The lopsided execution of PTF projects which was 74% and 26% (according to PTF Situation Report, Vol 2, 98) in the north and south respectively showed his tribalistic nature. The dumping of Dr. Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri maximum prison and Shagari placed under house arrest was beyond tribalism.

6. His 2-year reign as a Head of State left no legacy

Buhari's 2-year iron-fist rule left no legacy in Nigeria. There is nothing we can point at now that was established by his govt. Or should we call the cancellation of Lagos monorail as his legacy after-all Nigeria till date has no monorail?

Lets end this part 1 with the quote of October 4, 2010: "Buhari is perpetually un-electable because of his insensitivity to Nigeria’s diversity and his parochial focus are already well-known." - Mallam Nasir el-Rufai

No matter how many times you and your likes keep duplicating lies against this man, it will never become truth.

[b]
GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI

ECONOMY
Inherited a dwindling economy,
1. Paid of $50m loan within few days of assumption and cleared the country's debt
2. Reduced Inflation from 23% to 3.21% within 20months.
3. Nigeria's GDP by Purchasing Power Parity was $941.2, it Grew by 8.56 %
3. Refused to devalue the Naira
4. curbing imports of needless goods, curtailing oil theft and using counter trade policy to barter seized illegally bunkered crude oil for needful goods like machineries, enabling it to export above its OPEC quota.
5. Under Buhari, Hoarded Goods were Sold at prices below market.

CORRUPTION:
1. Senator Sabo Bakin Zuwo, The Civilian Governor of Kano State was jailed for 300Years because $4.5 million was said to be found "stacked up" in Zuwo's home when it was searched by the new military government. He died in 1989
2. Vice President Alex Ekwueme was jailed of corruption. Stockpiles of money ranged from $56,000 found at his home
3. Fmr Bendel Governor Ambrose Alli was jailed for 100years for misappropriating funds belonging to Bendel State to the tune of N983,000. The Money was meant for road project but he donated it to his Party. He was later freed when Sir Gabriel Igbenedion paid fine to the Government.
4. A total of 4000 exGovernment officials submitted themselves to be tried for Corruption.Over 600 were Jailed Convicted and Jailed.
5. Many High profile Government officials, Businessmen, foreigners were jailed for one corrupt practice or the other.
6. Political office Holders, Businessmen, Contractors, civil servants and many others shunned corruption like a Plague

INSURGENCY
1. Maitatsine Group founded by Maitatsine Marwa, a Koranic scholar, rejected the hadith and the sunnah and regarded the reading of any other book but the Koran as paganism raised its head in 1979 during the Administration of President Shehu Shagari after he was contained by the Murtala and Obasanjo Administrations. Maitatsine spoke against the use of radios, watches, bicycles, cars and the possession of more money than necessary. Churches, Market, Police Formations, Government buildings etc was attacked leaving over FIVE thousand dead btw 1979 and 1981 (including Maitatsine).The Group moved to Kano, Borno, Kaduna, Gombe and environs. Over 4,000 people died(65% were insurgents). Buhari Crushed the Insurgency COMPLETELY within 16months. The 2i/c fled to Cameroon and was arrested in 2004.

OTHER SECURITY
1. There was high rate of armed robbery during Shagari's regime. Buhari stepped it, brought an end to armed robbery.
2. Introduced NURTW to checkmate "One Chance" and subsequently brought law and order.
3. Drug traffikers were executed.

PETROLEUM INFRASTRUCTURE
1. As NNPC Chairman, He was the man that Initiated and signed the construction contract of the existing Warri and Kaduna refineries. Two of the ONLY 3 Refineries In Nigeria. As at that time, Nigeria had just 1 Refinery-Portharcourt Refinery, established in 1965.

THE PRESS
He Instituted decree 2 and Decree 4 that was aimed at gaging the Press and Banned street protests. This is his only low but he was honest in his actions.

N/B: I deliberately refused to including Road Projects and others so as not to make it too bulky and boring.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by blezzymoore: 7:51pm On Oct 18, 2014
Mogidi:

Hmmm!
What happened to the $2.5bil that disappeared under your watch at PTF? Are you implying you spent all that loot on gworo?
funny lol
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by jamace(m): 8:03pm On Oct 18, 2014
Buhari, please look before you leap!
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by blakky97(m): 10:58pm On Oct 18, 2014
To tell me he doesn't have even 50million naira?, its a lie
And a bank loaned him? Is presidency business?
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by obenze: 11:31am On Oct 19, 2014
Delafruita:
politics is an expensive business.men always have to be seperated from boys and its always about funds.during the democratic primaries of 2008,clinton and obama spent a combined 600million dollars.and that's the primaries alone.the republicans spent just a little less than than while its estimated barack obama's campaign gulped more than 500million dollars after the primaries.the largest contributors to those campaigns were the banks,hedge fund managers,silicon valley and the likes.in this era of PACs and super PACS,expect billions to be spent campaigning for a job that pays just 400,000 dollars per annum.that's right,barack obama spent nearly a billion dollars campaigning for a job that pays 400,000dollars.so its not always about recouping investment,its more about passion and desire.buhari has a desire to see a better country and he's willing to do whatever it takes to actualise it.it doesn't mean I will vote for him,but I can't but admire his sterling qualities
u sabi talk rubbish
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by true2talk(m): 11:51am On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=etunoman76 post=27209817]Buhari meanwhile, yesterday procured the party’s N27.5 million expression of interest and nomination forms at the national secretariat.

Lamenting what the costs of the forms were high, he said that it took the understanding of his bankers in Kaduna and Abuja to raise the money.

“It’s a pity I couldn’t influence this amount to be put down as in the case of ladies and the disabled that intend to participate. I always looked left and right in our meetings but I could not read sympathy, so I kept my trap.

“But I felt heavily sorry for myself because I don’t want to go and ask somebody to pay for my nomination forms, because I always try to pay myself, at least for the nomination.

“N27 million is a big sum, thankfully I have personal relationship with the manager of my bank in Kaduna and early this morning, I put an early call (and) I told him that very soon the forms are coming, so, whether I am on red, or green or even black please honour it, otherwise I may lose the nomination.

“I was about to go to Kaduna this morning and I told the Chairman (John Odigie-Oyegun) but he said in that case, you better pick your form and keep a straight face. That means there is no excuse,” Buhari said.

Responding after handing over the forms to Buhari, the national chairman of the party, Chief Odigie-Oyegun explained that the N27.5m was carefully chosen to “separate men from the boys”.

“Let me say that the N27.5m is to separate the men from the boys. It is quite clear. We know you. I don’t expect you have N27m under your bed. But I expected that there are Nigerians who will vouch for you any day and who are ready to stand for you any day and that is the result that we have obtained today”, he said.

The chairman who expressed satisfaction over the turnout that greeted Buhari’s presidential declaration at Eagles Square in Abuja on Wednesday further stated that APC’s train was already on its way to the Aso Rock Presidential Villa.

Odigie-Oyegun also yesterday said the party would not be averse to the emergence of a consensus candidate should all the presidential aspirants in the party agree to it. He nevertheless stated the readiness of the party to conduct free and fair primaries that would be acceptable to all.

He said: “I want to congratulate you again on the great event that I watched very avidly on television yesterday. It was good for you but it was good for me and the party. I watched it and I knew the entire nation was watching. And I knew inside me what they would be saying. Yes, truly, APC has arrived. These people mean business. Yes, we are going to have quite a few aspirants and we are very glad at the level of display that one by one, they are putting up. It’s a clear indication of the quality in APC.

”It is a clear indication of the quality of leadership that we are offering the nation. “All the people being presented by the APC, there is not one to my mind, so far, who is not eminently qualified to govern this nation and who given even half a chance will not beat anybody PDP can bring to the fore.

If Buhari can borrow N27.5m just for campaign with interest from a bank, I wonder what he will now tell me to vote for. What Buhari said he is preaching is transparency. God help us in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by isrecole: 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
The story on the purchase of Presidential Nomination Forms by Buhari is a mere deception and ONLY FOOLS would believe that. However,if it were so,it only shows desperation on the part of Buhari. Why would anybody borrow money for politics? He is definitely hoping to pay back the sum with interest by deeping his hands into the treasury if he wins. Secondly,who funded the Buhari Presidential Declaration Rally? The APC Governors must have funded the declaration by stealing from their various States. Is that not stealing and/or corruption If Buhari is associating with corrupt elements,how can he convince Nigerians that he is NOT CORRUPT? Let them know that Nigerians are wise people!!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by Geeman74(m): 6:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
When there are young guys with good ideas in need of money to execute their idea nobody gives them loan. Aspirants now get loans to contest and you say u want to serve. Politricks na investment now oo. Lol
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by Oderaa123: 7:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
Awwal1st:

Na today I know say some idiots dey Nairaland.. Imagine this fool, You fit talk to GEJ like that? I can see you have no future for your generation that's the reason you want GEJ re-elected... Party Deceiving People since 20BC.
Nawaoo! In my comment I did nt even mention GEJ s name. I oly stressed on what ur boss, Buhari said, that he will make Nigeria ungovernabale. So, ur boss has succeeded in making Nigeria ungovernabale and nw he want us to knw dat he take loan n d4 we hav to pity him n vote to him. What a daytime dream!
Ur hatred to GEJ wl oly compound ur problem and increase dat ur High BP. 2015 is for sure, Hahaha.
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by blank(f): 9:33am On Oct 20, 2014
honeric01:

Can you take a loan on the phone? especially N27M?

"Whether I am on a red, green or black, please honour it", do you think this indicates a loan or does it not sound like someone issuing out a check but not sure if his account balance can cover for the amount on the check?

That is an overdraft which is a type of loan the same way a mortgage is a type of loan.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by honeric01(m): 9:51am On Oct 20, 2014
blank:

That is an overdraft which is a type of loan the same way a mortgage is a type of loan.

If you read my first comment on this topic, I indicated that he could be he is trying to draw out what is more than his balance, I believe he runs a current account which allows overdraft. people make it seem like he is going to the bank to borrow #27m.

I stated that it could be that he has just #1m or #26m in His account which is less than the #27m asked of him.
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by blank(f): 1:16pm On Oct 20, 2014
honeric01:

If you read my first comment on this topic, I indicated that he could be he is trying to draw out what is more than his balance, I believe he runs a current account which allows overdraft. people make it seem like he is going to the bank to borrow #27m.

I stated that it could be that he has just #1m or #26m in His account which is less than the #27m asked of him.

Whether you go to the bank to borrow 27m or you ask for an overdraft on your account, it is still a loan and you will have to pay back with interest.
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by honeric01(m): 2:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
blank:

Whether you go to the bank to borrow 27m or you ask for an overdraft on your account, it is still a loan and you will have to pay back with interest.

I know, but the way people make it sound like he's going to the bank to take N27M loan. we all do not know how much he has in his account, he wasn't sure either, hence the reason he said "whether he's on a red, blue or black".
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by ritzytbabs(m): 11:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
And you wonder why he collected a loan.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by akiOYIBO: 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
ritzytbabs:
And you wonder why he collected a loan.
who will i ask?
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by Enunekwujoshua(m): 11:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
i need monry

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Ibrahim Babangida Seriously Sick, Emaciated, Unable To Walk Unaided - ThisDay / ''Boko Haram Releases Pictures Of Its Rocket Factory'' - Terror Monitor Says / Obasanjo Commissions Dantinajo Hotels And Resort Oleh In Delta (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.