Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Your Help Is Urgently Needed - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Your Help Is Urgently Needed (1327 Views)

You Help Is Urgently In Need / Webmasters Your Help Is Kindly Needed Here Please. / Your Help Is Urgently Needed!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Help Is Urgently Needed by Doubleoo(m): 10:45am On Oct 17, 2014
Bosses in the house i need your help. I have been using Google's free blogger before, but now i registered and hosted a domain with WHOGOHOST. COM. the problem is that i don't know how to set the site live because anytime i checked the URL, it shows "site under construction". I was told to delete file named "public_html but i couldn't find it.
I will be grateful if anyone can help.
Re: Your Help Is Urgently Needed by calibus(m): 11:42am On Oct 17, 2014
Open ur cpanel u will see home.html or , index.php or index.html inside 'public_Html', rename home.html and index.html

If u are using a blog ur homepage format should be index.php.
Re: Your Help Is Urgently Needed by maekhel(m): 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
Doubleoo:
Bosses in the house i need your help. I have been using Google's free blogger before, but now i registered and hosted a domain with WHOGOHOST. COM. the problem is that i don't know how to set the site live because anytime i checked the URL, it shows "site under construction". I was told to delete file named "public_html but i couldn't find it.
I will be grateful if anyone can help.
I use WhoGoHost too, follow these steps:
1. login to ur cpanel: www.yoursite.com/cpanel
2. locate and click on FTP manager, a popup will appear asking to choose directory, just click OK
3. Now u are in d FTP manager, u shld be in d public_html directory. u will see different files listed (cgi_bin, index.html)
4. Delete the index.html. file. and thats all.
Note: if u visit ur site nw, it will show a list of files in the public_html directory eg cgi_bin, because there is no index file. Now u can upload ur actual site content.
Re: Your Help Is Urgently Needed by bedfordng(m): 8:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
That means you bought an hosting too.you just have to delete the index file.but if you want to use the domain on ,then you have to do some dns changes
Re: Your Help Is Urgently Needed by Doubleoo(m): 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2014
Thanks guys. I bought hosting too and i thought i have deleted the public.html file, but it now open as cgi.bin. here's the image showing how it appears. I could give someone the details if anybody can help go about it. Maekhel, will u help?

Re: Your Help Is Urgently Needed by maekhel(m): 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2014
Doubleoo:
Thanks guys. I bought hosting too and i thought i have deleted the public.html file, but it now open as cgi.bin. here's the image showing how it appears. I could give someone the details if anybody can help go about it. Maekhel, will u help?
you can now upload ur site content. wat exactly do u want to do?
Re: Your Help Is Urgently Needed by Doubleoo(m): 10:29pm On Oct 18, 2014
I want it to display directly without showing the cgi-bin page. Any help? That's what hold me back from other things to do.
Re: Your Help Is Urgently Needed by maekhel(m): 10:45pm On Oct 18, 2014
Doubleoo:
I want it to display directly without showing the cgi-bin page. Any help? That's what hold me back from other things to do.
once u upload ur content ur site will display without d cgi-bin provided u uploaded an index.html or index.php file along ur content. Wat type of site are h trying to build?
Re: Your Help Is Urgently Needed by Doubleoo(m): 11:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
A discussion forum. Kindly tell me how to upload index file.
Re: Your Help Is Urgently Needed by maekhel(m): 11:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
Doubleoo:
A discussion forum. Kindly tell me how to upload index file.
wch forum script do u intend using?
Re: Your Help Is Urgently Needed by Doubleoo(m): 2:08am On Oct 19, 2014
Xmb script is installed. The site URL is www.iwritersforum.com
Re: Your Help Is Urgently Needed by Doubleoo(m): 2:13am On Oct 19, 2014
maekhel:

wch forum script do u intend using?
If you visit the site you will see that i have created some forums already. I tried to publish a post but only the post title was displayed after publishing, so i deleted it.
Kindly drop your whatsapp number so i can contact you directly. I really need your help.
Re: Your Help Is Urgently Needed by maekhel(m): 2:55am On Oct 19, 2014
Doubleoo:

If you visit the site you will see that i have created some forums already. I tried to publish a post but only the post title was displayed after publishing, so i deleted it.
Kindly drop your whatsapp number so i can contact you directly. I really need your help.
u uploaded ur content in subdirectory (xmb). so ur site will b accessible thru http://www.iwritersforum.com/xmb/ if u want ur site to be accessible thru http://www.iwritersforum.com then u have to move ALL d content of d xmb folder directly to d public_html directory. 07032047179

1 Like

Re: Your Help Is Urgently Needed by resultcase(m): 12:39am On Oct 20, 2014
Move your site out of the xmb folder, you might need to reinstall the forum though, cos it might change some things in the database. If you were the one that installed /xmb, just follwo the same procedure but this time when it asks you for files directory, leave the space blank or simply insert /.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Build Phone Apps For Yourself Or Your Clients And Make Cool Money!!! / Make Millions On FIVERR Offering Some Simple Email Marketing Services / Gets Premium Hosting @1k And Cheaper Domain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.