Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time (53044 Views)

Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better / The 14 Best Horror Films Of 2014 / Nigerian Films Are Now Becoming What You Can't Watch With Your Family These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by lalasticlala(m): 11:42am On Oct 17, 2014
1 HALF OF A YELLOW SUN

There was much anticipation for the release of the film early this year, but it had to be postponed due to several controversies. Some even alleged that it was banned by the NFVCB.

The Nigerian film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB) had to debunk rumours that made rounds that widely-anticipated international film, Half of a Yellow Sun, was banned.The board said as opposed to a ban, only some offensive portions of the flick which may whip up tribal sentiments was to be expunged especially at a time like this when government is currently at war with terrorists.

The story is set before and during the Nigerian civil war and starred cast like Chiwetel Ejiofor, Onyeka Onwenu, Genevieve Nnaji, Zack Orji, etc.

Apart from the controversies that trailed the release of Half Of a Yellow Sun, controversy also trailed Genevieve Nnaji's small role in the movie as it was allegedly removed. But such speculations died after the movie was released.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by englishmart(m): 11:46am On Oct 17, 2014
I need to use this space first b4 the op uses it

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by Dramadiddy(m): 11:46am On Oct 17, 2014
Ah dat dirty secret was pure rubbish, shiii had no aim at all just sexx errwhere smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by lalasticlala(m): 11:47am On Oct 17, 2014
2 DIRTY SECRET

A professional gigolo(Muna Obiekwe) gets involved with a girl(Tonto Dikeh) whom is carnally involved with her father Chief Otunba(Ajibola Daba) a politician who marries a second wife to take advantage of her influence to boost his political carrer. With the introduction of the gigolo into the family every one wants to have a common share of him not excluding Chief Otunba himself.

The film was very controversial due to the highly romantic roles played by Muna Obiekwe, Tonto Dikeh & Djibola Dabo. Muna played the role of a bisexual as he kissed Djibola Dabo in the film.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by Dreal1247: 11:48am On Oct 17, 2014
Where ar the rest films?
Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by lalasticlala(m): 11:51am On Oct 17, 2014
3 MEN IN LOVE

Another highly controversial Nollywood movie.
It has a gay theme. The gay roles were played by John Dumelo and Muna Obiekwe. Their romantic roles, generated much controversies as Nigerians criticised them for such roles while few commended them for their boldness in executing such roles.

In this complex love story, Tonto plays an enduringhouse wife who despite her husband's (John Dumelo) promiscuity tolerated him. Situation gets worse when Dumelo bumps into an old friend Alex (Muna Obiekwe), their new kind of relationship further threatened an almost destabilized marriage. Tonto Dikeh, John Dumelo, Muna Obeikwe

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by Ewizard(m): 11:54am On Oct 17, 2014
Incase... U knw nah!

5 Likes

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by lalasticlala(m): 11:55am On Oct 17, 2014
4 PREGNANT HAWKERS

The film was very controversial due to the gay scene played by Benson Okonkwo and another actor.

The controversies even escalated when a scene picture of Muna Obiekwe sucking actress Biola Ige's breasts surfaced online this year.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by klem93(m): 12:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
Muna kilode?

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by cestmoiparadign: 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2014
you said 8, where r d remaining? cool
Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by lalasticlala(m): 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2014
5 THE PROSTITUTE

The prostitute follows the story of a young girl whose circumstances has forced into the hideous act of prostitution. Young Veno is a charismatic, innocent and beautiful girl who life's circumstances has forced to taste the ugly and bitter side of life. This true life story explores how young girls fall into this act by fault of theirs or reallife circumstances. Starring:- Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, Segun Arinze and many more...

The controversy arose from Omotola's sexy role in the film where her boobs were shown in a romantic scene. But Omotola denied that the boobs were not hers. She said they used another actress to play d role.

Even Omotola's Husband defended her that he knows his wife's boobs and that the boobs displayed in wasn't those of his wife.

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 17, 2014
I see only 5 where is the rest
Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
Journalist: Mr Ekehinde,rumors have it that your wife's b..reasts were displayed in the movie 'the prostitute',what do you have to say about this?

Mr Ekehinde: My wife's b..reasts are yellow,flatly round,soft and smooth lipsrsealed so from the look of things,the one in that movie is not hers,it's a bit black.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by lalasticlala(m): 12:31pm On Oct 17, 2014
6 DESTRUCTIVE INSTINCT

Afrocandy went nude and had her boobs squeezed and fondled by an actor. The film generated much controversies . The lead actor later said he regretted ever doing that film.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by Romanciella(f): 12:32pm On Oct 17, 2014
nawa oo

2 Likes

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by lalasticlala(m): 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
7 OUTKAST

Outkast (2001)

A group of female Nigerian prostitutes gets deported from Italy. After their return to Lagos, the women resort to violent crime to try to make money by any means.

Top Billed Cast

Sandra Achums

Lilian Bach

Saidi Balogun

Jude Ezenwa

Shan George

Ashley Nwosu

Sola Sobowale

Bob-Manuel Udokwu

Bukky Wright
Full cast
Director: Chico Ejiro

The film was controversial.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by lalasticlala(m): 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
8. LAW 58

8 LAW 58

“Law 58” is an expository, yet shocking movie on gay practice and its consequences on the traditional African society.

The producer, Dickson Iroegbu, claimed that the movie, which stars the likes of Kanayo. 0.Kanayo, who played the lead character, Clarion Chukwurah, Halima Abubakar, Ghanaian actor, Kofi Adjorlolo, Mark Morris Chibueze amongst other Nollywood stars took him over four years to produce.

On starring KOK as the lead character, the controversial movie director expressed sympathy for the actor. He said, “ I know how I tried to convince him to get involved in the movie. It took KOK some time before he agreed to star in the movie.

“Also, I approached actors like Mike Ezuruonye and Desmond Elliot, but they screamed, and turned down the offer to star in the movie. For whatever reason they refused, I don’t know.” The movie, according to Iroegbu, explores a true life story.

In the movie, Mark Morriz Chibueze had a gay affair and romance which got people talking.

Written by: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by Adatob(m): 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2014
Where the remaining
Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by naturally: 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
Mehhnnn, shocked

Blue film in disguise

This Muna badt gan

9 Likes

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by lalasticlala(m): 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
naturally:
Mehhnnn, shocked

Blue film in disguise

This Muna badt gan

Lol. Muna 2 bad

5 Likes

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by lalasticlala(m): 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
englishmart:
I need to use this space first b4 the op uses it

u just book space, u no allow me finish englishmart.

lol
Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by littlemistress: 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2014
Op well done., observing

2 Likes

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
why is Muna in all the gay themed movies? Am I missing something? undecided

and haba OP...why would you group hoays with these mgbekelicious alaba films? embarassed embarassed embarassed

4 Likes

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
This one wey Muna dey act so much of bisexual and gay movie, he's a suspect. lipsrsealed

No one should tell me it's professionalism, biko. undecided

10 Likes

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
Muna muna muna is the name I see everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by englishmart(m): 3:53pm On Oct 17, 2014
lalasticlala:

u just book space, u no allow me finish englishmart.

lol
that's why it's called space booking

2 Likes

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by lalasticlala(m): 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2014
rokiatu:
Muna muna muna is the name I see everywhere.

Muna's movie career was on d verge of dying so he used those controversial roles to relaunch himself & resurrect his almost dead career and it worked for him.

10 Likes

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
lalasticlala:

Muna's movie career was on d verge of dying so he used those controversial roles to relaunch himself & resurrect his almost dead career and it worked for him.

It was dead sweetie, even Jesus would prefer to resurrect a 100 Lazarus than resurrect that guy's career.

Muna +Tonto Dike + that Randy old man with white hair...lol, that played her father in that movie (Dirty secret) are 3 actors that I can't stand.

8 Likes

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by priscaoge(f): 4:25pm On Oct 17, 2014
Biola Ige undecided She's always like this. I watched one movie She featured and I was like WDF,is this a Po•rno Or am I dreaming shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 17, 2014
lalasticlala:

Really how come I don't hear about him still?

4 Likes

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by Francheezy(m): 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
priscaoge:
Biola Ige undecided She's always like this. I watched one movie She featured and I was like WDF,is this a Po•rno Or am I dreaming shocked shocked shocked

Would you be nice to recommend that movie to me smiley

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
lalasticlala:
7 OUTKAST

Outkast (2001)

A group of female Nigerian prostitutes gets deported from Italy. After their return to Lagos, the women resort to violent crime to try to make money by any means.

Top Billed Cast

Sandra Achums

Lilian Bach

Saidi Balogun

Jude Ezenwa

Shan George

Ashley Nwosu

Sola Sobowale

Bob-Manuel Udokwu

Bukky Wright
Full cast
Director: Chico Ejiro

The film was controversial.
my best naija film

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Angel To Emmanuel - I Have Never Worn Pants, I Have Kissed Everybody! / BBNaija: Teddy A's Baby Mama And Son (Photos) / Maureen Esisi Kisses Bbnaija Prince Via TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.