Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,051 members, 7,807,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. (6184 Views)

The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs / Nairaland Literature Award Winners / Nairaland's Literature Quiz...you Can Join Anytime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 17, 2014
[size=16]LITE SERIES PRESENT
YEAR 2014'S
NAIRALAND LITERATURE AWARD of THE YEAR
[/size]
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 17, 2014
Yea! Its here again
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by kingphilip(m): 1:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
Ok I de watch
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
Categories for the awards
1.Action.
Best action write up of the year (collaborations included.)
2.Adventure
Best Adventurous write up of the year (collaborations included.)
2.Comedy
Best comedy write up of the year (collabos included)
3.CRIME
Best crime write up of the year (collabos included)
4.Loveware
Best loveware Play/novel/short story of the year (collabos included) wink wink
5.Fantasy
Best Fantasy Play/Novel/short story of the year (collabos included.)
6.Horror
Best horrific Novel/Play/Short story of the year. (Collabos included.)
7.POLITICAL
Best Political play/Novel/Short story of the year. (Collabos included.)
8.Romance
Best romance Novel/Play/Short story of the year (collabos included)
9.THRILLER
Best thriller novel of the year (collabos included.)
10.SCIENCE FICTION
Best science fiction of the year (collabos included.)
Readers...
11.Best Commentator
12.Best Critic
13.Reader Who Encourage the most(RWETM)

comments and observations...
*Nb:
Most of the stories on Nairaland fall under a couple of genres so you can vote for a story as many times you like as long as its on an appropriate genre.
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by YungwizzzyChina: 1:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
I deserve to win
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2014
[size=16]Instructions[/size]
To Voters

*..Only members who have been on Nairaland between 2005 - October 15 are eligable to take part in this competition.
* A Thread will be opened for only nomination. This will also serve as the chat thread till the competition ends.
* On October 20, I will open a thread for nomination that will run for 5days. I.e I will open a thread on October 20 and it will be closed by 12pm on October 25th.
* On October 26, I will open another thread for voting that will run for five days (26-30).
* Then, on November 1st, the result of the vote will be announced.
* Note: All voters can only nominate one candidate for each genre.
* Candidates also can nominate and vote for themselve or other candidates.

[size=16]Instructions Pertaining To Candidates.[/size]
* Only Candidates that have written a story or more between January 1st, 2014- September 30, 2014 can be nominated.
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by kingphilip(m): 2:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
my questions are these:
1. are incomplete stories worthy of nomination?
2. where are the panel of judges

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by texanomaly(f): 2:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
I can help count votes. I don't have any stories, so there's no conflict. smiley
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
kingphilip:
my questions are these:
1. are incomplete stories worthy of nomination?
2. where are the panel of judges
I can only invite people to be the panel of judges.
I am seeing
Texanomaly down there...
And I am seeing you sir...
So can I beg the two of you to be involved in this...

Yes, Uncompleted story can be nominated so far they meet the requirement
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
texanomaly:
I can help count votes. I don't have any stories, so there's no conflict. smiley
Hmm...
My deep has called unto her deep...

Thank you very much...
Now we have
1. Divepen
2. Texanomaly
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by kingphilip(m): 4:22pm On Oct 17, 2014
Divepen:

I can only invite people to be the panel of judges.
I am seeing
Texanomaly down there...
And I am seeing you sir...
So can I beg the two of you to be involved in this...

Yes, Uncompleted story can be nominated so far they meet the requirement
you've got a Pm
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by texanomaly(f): 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
Divepen:

Hmm...
My deep has called unto her deep...

Thank you very much...
Now we have
1. Divepen
2. Texanomaly

I just want to count votes. I don't really want to be on the judging panel.
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Emzypaz(m): 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2014
This is a nice concept by you Divepen and a nice call by d9ty7.
But I have some reservations;
1. Just like we did last year. A voter can nominate a writer in every genre listed. As in, I can vote 14 times since we have 14 genres. It is now left for me to nominate in the right genre.
2. Like we had it last year. A story could be nominated in more than one genre and become eventuall winner. Like Sir Kayemjay's story was nominated in the crime, action and thriller. And it won in all of them. Is it possible this year too.
3. The panel of judges. I think they shouldn't be handpicked. We need to know their qualifications, are they not attached to the writers in question. Someone like me is a protegee of d9ty7, truth be told, I'll want to make sure he emerge victorious. Even though, everyone may not be like me.
4. The genres are way too much. Lets try and reduce them to a considerable amount, maybe 10. Then we include the reader's award.
5. Reducing the number of genres automatically brings about uniformity. Everyone(the judges) is carried along and voting result will be released to time.
The above are just my two cents. They should not be used against me. The best you can do is to give your own thoughts.
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
texanomaly:

I just want to count votes. I don't really want to be on the judging panel.
i thought Judge Panel's job is just to count votes(in this place)...
Or what is it?
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2014
Emzypaz:
This is a nice concept by you Divepen and a nice call by d9ty7.
But I have some reservations;
1. Just like we did last year. A voter can nominate a writer in every genre listed. As in, I can vote 14 times since we have 14 genres. It is now left for me to nominate in the right genre.
2. Like we had it last year. A story could be nominated in more than one genre and become eventual winner. Like Sir Kayemjay's story was nominated in the crime, action and thriller. And it won in all of them. Is it possible this year too.
3. The panel of judges. I think they shouldn't be handpicked. We need to know their qualifications, are they not attached to the writers in question. Someone like me is a protegee of d9ty7, truth be told, I'll want to make sure he emerge victorious. Even though, everyone may not be like me.
4. The genres are way too much. Lets try and reduce them to a considerable amount, maybe 10. Then we include the reader's award.
5. Reducing the number of genres automatically brings about uniformity. Everyone(the judges) is carried along and voting result will be released to time.
The above are just my two cents. They should not be used against me. The best you can do is to give your own thoughts.
Good observation sir...
1. Will be corrected...
2.It is possible
3.I thougt they are to just count votes, so how will they be Bias?
4.I will see to that.
5.ok...
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by texanomaly(f): 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
Divepen:

Or what is it?

Lol...in that case...OK. smiley
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by texanomaly(f): 7:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
Divepen:

Or what is it?

Perhaps the problem is the tittle. You want vote counters, not judges.

It is more accounting not judging.
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
texanomaly:

Perhaps the problem is the tittle. You want vote counters, not judges.

It is more accounting not judging.
ok,,,i will change it
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Emzypaz(m): 8:02pm On Oct 17, 2014
@Divepen: concerning the judges or those in charge of the vote counting. I think I just got it.
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by LarrySun(m): 8:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
Detective/Mystery...that's the genre I write, and it's not included.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by manuel80(m): 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
Yours should be under action,crime or thriller
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by LarrySun(m): 8:51pm On Oct 17, 2014
manuel80:
Yours should be under action,crime or thriller
A detective story has its own genre. Why should it come under some other genres? Is it because not many people write murder mysteries? grin

Sherlock Holmes' stories are detective/mystery

The Bourne Series are actions, crimes and thrillers

There's a difference. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Glowstone(m): 9:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
@divepen, i am an old member but i just opened this account today, so am i allowed to vote cool
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 17, 2014
Glowstone:
@divepen, i am an old member but i just opened this account today, so am i allowed to vote cool
was it the tsunami that took your old moniker away or you did not register....
If it was the tsunami, give us proof...
If you did not register, I'm so sorry you are not eligible...
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by itstpia1: 4:18am On Oct 18, 2014
what's factional?

do you mean biography?
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Fatalveli(m): 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2014
I'd like to be the third judge.... Dis is gonna be captivating and @ least we will get to knw d peoples choice!
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
Votes Count-er
1.Divepen
2.Texanomaly
3.KingPhilips
4.Fatalveli
5.Aisha800
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by chistar01(m): 8:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
:DPresent
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by noble4d(m): 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2014
nice1 divepen
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Lollz(f): 9:01pm On Oct 18, 2014
Looking foward to it! Let the drums roll!!!!
Re: Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year. by Lollz(f): 9:04pm On Oct 18, 2014
Looking forward to it! Let the drum roll!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Most Profound Nigerian Novel In Recent Times! / Imayen - Story Of A Girl Losing Her Virginity And Degradation Of The Girl-child / *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.