Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 (6199 Views)

What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by Seun(m): 9:38pm On Sep 23, 2005
Hello,

For information about how to apply for the 2007 US Diversity Visa Lottery programme, visit:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html
(kindly mirrored on the forum by Seye)

Interesting details:
[list][li]Entries for the DV-2007 Diversity Visa Lottery must be submitted electronically between Wednesday, October 5, 2005 and Sunday, December 4, 2005. Applicants may access the electronic diversity visa entry form at ‘www.dvlottery.state.gov’ during the registration period beginning noon on October 5. Paper entries will not be accepted.[/li][li]An applicant must have either a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education; or two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience to perform.[/li][li]Nigeria is in the "list of countries whose natives qualify".[/li]
[/list]

Are you planning to participate? Do you expect to win? Are you really in a position to pack your bags and leave for America if you happen to win a green card?
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by DEKING3(m): 7:58pm On Sep 25, 2005
Seun, so many people would not think twice if they got the opportunity to get out of this country and I won't blame them.

As for me, I might participate and if I win, I'll go.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by MARIAE(f): 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2005
I doubt if anyone will refuse to pack and go. I will if................
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by drbigdaddyg(m): 1:56pm On Oct 04, 2005
Even my dear Seun wouldn't mind making his nairaland base there.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by TaliTali(m): 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2005
It would be better for one to go if he makes it, even if just to change the environment.

Even Seun will do so if he [wins]. cool
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by drbigdaddyg(m): 10:07am On Oct 08, 2005
Who knows the kind/type of passport needed for the dv-form whether is just an ordinary passport?
Try and let me know if you have the idea please.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by toyosi(f): 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2005
Everybody want to come to the states hunh? well i wish you all the best, and i hope some of y'all wins, but sweetie, America is not as sweet and peachy as it is potrayed on your TV screens. When you get here you will learn quick and i hope you have the flexibility to adapt.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by Olori(m): 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2005
My bro in law won about 5yrs ago.He went with some 10th century ideas that nearly destroyed his marriage.Imagine asking a woman( B.Sc holder ) to be a full time house wife in this century, and ur income not up to support ur 2 kids ?
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by Seun(m): 7:42pm On Oct 10, 2005
Yes, drbigdaddyg, it's a normal passport.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by drbigdaddyg(m): 8:50am On Oct 11, 2005
ok. Thanks dear.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by jumfol(f): 3:43pm On Oct 13, 2005
Thank you Seun I will try and apply at least it will save me from smelling unknown and toxic odour in Lagos.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by kimono(m): 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2005
My photo is 411KB in size and the online form needs 65.2KB. What can I do to reduce the photo size? I used my Digital Cam to snap the picture and it's in Jpeg format.

Thanks.
Kimono
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by muyioye(m): 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2005
I have been applying 4 dis thing 4 almost 4yrs consistently, but maybe my luck never jam. Please give me tips into winning
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by Seun(m): 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2005
kimono: send your photo to me and I'll reduce it for you

muyioye: THe secret of winning the US VIsa Lottery is not different from the sercret of winning any other lottery: just get lucky!
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by drbigdaddyg(m): 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2005
pls, I hope there is no difference b/w digital passport and the ordinary ones from every photographer?
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by AKWUAOWO(f): 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2005
who will not like to go to America? If not for other things at least to add to ur story book.
Anyhow, I will fill the form and I know my luk go shine. kiss
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:21am On Oct 21, 2005
I have always believed in luck and it works out for me. I will just try and look into my fate there in US if I win. If it is just going there to be slave, I'll just relax in my fatherland and enjoy my food like Efam soup and Achara shocked
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by rihanna(f): 6:46pm On Nov 16, 2005
toyosi:

Everybody want to come to the states hunh? well i wish you all the best, and i hope some of y'all wins, but sweetie, America is not as sweet and peachy as it is potrayed on your TV screens. When you get here you will learn quick and i hope you have the flexibility to adapt.

dat is so true pple will leave Africa when they r bank managers in a bank n come here to be security guards or work at the convinience store. well i know America might seem so great it aint all honey and milk i really feel for some Africans here. well i wish y'all the bestest of luck wink
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by drbigdaddyg(m): 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2005
Don't say people who go over there are not comfortable in Nigeria, Bank managers here can easily switch over and work in Banks there. Maybe those affected were people without any certificate while they were in Nigeria.
If I get my MBBS, my dear, I will go over there and continue my career there.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by rihanna(f): 3:46pm On Nov 17, 2005
drbigdaddyg:

Don't say people who go over there are not comfortable in Nigeria, Bank managers here can easily switch over and work in Banks there. Maybe those affected were people without any certificate while they were in Nigeria.
If I get my MBBS, my dear, I will go over there and continue my career there.
ny dear N.lander u know what? it's not as easy as u think. first thing when u come here they'll start bringin" complications that they do not trust your degree from Africa and all uncessary stuff i did not say everyone that comes here goes through that. some maybe lucky and u maybe one of the "lucky ones" roll up your sleeves and work boo for your day of joy is comin" (hey just kiddin"wink
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by drbigdaddyg(m): 10:28am On Nov 18, 2005
Yes. Is true our certificates are often in doubt but one sure of how she/he got "hers"/his can look up for people from Nigeria that are there. They can be of help in getting them settled there.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by loretta(f): 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2005
I trust seun if he wins he will pack his bag as if somebody is after him. Well for me If I win I am off from this country.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by goodguy(m): 7:32pm On Nov 18, 2005
I already applied long ago (around september I think).
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by rihanna(f): 8:49pm On Nov 18, 2005
goodguy:

I already applied long ago (around september I think).

dang they started playin" this thing in October how did u apply in September hope say no body no fool you!!!!!
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by goodguy(m): 8:56pm On Nov 18, 2005
oh sorry..I meant october. It seems to me a long time since I've even forgotten I applied. cheesy
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by rihanna(f): 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2005
goodguy:

oh sorry..I meant october. It seems to me a long time since I've even forgotten I applied. cheesy
aiight no prob just messin" wit" u (lol)
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by joftech(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2005
I heard some pastors and babalawo do tell people to bring the confirmation of their entries for spiritual blessings.

This clearly shows the level of ignorance this country is in.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by Ajisafe: 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2005
Bank managers here can easily switch over and work in Banks there. Maybe those affected were people without any certificate while they were in Nigeria.
If I get my MBBS, my dear, I will go over there  and continue my career there.

Na lie! If you're lucky, you might get hired as a bank teller getting something like $8 to $9 dollars per hour. And that is even a big if! You will smell pepper! It's not like in Nigeria that you can get bribed for foreign exchanges or other "arrangees." 

I trust seun if he wins he will pack his bag as if somebody is after him.

You know what? People like Seun can actually make it in America. As a Webmaster, all he needs is some reliable friend or member of family to put him up (I mean house him for a while), call Comcast up and use part of his BTA or pocket money to hook up High-speed Internet -- before you know it, he's become self-employed. He will definitely make a decent living designing and hosting Websites!
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by joftech(m): 1:38pm On Nov 20, 2005
For anyone to make it big either here or there you must be self-employed.

If am able to get there i will make sure i work for myself, i know it may not be easy but Naija has taught me all i need to know about been a tough guy.

But there's no place like home.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by Ajisafe: 1:47pm On Nov 20, 2005
For anyone to make it big either here or there you must be self-employed.

True.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by goodguy(m): 6:25pm On Nov 20, 2005
That's something general of course! To make it big in life, you've got to be ur own boss.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by joftech(m): 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2005
Some people are in the habit of sending in multiple entries. Are you one of them?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Airports Ready For Christmas - FAAN / Info About Oyo North(igbeti And Igboho) / If You Adopt Foreign Citizenship You Are No Longer Nigerian!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.