Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Okocha: Football Is Dead In Nigeria. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha: Football Is Dead In Nigeria. (1922 Views)

Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Wilfred Agbonivbare Is Dead - Former Eagles Goalkeeper (Pictured) / American Football Is Better Than Soccer! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okocha: Football Is Dead In Nigeria. by Rutheby(f): 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2014
I was surfing the internet some days back when I saw that statement. I love sport especially football. At first, I did not agree with him but watching the game we lost against Sudan, the confusion between the coach and players, the way NFF are going and others... I became convinced but there is hope. What is your take on it? Is football really dead in Nigeria? Our legend said so.
Re: Okocha: Football Is Dead In Nigeria. by tuwayz(m): 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2014
Which field in Nigeria is positively alive if you say football is dead in Nigeria?
Re: Okocha: Football Is Dead In Nigeria. by 24in7: 2:33pm On Oct 18, 2014
No salt @Op, anyway make I waka pass ,until u put salt (source) 4dis ur soup grin
Re: Okocha: Football Is Dead In Nigeria. by Rutheby(f): 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2014
24in7:
No salt @Op, anyway make I waka pass ,until u put salt (source) 4dis ur soup grin
Goal.com
Re: Okocha: Football Is Dead In Nigeria. by Rutheby(f): 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
tuwayz:
Which field in Nigeria is positively alive if you say football is dead in Nigeria?
None bro
Re: Okocha: Football Is Dead In Nigeria. by tuwayz(m): 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
Rutheby:
None bro
thank you, until Nigerians stop been partial and also stop expecting too much from people that is how it will be(dead fields)
Re: Okocha: Football Is Dead In Nigeria. by Rutheby(f): 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2014
tuwayz:
thank you, until Nigerians stop been partial and also stop expecting too much from people that is how it will be(dead fields)
lol....bt it's sad tho..we expected more from football eventho other fields are dead. May God help us
Re: Okocha: Football Is Dead In Nigeria. by tuwayz(m): 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
Rutheby:
lol....bt it's sad tho..we expected more from football eventho other fields are dead. May God help us
people expert too much from the team's coach and the coach too is kind of partial for not selecting the best but the less competent for his own selfish reasons, pride has been a factor to a man's failure since 1400 bc
Re: Okocha: Football Is Dead In Nigeria. by Rutheby(f): 6:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
tuwayz:
people expert too much from the team's coach and the coach too is kind of partial for not selecting the best but the less competent for his own selfish reasons, pride has been a factor to a man's failure since 1400 bc
True
Re: Okocha: Football Is Dead In Nigeria. by tuwayz(m): 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2014
Rutheby:
True
yeah
Re: Okocha: Football Is Dead In Nigeria. by davidif: 1:12am On May 16, 2018
Rutheby:
I was surfing the internet some days back when I saw that statement. I love sport especially football. At first, I did not agree with him but watching the game we lost against Sudan, the confusion between the coach and players, the way NFF are going and others... I became convinced but there is hope. What is your take on it? Is football really dead in Nigeria? Our legend said so.

Well why don't football be dead in Nigeria when it is run by the govt? Heck I read somewhere that 18 of twenty teams are run by the govt and you want to know why our football infrastructure is awful.

1 Like

Re: Okocha: Football Is Dead In Nigeria. by Rutheby(f): 8:11am On May 16, 2018
davidif:

Well why don't football be dead in Nigeria when it is run by the govt? Heck I read somewhere that 18 of twenty teams are run by the govt and you want to know why our football infrastructure is awful.

The government has done more harm I think
Re: Okocha: Football Is Dead In Nigeria. by davidif: 7:51pm On May 16, 2018
Rutheby:

The government has done more harm I think

Govt has no right running football. In fact, they have no right running anything. The less the govt has has in its portfolio the more effective it is.
If the govt had left the oil and gas industry, our universities, our hospitals then most likely Nigeria would have been better off today but here we are in the 21st century with a highly centralized federal govt that wants to control basically everything that has to do with the economy and people are wondering what's going on. The job of the govt is to create a secure and conducive environment for businesses to thrive and to make sure people are following the rules not to be running our refineries or determining who gets to import oil into the country or not.

Govt is not the solution, govt is the problem - Ronald Reagan.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okocha: Football Is Dead In Nigeria. by Rutheby(f): 10:35pm On May 16, 2018
davidif:

Govt has no right running football. In fact, they have no right running anything. The less the govt has has in its portfolio the more effective it is.
If the govt had left the oil and gas industry, our universities, our hospitals then most likely Nigeria would have been better off today but here we are in the 21st century with a highly centralized federal govt that wants to control basically everything that has to do with the economy and people are wondering what's going on. The job of the govt is to create a secure and conducive environment for businesses to thrive and to make sure people are following the rules not to be running our refineries or determining who gets to import oil into the country or not.

Govt is not the solution, govt is the problem - Ronald Reagan.

Hmmm... Very striking

(1) (Reply)

/ MUST READ: 10 Footballers You Never Knew Were Nigerians / Million Ways, Chance,and Process Of Making Cool Money Through Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.