Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website (2318 Views)

How Do I Send Mass Email Directly To Inbox For Internet Marketing And Promotion / Facebook Auto Poster Drive Mass Traffic To Your Websites And Fiver Links / Dreamhost Hacked, Mass Password-reset Issued (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by yawatide(f): 9:40pm On Nov 13, 2008
Wow!  I didn't know Lagos had it this good  shocked

I won't bother commenting on the site itself, or on who did the site (it was done in Canada by the way wink).  I will let you guys do that.  I am more mesmerized by the trains.  Now, I have every reason to go anywhere I want to in Lagos when next I come to town. The photoshopping is so good, it's not fantastic, it's cokastic!  cool

Enjoy!

http://www.lagosrail.com/home/index.php
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by WebMonk(m): 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2008
The minute i saw this, i wondered if i was living in a parallel universe - what have I been using to go to work everyday when something like this exists?

The least they could have done is to add some watermark text to the image stating "concept image" or something like that.

, or has anyone seen it? let me not assume grin
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by Seun(m): 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2008
It exists in someone's imagination.
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by OmniPotens(m): 6:09am On Nov 14, 2008
I think that is the new Lagos State created somewhere in another universe tongue
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by smartsoft(m): 10:06am On Nov 14, 2008
thats the reason why i love the white guys, they will rather use the real pix for the rail instead of the fake one we won't see till 100 of my generations,
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by olush0la(m): 11:51am On Nov 14, 2008
What are you guys talking about?
The website clearly states that it's a project under development.
It would have been amateurish to put watermarks saying "Concept Image".
The website is simple and clearly conveys the message. My beef is that they had
to go all the way to Canada to build the website. Any webmaster in Nairaland could
have built it for them, even cheaper.

Meanwhile, we should encourage stuff like this, instead of laughing at the Government,
we should tell them " Ok, you have brought the concept, now bring it to reality"
Dare to dream people, it's the magic of life!
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by yawatide(f): 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2008
Weeeelll, Olu:

I guess you have that unique perception to read the text first but for peeps like me, all I saw was the gigantic image. The text is way too small on the site. When I did manage to read it, I had to go over it twice just to understand it.

As for watermarks, I don't think it would be a bad idea. Another would be to say something like, "artist's impression". I see this all the time on the web and I can forward you a few links if you want.

That photo, though flawlessly done, IMHO gives a false impression. Honestly, when a friend showed the site to me, the first question on my mind was, "wow! I didn't know Lagos has this" and I bet others are/were of the same impression,
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by webguru(m): 5:26pm On Nov 18, 2008
site's way too cool

id love to see that project in reality

cmon, lets go buy the bonds
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by hanen(f): 10:50am On Nov 19, 2008
Are you people for real? I found myself going through the site in confusion before coming back here again to see what you people were talking about. What's your point exactly? That the guy didn't stamp 'THIS IS NOT A REAL IMAGE OOO" watermark across an obviously NOT REAL IMAGE?!

Honestly, when a friend showed the site to me, the first question on my mind was, "wow! I didn't know Lagos has this" and I bet others are/were of the same impression,

Girlfriend, don't say that in public. It's embarassing. And um, at first glance. I saw and KNEW that the image was conceptual image. I didn't have to read anything. No-one I know did. I was making a complaint about the way Nigerians dumb things down for us in Nigerian sites, but apparently I was wrong.

Seriously.

The site's actually not bad. I'm with Olushola.

Also, you guys need to quit this, 'Yawa will display a link for all and sundry to bury' thing. It's not really effective or useful. undecided
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by Seun(m): 10:54am On Nov 19, 2008
Some people have been away from the country for years. 
They are not foolish, and they are not your "girlfriends".
(Lots of good news has been coming out of Lagos recently)
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by SamMilla1(m): 11:17am On Nov 19, 2008
oh! how i wish that can be achieved easily,
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by hanen(f): 11:25am On Nov 19, 2008
Seun:

Some people have been away from the country for years. 
They are not foolish, and they are not your "girlfriends".
(Lots of good news has been coming out of Lagos recently)

Thanks for clearing that up Seun, even though I called no one here a fool, neither did I refer to more than one person as 'girlfriend'. So you're saying someone that has lived outside of the country for many years will not know they're looking at a semi-3d image? Really?

My mistake.

Please, WATERMARK to your hearts' contents. Or whatever.
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by olush0la(m): 11:37am On Nov 19, 2008
, Ok, it's getting real hot in here!
I'll have to reserve ALL my comments.
All of it.
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by yawatide(f): 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2008
@olushola
As Nelly sang, it is getting hot in here, but guess what? I won't take off my clothes tongue

@hanen
People perceive things differently. Everyone can't see things the way you do. I showed the site to others, including Americans, and they most saw what I saw - what seemed to be what is actually on ground

@all
Probably didn't refer to me but just to set the record straight, I last visited home a year ago next friday and look forward to my next visit next year. So between my visits, youtube, friends/family visiting home, flashes, phone calls and emails, I am very aware of what is on ground. Thank you very much cool
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by danteweb: 7:10pm On Nov 19, 2008
@hanen, i'm with you 100%. I mean anyone who can't see that the image used is a 3d comp should be taken back to the 20th century.

Also, I read someone saying he was sure the Americans would put the real picture of the rails if it were them. How on earth can you put a real picture of something that doesn't exist??. Another said the site was shown to an American and blah blah blah. What on earth is it with us and Americans? Can we not think straight without having some stereotypical ideas about how things work abroad. That is not to say that the Americans don't do what they do extremely well.

And for those crying out for real imagery, I thought you would be smart enough to notice that the greens(the plants, trees etc.) are all live imagery if you compare the contrast between them and the building. I think it's very professionally and tastefully done.

By the way anyone who is keen on seeing a comparison between 3d comps and real imagery can visit http://www.thehavenhomes.com and http://www.thehavenhomes.com/windsor.htm - a residential development in magodo area of Lagos.
the home page has got the real imagery and the windsor page has got the 3d visualizations.
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by yawatide(f): 7:33pm On Nov 19, 2008
What on earth is it with us and Americans? Can we not think straight without having some stereotypical ideas about how things work abroad. That is not to say that the Americans don't do what they do extremely well.

At least u know.

By the way anyone who is keen on seeing a comparison between 3d comps and real imagery can visit http://www.thehavenhomes.com and http://www.thehavenhomes.com/windsor.htm - a residential development in magodo area of Lagos.
the home page has got the real imagery and the windsor page has got the 3d visualizations.
In this site's case, the difference was clear. Not the same with the lagos site. Also when I said I showed americans, I guess I should have been clear. I meant I showed it to my peers at work who happen to be american. In other words, I also work with Indians and if I happened to meet any of them at the time, I would have asked them.

hanen, i'm with you 100%. I mean anyone who can't see that the image used is a 3d comp should be taken back to the 20th century.
I would still respectfully disagree. Call me slow (and I am grin) but that photo implies to me that the structure already exists. If this is still in the development phase, I think it's best to show some sort of rendition as what it will look like (artist's impression or whatever). How much do you want to bet that the completed structure won't look anything like that? If in the end it isn't and honestly don't think it will be, then it's a fraud.
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by danteweb: 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2008
Lets get this straight.
Someone is trying to build something, and he creates an impression / idea of what it's going to look like when its completed. Your point is the impression looks to good to be fake!!!

If you truly think you're slow, then - no offence - I guess its you who has the problem. A thousand people can't be wrong!! and I think you are already infecting the people around with 'slow' syndrome.

Anyways back to the whole point of the thread,
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by yawatide(f): 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2008
danteweb,

Thanks for the ad hominem attack on my attempt at being sarcastic and most importantly, thanks for refocusing us on the actual purpose of the thread

Your point is the impression looks to good to be fake!!!
No ad hominem attack intended but I think you need to look at the grammatical issues with your statement above. Perhaps you meant too good to be true? To answer your question, no, I don't doubt our ability to do good things but yes, I doubt it will look exactly like that. Taking it a step closer, I doubt the thing will even get off the ground. Can anyone say Tinapa?
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by danteweb: 2:37pm On Nov 21, 2008
Interesting. Personal attack, I quite don't know much about that. Grammatical issues, you probably want to re-analyse the semantics of the statement. I guess i'm beginnng to understand what 'brilliant' sense of humor you've got.

Anyways of recent, Lagos has been making some big waves you know. I think the new governor has got some content. I wouldn't want you to have the mindset that everything that comes out of Nigeria is mediocre. I strongly believe that this rail project would revolutionize the Nigerian transport sector. Some states are already copying the Lagos BRT buses model.
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by yawatide(f): 3:43pm On Nov 21, 2008
Dante,

For the end-product of the rail system not to match what's in the picture doesn't imply in any way that it is or will be mediocre.  Read my posts again please.  I wish them well.

In other news, last time I checked, sarcasm doesn't equate to sense of humor.  I have never in any way, shape or form implied that I have one.  I am trying really hard here not to be negative of your ability to understand English so before I say something I will live to regret, I will end it here.

Thanks,
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by beewhyfocs(m): 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2008
@ all,
On checking through the site, what I found there was not beyond anything achievable in Lagos. So I wonder why people find it difficult to believe on its practicability. As a matter of fact, its a model with graphics illustration on the picture in mind. Even if the outcomes falls a little below what is represented, I beg to differ, in the opinion of some, that it is a failure. The true strength of any engineering projects is not just in its aesthetics display, though a part of it, but in its structural integrity. The ability of the project to meet the specified time, cost and quality objective should also be given uppermost attention.

The st pancras rail station in London had a better aesthetic model than what we all saw on the website but the final structure built is a little bit different from what was shown. This never implied a failed project since it is still working till now. So what are we saying?

Fashola has demonstrated a sense of pragmatism and as such should be encouraged. Having witnessed the success of the on-going BRT, I believe this would also work out well. I see a better Lagos state and a working Nigerian system!
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by yawatide(f): 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2008
beewhyfocs,

I wish Fashola well, I really do. However, one word sticks in my memory - TINAPA.

Case closed.
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by beewhyfocs(m): 9:37pm On Dec 22, 2008
@ yawatide,

Well, I wish him well too. We cant deny where we are coming from as a country and it is obvious we are not where we used to be. So a legacy for the future is a sure panacea in this regard. When Tinubu began the BRT dream, people felt it would be difficult for it to work in 6 months. But now we are counting a year plus. All we need is a visionary leadership and an optimistic populace. We would get there!
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by diasporian: 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2008
All of you are maggots, this is why things dont work in Nigeria, nothing advocated is seen as a good thin by Nigerians - what a heck? someone even compared it to a white man using real pictures, y'all are gays and maggots who dont deserve anything good.
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by yawatide(f): 9:52pm On Dec 22, 2008
diasporan, i see living in the diaspora has turned ur mouth rotten. oh well.
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by feasy1(m): 12:34pm On Jul 01, 2009
Will be glad if anyone could update us one the progress of the rail Project, I believe we should have people that work with LAMATA , the Rail Transit itself or Contractors working on the project, any update of any kind will be appreciated.
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by kolitos007: 4:11pm On Jul 01, 2009
I just read through the post, and I am just stunned, so much attacks at each other, its like playing football, everyone just argues and argues and forget about what they are doing, so my honest opinion with regards to the rail project, I think the first thing that should be sorted is electricity once that is done I think this rail project will work perfectly.

yawa-ti-de, you need to calm down mate
Re: Lagos Rail Mass Transit Website by yawatide(f): 5:06pm On Jul 01, 2009
kolitos:
Did you by chance note when that post was first put up? Is it possible that within then and now, that I have changed? Besides, what do you define "harsh" to mean? I like being honest and the last time I checked, it isn't something you take with panadol - it hurts!

(1) (Reply)

Info About Registeram.com Web Hosting Plans / Building A Website For Dropshipping / Need A Website For Your Business | Click Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.