Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,144 members, 7,780,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:20 AM

FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme (36370 Views)

8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / FG To Increase NYSC Allowance To N38,000 By March / FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by Myschoolmatter(m): 6:31pm On Oct 18, 2014
The Federal Government has on Thursday, unfolded plans to mainstream the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), initiative into the United Nations programme.

This is to give the scheme a global outlook where other nations can tap from its initiative.

The Minister of Youths Development, Boni Haruna, who spoke in Abuja, during a meeting with the officials UN-Habitat and NYSC, said the scheme had recorded massive achievements since its inception

According to him, setting all programmes in the scheme into the UN will attract global appreciation, even as it creates a platform for national integration and youth development.

Boni also said the essence of the meeting is not only to re-establish relationship with the UN but to create opportunities for Nigerians to be seen as an active contributor.

In his remarks,the Director of Global Monitoring and Research Division in the UN-Habitat, Professor Banji Oyeyinka, underscored the need to document NYSC for global visibility.

He said this will help the country attract more supports for the scheme, instead of having the Federal Government solely running the scheme.

Professor Banji added that this will also change the negative global perspective about the country.

“Nigeria is a very strong player in the UN, the NYSC has not been documented in a way that is visible to the world when you have documentation, you attract more people. For instance, Nigeria have always carried the whole scheme by its self and we believe that if the world knows the achievements of this institution, we are likely to attract more supports into the scheme.

“ It is also about advocating for our selves everyone talks about all the things that are happening with the youths, with all the insurgency ,we have something else to give to the world and for us, this is something we can give to the world. In our situation with UN habitat, we are set up to fix the member states it is like a bureaucracy of the world.

“We want the world to see that we have done a scheme for 40 years ,a very successful institution that have sustained ,irrespective of all the troubles we have that we want the world to know that Nigeria can sustain a programme.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/18847-fg-to-mainstream-nysc-into-un-programme/18847-fg-to-mainstream-nysc-into-un-programme

http://myschoolmatter.com/fg-mainstream-nysc-un-programme/
Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by shaggy007(m): 8:06pm On Oct 18, 2014
Myschoolmatter?

Which kain source be that?

*Edited*

Ok you've added vanguard.

That's better.

9 Likes

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by armadeo(m): 9:12pm On Oct 18, 2014
shaggy007:
Myschoolmatter?

Which kain source be that?

The bloggers ain't loyal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by Myschoolmatter(m): 9:49pm On Oct 18, 2014
My School Matter is a blog that shares
educational news... , A section that keeps its
reader updated. We love sharing educational
updates...

8 Likes

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by rattlesnake(m): 12:18am On Oct 19, 2014
So Nysc all road leads to PDP in 2015

Thread closed

7 Likes

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by sekzy99(m): 3:34am On Oct 19, 2014
rattlesnake:
So Nysc all road leads to PDP in 2015

Thread closed
polinysc

1 Like

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by checkdate(m): 3:35am On Oct 19, 2014
Myschoolmatter:
The Federal Government has on Thursday,
unfolded plans to mainstream the National
Youth Service Corps (NYSC), initiative into
the United Nations programme.
This is to give the scheme a global outlook
where other nations can tap from its
initiative.
The Minister of Youths Development, Boni
Haruna, who spoke in Abuja, during a
meeting with the officials UN-Habitat and
NYSC, said the scheme had recorded
massive achievements since its inception.
...read more http://myschoolmatter.com/fg-mainstream-nysc-un-programme/
wow !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by iceberylin(m): 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
frustratedman:
E NOR GO BETTER FOR GOD WICKED THING THAT MADE ME LOOSE ALL I HAD
Whats this one saying undecided

26 Likes

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by iheanyi40(m): 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by bunmioguns(m): 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by Geenet: 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
Rubbish... We need light not un

3 Likes

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by AntiBotBan: 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
good 1

hbd

meanwhile, you won't believe what is happening between APC members, confusion everywhere... read here http://naij24..com

1 Like

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by ayusco85(m): 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
If It doesn't translate to increasing corpers salary to 40k den that's none of my business.....

#IncreaseCorpersAllowee

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by Wolison(m): 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
N = NOW

Y = YOUR

S = SUFFERING

C = CONTINUES

#wetin concern me#

4 Likes

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by timilehing(m): 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
Na after I passed out dem dey introduce this??

3 Likes

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by merieam16(f): 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
Aiit
Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2014

1 Like

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by sammieguze(m): 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sweet
Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by Simpsonrocket(m): 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
HAPPY SUNDAY TO YOU ALL!
TAKE TIME TO READ THIS LIFE CHANGING MESSAGES
https://www.nairaland.com/1946718/nairaland-daily-christian-messages
Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by Wolison(m): 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
AntiBotBan:
good 1
ayusco85:
Ok
AntiBotBan:
good 1
chai......
This una life bad oooo

1 Like

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by iheanyi40(m): 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
frustratedman:
undecided
Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by timilehing(m): 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
Good idea if they'll be truthful with it
Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
NYSC and well-to-do half-baked graduates are gonna embarrass us so bad we'll all need burkhas.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by briantext(m): 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
Good
Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by since2005(f): 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
sj
Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by Jhayeahsam01(m): 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
frustratedman:
what are u trying to say
Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by Soneh(m): 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
I wonder when we'll become leaders of tomorrow as we are being made to believe,where the minister for youth is 57 and still counting

2 Likes

Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by hayzed2: 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
Y
Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by Innodon(m): 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
good idea
Re: FG To Mainstream NYSC Into UN Programme by phollybee(m): 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Importance Of NCCF to corpers / Amazing Picture Of 3-year-old Corp Member / FG Increases NYSC Allowance To N30,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.