Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,122 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development (32497 Views)

Re: The Six Geographical Regions Of Nigeria In Order Of Development. / The Six Geographical Regions Of Nigeria In Order Of Development. / The Dearth Of Development In The South-east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by walemoney007(m): 5:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
OneNaira6:
grin grin grin grin grin Since when is SW tops development in Nigeria? Is it the SW we all know or is it another SW? Lmao. Some people are in a different world than the rest of us.

The rank is SS, SE, whatever regions that holds kano and abuja then SW and the rest.
Most of you guys on Nairaland eh

3 Likes

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Ikengawo: 5:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
walemoney007:
mumu,u will hardly see a yoruba man from ibadan or lagos goin to d south east to look for work,or a yoruba man relocatin to d east.go n see ao ur igbo brodas n sistas full ekiti and osun...not to talk of ogun,lagos,oyo and ondo...xcept for lagos,house and food prices are very cheap in d south west
when the white dutch came to south africa to enrichen themselves and settle were they coming because the zulus and native africans were living in more development than europe? My igbo brothers and sisters are in jigawa, chad, borno, somalia, afghanistan, congo, syria, and niger republic. What is your point?

2 Likes

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by walemoney007(m): 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ikengawo:
when the white dutch came to south africa to enrichen themselves and settle were they coming because the zulus and native africans were living in more development than europe? My igbo brothers and sisters are in jigawa, chad, borno, somalia, afghanistan, congo, syria, and niger republic. What is your point?
dey fool ursef,dey are in d west and north cos d cost of livin is beta in d south west.

4 Likes

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
huptin:

It is common knowledge that people migrate to places with opportunities and good infrastructure. The Americans and Chinese that travel other places do so either as expatriates or for business expansion. And they usually go back after a while.

Most of the American and Chinese businesses in Nigeria have their head offices in their home countries. Now is that the same thing here in Nigeria? If indeed there are better opportunities in the south east people will be flooding there, it's just natural.

You look at Ibadan u see a big city full of brown roofs a good investor see a huge opportunity for retail businesses. Those brown roofs houses human beings with needs to be satisfied. Now answer truthfully if given a choice between Ibadan a sprawling city full of activities and owerri a sparsely populated city where most of the inhabitants visit by day and go back to their rural or semi rural enclaves by nite where would u site your business?
Now bring it down to Nigeria here. southeasterners travel the most to other regions but still people from other regions travel down to the east no matter how small in number. Now compare the quality of life and the businesses of an average person from the east in other regions to that of an average person from other region living in the east then you will see that the Igbo man in other region in Nigeria is almost comparable to an American or Chinese expatriate.
For your second question, I have not been to Ibadan but am currently in owerri(On holidays) but I can tell you that owerri is one of the best cities I have been to in Nigeria in terms of quality of life and infrastructure. My decision on which city to choose between the two will be based on what I will want to do there, if business, then Ibadan(assuming it has the market and population as am made to believe here) but for Leisure, Owerri definitely.

1 Like

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
My brother you see the way our people are trying so hard to claim Lagos grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That Lagos is in SW Nigeria doesnt make it a yorubaland, SW Nigeria contributed 29% of Nigeria IGR of which Lagos alone which is a No Man's Land and FG enclave contributed 20% leaving other

am from Ede in Osun grin grin grin State and my mum is from Oshogbo grin grin grin while my GF is from Ilesha i must say the truth no matter whose Ox is being gored.

OneNaira6:
grin grin grin grin grin Since when is SW tops development in Nigeria? Is it the SW we all know or is it another SW? Lmao. Some people are in a different world than the rest of us.

The rank is SS, SE, whatever regions that holds kano and abuja then SW and the rest.

1 Like

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Ikengawo: 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
huptin:

I have visited Ower ri several times and beside the numerous hotels donning the town particularly the new owerri parts, I didn't see much industrial and commercial activities that can sustain the kind of opulence and wealthy lifestyle you people always come here to boast about.

By the way the relatively cost of living of the town ensure that most people who are poor do not reside there, they stay in the outskirts and only come to the town for their daily activities.

Going out at nite in Owerri is quite scary because of lack of street lights in most places and the apparent darkness coupled with the fact that city becomes almost desolate at nite, you only find people congregating in fun places.

The major mode of transport is keke and it's quite expensive. Now southwestern towns make provisions for both the rich and the poor.

Ibadan for instance is a very huge city with a part with brown roofs and all while the other part houses modern houses and the relatively affluent citizens.

All of the ills you listed as plaguing owerri, give me an accurate description of Oshogbo or Ore. Owerri is more developed than ibadan while ibadan has a bigger economy. The part of ibadan where people live in mud houses is almost the size of the whole owerri municipal. Even on these alleged outskirts of owerri you wont find people in slums and shanties nor will you see beggars, leprosy, and teaming colonies of cripples or touts. Whats worst is owerri is not ibadans peer, enugu is. While ibadans economy is bigger than that of enugu, theres more development in enugu than ibadan.

Now go to rural awka ibom where kids are still killed for being accused of being witches, and rural bayelsa, oyo, ekiti, osun, etc and compare it to the worst poverty in rural imo anambra or abia

2 Likes

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by JustCare: 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
walemoney007:
mumu,u will hardly see a yoruba man from ibadan or lagos goin to d south east to look for work,or a yoruba man relocatin to d east.go n see ao ur igbo brodas n sistas full ekiti and osun...not to talk of ogun,lagos,oyo and ondo...xcept for lagos,house and food prices are very cheap in d south west
yes because he's afraid to make real money, travel out of his comfort area and perhaps prefers living with mum and dad in one bedroom flat... lol
hope I'm not sound in tribalistic already...because it isn't in my dictionary.

2 Likes

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by walemoney007(m): 6:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
JustCare:

yes because he's afraid to make real money, travel out of his comfort area and perhaps prefers living with mum and dad in one bedroom flat... lol
hope I'm not sound in tribalistic already...because it isn't in my dictionary.
hmm

1 Like

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by JustCare: 7:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
walemoney007:
while will he hav to travel to d south east,were alot of igbos are runnin from.i'v neva been to d east and i dont paln on goin dia anytym soon to work or live.
if you don't understand...just Jones Long. lol
Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by huptin(m): 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=Ikengawo post=27278826]

All of the ills you listed as plaguing owerri, give me an accurate description of Oshogbo or Ore. Owerri is more developed than ibadan while ibadan has a bigger economy. The part of ibadan where people live in mud houses is almost the size of the whole owerri municipal. Even on these alleged outskirts of owerri you wont find people in slums and shanties nor will you see beggars, leprosy, and teaming colonies of cripples or touts. Whats worst is owerri is not ibadans peer, enugu is. While ibadans economy is bigger than that of enugu, theres more development in enugu than ibadan.

Now go to rural awka ibom where kids are still killed for being accused of being witches, and rural bayelsa, oyo, ekiti, osun, etc and compare it to the worst poverty in rural imo anambra or abia[/quo
Been to Enugu, Nice city, very neat and clean, but u can't compare it to Ibadan with all due respect Ibadan's economy is ten times bigger than enugu's. Beggars and touts go to places where they perceive that they can make money, if there are none in Enugu it shows that perhaps even the beggars knows that there is little or no money to be made over there.

There are also many beggars on the streets of new York, that doesn't mean Johannesburg is better than New York .
Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by walemoney007(m): 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
JustCare:

if you don't understand...just Jones Long. lol
mtchewww
Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by raumdeuter: 8:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
The migration pattern would tell all you need to know.

Human beings move away from poverty and towards prosperity

2 Likes

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Schematics: 8:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
If a place has a bigger economy than the other that means it is more developed, because at the end of the day more people will move to such location for either job placements thereby continue in further development of the place. Proliferation of hotels and brothels all over the place is not and can never be considered as development..

If I am to list the most developed cities or states in Nigeria. It comes thus: Lagos, Abuja, PH, Kano, Onitsha, Ibadan, Warri, Enugu, Aba, Ogun..

Economy is everything because that is what people runs after..

Ikengawo:

Now go to rural awka ibom where kids are still killed for being accused of being witches, and rural bayelsa, oyo, ekiti, osun, etc and compare it to the worst poverty in rural imo anambra or abia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
[size=18pt]Economy is not everything but standard of living, Nigeria have bigger economy than Bostwana, Seychelles, Namibia but their standard of living are higher than that of Nigeria, we consume all we produced because of overpopupaltion, we import virtually everything and export nothing.....i will prefer an Owerri to an Ibadam[/size]

Schematics:
If a place has a bigger economy than the other that means it is more developed. Development is not all about hotel proliferation all over the place.

If I am to list the most developed cities or states in Nigeria. It comes thus: Lagos, Abuja, PH, Kano, Onitsha, Ibadan, Warri, Enugu, Aba, Ogun..

Economy is everything..

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Ikengawo: 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
Schematics:
If a place has a bigger economy than the other that means it is more developed. Development is not all about hotel and brothel proliferations all over the place.

Then Nigeria is more developed than South Africa, Singapore and the UAE by your logic.
Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Schematics: 8:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
It does not matter where you prefer afterwards its a personal choice..because at the end of the day you still end up moving to the place with the big economy..

Economy is synonymous with development that is why people tend to move towards big economies to either settle down or look for job or set up industries or real businesses..

BuddahMonk:
[size=18pt]Economy is not everything but standard of living, Nigeria have bigger economy than Bostwana, Seychelles, Namibia but their standard of living are higher than that of Nigeria, we consume all we produced because of overpopupaltion, we import virtually everything and export nothing.....i will prefer an Owerri to an Ibadam[/size]

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by raumdeuter: 8:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
^^ I can bet there are more people moving from The entire SE to Ibadan than from Ibadan to the entire SE

We can lie with stats, Mexico can show numbers and paper that they have a better standard of living and economy than the US but human migratory pattern never lies.

Human beings would always move towards prosperity. The bus park would always tell the truth regarding which area is suffering

2 Likes

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Schematics: 8:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
Yes the same way America with big economy is better than Britain.. cool

You better forget about Nigeria being larger than SA in terms of economy. In the real sense of it SA is very far and bigger than Nigeria economic wise..you can take that to the bank! cool

Ikengawo:

Then Nigeria is more developed than South Africa, Singapore and the UAE by your logic.
Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by raumdeuter: 8:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ikengawo:

Are there more Nigerians running to SA, UAE and Singapore than citizens of those country coming in?

Check the SA embassy in Nigeria and the Nigerian embassy in SA count the applicants to know the truth
Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Schematics: 8:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
I will agree with you on the highlighted which is still about the economy.. cool

raumdeuter:

We can lie with stats, Mexico can show numbers and paper that they have a better standard of living and economy than the US but human migratory pattern never lies.

Human beings would always move towards prosperity. The bus park would always tell the truth regarding which area is suffering
Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
[size=18pt]Nigeria with big economy but majority of our citizens are littered in Smller Southern African and Asian countries with better standard of living.
Your economy is docile since the majority are living for smaller economies because your standard of living is very pooooooooooor, WD, IMF, UN, ADB et al dont talk about economy they champion improvement in the standard of living[/size]

Schematics:
It does not matter where you prefer afterwards its a personal choice..because at the end of the day you still end up moving to the place with the big economy..

Economy is synonymous with development that is why people tend to move towards big economies to either set up industries or real businesses..

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Schematics: 8:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
Who told you that Nigeria has a big economy? Whoever told you that Nigerian economy is bigger than SA told you a big lie. Have you checked the HDI of both countries? Selling of crude and making quick cash is not an economy! SA has a real developed economy whereas Nigeria's economy depend on how much oil they sold..which is crap!

People follow the economy because that is where the real development is domiciled..

BuddahMonk:
[size=18pt]Nigeria with big economy but majority of our citizens are littered in Smller Southern African and Asian countries with better standard of living.
Your economy is docile since the majority are living for smaller economies because your standard of living is very pooooooooooor, WD, IMF, UN, ADB et al dont talk about economy they champion improvement in the standard of living[/size]

[size=8pt][/size]
Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Ikengawo: 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
raumdeuter:

Are there more Nigerians running to SA, UAE and Singapore than citizens of those country coming in?

Check the SA embassy in Nigeria and the Nigerian embassy in SA count the applicants to know the truth
there are more Chinese coming to and in Africa than africans coming to and in china. Today there are more dutch and english in south africa than south africans in those parts. There are more nigerians in congo than congolese in nigeria. There are more lebanese in west africa than west africans in lebanon. There are more nigerians in guinea than Guineans in nigeria. Your logic is flawed

1 Like

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
[size=18pt]economy of ibadam is big but the standard of living is one of the lowest in the entire sub sahara Africa, do you know with all the biggness and largeness of the so called ibadam economy the city is the home to the highest number of beggars in Nigeria overtaking another big for nothing Kano in the Northern Nigeria, igbos come to SW to pounce on the opportunities the laziness and docility of the citizens provide, dont you hear that people are mining gold in Taraba State, these are foreign nationals who saw the opportunities the indigenes failed to see and pounce on them, tomorrow you will tell me the Dutch in South Africa is because Holland is not developed[/size]

[s]
raumdeuter:
^^ I can bet there are more people moving from The entire SE to Ibadan than from Ibadan to the entire SE

[/s]
Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
[size=18pt]Yes i doubt Nigeria economy being bigger than that of SA, i can believe that Sultan has endorsed Guiness but i will never believe Nigeria economy is bigger than that of SA no matter how much buck you greased my palm with[/size]

Schematics:
Who told you that Nigeria has a big economy? Whoever told you that Nigerian economy is bigger than SA told you a big lie. Have you checked the HDI of both countries? Selling of crude and making quick cash is not an economy! SA has a real developed economy whereas Nigeria's economy depend on how much oil they sold..which is crap!

People follow the economy because that is where the real development is domiciled..

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by winniz: 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
Schematics:
[/b]If a place has a bigger economy than the other that means it is more developed. Development is not all about hotel and brothel proliferations all over the place[b]

Chino I think say u Don change cool cool
Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by GODDYGEE91(m): 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
Bros na only talk sense here ooo, others are writing rubbish. As far as I am stayin in d west, there is no development there except lagos which is hugely occupied by non indigins. If u see poverty in osun n ekiti, u wud ask ursef weda such places is in Nigeria.
Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by raumdeuter: 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ikengawo:
there are more Chinese coming to and in Africa than africans coming to and in china. Today there are more dutch and english in south africa than south africans in those parts. There are more nigerians in congo than congolese in nigeria. There are more lebanese in west africa than west africans in lebanon. There are more nigerians in guinea than Guineans in nigeria. Your logic is flawed

Go to Nigerian embassy in China and compare to population in Chinese embassy in Nigeria.
Every animal human inclusive move away from poverty, thats why animals move away from drought to water.

If visa procedures in CHina and Nigeria are relaxed or non existent then go and see where more people would move to.
Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by raumdeuter: 9:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
GODDYGEE91:
Bros na only talk sense here ooo, others are writing rubbish. As far as I am stayin in d west, there is no development there except lagos which is hugely occupied by non indigins. If u see poverty in osun n ekiti, u wud ask ursef weda such places is in Nigeria.

But there are more Ibos in Ekiti than Yorubas in the entire SE
Why would these Ibos be leaving their developed land for poverty lands like Ekiti and Osun

1 Like

Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
GODDYGEE91:
Bros na only talk sense here ooo, others are writing rubbish. As far as I am stayin in d west, there is no development there except lagos which is hugely occupied by non indigins. If u see poverty in[b] osun n ekiti, u wud ask ursef weda such places is in Nigeria.[/b]
Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by Schematics: 9:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
Change? Just because you want me to see white and call it black..?

My point which has been proved world over is that economy is everything..

Economy=development! cool

winniz:

Chino I think say u Don change cool cool
Re: The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development by winniz: 9:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
BuddahMonk:
[size=18pt]Economy is not everything but standard of living, Nigeria have bigger economy than Bostwana, Seychelles, Namibia but their standard of living are higher than that of Nigeria, we consume all we produced because of overpopupaltion, we import virtually everything and export nothing.....[/b]i will prefer an Owerri to an Ibadam[b] [/size]

I totally agree with u cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani / APC Raises ₦‎190 Million In Donations In Less Than Two Minutes / ‘Entire PDP Ward’ In Akwa Ibom Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.