Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,404 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:57 PM

UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) (3936 Views)

Manchester City Vs Tottenham (6 - 0 ) On 24th November 2013 / UCL: Chelsea Vs Nordsjealand (6 -1) On 5th December 2012 / UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by Princecalm(m): 11:37am On Oct 19, 2014
Chelsea fans will consider their opponent as minnows and will expect a party when they meet NK Maribor at Stanford Bridge but they should also bear in mind that they will be without their hit man Diego Costa.Chelsea fans what do you expect in this match
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by major466(m): 11:40am On Oct 19, 2014
Chelsea all the way. smiley
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by Tval(m): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
make i buy land
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by mizmeme(f): 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
Pls mind u if u re an enemy of chelsea pls allow we chelsea fans to always open our thread
Not opening thread and wishing us pointless bad luck
Tank u #Team cfc cool

1 Like

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by JEITO: 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
We certainly will win but am concerned about Remy: he hasn't fit into the team yet. He seems to get into wide positions instead of centre positions and often hold on to the ball a little bit too much for one that should be CF.

He also need to start playing as team player than an individual striker. What happened against Bolton in the capital one cup should not happen tomorrow again o.

Anyway chelsea 4: maribor 0

Oacar2, remy1 and willian 1
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by cuteypooch(m): 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
Four Chelsea players will miss due to injury. Mikel, Costa, ramirez, schurrie.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by pamcode(m): 8:38pm On Oct 20, 2014
i don show o bluez for life chelsea 3-0 maribor guy come post preview now
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by luvola(m): 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2014
Who are the moderators ? -push this thread to the front page..

Chelsea should be wary of this club because they haven't lose their last eight European games.. They deposed Celtic from qualifying for champions league.

Match preview :

Preview: Chelsea v Maribor
Published: Monday 20 October 2014,
22.27CET
Chelsea FC's José Mourinho is refusing to
underestimate NK Maribor as the Slovenian
champions arrive in London determined to
cause an upset according to Ante Šimundža.
by Jamie Reid
from London
Tweet 1 E-MAIL PRINT 26 Like
Error loading player:
No playable sources found
SUSPENSIONS AND INJURIES
TOURNAMENT STATISTICS
PRESS KITS
STANDINGS
MATCHES
RELATED ITEMS
CSKA Moskva v City
Roma v Bayern
APOEL v Paris
Barcelona v Ajax
Schalke v Sporting
BATE v Shakhtar
Porto v Athletic
Matchday three preview
Chelsea v Maribor facts
José Mourinho has plenty of respect for
Maribor
• Chelsea, on four Group G points, welcome a
Maribor side just two adrift
• José Mourinho confirms absence of Diego
Costa, Ramires, John Obi Mikel and André
Schürrle
• Mourinho points to Maribor's eight-game
unbeaten run in the competition this season
• Visitors without any injury concerns ahead of
matchday three
• Ante Šimundža says his side will play in a
positive manner
Possible lineups
Chelsea: Courtois; Ivanović, Terry, Cahill,
Azpilicueta; Matić, Fàbregas; Willian, Hazard,
Oscar; Rémy.
• Out: Diego Costa (hamsting), Ramires
(groin), Schürrle (illness), Mikel (foot)
• Doubtful: Drogba (fitness)
Maribor: Handanovič; Šuler, Filipović, Mejač,
Rajčevič, Viler; Ibraimi, Vršič, Bohar, Mertelj;
Tavares.
José Mourinho, Chelsea manager
I don't have Manchester United in mind. I
have Maribor in mind. I don't rest players. We
have to think about this game, not the one in
Slovenia. It's important to win, yes. The group
is not an easy one to win. Sporting are a good
team and are playing better and better.
Schalke are a good team now that Roberto is
the new coach, motivation is high. [They're a]
dangerous team.
Maribor have had eight matches in the
Champions League [this season] and zero
defeats. Celtic – didn't lose. Sporting – didn't
lose. Schalke in Germany – didn't lose. When I
studied them, I understood why they didn't
lose.
So we have four points. It's not bad. But we
need seven out of these three matches. Not to
qualify, because with seven you are far from
being qualified, but seven gives you a little bit
of stability for the second part.
I have only one challenge: my challenge is to
win tomorrow. I think about what comes
tomorrow and that's the way I do it.
I think every English team in the Champions
League will have it difficult, especially because
when the Champions League starts the
knockout phase – hopefully all the four teams
are there – at that moment all the English
teams will be paying the consequences of our
winter fixtures. The German teams and the
Spanish teams will be back from winter
holidays so in much better condition to
compete.
Ante Šimundža, Maribor coach
Our mentality is to win. To play offensively. We
always try to go for the win, but we will not be
pushing without thinking. We want to find our
positive side and their negative side – and
hopefully get a result. Chelsea are a very
competitive team in every minute and every
second of every game. They know what to do
and their results show how competitive they
are. We know it will be difficult to find a
weakness, but we will do our best to find it.
Diego Costa is injured, but others will come in.
Chelsea are the most competitive team in
England at the moment. It will be fun to see
how they prepare. How they are ready for us.
They know us very well; we know them very
well. We have to be honest and say that
Chelsea are the favourites, but we have our
aims too. A positive result. A win? Why not?
We have to be at our top level to achieve that.
We know that the team and José Mourinho
are at the highest level possible. Chelsea are
always preparing for every opponent
individually and this gives them that special
quality. Every team has strengths and
weaknesses and Chelsea are no exception, but
they have many more strengths than
weaknesses. We will try to play in a way that
they will not find easy.
Weekend results
Crystal Palace FC 1-2 Chelsea (Campbell 90;
Oscar 6, Fàbregas 51)
Maribor 1-2 NK Celje (Zahovič 30; Rajčevič
og 6, Omoregie 65)
Form guide (all competitions)
Chelsea: WWWWWD
Maribor: LWDDDW
Match facts
• Maribor won 2-1 at home against the last
English side they faced in Europe

Meanwhile for your customize Chelsea , Arsenal and any club jersey , footwears ( designer and han made ) , holla @ us on 07089328564 , 746F8F4C .
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by cuteypooch(m): 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
Chelsea XI: Cech, Ivanović, Zouma, Terry, Luis, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard, Oscar , Willian, Rémy

Chelsea team to face maribor. Cech already cup tied after this game.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by chimerase2: 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
Bia princecalm pls if u re opening a match thread try and put the preview
Kai u didn't even bother abt anyfin
Pls next time try and learn from oda football thread before opening one
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by chelseabmw(m): 7:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
I don showwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by chelseabmw(m): 7:43pm On Oct 21, 2014
Another clean sheet today

Chelsea 3 - 0 Maribor

1 Like

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by chelseabmw(m): 7:45pm On Oct 21, 2014
Where are my Chelsea Soldiers?

Na only me dey here?
shocked shocked
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by MoyoGENERAL: 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2014
Oya now
move to FP
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by chimerase2: 7:49pm On Oct 21, 2014
chelseabmw:
Where are my Chelsea Soldiers?

Na only me dey here?
shocked shocked
amu with u grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by MoyoGENERAL: 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
5′ - Hazard pushes down the left and slots it inside to Remy, who produces a strong touch
but manages to hook the ball back into play. It's eventually worked back out to Hazard, but
the Belgian had come back from an offside position and the flag goes up.
4′ - Ivanovic is getting forward a lot already, and he looks to latch on to Fabregas' ball
over the top. The Serbian manages to win a corner but the visitors head it away comfortably.
3′ - Matic sprays another pass out to Ivanovice before the hosts work it inside. Remy
receives the ball with his back to goal and spins quickly, looking to push into the box, but he
is tackled well by Rajcevic.
2′ - The visitors start with a nice passing move but Zouma is there to cut it out before
Willian is felled in midfield. Maribor look bright but Hazard sets Chelsea going with a good
pass out to Ivanovic, whose low cross is easily cut out.
1′ - And we're underway in west London as Maribor get the match started for the first half.
… - The players march out to a packed Stamford Bridge. It's a good atmosphere tonight,
and hopefully there will be a game to match. Kick-off is just moments away...
… - Mourinho’s men are unbeaten in 11 in all competitions, winning nine. Their last defeat
came against Atletico Madrid in the second leg of last season’s Champions League semi-
final.
… - Maribor have played against an English team before, however. They took on Wigan in
the Europa League group stage last season and succumbed to a 3-1 defeat at the home of
the Latics, but did earn a 2-1 victory against the 2013 FA Cup winners when they hosted
them.
… - This is the first time the Blues have faced Slovenian opposition, and England boss Roy
Hodgson will undoubtedly be taking notes as the Maribor squad contains plenty of faces
from the national side, who visit Wembley next month in a Euro 2016 qualifier.
… - Aleksander Rajcevic continues in the heart of Maribor’s defence despite scoring two
own goals at the weekend, condemning them to their first defeat in nine games in all
competitions. Damjan Bohar scored in their impressive draw at Schalke, and the midfielder
will be one to watch after he also netted against Celtic in the play-off round.
… - There’s no Diego Costa as expected for the Blues, with the Spain striker ruled out
because of a hamstring injury, so Loic Remy starts up front for the hosts. Petr Cech is in
goal and Kurt Zouma gets the nod for his Champions League debut alongside John Terry in
defence, while 17-year-old Dominic Solanke earns a spot on the bench.
… - Maribor subs: Cotman, Ndiaye, Sallalich, Zahovic, Mendy, Vrsic, Arghus.
… - Maribor (4-4-2): Handanovic; Stojanovic, Rajcevic, Suler, Viler; Mejac, Mertelj,
Filipovic, Bohar; Tavares, Ibraimi.
… - Chelsea subs: Courtois, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ake, Salah, Solanke, Drogba.
… - Chelsea (4-2-3-1): Cech; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry, Filipe Luis; Fabregas, Matic; Willian,
Oscar, Hazard; Remy.
… - The teams have been announced so let’s bring you tonight’s line-ups, starting with
Jose Mourinho’s men…
… - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage of the Champions League clash between Chelsea
and Maribor at Stamford Bridge. The Group G leaders are hot favourites tonight, but the
Slovenians are unbeaten so far and will present a tough challenge.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by Havilah93(m): 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
Chelsea soldiers

grin

KTBFFH joor!!
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by Tval(m): 7:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
i have not been watching chelsea matches for the past 3 weeks now, since you guys are not ready to provide me with a link. embarassed
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by Agimor(m): 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2014
Let me register my presence here!
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by chelseabmw(m): 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2014
Goaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllll

Remy

1 - 0
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by tokiniofficial(m): 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2014
Tval:
i have not been watching chelsea matches for the past 3 weeks now, since you guys are not ready to provide me with a link. embarassed

Ifeed2all.eu grin

Thank me Lata wink
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by Havilah93(m): 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2014
Remyyyyyyyyyy
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by JEITO: 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2014
How comes dis thread neva enter FP
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by tokiniofficial(m): 8:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
MOD abeg front page na kiss
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by chelseabmw(m): 8:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
REMY out due to injury

Drogba in
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by JEITO: 8:02pm On Oct 21, 2014
God no!!!! We can't afford to lose another striker to injury
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by chimerase2: 8:02pm On Oct 21, 2014
Remijus grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by chelseabmw(m): 8:03pm On Oct 21, 2014
If na arsenal thread e for don enter front page since last week .... I really dont understand why they keep doing this to our game angry angry
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by chelseabmw(m): 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
With the way chelsea is playing anyone can be a striker even schrulle ..... With or without costa we go beat manutd on sunday
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by Havilah93(m): 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
Remy injured.

This is bad, real bad. sad
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by tokiniofficial(m): 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
Drogba juju working since 16AD
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs NK Maribor FULL TIME:(6 - 0) by Agimor(m): 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
Which kind dirty injury be dat na!abeg Mod do the needful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Europe Vs South America / Uefa Club Rankings Latest / Arsenal Partner With Guinness Nigeria for Malta Guinness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.