Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (61963 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Fashola And Tinubu / Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by toludadon(m): 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
there are so much hues and cries about the volatility of all muslim ticket in Nigeria, as a yoruba xtian, i am bold to say that majority of my fellow yoruba xtians don't even know Fashola is a muslim. they see him as performance personified hence his being an achiever and intellectual is more pronounced than his religious inclination. the result of my findings and interactions is that SW is a wrong place to play politics of religion bcuz almost all families are evenly distributed along religious lines , hence they see you first as a yoruba man before your religion.
hence a Buhari/Fashola in the SW is seeing as North/Yoruba ticket and it will surely fly.

431 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Mogidi: 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
@OP
Am also a Christian but from the SS.(Edo state)
Christians in the SW may have been trampled upon but Christians in the North Central SS/SE have not been as subjugated like the ones in the SW.
A Buhari/Fashola is a hint the SW and the core North wants full sharia.

Try Christian/Christian and watch bombs rain down. Mtcheew!!!

SW Christians may have surrendered to the superior might of SW Muslims by having only moslem governors, the rest of us haven't capitulated.
We will not be part of a plot to end Christendom in Nigeria.

355 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
Mogidi:
Christians in the SW may have been trampled upon but Christians in the North Central SS/SE have not been subjugated as the ones in the SW.
A Buhari/Fashola is a hint the SW and the North wants full sharia. We will not be part of it.
a person of fashola will not encourage sharia no matter what, he is too enlightened to do that

298 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by SamIkenna: 1:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
toludadon:
there are so much hues and cries about the volatility of all muslim ticket in Nigeria, as a yoruba xtian, i am bold to say that majority of my fellow yoruba xtians don't even know Fashola is a muslim. they see him as performance personified hence his being an achiever and intellectual is more pronounced than his religious inclination. the result of my findings and interactions is that SW is a wrong place to play politics of religion bcuz almost all families are evenly distributed along religious lines , hence they see you first as a yoruba man before your religion.
hence a Buhari/Fashola in the SW is seeing as North/Yoruba ticket and it will surely fly.

In the nutshell you're saying SW will vote for a ticket that has one of their sons in it - that is: if a ticket has their son they vote for it but if it doesn't .... they vote objectively. Now, you see why 2015 is 'the' year of reckoning? I guess I'm loving the stalemate: who will win, who will be declared, and who will lose.....This, indeed, will make a blockbuster.

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Vado(m): 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
So bro, you are a Yoruba Xtian? Is that a new religion? Keep replacing that mighty name "Christ" with X sho gbo. A to e ti.

190 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Mogidi: 2:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
eliment:
a person of fashola will not encourage sharia no matter what, he is too enlightened to do that

I don't think folks in SS/SE will contemplate having two muslim rulers. Why not two Christian rulers and then watch as dozen new boko haram movements spring up. The Northern/Muslim hegemony has been broken and long may it remain so.

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
eliment:

You better save your energy from engaging people like Shigidi whose soul has no iota of objectivity

Charlatans like them for want of nothing superior to say will resort to stale ethnoreligious National Anthem of Sharia,Islamic agenda to paint a fantastic ticket of Buhari/Fashola bad

Yet we know that Fashola's wife of about 20years is a Christian and we never heard she was forced to convert to Islam

195 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Orunto: 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
Buhari/Fashola(North/Yoruba) is good but not democratic for Nigeria now. Jonathan/Buhari is better. Let Buhari join PDP on the ground that he may be allowed to serve Turelage as VP till 2019; after that, he may return to APC to contest with Fashola or Okorocha for the Presidency against a new standard bearer of PDP. For now, GEJ/whoever is destined to rule till 2019. The Lord says so! No permutation can wish this off. GMB is still a DICTATOR IN HUMAN SPIRIT. NIGERIA SHOULD GET THIS DOMINATING SPIRIT OUT OF HIM before he might be allowed to rule Nigeria. My mouth is very clean. If Buhari is trained, Nigerian styled, for 2019, bokoharam and its sponsors will be controlled for ever.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by emiye(m): 2:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
Orunto:
Buhari/Fashola(North/Yoruba) is good but not democratic for Nigeria now. Jonathan/Buhari is better. Let Buhari join PDP on the ground that he may be allowed to serve Turelage as VP till 2019; after that, he may return to APC to contest with Fashola or Okorocha for the Presidency against a new standard bearer of PDP. For now, GEJ/whoever is destined to rule till 2019. The Lord says so! No permutation can wish this off. GMB is still a DICTATOR IN HUMAN SPIRIT. NIGERIA SHOULD GET THIS DOMINATING SPIRIT OUT OF HIM before he might be allowed to rule Nigeria. My mouth is very clean. If Buhari is trained, Nigerian styled, for 2019, bokoharam and its sponsors will be controlled for ever.
Load of jargons at once grin This must be TAN inspired. grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

190 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
Mogidi:
Christians in the SW may have been trampled upon but Christians in the North Central SS/SE have not been subjugated as the ones in the SW.
A Buhari/Fashola is a hint the SW and the North wants full sharia. We will not be part of it.
omo alagigi, speak for urself..
I'm a yoruba and a christian, and fashola represents more than a religious idiot like u painted him to be..

In fact, Nigeria will be producing the best shot in a million years with GMB/RBF!!!

118 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Mogidi: 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
omo alagigi, speak for urself..
I'm a yoruba and a christian, and fashola represents more than a religious idiot like u painted him to be..

In fact, Nigeria will be producing the best shot in a million years with GMB/RBF!!!

Don't waste your time it won't happen, not in this federation.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by egift(m): 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
Those that fanning the flame of hate against Buhari/Fashola are not Christians (Christianity is not about going to church). That some is a Christian means he has Jesus as their personal Lord and Savour. The hate these thugs spew have no place in the presence of God.

Say no to fear and lies. Christians don't loot the treasury. grin

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by emmasege: 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
I perfectly agree wt fashola as VP but not as him pairing up wt a northern muslim. The last time I checked Nigeria still had 19 northern states. Why is it so difficult to get a northern christian as d flag bearer? Simply because it's not about power returning to f north but to a Muslim.
Save for Gowons era, it's always been a Muslim anytime a northener is in power & a Christian anytime a southerner is in same position. For once, I'd like to see a northern Christian as president and a southern Muslim as VP. Nigeria belongs to all of us!

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
Very funny. You Sir will make a good comedian
Orunto:

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
Mogidi:

I don't think folks in SS/SE will even contemplate having two muslim rulers. Why not two Christian rulers and then watch as a dozen new boko haram movements spring up. The Northern/Muslim hegemony has been broken and long may it remain so.

Forever may it remain so.

28 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
egift:
Those that fanning the flame of hate against Buhari/Fashola are not Christians (Christianity is not about going to church). That some is a Christian means he has Jesus as their personal Lord and Savour. The hate these thugs spew have no place in the presence of God.

Say no to fear and lies. Christians don't loot the treasury. grin

Have you ever sat down to ponder on why MKO/Kingibe Muslim/Muslim ticket won in 1993 but did not rule?

Our God is a consuming fire bro.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by toludadon(m): 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
Vado:
So bro, you are a Yoruba Xtian? Is that a new religion? Keep replacing that mighty name "Christ" with X sho gbo. A to e ti.
don"t quote me , you hypocrite, as if u dnt know what it means. alakata kiti , aburo bokoharam. onise ibi

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by saintneo(m): 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
Let's stop deceiving ourselves.
Why can't we have Fashola contest for presidency? Why can't APC field a "performer" rather than a "pretender"?
If Buhari is genuine, then he should retire to the background just like other elderstatesmen; Gowon, Obasanjo, et al. APC should not impose Buhari on the people.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
emmasege:
I perfectly agree wt fashola as VP but not as him pairing up wt a northern muslim. The last time I checked Nigeria still had 19 northern states. Why is it so difficult to get a northern christian as d flag bearer? Simply because it's not about power returning to f north but to a Muslim.
Save for Gowons era, it's always been a Muslim anytime a northener is in power & a Christian anytime a southerner is in same position. For once, I'd like to see a northern Christian as president and a southern Muslim as VP. Nigeria belongs to all of us!

Just like "For once, I'd like to see a southern Muslim as president and a northern Christian as VP. Nigeria belongs to all of us!"

Sunnybobo3:

Have you ever sat down to ponder on why MKO/Kingibe Muslim/Muslim ticket won in 1993 but did not rule?

...your god can do that but he cannot prevent PDP from overlooting and impoverishing Nigeria?
Your god sucks!...

saintneo:
Let's stop deceiving ourselves.
Why can't we have Fashola contest for presidency? Why can't APC field a "performer" rather than a "pretender"?
If Buhari is genuine, then he should retire to the background just like other elderstatesmen; Gowon, Obasanjo, et al. APC should not impose Buhari on the people.

Did you ever question why GEJ is contesting again? Is he the best that SS have?

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Caseless: 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
toludadon:
I love yoruba people! Sometimes i wish every tribe could have their sense of reasoning and political awareness. If it is so, Nigeria would have been better.
All hail odudua!

154 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Caseless: 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
Mogidi:

Don't waste your time it won't happen, not in this federation.
go and die!

13 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by egift(m): 4:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

You can't even imagine the enormity of what you are insinuating.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by madamoringo(f): 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
emmasege:

Why don't you go and bring out such a candidate or is the job of anyone or your father to go and find such a candidate in the 19 northern states of Nigeria? If such a person prefers to do his business or job and not buy a form to aspire to leadership, is it the job of APC or your father to go and wake him up from his sleep and present him a candidacy form on a platter?

For years such people where they exist have been cross-carpeting from party to party, for a morsel of akara, dining with any party or individual who can promise them a piece of the national cake, then you forgot about today: the day of reckoning and accountability for public trust. If such a person cannot show Nigerians they can command a huge following not based on buying human beings as TANOids like the retardodaft president GEJ, then let them first go and build public trust and reputation for not being corrupt looters like Buhari and even if they have a religion from Mars, Nigerians will be disposed to give them a serious consideration.

26 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by saintneo(m): 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
JonBee1:

Did you ever question why GEJ is contesting again? Is he the best that SS have?

Just respond to my questions and stop using questions to answer questions.

NB: Please don't quote me if you don't have anything meaningful to write.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by segend(m): 5:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
vice president is more or less ceremonial to me, will prefer BRF as a minister, than as VP

17 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by iconize(m): 5:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
In a nation of almost "100million" youths, a malnourished old cargo is found worthy to lead.

After heaping praises on Fashola as the best governor in Nigeria, judging by the mediocre Nigerian standard, they still find him less worthy to rule. grin grin grin grin

Sometimes I begin to wonder if Nigerian politicians use voodoo on their peeps! grin grin

Moronic nation, Moronic peeps!

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by neuljosh(m): 5:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
BUHARI is a failure and there is no need wasting time arguing about him winning against GEJ. Even if he choices Allah as VP he's yet going to fail. Who needs a fanatic as a Nigerian President. I would rather have a Dictator than a religious bigot like Buhari.

51 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by EmmaOgbu(m): 5:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
Any how u want am
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by peewhydee(m): 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
Unfortunately religion is being taunted to play a major role in our polity.It bothers on propaganda.I do not think poverty has a religion neither does unemployment and other socio-economic vices.The fashola choice as VP candidate would have been a good idea if the politics of religion wasnt at work. We have never had electioneering wt more religious coloration than 2015. The build up has been on much before now.However,i think fashola deserves a more intelligent boss,trust me.

24 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by SamIkenna: 6:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
Its a shame some folks would rather pretend they were from the moon.

Less divisive people like Chime, Fashola, Duke, Fayemi, Mimiko, Ribadu, Ata, Utomi, Akume, etc - these are people I'll vote for any time. Even Ogbeni, I'm willing to vote for him. Obi recently messed up by joining PDP but still, I'm willing to forgive overlook that. The people I mentioned above - I will vote for before considering Buhari and my reasons are simple:

Buhari is an ethnic champion, a Fulani supremacist, and a sharia monger. Ogbeni, in my consideration, is openly religious but you never hear him talk religion, and for that reason I'm comfortable with him knowing that he considers my interest. But Buhari....what you see is what you get. He may arguably be the most virtuous contestant but in the world we currently live, in this current climate of extreme political Islam, all non-muslims and serious secular minded individuals should be wary of folks who overtly or covertly tilt towards Islamofacism, Islamic domination, or sharia implementation. Its a pity that people who, either because of their peculiar history, have a much favorable disposition to Islam and all its variants have decided to cast aspersions on others who're wary of Buhari, sharia, or Islam in its entirety.

In some of my posts I stated how much I feel for the general. Buhari as a person is perhaps a great individual. However, in Nigeria's political sphere being great or just a nice person or whatever is not enough because our country is a mosaic of diverse and, oftentimes, mortal enemies. For the above reason, any individual seeking for a position at the center must never be seen as belonging to any of the extreme poles. Buhari is seen that way and this is what many of his supporters are not willing to accept. Hating on non-supporters of Buhari or insinuating that non-supporters of the general are thieves who're afraid of him is absurd. Yea, maybe some are - I don't know. But at the same time there're many of us whose parents were receiving birth certificates when Buhari was taking over as military head of state, now tell me -what is it did I steal to be scared of the general?

My candid give-away for Buhari's supporters is the following:
(1) Buhari is highly polarizing (that's a fact not assumption) and as such will be almost impossible to return for the second time as Nigeria's president irrespective of who he picks as VP.
(2) Paring him with another muslim will not only make his chances exponentially impossible, it will quickly disintegrate Nigeria if such combo wins, which I think could win.

Let me expatiate a bit on the following statements - "exponentially impossible," and its seeming contradiction, "which I think could win."

Let's try to be objective for a minute. We know that GEJ's support is strong in SE & SS. Middle Belt and SW have some support for GEJ but it still could go either way especially in SW. So, for that reason let's give GEJ a chunk of Middle Belt and let SW muslims go to Buhari. Now that leaves SW Christians in play. Given this scenario, if Buhari pairs with a South West Muslim its obvious that all of SW, NE, NW, and a good chunk of NC is going his way and this is enough to beat GEJ. But then another headache sets in: will SE & SS, the two predominantly Christian enclaves, watch idly while 'their dark' day unfolds? Folks, your answers are as good as mine - its game over.

Now, this is the "exponential impossibility" I was talking about: you win and lose - simultaneously! This is not USA or Europe. No strong enclave is going to play dead in this century. We see what happened in CAR and many more so its imperative we ponder on the outcome of some choices before thinking we can easily force it down the throat of others.

Buhari is a pill most of us will never in a million years accept. And accompanying the general down our throat paired with another muslim as VP, especially now that we're much more wary and apprehensive of extreme Islam (and for good reasons)? Wow! you've got to be kidding - that's practically saying good-bye to Nigeria as a union.

150 Likes 38 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Jonathan In Presence Of Osinbajo Receives Loud Ovations At Reedemed Camp / Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters / 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.