Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola (31940 Views)

Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver / Ebola Latest: US Rejects Nigeria’s Request For Trial Drug / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by seangy4konji: 10:58am On Oct 21, 2014
It's a big insult. Who do Americans think they are?its not their fault but we don't treat them in such way and we are all humans.
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by Feedmemore(f): 12:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
all4naija:
Oh,please! Is that all you can say?

What do you want me to say sweety?

Ok, here you go, America is one of the most insular, inward looking countries in the world. Most of the population have never been out of the County they were born in never mind the State. Only something like 20% have passports.

It's the panic and those propagating it that will bring down this country, not the actual even itself. Mark my words.

I think pretty soon the phrase "abundance of caution" is going to become a synonym for "act completely irrational."

Are those good enough?
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 22, 2014
Feedmemore:

What do you want me to say sweety?

Ok, here you go, America is one of the most insular, inward looking countries in the world. Most of the population have never been out of the County they were born in never mind the State. Only something like 20% have passports.

It's the panic and those propagating it that will bring down this country, not the actual even itself. Mark my words.

I think pretty soon the phrase "abundance of caution" is going to become a synonym for "act completely irrational."

Are those good enough?

Sorry that I have to ask you this question. Do you have a good looking boyfriend? I am just curious to know as it explains how your views on this matter really come to be seen. If you were you would know that almighty USA citizens are like that cute bf.
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by milkytea(f): 6:02am On Nov 20, 2014
What is so difficult for people on this thread to simply understand that during the time the school rejected this students application, the mass hysteria (spearheaded by the media) was at an all-time high? People were scared and it's only right that they wouldn't allow someone from a country neighboring Liberia to come here when they could possibly be a carrier of the disease as well.

Also, to people saying there were no Ebola cases in Nigeria; do some research. Stop thinking with your heart and start thinking with your head. And everything does not equate to racism just because America is involved. Think about the millions of dollars in aid America has sent to Africa and other continents/countries.. and yet you call all of them racists and bad people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by fightforchange1(f): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2014
Bcus of the outbreak, it was necessary.
America is having a hard time controlling the infected cases.
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by shiloxman(m): 6:36am On Apr 05, 2017
shiloxman:
been tink say na only me reason am! cool been tink say na only me reason am!

hm cool watch out 4 urself bro, later u go say na from house dem curse am. BE CAREFUL AND DON'T F*CK WITH ME!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation / Man Sitting In The Middle Of The Road With His Sick Child (Photos) / Female Genital Health And Hygiene: What Females Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.