Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (206864 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2014
nannymcphee:

Try pasting it into Microsoft word first, highlight maybe 6-10 lines per time

That's how I did mine, there was no repition

Though it wasn't a smooth process, it kinda of lags

Thanks... i have it converted to .doc already.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2014
Lobeez:
Had to share this piece I came across years back from the king of wealth transfer himself Dr Leroy Thompson
This guy is way off the hook with prosperity pimping.
Was in a CE church in Lagos sometime ago and the pastor demonstrated the "MONEY COMETH" ritual which Leroy Thompson invented

Happy Viewing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb2q_BzNHl4

had to put an earpiece on...didn't believe my ear, but then again, some one wanted us to see and hear what they wanted us to see and hear... but this thread is not to nail any preacher, it is about the book. Please. Hagin nailed no on enor mentioned any church.

Thanks
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by pickabeau1: 1:15pm On Oct 22, 2014
ch7...it seems you persist in annotating the book and calling out people (frosbel etc)

anyhow u want it

SO THE QUESTION IS

So which major pentecostal movement in nigeria does not use the highlighted

There are also some "red flags" or warning signs to watch for in determining whether a ministry is sound and worthy of support. I would suggest the utmost caution in supporting or being involved with any organization that has the following marks:

Exerts pressure to give or encourages impulse giving by saying, "You must give now!"

Makes suggestions of condemnation and guilt if you don't give.

Uses hype, emotionalism, and spiritual manipulation, such as "prophesying" dollars out of your pocket.

Makes outlandish promises such as "Everyone who gives now will receive a hundredfold return." Or, "Those who give to this offering will have your debts cancelled."

Does not promote the local church, or projects the idea that theirs is the only ministry worth supporting.

Spends more time and energy raising funds than in doing the work of the ministry.

Builds money appeals around gimmicks and sensationalism.

Also has Mr Hagin who admitted using gimmicks in his ministry also resolvd to embark on a form of restitution like Zaccheus
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2014
BabaGnoni:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEgS2uDMEF4
pickabeau1, this one is for you bro.
Enjoy watching Leroy Thompson and Creflo Dollar or throw up
- Now you know why he couldn't muster strength to turn up at Hagin's called meeting

leave the man alone! besides, i see nothing wrong in this video. Just that someone wanted us to see what he wanted us to. He shhold have given s the whole message, not that clip.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
pickabeau1:
ch7...it seems you persist in annotating the book and calling out people (frosbel etc)

anyhow u want it

SO THE QUESTION IS

So which major pentecostal movement in nigeria does not use the highlighted

No name calling here, i won't partake of that stunt. How many ministries did Hagin call out? You thought he was blind or deaf?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:52pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ever witnessed any of these personally?
Were you convinced that it was WRONG?
What did you do about it?
Gombs:

No name calling here, i won't partake of that stunt. How many ministries did Hagin call out? You thought he was blind or deaf?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by feedthenation(m): 4:25pm On Oct 22, 2014
BabaGnoni:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEgS2uDMEF4
pickabeau1, this one is for you bro.
Enjoy watching Leroy Thompson and Creflo Dollar or throw up
- Now you know why he couldn't muster strength to turn up at Hagin's called meeting

My goodness...this is pure and undiluted idolatry.

God and mammon (money) should not be mixed together.

It's beyond grief that only the 'prosperity preachers' are richly blessed, whilst their members keep floating their business empires.
Why is that their members are not living large in mansions, driving bentley cars, no private jets, shopping in exclusive boutiques and such likes..is our God a partial God?

Here's another link to one of them, http://www.bishopjordan.com/

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 5:17pm On Oct 22, 2014
vooks:
Ever witnessed any of these personally?

I'm not sure, not in my church though

Were you convinced that it was WRONG?
What did you do about it?
Refer to the above, I have no reason to lie, nor cover anyone
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 5:25pm On Oct 22, 2014
feedthenation:

My goodness...this is pure and undiluted idolatry.

God and mammon (money) should not be mixed together.

It's beyond grief that only the 'prosperity preachers' are richly blessed, whilst their members keep floating their business empires.
Why is that their members are not living large in mansions, driving bentley cars, no private jets, shopping in exclusive boutiques and such likes..is our God a partial God?

Here's another link to one of them, http://www.bishopjordan.com/

sad shocked shocked

Pray for the Church of God. Meanwhile, please, no names mentioning
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 5:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
Gombs:

sad shocked shocked

Pray for the Church of God. Meanwhile, please, no names mentioning

Suddenly Gombs is not answering questions directly again and has resorted to prayers.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by pickabeau1: 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2014
Gombs you have not answered all of my questions
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
trustman:

Suddenly Gombs is not answering questions directly again and has resorted to prayers.

Your Opinion!
Duly noted cool
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
pickabeau1:
Gombs you have not answered all of my questions

I must have missed them or more importantly ignored some, but... I thought we were discussing Hagin's book not me being interviewed? The issue with answering some of these questions is that it tends to derail the thread and defeat the purpose of the thread via the book. Remember folks can take it to extremes, that's why I discourage mentioning churches and Preachers name.

Hagin didn’t, in all his 68years of ministry, he sure had good reasons. Folks are smart enough to judge for themselves in their local assembly, and pray or teach or ask their pastors questions.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by pickabeau1: 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2014
ok..
Gombs:

I must have missed them or more importantly ignored some, but... I thought we were discussing Hagin's book not me being interviewed? The issue with answering some of these questions is that it tends to derail the thread and defeat the purpose of the thread via the book. Remember folks can take it to extremes, that's why I discourage mentioning churches and Preachers name.

Hagin didn’t, in all his 68years of ministry, he sure had good reasons. Folks are smart enough to jugde for themselves in their local assembly, and pray or teach or ask their pastors questions.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nora544: 7:12pm On Oct 22, 2014
Sorry when I see this video this schould be a pastor. Kenneth E Hagin St Louis 1997 - Holy Ghost - Laughter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL8VCbxWs3k
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2014
nora544:
Sorry when I see this video this schould be a pastor. Kenneth E Hagin St Louis 1997 - Holy Ghost - Laughter

^^^
That was featured on the WoF thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents/7#24937905
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nlMediator: 8:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
nora544:

Is it really hard to employ simple discipline? This thread has a particular focus - a book on prosperity. Why not limit your discussion to that topic? If you want to discuss other things - related or unrelated - there are threads here already for such silly business. Some of don't want to waste our time with all these distractions.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by brocab: 9:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
My quote wasn't set out to be idiotic as you say. It was meant so you can see how the truth, today has been twisted. We have got to remember the old testament tithing was set up for the priesthood who couldn't own land, also to help feed the "poor" and the "needy. It was the Pharisees who had chosen to change Gods Mosaic law, they tithe, but they didn't follow any other commandments. Matthew 23, V's 13 Woe to you, Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites. For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men:for you never go in yourselves. V's 14,Woe to you, Scribes and Pharisees, For you devour widows' houses, V's 15 for you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves. V's 16-Woe to you, blind guides, who say, "whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it". V's 23 Woe to you Scribes and Pharisees, pretenders {hypocrites}for you give a tithe of your mint and anise and cumin,and have neglected the weightier matters of the law; Justice, and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, with out leaving the others undone. These are the same Scribes, Pharisees and lawyers who paid tithes but didn't follow any of God's commandments" But abuse it. Jesus had to change the old covenant. And when we see in today's churches, again our priesthood, will tithe, but neglected the weightier matters of the law; Justice,and mercy and faith. Jesus had good reason to change that old covenant, he had seen the damaging side to it. The lord said: you cant worship Mammon and God at the same time, you will either hate one or love the other. That is why the old covenant was changed...
Gombs:

I must say your post is idiotic. No offense intended please.

Don’t derail, this is not a tithe discussion thread. If Jesus had access to flights during his time, or if he were around today, he'd have trekked with a donkey from Nazareth to Jerusalem, then down to Judea, Samaria etc. Go get a world map and check the distances. He'd have used a donkey or ship, shey?

See you all in 3hrs time. Chapter 7 in the pipeline
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 10:31pm On Oct 22, 2014
brocab:
My quote wasn't set out to be idiotic as you say. It was meant so you can see how the truth, today has been twisted. We have got to remember the old testament tithing was set up for the priesthood who couldn't own land, also to help feed the "poor" and the "needy. It was the Pharisees who had chosen to change Gods Mosaic law, they tithe, but they didn't follow any other commandments. Matthew 23, V's 13 Woe to you, Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites. For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men:for you never go in yourselves. V's 14,Woe to you, Scribes and Pharisees, For you devour widows' houses, V's 15 for you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves. V's 16-Woe to you, blind guides, who say, "whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it". V's 23 Woe to you Scribes and Pharisees, pretenders {hypocrites}for you give a tithe of your mint and anise and cumin,and have neglected the weightier matters of the law; Justice, and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, with out leaving the others undone. These are the same Scribes, Pharisees and lawyers who paid tithes but didn't follow any of God's commandments" But abuse it. Jesus had to change the old covenant. And when we see in today's churches, again our priesthood, will tithe, but neglected the weightier matters of the law; Justice,and mercy and faith. Jesus had good reason to change that old covenant, he had seen the damaging side to it. The lord said: you cant worship Mammon and God at the same time, you will either hate one or love the other. That is why the old covenant was changed...

please move your tithe lectures somewhere else like the thread for tithes and offerings. Ummmm...please, next time, employ paragraphs.

Next up is Chapter 5: Should preachers prosper?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by brocab: 10:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
Yes." Jesus said: Birds have nest, foxes have holes, but I have no place to rest my head. If Jesus was rich as some believe he was, Then with common sense. since the world began, never had the rich associated with the poor. So Jesus was poor. But rich in wisdom & knowledge..Jesus was the greatest possibility thinker their ever was on this planet, but he had chosen to be poor.
Gombs:
Ok...I'm putting up chapter 3 - Was Jesus poor?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by brocab: 11:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
Preachers should prosper in word. Seek the kingdom and his righteous. and all things shall be added to you. And it don't matter what column I write into, because even the prosperity preachers preach on the tithe. "Money" So what do you think, should Preachers prosper? quote author=Gombs post=27369957]

please move your tithe lectures somewhere else like the thread for tithes and offerings. Ummmm...please, next time, employ paragraphs.

Next up is Chapter 5: Should preachers prosper? [/quote]
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 6:15am On Oct 23, 2014
thank you for your honesty.
DO you believe they should be condemned in the strongest terms?
Gombs:

I'm not sure, not in my church though

Refer to the above, I have no reason to lie, nor cover anyone
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:20am On Oct 23, 2014
brocab:
Yes." Jesus said: Birds have nest, foxes have holes, but I have no place to rest my head. If Jesus was rich as some believe he was, Then with common sense. since the world began, never had the rich associated with the poor. So Jesus was poor. But rich in wisdom & knowledge..Jesus was the greatest possibility thinker their ever was on this planet, but he had chosen to be poor.

SMH ... undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:21am On Oct 23, 2014
vooks:
thank you for your honesty.
DO you believe they should be condemned in the strongest terms?

Like Hagin did? undecided
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 6:46am On Oct 23, 2014
I don't know how Hagin did, care to explain?
Gombs:

Like Hagin did? undecided
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 9:15am On Oct 23, 2014
vooks:
I don't know how Hagin did, care to explain?

He condemned the act in strong terms, but not the churches, nor the pastors, for good reasons- They are not answerable to him, but to God. You don’t just crucify MenOG in your book or posts because you feel you are right. If you want to correct them, call them, like Hagin did, and rebuke them to their face as Paul did to Peter's face.

Imagine if Paul sat in his bedroom and wrote to all churches about Peter condemning him in strong terms. Paul wrote about the rebuke as you knew Hagin called a meeting rebuking some preachers, Paul did his rebuke in the presence of other Pastors (James, Barnabas etc) not to the whole Christians there, just like Hagin did in the presence of other pastors. Hagin has his church, others too, Paul was to the uncircumcised, Peter to the circumcised, imagine if Paul condemned the curcumcised church with their Pastor (probably head pastor) ?

I believe in prayer, condemning these Pastors or the churches WILL NOT make any change, if it could, those putting up short videos, blogs, websites etc would have made an impact-we both know the didn’t and haven't..., we have the message now, we preach it, share the book, send to these pastor's etc... condemning to me will not help the body of Christ, it would inevitably degenerate to insulting and all. Our weapons of warfare should not be carnal.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by pickabeau1: 9:44am On Oct 23, 2014
is the new chapter out
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 23, 2014
Gombs:

I believe in prayer, condemning these Pastors or the churches WILL NOT make any change, if it could, those putting up short videos, blogs, websites etc would have made an impact-we both know the didn’t and haven't..., we have the message now, we preach it, share the book, send to these pastor's etc... condemning to me will not help the body of Christ, it would inevitably degenerate to insulting and all. Our weapons of warfare should not be carnal.

@Gombs, you have a point, but what you must understand is there is a difference between someone ignorantly walking in error and someone who deliberately arranges schemes to fleece Gods children. Some of these men know the consequences of some of their actions on the people they pull it off on but will turn a blind eye because of the wickedness of greed that has taken over them.

Oh boy, the youtube videos, web links, blogs etc is really doing a lot, but you can't see it because you are on the other side of the divide. I've met dozens of people who turned their backs on WOF after seeing some of these videos. Let me give my own story: I started reading Hagins books as far back as 1989, by the time I became a teenager, I had read up to a dozen of his books. (My Mum, a Deeper Life leader had a large collection of Hagins books). I was truly inspired by his message and great testimonies of Gods power. I became fully immersed in WOF from 1993 to 2007. I was part of the emerging 'pentecostal' era of those times
However after I began my gradual withdrawal from the WOF, had the opportunity for the first time to see videos of some of the people I had only read in books, some of these videos shocked me. My curiosity was ignited and I wanted to know more, sadly more led to more and more and more till I could not take it any longer.
Today, I see through most of them and what saddens me is the fact that a lot of them know exactly what they are doing. Most of my friends that started the journey with me joined this bandwagon, they are international ministers today and professional snake oil salesmen.

I will only pray for the few who are just ignorantly misled, but for those who are deliberately wicked, I will expose them at any given time. I do not see them as men of God so do not have have an iota of respect for them

Thanks

8 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 10:29am On Oct 23, 2014
Whew- Are you trying to say being 'an international minister and professional snake oil salesmen' does not mean one has God's divine approval?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 23, 2014
shdemidemi:
Whew- Are you trying to say being 'an international minister and professional snake oil salesmen' does not men one has God's approval?

No, and I don't see how my statement implied that undecided
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2014
^ Ok, thanks. At least now we know that been internationally accepted and popularly known as a minister of God by world standard does not necessarily mean one is representing God and His Word.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 10:57am On Oct 23, 2014
You should speak against it as well. Save your fellow brethren from pious fraud.
Did paul ever mention by name wrongdoers?
Gombs:

He condemned the act in strong terms, but not the churches, nor the pastors, for good reasons- They are not answerable to him, but to God. You don’t just crucify MenOG in your book or posts because you feel you are right. If you want to correct them, call them, like Hagin did, and rebuke them to their face as Paul did to Peter's face.

Imagine if Paul sat in his bedroom and wrote to all churches about Peter condemning him in strong terms. Paul wrote about the rebuke as you knew Hagin called a meeting rebuking some preachers, Paul did his rebuke in the presence of other Pastors (James, Barnabas etc) not to the whole Christians there, just like Hagin did in the presence of other pastors. Hagin has his church, others too, Paul was to the uncircumcised, Peter to the circumcised, imagine if Paul condemned the curcumcised church with their Pastor (probably head pastor) ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.