Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC (38375 Views)

Speaker Tambuwal Gets OPC Protection / Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially / In Kano, Speaker Tambuwal Requests Amnesty For Boko Haram! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by adanny01(m): 11:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:
Time and Time again, politicians of Northern extraction have shown themselves to be disloyal to the principles of one Nigeria. First it was Sanusi and now Tambuwal.

I can't help but look back at the many years of Northern leadership of our great nation Nigeria and the decorum with which Nigerians of all works of life, religion and tribe rallied under the banner of one Nigeria.

Politics is not entirely a game of power but unity, the unity that was hard won by the likes of Nnamdi Azikiwe and Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, may their soul rest in perfect peace.

If Northern politicians continue to show distaste and intolerance to other Nigerians in authority, then even if by a miracle APC wins an election which is highly unlikely, there will be no one Nigeria treasury to loot.

A House divided against itself cannot stand.

Are you saying that there should be no opposition? Every Nigerian should just forget the elections since GEJ is already president and should go ahead till 2015?

I want you to think very well on how or why the Northerners supported Obj and not GEJ. Why the so much political heat and cross-carpeting in GEJ's tenure and not OBJ's. Why the constant and counter accusations? Dont tell me that its hate or envy.

I believe that all answers are right before you but you choose to ignore or you dont want to accept things as they really are.

I wont leave without saying that i saw this coming immediatly after GEJ was elected.

3 Likes

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by gebest: 11:07pm On Oct 20, 2014
mployer:

I Hope he has 27m to pick APC normination form undecided
he is contesting for Governorship election not presidency. Ok!

1 Like

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by uchdavinci: 11:08pm On Oct 20, 2014
Impeachment is imminent... See u in the court of appeal.

1 Like

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by abdulabbakar(m): 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
grin grin
deletrue:
That is why I will never vote for apc. I have appealed to all my children who a matured not to vote for this apc. Imagine four governors from the same region and are all last term governors defected at once to the opposition party. This has not happen since independence. There is no way God and indeed Nigerians will allow apc to win. It is as serious as that. No ethnic group is too yellow or too superior to continue to rule over others. No way. Mark some where.

Go jump into a well! grin grin
Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by bendeco(m): 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
bangiskings:
. My friend shut up who said PDP is for christian....... I am proudly christian but voting for GMB. Sai buhari
Mumu u r d 1 to shut up... Is foolishly to vote 4 buhari.. Same people wey go kill u!. Mumu

1 Like

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by gebest: 11:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
pendy79:
Isn't it amazing that a party birthed less than.2 years ago is having so much goodwill and attracting people of timbre and calibre into its rank daily.

The sole reason I guess is the unbridled and undeniable anti-corruption stance of General Mohammadu Buhari and the political sagacity of Bola Ahmed Tinubu. When brains and brawn meets you can be sure of results and performance.

Kudos to all the eggheads and political juggernaut in this assemblage of political bulldozers in Nigeria's political space.

2015 is damn becoming closer to reality .....
U BE PATRICK OBAHIAGBON?

1 Like

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by pendy79: 11:15pm On Oct 20, 2014
gebest:
U BE PATRICK OBAHIAGBON?

Lol. Hon. Patrick dey a world of his own o bro.
Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by 7lives: 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2014
tomakint:

No Sir, you are not a Christian, you are just a MUMUni who loves to read the Bible!

I'm also a christian but I'll be voting poverty, incompetence, ineptitude and corruption aka pindinpin out come 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by adanny01(m): 11:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
Billyonaire:
I am not surprised by Tambuwal's Defection, infact, I pity him. Going by all political antecedence, all prior members of PDP who defect from PDP almost always come back to PDP begging to be reintegrated. (Use Nuhu Ribadu, Tom Ikimi as case studies).

Tambuwal's defection is selfish, he is a small player. He has always been a square peg in the round hole. His intention is to contest the Governorship election in Sokoto State. He has no impact on PDP whatsoever neither is he relevant in PDP's scheme to defeat APC in 2015.

There is no tear on the armor plate, and the ripple created by his defection is just a storm in PDP's Tea Cup. Tambuwal, by mere look at his face, is a dazed caricature of Ajax Bukana.

Let me also add, that defection of PDP bigshots into APC shouldnt been seen as respect for APC by these parastic/selfish ex-PDP members, these goons are just using APC as platform to achieve selfish aims, just as they would have joined Olumba Olumba Obu sect to achieve an aim, it the sect was to guarantee them success in selfish contest. They cant simply realize their aim under the great PDP, where they are too many bright and shiny options which negates them to nobodies. Once they get what they want, they will get back to PDP (Mimiko as case study). APC is to Nigeria's Politicosphere, what Toilet Tissue paper is to Billyonaire - Use once, and flush with the s/hit.

This is my Technical Knockout.

Billyonaire - Pro-PDP Nairaland Chapter.

You sound bitter like a man with a bruised ego who just realised that his hadsome rich neighbour has been 4king his beautiful wife.

He represents a constituency who have decided to part ways with PDP, if he wants their support what do you expect him to do? Sit in PDP and lose relevance?

4 Likes

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by gebest: 11:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
GEJ PLS TAKE HEART.

1 Like

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by gebest: 11:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
pendy79:

Lol. Hon. Patrick dey a world of his own o bro.
all those ur big big grammar sef, i dont ve a choice than to LIKE/SHARE it.
Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by zimoni(f): 11:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
I wish the best of luck.

Many have joined APC and many more are going to join APC.

PDP need to do their homework very very well.

Jonathan won 7 States in North in 2011, I don't see him winning more than 3 States(FCT, Benue and Plateau) this time around.

If Buhari or whoever gets the ticket could win 17 States in North and win about 4 more States in SW, then PDP is gone and automatically becomes Opposition Party.

Another Issue I Forsee Is Handling Over To APC.

My Instinct Tells Me Jonathan May Refuse To Hand Over To APC In 2015.

I Also Forsee His SS Brothers Declaring Secession Immediately INEC Announced The Winner.

War Is Looming

Nobody Should Be Caught Unaware Especially We Southernerns Who Are Living In North.

Let The Best Candidate Emerge Sha.

Peace.

3 Likes

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by 7lives: 11:27pm On Oct 20, 2014
deletrue:
That is why I will never vote for apc. I have appealed to all my children who a matured not to vote for this apc. Imagine four governors from the same region and are all last term governors defected at once to the opposition party. This has not happen since independence. There is no way God and indeed Nigerians will allow apc to win. It is as serious as that. No ethnic group is too yellow or too superior to continue to rule over others. No way. Mark some where.

There is no way God will allow Nigerians to go through another four years of demonic and satanic government of PDP, it is either PDP leave or they fall down and die.
Just as no ethnic group is superior to the other, no ethnic group has the right to subject this country to international embarrassment.

2 Likes

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by gabicon: 11:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
If PDP doesn't sort out the govonors endorsement/ automatic senate sit I believe that a lot more PDP members will decamp to APC and honestly speaking I don't see the light in that tunnel. The thing about our politics in Nigeria is that it lacks ideology, one should join a political party because of what they stand for and believe in a unification of purpose, its unfortunate that we built an ideology whose foundation is regionalism, religion, and selfish interests.

Now a new election is on the way the questions we need to ask our legislators is what have they achieved this past 4 years to justify their take home pay? No PIB and other beneficial bills.
We need to judge the executives by the resources at their disposal in comparation to the deliverables on ground and get good explanations for the discrepancies. But as usual we will judge them in isolation.
We have the electorate need to let them know that we are not only boss during elections we are always boss and they are our servants.

3 Likes

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by Gorgeous58(f): 11:33pm On Oct 20, 2014
Person wey dey move from one party to another na wetin dem dey call am?

2 Likes

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 20, 2014
A
Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by adanny01(m): 11:38pm On Oct 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
After doing all these ,he wants to come back.
I bet he forgot something? undecided grin

After doing all that, people after him messed things up and GEJ did even worst increasing the desire for him to return and do if possible what he did before.

Are you for or against a better, disciplined and corruption free Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
adanny01:

You sound bitter like a man with a bruised ego who just realised that his hadsome rich neighbour has been 4king his beautiful wife.

He represents a constituency who have decided to part ways with PDP, if he wants their support what do you expect him to do? Sit in PDP and lose relevance?
Why do APC nematodes chose to insult for politicians to make a point ?
Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by adanny01(m): 11:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
Billyonaire:
Handsome rich neighbour ? Why do APC nematodes chose to insult for politicians to make a point ?

I said 'like'. Am sure i didnt call u a nematode or mean any insult. I still wont cos we are civilised and are slow to anger. You show off your PDP temperament too easy.

Laugh it off brother, we are both Nigerians and should want good things for all.
Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
adanny01:

I said 'like'. Am sure i didnt call u a nematode or mean any insult. I still wont cos we are civilised and are slow to anger. You show off your PDP temperament too easy.

Laugh it off brother, we are both Nigerians and should want good things for all.
Now you want me to laugh it off, but you started on the offensive like you are worth my time. Stop nagging and let us sweat it out irresponsibly if that tickles your fancy, by and large, I was tutored not to dine with losers, so I cant dance for APC, being an opposition to winners makes me a loser and I dont want that. Life is too short to waste up to 4yrs being bitter.

1 Like

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by ibrahym47(m): 12:01am On Oct 21, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:
Time and Time again, politicians of Northern extraction have shown themselves to be disloyal to the principles of one Nigeria. First it was Sanusi and now Tambuwal.

I can't help but look back at the many years of Northern leadership of our great nation Nigeria and the decorum with which Nigerians of all works of life, religion and tribe rallied under the banner of one Nigeria.

Politics is not entirely a game of power but unity, the unity that was hard won by the likes of Nnamdi Azikiwe and Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, may their soul rest in perfect peace.

If Northern politicians continue to show distaste and intolerance to other Nigerians in authority, then even if by a miracle APC wins an election which is highly unlikely, there will be no one Nigeria treasury to loot.

Politics
Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by U90INDIVERSIT(m): 12:04am On Oct 21, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
he would have stayed back and fight on.

he would have stayed back and fought on.......daiziz be long
Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by adanny01(m): 12:13am On Oct 21, 2014
Billyonaire:
Now you want me to laugh it off, but you started on the offensive like you are worth my time. Stop nagging and let us sweat it out irresponsibly if that tickles your fancy, by and large, I was tutored not to dine with losers, so I cant dance for APC, being an opposition to winners makes me a loser and I dont want that. Life is too short to waste up to 4yrs being bitter.

Knock yourself out.
Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 21, 2014
No one is stopping anyone from moving, but GEJ till 2019.
But come ooo why do people cherish power this much? Do or die...na wa ooo. If am correct the speaker of Federal Republic of Nigeria is the 4th person in command, so why not jeje manage am you wan be #1. OK o i wish you well before my northern brothers go say i be bad belle.
pheesayor:
The Speaker of Nigeria’s House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal has defected to Nigeria’s Opposition, All Progressives Congress, APC dumping the ruling People’s Democratic Party, PDP a platform through which he emerged speaker of the green chamber.

Tambuwal defected Monday in Sokoto when he attendeed the APC Stakeholders meeting , the speaker is expected to announce his defection officially during Tuesday’s plenary session in the House of the Whole…

Some members of the House of Representatives are also expected to defect with him during tomorrows plenary from the People’s Democratic Party. Tambuwal in the last one year has been a strong opposition to the ruling PDP, ignoring the National Executive Committee meetings of the party and attending events organized by Chieftains of the APC.

His defection comes as no surprise especially for political analysts who before now, predicted his eventual defection ahead of the 2015 general elections.. Tambuwal is known for moving from one political party to another since he began his career in active politics.

At the stakeholders meeting reports gather were Aliyu Wamako, the executive governor of Sokoto State, and Inuwa Abdulkadir, the former Minister of Youth Development who served under the President Goodluck Jonathan’s cabinet before he was sacked.

http://newswirengr.com/2014/10/20/speaker-aminu-waziri-tambuwal-finally-defects-to-apc/
Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by qleap2all(m): 12:21am On Oct 21, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

Shss... You sound ethnicism I hate when people castigate based on tribe - Northern Nigerian do we have such thing at least we just. Celebrate centenary! By the way when fani kayode,Tom ikimi or shekarau defect to PDP you never said Southern Nigeria or North.
Nigerians are Nigerians of so so state of origin your assertion is tantamont to building sentiment against a particular region.
No sane person will remain at a place he or she felt threatened and full of suspicion
Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by soloafe: 12:35am On Oct 21, 2014
fes2ga:
This show that PDP will soon return to the opposition,ever since we have been under civilian rule, 2015 is now time for democrats to take the stage....Heavy weights are now in APC this election is going to be very tough for the riggers......

SO TAMBUWAL NA HEAVY WEIGHT? DON'T THINK PDP SEES HIM AS SUCH. I DON'T EITHER.

1 Like

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by wo1F(m): 12:56am On Oct 21, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

I'm proud of you babe. That was an articulate, robust and outrightly intelligent submission. Coming from a lady even makes it an even more awesome read.

I have always submitted that I'm not moved one bit by the sudden show of support for the All Progressive Congress (APC) by the Northerners. For me their emergency patriotism is better put to test if a credible candidate who is not a Northerner is put forward by the APC.

I have personally desired some form of change to this current political situation in this country but it is an insult to myself and my generation if I will be left with no other choice than to vote a spent General who was once a President before I was born

1 Like

Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by sekzy99(m): 1:45am On Oct 21, 2014
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@gmail.com or 08023373302Thanks
Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by ddeola: 2:21am On Oct 21, 2014
I saw it coming
Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by gentle87(m): 2:27am On Oct 21, 2014
He is a politician,he wants to be governor of sokoto state,an APC state so he needs to defect....he is switching party so that he could get the required number of votes he needs to win sokoto and that was why he had to wait till this time........#tactics
Re: Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC by gentle87(m): 2:31am On Oct 21, 2014
He had to defect because he wants to become governor of sokoto state,An APC state.in order to get the required number of Votes he needs to win,he had to switch and that was why it took him time to swich political party!!!#political Tactics

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

$550m Abacha Loot: Fed Govt Set To Clear Hurdles / Workers Fleeing From Explosion Scene In Zaria, Kaduna (Photos) / Yemi Osinbajo Speaks French To President Of DR Congo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.