Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer (9159 Views)

Ask Questions About 3d And Visual Effects Here I Will Be Glad To Answer / Do You Kknow Anything About Video-conferencing? / Know Anything About Video Editing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Donald3d(m): 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hello Nairalanders i will just like to entertain questions of any sort about video editing (I AM NOT IN ANY WAY TRYING TO SHOW OFF,I'M TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE) so if you have any questions about video editing ask here would be glad to answer

1 Like

Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 20, 2014
please start from scratch. what app do you use
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Donald3d(m): 12:39am On Oct 21, 2014
adobe premeire pro
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Donald3d(m): 12:39am On Oct 21, 2014
Rawdeal:
please start from scratch. what app do you use

Adobe Premiere
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Agbeke2013: 5:13am On Oct 21, 2014
Thanks for your effort. I use adobe premiere to captured a clip but after that i dont know what to do again. Can u please teach me how to do the remaining things in terms of inserting music, adding different effect, graphic and rendering. I will be glad if u can teach me.
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Donald3d(m): 6:55am On Oct 21, 2014
Agbeke2013:
Thanks for your effort. I use adobe premiere to captured a clip but after that i dont know what to do again. Can u please teach me how to do the remaining things in terms of inserting music, adding different effect, graphic and rendering. I will be glad if u can teach me.
When you import the video or rather capture the video depending on the arrangement of your workspace (by default the imported or captured video will show in the top left hand window) to edit the video just drag that video into the timeline then you can use the various tools to perform whatever editing action you want to on the timeline you can cut,paste,trim etc depending on what you want to do ,as for the audio it will also be added on the timeline you can use the shortcut ctrl + i to import the audio file or music you want to work with then use the same principle by dragging the audio file into the timeline (note that it will show at the top left hand window)Note again that the timeline is demarcated ,that is, it has video layers and audio layers, video layers are for videos and pictures audio layers are for audio files(music sound effects etc.I hope i explained well feel free to ask further questions

Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Ademat7(m): 2:10pm On Oct 24, 2014
A friend of mine use window live movie maker to do a video using pix we snap+background musicanit was cool cos pple appreciate it. My question is that is it good to do such or is there software that can do it better? Thanks.
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Donald3d(m): 6:45am On Oct 26, 2014
Ademat7:
A friend of mine use window live movie maker to do a video using pix we snap+background musicanit was cool cos pple appreciate it. My question is that is it good to do such or is there software that can do it better? Thanks.
it actually depends on the software u are using and the one u are gud at using,it all depends on hw gud u are at using the software ,adobe premiere can also do wat you just talked about
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by revolt(m): 10:51am On Oct 26, 2014
Why do all nigerian (most)professionally acclaimed video clups lack depth. Is it the camera or nobody can handle them.
Even graphics still lacks depth n gloss. Looking 2d all the time. Why?
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by freshness2020: 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2014
Donald3d:
Hello Nairalanders i will just like to entertain questions of any sort about video editing (I AM NOT IN ANY WAY TRYING TO SHOW OFF,I'M TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE) so if you have any questions about video editing ask here would be glad to answer
Tell me how to go about E-dieus software, also an editing software!
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Donald3d(m): 12:04pm On Mar 03, 2015
freshness2020:

Tell me how to go about E-dieus software, also an editing software!
Sorry for the late reply here are links to E-dieus tutorials
http://www.ediustips.com/
http://www.onscreentraining.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=14&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=41&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=81
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by yungcheda(m): 7:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
I intend learning premiere pro by myself through resources. How long can it take me to accomplish it??
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Donald3d(m): 9:13pm On Mar 05, 2015
yungcheda:
I intend learning premiere pro by myself through resources. How long can it take me to accomplish it??
1 month give or take.
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by yungcheda(m): 7:54am On Mar 07, 2015
How about after effects?? How long to learn??
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Donald3d(m): 10:46am On Mar 07, 2015
yungcheda:
How about after effects?? How long to learn??
I will be sincere Adobe After effects is very vast ,i cant tell you for sure hw long it will take you to learn advance effects ,but for you to learn the fundamentals it should take you about a month and half.Then once you learn the fundamentals,you can do great things depending on your creativity.

1 Like

Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by osbornfotovideo: 5:47pm On Mar 07, 2015
Please where can I train on adobe premiere pro and after effect? I stay around Ikeja Lagos?
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by yungcheda(m): 9:54am On Mar 08, 2015
Thanks a lot...
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Donald3d(m): 10:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
osbornfotovideo:
Please where can I train on adobe premiere pro and after effect? I stay around Ikeja Lagos?
I could train you if you want,it will be at an affordable price are ou interested,i just concluded FREE training with some people.My number is 08182346055,call me if you are interested.

1 Like

Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Donald3d(m): 10:35pm On Mar 08, 2015
yungcheda:
Thanks a lot...
You are most welcome
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Dyoungstar: 1:29am On Mar 09, 2015
My render time takes long, how do I reduce that?
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Donald3d(m): 3:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
Dyoungstar:
My render time takes long, how do I reduce that?
There are many things you can do to improve on the render time
1.Reduce and remove all unnecassary effects and transitions(the ones you dont really need) from your timeline
2.Increase your RAM
3.Try as much as possible to render with your AC power connected(that is your charger)
4.Check out my post on what to consider before you buy a computer for CG/VFX/VIDEO EDITING check it out it will really help you here is the link http://cgpadis.com/blogs/9

Regards, if there is any other way i can help i will be glad to help.I want CG in Nigeria to get better.I will really appreciate if you guys register on my site. www.cgpadis.com
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Safari29: 10:42am On Mar 11, 2015
Bro I need help

I trained my self adobe premier cc and i have made and edited a couple of videos which are very nice. m yet to start with the after efffect thoug i had gotten loads of materials on it on the net. Am an aspiring Film maker planning to have a production company in the future. my question and fear is I have a a budget of 1.7 million naira and am not sure if it will be able to buy a quality film camera and their equipment. someone told me not to buy dslr and the likes that I should go for blackmagic 4k. I don't know if their Andre other choices out here withing the budget
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Agbeke2013: 5:04am On May 22, 2015
Donald3d:

When you import the video or rather capture the video depending on the arrangement of your workspace (by default the imported or captured video will show in the top left hand window) to edit the video just drag that video into the timeline then you can use the various tools to perform whatever editing action you want to on the timeline you can cut,paste,trim etc depending on what you want to do ,as for the audio it will also be added on the timeline you can use the shortcut ctrl + i to import the audio file or music you want to work with then use the same principle by dragging the audio file into the timeline (note that it will show at the top left hand window)Note again that the timeline is demarcated ,that is, it has video layers and audio layers, video layers are for videos and pictures audio layers are for audio files(music sound effects etc.I hope i explained well feel free to ask further questions
pls can u give me a link to download basic beginner tutorial on video editing. Thanking u in advance.
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Donald3d(m): 11:06am On Jul 14, 2015
Keep the questions coming in
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by ProfTeeUNILORIT: 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
Agbeke2013:
pls can u give me a link to download basic beginner tutorial on video editing. Thanking u in advance.
youtube shud be ur best frnd and teacher on this... patrick elis editor(my bestfrnd) taught me d basic, but i av almost all d tutorial frm youtube.
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by SSBOtaru(m): 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2015
Here is a video, I shot with Sony DSC-HX300,
On blue screen, and I did the editing in Adobe Premiere Pro CC

You can learn my work flow for free and also 3D animation @
www.ssbotaru.com
Just subscribe to my training resource news and get training Alarts And train for Free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leDmNFC6kxI
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Donald3d(m): 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
E be lilke say I go waka comot for here,just kidding , but the thread has been dead for a while, questions are still welcome anyway
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by lordmario(m): 1:08pm On Jul 19, 2015
Donald3d:
E be lilke say I go waka comot for here,just kidding , but the thread has been dead for a while, questions are still welcome anyway
I am a video editor but I always have problem with color upgrading... Can you help with this.
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Donald3d(m): 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2015
lordmario:

I am a video editor but I always have problem with color upgrading... Can you help with this.
when u say color upgrading, do you mean color grading or color correction,besides sir what software do you use
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by lordmario(m): 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
Donald3d:
when u say color upgrading, do you mean color grading or color correction,besides sir what software do you use
Yes I mean color grading....sowie for d mistake.
I use adobe premiere cs6
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by Donald3d(m): 7:58pm On Jul 19, 2015
lordmario:

Yes I mean color grading....sowie for d mistake.
I use adobe premiere cs6
the approach or technique you will use for the color grading or correction of a particular footage , is highly dependent on the footage properties , such as the light exposure when the footage was been shot and other poroperties ,but all in all you can play with the following effects and adjust their parameters to get your desired output
Color correction
Brightness and contrast
Color balance effect
Luma corrector effects
Etc
It all depends on the state of your video
However here is a link to some presets to help you with your color grading. www.premiumbeat.com/blog/free-presets-for-premiere-pro-and-after-effects/

I hope that helped
I have a CG site and social pages with constant update on such stuff , but I am not abandoning this thread however , you could check it out
www.cgpadis.com
www.facebook.com/cgpadis
Re: Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer by lordmario(m): 9:38pm On Jul 19, 2015
Donald3d:
the approach or technique you will use for the color grading or correction of a particular footage , is highly dependent on the footage properties , such as the light exposure when the footage was been shot and other poroperties ,but all in all you can play with the following effects and adjust their parameters to get your desired output
Color correction
Brightness and contrast
Color balance effect
Luma corrector effects
Etc
It all depends on the state of your video
However here is a link to some presets to help you with your color grading. www.premiumbeat.com/blog/free-presets-for-premiere-pro-and-after-effects/

I hope that helped
I have a CG site and social pages with constant update on such stuff , but I am not abandoning this thread however , you could check it out
www.cgpadis.com
www.facebook.com/cgpadis
Thanks so much bro. Pls are you in lagos?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphics Text Workshop: Design Your Profile Name / Pencil Drawing Of President Buhari / If You Are In Need Of Quality Nylon Printing, Please Look No Further

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.