Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,163 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism (22732 Views)

Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW / Power Supply Drops By 1,647MW / Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by alasco24: 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
jonatan removed fuel subsidy.He privatised NEPA,he just complicated everything.we knew dat he wasted billions of dollars because of dis but all is failure.why pple are calling for his re-election?dont u pple need better things?
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by jpphilips(m): 1:35pm On Oct 21, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Yes, I won't be surprised @ the bolded.....especially as they were responsible for Prof Nnaji's removal (Prof Nnaji was on the road to giving us 10000mw when he was sacked)

#BringbackNnaji

You really believe that thing you wrote? Nnaji was sacked for not given up a stake in Geometric power, it has nothing to do with Generator importers, Generator importers don't care about steady electricity, the people who should be scared is the gas station owners.
A generator importer can easily import prepaid meters which is more expensive with higher profit margin than generators, meter is scarce and the market is untapped, meter is smaller than generators so he doesn't need a full warehouse anymore.
They can become vendors for the distribution companies and they will get percentage for selling prepaid cards and collecting bills.

Do you know what a gas pipeline is? do you guys really believe the crap this govt say? who will take such risk? which one is vandalized recently doesn't it have a name? which facility is it supporting? we are Nigerians, we can go to site and check this things out.

By the way, I want Nnaji back, though he is smarter than his employer
Lying bastarrrds!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Kolade354(m): 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
Truckpusher:
People, they said vandalism and of course we know the people that has this as their stock in trade......APC

THUNDER FIRE YOUR FINGERTIPS IF YOU QUOTE ME FOR THE WRONG REASONS. angry
everything you blame APC wat have u gain from pdp led goverment from OBJ to GEJ.i guess notin.......u cant even brag of 20k savings in ur accct and you still support pdpd. Shame on some nigerianz wu cant tink like you.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Olaolufred(m): 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
tom29reloaded:

not excuse why u can't provide ur people electricity. Harvard university alone generate 10mw and more & is self sufficiency in power & assisting their host communities. what can ur universities do here

[size=18pt]170million people needs it more.
It is never a tenable excuse.
[/size]
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Goldenboy007(m): 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2014
This whole issue is laughable! Many of us in this generation were born into this power failure and several years later it has gone worse! I remember a day at my work place in Chicago, there was a storm coming and the power went off in the building for just 2 mins, people screamed but I sat there and felt more at home! grin grin grin ! This people should come to Nigeria!
4 years of waste, I wonder why we are disappointed...did you people ask GEJ's achievements in Bayelsa before you handed over Nigeria to him on a platter of gold! Let's see where luck will take us to..GEJ till 2025.. Nonsense!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by erico2k2(m): 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2014
jpphilips:
Gas pipeline vandalism? this guy is a clown
Sounds like a Joke abi, but the sad part is This true, people vandalize gas pipelines so we dont get gas to the power stations and then no Power, for various crafty reason,Generator suppliers number one culprit,number two Diesel suppliers the rest nah withces
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by erico2k2(m): 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
jpphilips:

You really believe that thing you wrote? Nnaji was sacked for not given up a stake in Geometric power, it has nothing to do with Generator importers, Generator importers don't care about steady electricity, the people who should be scared is the gas station owners.
A generator importer can easily import prepaid meters which is more expensive with higher profit margin than generators, meter is scarce and the market is untapped, meter is smaller than generators so he doesn't need a full warehouse anymore.
They can become vendors for the distribution companies and they will get percentage for selling prepaid cards and collecting bills.

Do you know what a gas pipeline is? do you guys really believe the crap this govt say? who will take such risk? which one is vandalized recently doesn't it have a name? which facility is it supporting? we are Nigerians, we can go to site and check this things out.

By the way, I want Nnaji back, though he is smarter than his employer
Lying bastarrrds!!
No offence, have you been to any of the Flow stations Before the flair was put out and after to see the lines through which gas get channelled and how they get pressurized?I have been to a location where these pipes get vandalized, its blown by plastic Explosives,or mayB you are thinking someone tried to steal gas lol, the aim is to stop power generation noting more nothing less.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by atlwireles: 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
Punch will never disappoint with their lies. This is the report of the same event from vanguard.
Minister tasks Abuja Disco on power supply

on October 21, 2014

By Chris Ochayi

The Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, has charged the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, AEDC, to urgently address the epileptic power supply in the entire Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja and its environs.

electricityNebo gave the marching order when he paid an unscheduled visit to AEDC Headquarters in Abuja.

He noted that the erratic supply of power in and around Abuja, especially in key government establishments is slowing down the pace of work, which is greatly impeding the performance of government programmes and activities.

The minister’s visit is meant to ascertain the challenges responsible for the recent drop in power supply in the FCT, with a view to collaborating with the company to provide immediate solution.

He lamented that Abuja as the seat of power, cannot afford to operate under low power supply, adding that the situation where most government establishments are starved of constant power supply is totally unacceptable.

He called on the management of AEDC to do a thorough check as well as prioritise load shedding to ensure that there is equitable distribution of electricity. He also noted that Nigeria, which is currently wooing investors into the power sector, will receive negative response from prospective investors if confronted with darkness when they come to discuss business.

“There is cheering news from other cities about improvement in power supply, whereas Abuja, where major government transactions take place is unfortunately starved of the needed regular power supply,” the minister said.

Also commenting, the Permanent Secretary, Power, Amb. Godknows Igali, enjoined the company to properly balance its load shedding.

He added that priority should be given to public buildings, like the Federal Secretariat, Office of the Head of Service, economic and health institutions such as the Central Bank of Nigeria, hospitals and airports.

He assured the electricity company of his Ministry’s support in tackling the challenges confronting it in the distribution of power to the Abuja environ.

Responding, the Managing Director, AEDC, Mr. Neil Croucher, called for a political decision in the quantum of power supply to the FCT. According to him, the amount of power supplied to Abuja has drastically reduced thereby necessitating the rationing of power in such a way as to satisfy all its customers.

He said the issues raised by the Minister are of great concern to the company, adding that prompt response will be given to ensure that load shedding is prioritised for optimum results.

Croucher further said that his company is in close discussion with five other electricity companies on embedded power to ensure that the supply to Abuja and its environs increased to boost economic activities in the area.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/minister-tasks-abuja-disco-power-supply/#sthash.FO7Sc1MJ.dpuf
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by ugwum007(m): 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2014
Badosqi:
Really
Well wetin concern us here..
Rocking over 48hrs light here in Osogbo.. Can't even remember last tym they switch off d light here.. Many last saturday. Light just dey Yafunyafun here.
is as if I will relocate to ur side...am allergic to black out.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by ugwum007(m): 2:50pm On Oct 21, 2014
figment232:
Bloody hater! itssti raining cats n dogs everywhere

u can lie..where d cat and dog dey? I didn't see any cat or dog falling from heaven here, or are we not in d same Nigeria?
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2014
Vandalism, the excuse invented by Thief Obasanjo to absolve PDP government of reponsibility.

Why were there n vandals during earlier governments?
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Baawaa(m): 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2014
[quote author=Firefire post=27318080]why Nigeria?

Why do you like darkness?[/quote

Because most of our politicians belong to one darkness group or the other.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by erico2k2(m): 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
GenBuhari:
Vandalism, the excuse invented by Thief Obasanjo to absolve PDP government of reponsibility.

Why were there n vandals during earlier governments?
Back then we where dependant on Hydro Electricity, we where burning the gas as in Gas Fairing at eh flow station remember? We used just the Dams mainly
Did you even have the right to criticize abcha during his reign?
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 21, 2014
Abacha never used excuse of vandals, but we were not dependant on hydro electricity during Abacha's reign
erico2k2:

Back then we where dependant on Hydro Electricity, we where burning the gas as in Gas Fairing at eh flow station remember? We used just the Dams mainly
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Forwetinnah: 4:48pm On Oct 21, 2014
Don't they ever catch these vandals
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by buskeh(m): 5:16pm On Oct 21, 2014
Thunder fire u..bt Owk! Let me go and buy candle #patient
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Revolva(m): 5:43pm On Oct 21, 2014
Nonsense...vandalism for where..for kaiji damm...hahah dem no get format for mouth to take wash us...this country there is no fact and has never been any factful reason why power has not been steady since 1960
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by femi4: 5:49pm On Oct 21, 2014
berem:
The rains are almost gone so power has dropped by 1000MW.
What exactly do you expect from a clueless government who only celebrate increase in electricity supply during the rainy season?

Fresh Air! grin grin
1 million likes

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by femi4: 7:02pm On Oct 21, 2014
berem:
The rains are almost gone so power has dropped by 1000MW.
What exactly do you expect from a clueless government who only celebrate increase in electricity supply during the rainy season?

Fresh Air! grin grin
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
kingingkinging:

The question is, if you see one will you vote for him?

If Chief Awolowo could not win when The Great Britain PM said ' if Awolowo had come to England, he would have been the best PM' ,

Let us assume Fashola decides to contest now when all of us already know he will perform better than Jonathan, will you vote for him?

Wont you start religion and tribal sentiments again?

Buhari is the answer my brother. You already (in your inner mind) that he will not be as corrupt as Jonathan (at least you cannot compare Yar' adua with Jonathan on corruption).
the only politician I can vote for currently is fashola buy he ain't contesting. the Buhari who you're vouching for doesn't seem to be capable, though that's just my humble opinion. I'm not trying to involve tribalism, all I want is someone capable, religion or ethnic background should not be put into consideration.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Truckpusher(m): 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
philips70:

I have seen your picture once in your profile and it showed you to be a matured man but you speak smaller than most teens in this forum. Are you an Agbaya?
No.

I'm actually better off than that dunce that gave birth to a nonentity like you.

Tell me , where you born an iidiot? cheesy
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Ayatullah(m): 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
RESIGN NOW!
There will always be an excuse for poor leadership in Nigeria..................:
*GEJ blames 'Boko Haram' for his failure.
*Keshi blames Sudan away loss to saboteurs.
*T. B. Joshua blames Guest House collapse to 'Strange Aircraft'.
..........now Nebo is blaming Pipeline Vandals for fall in megawatts. When will these so-called leaders learn how to throw in the towel?

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Truckpusher(m): 7:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
egift:

Truckpusher: May you keep Pushing Truck till Jonathan is kicked out. tongue grin grin grin
Lol.

Before I will resort to pushing trucks and GEJ getting kicked out ,most of you would have attained the highest refugee status with the UN. grin grin

Honestly ,that was funny grin.....smh

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by philips70(m): 7:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
Truckpusher:
No.

I'm actually better of than that dunce that gave birth to a nonentity like you.

Tell me , where you born an iidiot? cheesy

Warri children call your type IMBECITE I swear down
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by Truckpusher(m): 7:38pm On Oct 21, 2014
Kolade354:
everything you blame APC wat have u gain from pdp led goverment from OBJ to GEJ.i guess notin.......u cant even brag of 20k savings in ur accct and you still support pdpd. Shame on some nigerianz wu cant tink like you.
Sorry o.

I understand your frustration my brother and I know how painful it is,But again PDP = APC don't you think so? cheesy
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by thirty(m): 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2014
it may be wonder or magic, jonathan is deleted.

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by sekzy99(m): 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@gmail.com or 08023373302Thanks
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by DTaj: 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2014
Olaolufred:
[size=18pt] When rain comes and power situation improves marginally, saTANoids will say jonah is working.
when rain dwindles and water level fall in our dams, they say it is APC.
people (p) are doggedly decieving (d) people (p).[/size]

Well said! Nothing to add! God bless you...
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by DTaj: 8:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
lacasa:
"if I’m voted into power within
the next four years, the issue of power will
become a thing of the past. Four years is
enough for anyone in power to make significant
improvement and if I can’t improve on power
within this period, it then means I cannot do
anything even if I am there for the next four
years.” - GEJ (2011)

tongue

I remember that the President said this! In a country where our leaders are accountable to nobody, anything goes! We don't ask questions, we don't demand results, we don't question unfulfilled promises...What a country!

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by hugoart(m): 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2014
Jonathan is retrogressive.Imagine from 4500MW in 1999 to 3500MW.After mis(using) $20bn.Now 2513MW.GOD!

GMB was right afterall. That PDP saTANic spokesman should hide his lie-infected head. And apologize to GMB.
This is a further confirmation that the pdp/jonathan have failed longsufferring,ordinary Nigerians.

Please let's vote for APC,for increased electricity supply.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism by austinvsb1(m): 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
ohh buhari.. we need you soo desperately and urgently... *sobbing silently on my bed*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

INEC Just Shared This On Facebook. / Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Despite Huge Pay, Senators, Reps, Fleece Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.