Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Get A 40%watt Increase From Your Solar Panels With Solar Trackers. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Get A 40%watt Increase From Your Solar Panels With Solar Trackers. (495 Views)

Free Map Tracking Platform For Our GPS Trackers,no Monthly Fees,no Year Fees / Buy Your Spy And Security Gadgets In Lagos (spycamera,pepper Spray,gps Trackers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Get A 40%watt Increase From Your Solar Panels With Solar Trackers. by Pakingzzz(m): 9:12am On Oct 21, 2014
Get a 40% increase in watt from your existing solar panels,by using a solar tracker.

Anyone ever heared of solar trackers?

For those who havn't. It is used to track the position of the sun,as it moves across the sky in a westerly direction from dawn to dusk. So it points the solar panel directly to the sun.
That means,a solar panel moumted on a solar tracker,will face towards the east in the morning. Then at 12.00 noon,it will face directly to the sky. At dawn,it will face the west.
You can try this out. I've done it multiple times.. For example,take an 80watt solar panel and place it on the sun. Then connect a meter to its two wires. Set your meter in the amps mode. Read the current flowing and note it. Next,tilt your solar panel to like 40 or 50 degrees away from the sun by placing a big stone or block on one edge of the panels. Note the current. You would notice a 40% or more drop in amps.
This is what happens during the time the sun rises. Like from 8.00am to 10.30am. 40%percent of the solar watt is lost. The loss becomes much with a larger system!
This phenomenon occurs because,from 10.30am to 12.00pm,the sun is still rising from the east and isn't directly overhead. The sun aligns properly with the solar panels,from 12.00pm to 2.00pm. The sun goes out of line and doesn't deliver the whole 100% energy,from 2.00pm to 4.300pm. The efficiency rapidly dwindles during this time.
Never mind the angle you see most solar panels being set at. All those companies claims its the best angle to convert the optimum energy out of the sun. It isn't the optimum. The optimum is to align the solar panels towards the sun at intervals,as the sun keeps moving across the sky!
With a solar tracker,you don't need bother about aligning your solar panels with the sun. The solar does it for you.
Noteworthy is the fact that you would notice a 40% or more increase in your solar panels.

I build and install solar trackers of all size. You can contact me via email at kingsleyobinna26@yahoo.com
or call 07015387845, 07062232332.
Re: Get A 40%watt Increase From Your Solar Panels With Solar Trackers. by Pakingzzz(m): 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2014
Here's an example of what a solar tracker can do for you.

If for instance,you had a 200watt solar panels that ends up charging only two totally depleted 12v 50Ah battery to the full,on a good sunny day.
With a solar tracker,that same solar panels will charge up three totally depleted 12v 50Ah battery to the full,on a good sunny day.
So that is the optimization i have been stressing about..

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Becomes Third Largest Smartphone Maker In Just Three Years / I Have Proves...i Need Someone To Chop This Awoof Laptop! / How To Access A Yahoo Account If Security Questions Are Lost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.