Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Set-up Of Charity Section - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Set-up Of Charity Section (5657 Views)

Today Is International Women's Day 2016: What Is It And Why Was It Set Up? / She Did Not Plan To Die (TRIBUTE To My Beloved Grandma Mrs Charity Nnoli ) / A Nairalander Referred Abroad For Treatment Needs Contact Info Of Charity Orgs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Set-up Of Charity Section by subzidi: 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hi Mods/To-Whom-It-May-Concern,
Can we have something like a charity section which could be moderated by T-HEN Executives where verified cases of people who need financial help are posted after verification OR individuals can post cases on this section which ofcourse could be verified independently by prospective helper/s.
The objective is for easy refrence to threads where people have called out for help but might be swallowed up in the course of subsequent posts/threads when put up on a regular section like family or health section. This also makes it easy for helpers to visit such threads from time to time to know when a situation has emerged in order to help.
Someone like me prefers to pay my tithe this way and it is difficult to scout from thread to thread /section to section looking for who needs help.

I would appreciate if this request is granted.

Shallom!!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by pickabeau1: 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
Look like a wonderful idea

Mynd44
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 21, 2014
I'm in smiley

1 Like

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
I'm in too.

1 Like

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by subzidi: 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2014
Good to know we are many that desire this, mods/ super mods please we are appealing.
Thanks.

@ Mr Siena, it's been ages I read your post(i'm a regular visitor here but I usually login as guest to read and must confess you are blessed with enormous wisdom) good to have this post bring you out of hibernation cheesy grin
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by EfemenaXY: 1:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
subzidi:
Hi Mods/To-Whom-It-May-Concern,
Can we have something like a charity section which could be moderated by T-HEN Executives where verified cases of people who need financial help are posted after verification OR individuals can post cases on this section which ofcourse could be verified independently by prospective helper/s.
The objective is for easy refrence to threads where people have called out for help but might be swallowed up in the course of subsequent posts/threads when put up on a regular section like family or health section. This also makes it easy for helpers to visit such threads from time to time to know when a situation has emerged in order to help.
Someone like me prefers to pay my tithe this way and it is difficult to scout from thread to thread /section to section looking for who needs help.

I would appreciate if this request is granted.

Shallom!!

I like this. Very much. Having every case consolidated into one thread thereby making it easier for potential helpers to pick and chose the cases that touch them the most.

**Slight digression, but as an offside, Bebe2: Any news on that young niece of yours who was really ill? cry cry cry
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Seun(m): 2:03pm On Oct 24, 2014
There is no shortage of people who need financial help. You can find them in every house, on every street, in every town, state and country. Instead of pooling resources together to help random people who just happen to catch our attention, why can't we just help those around us?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by r231(m): 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2014
Seun:
There is no shortage of people who need financial help. You can find them in every house, on every street, in every town, state and country. Instead of pooling resources together to help random people who just happen to catch our attention, why can't we just help those around us?

We cant exactly go to peoples houses and find out now can we undecided undecided

we deal with the ones that come to us and recommended by nairaland members

4 Likes

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by OmoAlata1(f): 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
I love this idea and welcome it. I too will love to pay my tithe this way as I don't trust churches. I don't want to sponsor my pastor next aeroplane or Royce rolls. I will rather give it to someone who desperately needs it to better their circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Seun(m): 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
Why not just help those around us who are elderly people and then post pictures about it online? I'm humbly proposing what looks like a less risky mode of operation. I feel that we can reorganize things a little bit before we start using our Forum's name to take cash from people.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by Seun(m): 2:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
You could go to any school and ask them if there are any good students there who are owing school fees and then go ahead and pay the fees. There are schools in your area, wherever you live. There are old people on your street selling one thing or the other. Problems everywhere.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by r231(m): 2:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
Seun:
Why not just help those around us who are elderly people and then post pictures about it online? I'm humbly proposing what looks like a less risky mode of operation. I feel that we can reorganize things a little bit before we start using our Forum's name to take cash from people.

if you have anybody in mind including elderly you want us to help, just email us or suggest it on the thread simple
Re: Set-up Of Charity Section by EfemenaXY: 3:03pm On Oct 24, 2014
Seun:

Ah! So your concern is about reputation?

Re: the bolded part of your statement - but this would be purely voluntary donations from people wishing to help though, wouldn't it? And there'll still be some level of anonymity for those who don't wish to be announced...

Having said that, I get what you're saying about reaching out to those nearest to us, but shouldn't this be about who the donors want to help? A lot of charity organisations are geared towards helping others who aren't even resident in their home country. Additionally, what if I as the donor feel my £10 or $10 would go a much longer way to helping someone in desperate need in a developing country with no welfare system for it's most vulnerable to fall back on?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Diary Of A Young Married Man. / Cancer Is Endangering The Life Of My Mother. Help!!! / I Will Cheat On My Wife From This Week-help Needed!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.