Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship (1228 Views)

Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships / Why Would A Lady Remain In An Abusive Relationship? / Why Do Women Stay In Abusive Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship by blueberryp: 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hello nairalanders, my bestie called me last night to tell me that her boyfriend of 1yr and some months proposed and she said yes, I should be happy but am not.
The reason is, the guy has been abusive since I can remember. He is a very nice guy tho but he beats her up at the slightest provocation and each time my friend would swear that its over between them but she'll go back to him the very next day once he comes begging and then the cycle would continue again.
I am really worried for her since this is her first relationship and after she told me last night I had a horrible nightmare that her mum called and told me she is dead. My mind has not been at peace since then. What should I do?
Re: Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship by Dlionsheart: 1:59pm On Oct 21, 2014
Let your friend follow her heart.

After all, its her life, she's the one to leave with the man and not nairalanders or yourself. Who knows, while you're here drinking Panadol for her headache, she may be enjoying it. Mind you, some ladies like beating, others beg for it and some even said that any man who did not beat them when they erred didn't love them.

Secondly, the best advice in the world is the advice one give him or herself.

1 Like

Re: Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship by blueberryp: 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
Dlionsheart:
Let your friend follow her heart.

After all, its her life, she's the one to leave with the man and not nairalanders or yourself. Who knows, while you're here drinking Panadol for her headache, she may be enjoying it. Mind you, some ladies like beating, others beg for it and some even said that any man who did not beat them when they erred didn't love them.

Secondly, the best advice in the world is the advice one give him or herself.
no, she doesn't enjoy it that's is why she always says she will neva go back to him but in the end the guy will sweet talk her back. I also think because its her first relationship that's why its difficult for her to pull out. We have been friends since childhood so its not very easy for me to look away cos anything happens to her I will feel guilty
Re: Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship by blueberryp: 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
I'd love to hear from anyone who has ever being in an abusive relationship, how were you able to get out of it, please share your opinions, advise and experience. Thank you
Re: Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship by Sparkle777(f): 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2014
Tell ur friend to run. Hope u re not the one? sad. Run bfor u re dead.
Re: Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship by blueberryp: 2:21pm On Oct 21, 2014
Sparkle777:
Tell ur friend to run. Hope u re not the one? sad. Run bfor u re dead.
no am not the one. Apart from my telling her to run, she has told herself to run but she can't move her feet.
Re: Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship by bellong: 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
Tell to digest this thread before her final decision. If she doesn't take your advice, there's little you can do.

If you are sure of the guy's violent behavior, inform the girl's parents.

https://www.nairaland.com/1444825/abused-wives-girlfriends-men
Re: Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
Been there. It hurts.
It doesn't make sense for her to stay put in such a relationship.
You should really sit her down and talk to her if she refuses to listen to you or any other person, well, she can enjoy the panel beating while it lasts.
Re: Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship by blueberryp: 3:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
bellong:

Tell to digest this thread before her final decision. If she doesn't take your advice, there's little you can do.

If you are sure of the guy's violent behavior, inform the girl's parents.

https://www.nairaland.com/1444825/abused-wives-girlfriends-men
this is really helpful.I didn't know of the existence of the thread, I shouldn't have opened this one
Re: Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship by blueberryp: 3:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
ojokojonwanyi:
Been there. It hurts.
It doesn't make sense for her to stay put in such a relationship.
You should really sit her down and talk to her if she refuses to listen to you or any other person, well, she can enjoy the panel beating while it lasts.
ok. Thanks
Re: Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship by Sparkle777(f): 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
[quote author=blueberryp post=27328444] no am not the one. Apart from my telling her to run, she has told herself to run but she can't move her feet.[/quot
If she doesnt heed ur warnings, at least insist she and her beau goes for couples councellin.
Re: Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
blueberryp:
Hello nairalanders, my bestie called me last night to tell me that her boyfriend of 1yr and some months proposed and she said yes, I should be happy but am not.
The reason is, the guy has been abusive since I can remember. He is a very nice guy tho but he beats her up at the slightest provocation and each time my friend would swear that its over between them but she'll go back to him the very next day once he comes begging and then the cycle would continue again.
I am really worried for her since this is her first relationship and after she told me last night I had a horrible nightmare that her mum called and told me she is dead. My mind has not been at peace since then. What should I do?

Tell her your fears, you owe her that as a friend. After that your conscience will be clear and then it's up to her. She may not appreciate you telling her the truth now but no matter what happened in future she'll know she had warning. God may be using you to warn her so please do your part and tell her .
Re: Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship by blueberryp: 8:16pm On Oct 21, 2014
Re: Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship by blueberryp: 8:18pm On Oct 21, 2014
[quote author=Sparkle777 post=27331684][/quote] mehn, reading that link in d above is scary, I don't think counselling will change him.
Re: Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship by blueberryp: 8:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
tatiana009:

Tell her your fears, you owe her that as a friend. After that your conscience will be clear and then it's up to her. She may not appreciate you telling her the truth now but no matter what happened in future she'll know she had warning. God may be using you to warn her so please do your part and tell her .
yea, am thinking of telling her parents about it
Re: Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship by Youngpo413: 8:25am On Nov 05, 2014
Na wao

(1) (Reply)

The Twins That EVERYONE Can Tell Apart! (pics) / Welcome July.....the Month Of Super YANKEETOME Discounts! / Whats Wrong With This Road Engineer's Wedding(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.