Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. (55227 Views)

Jay-jay Okocha Celebrates His 42nd Birthday Today / Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? / Final Three World Best Players Nominees (fifa Ballon D Or) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by uzolexis(f): 6:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
My love Didier Drogba is there grin kiss
But Papillo should be on that list too angry

Even yakubu suppose dey dat list...

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by hensben(m): 6:41pm On Oct 23, 2014
maybe the list is for longest serving epl players n not the best..
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by deltateam: 6:41pm On Oct 23, 2014
ROSSIKE:
69) Nicky Butt

93) Jay Jay Okocha

Tells you all you need to know about the goats who drew up the so-called list.

You are even talking. What of

2) Thierry Henry

43) Xabi Alonso
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by hensben(m): 6:48pm On Oct 23, 2014

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by M4gunners: 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
Deiok:

you wouldnt be typing this shit if you are a true epl follower, ryan giggs deserved that no1 spot.
You must be high on something.Are you now comparing TITI to Giggs? Henry deserves first position i can drag this with you from now till tomorrow.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
fair list.this is Telegraph's opinion or list don't argue make urs.
this list is more about who won more personal awards rather than who's really better talent wise,hence the inclusion of pepe reina and joe hart who has won the golden clove 3 times each which is the highest of any gk(consecutively).cech has also won it three times but not consecutively.
in my list henry is the king (oba) of epl.no homo
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by watchindelta(m): 6:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
Gareth Bale grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by donwily(m): 6:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
we all know their worths....
d person dt composed dis list doesnt even what (s)he's doin.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by hensben(m): 6:51pm On Oct 23, 2014
ojoro! same reason SAF signed uk players to get favor from ref n english FA n it worked for him by winning many domestic trophies but only 2 ucl for 27 years....now karma is here, man utd is struggling because they are not use to winning in a hard way, during SAF reign either ref gave a PK or he sent an opponent player off by given a red card or match still continue after end of extra time, mostly when man utd is finding it difficult to equalize or opponent is outplaying them.

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
M4gunners:
You must be high on something.Are you now comparing TITI to Giggs? Henry deserves first position i can drag this with you from now till tomorrow.
henry is king of epl no doubt but that list is one firm (Telegraph) opinion not a general fact.
stop the anger and make ur list.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by o42austino(m): 6:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
rawpadgin:
& about 27 of them played for man united
its 30 of them not 27 played for Man United.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Frankiss44(m): 6:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
hensben:
ojoro! sam reason SAF signed uk players to get favor from ref n english FA n it worked for him by winning many domestic trophies but only 2 ucl for 27 years....now carma is here, man utd is struggling because they are not use to winning in a hard way, during SAF reign either ref gave a PK or he sent an opponent player off by give

You guys think winning UCL is beans abi? How many has Wenger won? It is even more diff when you are a one club coach... I can remember Ferguson made it to 3 finals in 4years (2008, 2009, 2011) only to be stopped twice by a barca team on their prime... That's no mean feat... Even Madrid with all the money in the world went more than 12 years without the trophy.. Its only a fool that won't give credit to Sir Ferguson
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by M4gunners: 6:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
Jarus:

You don't know anything in EPL.

ElHadji Diouf was a complete flop in EPL with Liverpool. He was decent in Lens but his best performance was with Senegalese NT.

McCarthy had a couple of decent seasons in Blackburn, but definitely not to the extent of making Top 100 EPL players. If anything, Yakubu was more prolific than him and did not make the list.

I have a couple of issues with the list though (like Beckham being in 21..he should be higher IMO; Drogba should also rate higher; Essien almost singlehandedly carried Chelsea for 2 seasons - 2005-2007 and should be there), but it is agreeable to a large extent. I agree with the Top 3 order.

How dear you say a thing like that to me? This is the highest insult i have received from Nairalanders. Diouf was a flop you said? Go and sit down bro.Now i know you are the one that don't know anything about EPL.He won Africa Ftballer hw many times? Was he playing in Chad or Taiwan league then?
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:59pm On Oct 23, 2014
Oga Suraj grin

Dat he was given a look in is a confirmation of his dexterity on d ball.He didn't just "play to his pocket"...pple noticed him.That is my point.

Hw work dey go?
Jarus:

And 93rd position is great?
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by M4gunners: 7:02pm On Oct 23, 2014
wincyhov:

henry is king of epl no doubt but that list is one firm (Telegraph) opinion not a general fact.
stop the anger and make ur list.
Now you are talking.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by sunnyt1(m): 7:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
How could you name these players among the greatest players that ever graced the premier league, haba

Peter Beardsley
David silva
Joe Hart
Scott Parker
Kevin Phillips
Tim Howard
Pepe Reina
David Batty

I think Balotelli and sanago shd make the list too

Im nt sure i saw Robin Van persie on the list
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Pervert1(m): 7:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
And they say he is over-rated! Suckers
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by hensben(m): 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
chucky234:
Cech is on the list, your Hazard is average and way overrated.
sentiments have becloud ur sense of reasoning, hazard overrated? lol oh di maria should be there..happy now huh..neymar will be flop if he dare come to epl, neymar dives a lot like dolphin, he is been pamper in brazil, they are even planning to skip captain arm band from thiago sylva to him, that says a lot...epl is the most difficult league mostly, for dribblers, cr7 n other players who had played there attest to this but hazard has the most successful dribbling currently in the world.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by chucky234(m): 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
tuffgongjo:
His stat @ barca impressive last season or when?Hazard hasn't proved himself @ d highest place?common bro,don't let your sentiment cloud your judgement.
Neymar was voted the MVP at the FIFA Confederations Cup and was Brazil's best player the 2014 World cup while flop of the tournament.
At club level Hazard scored mere 36 goals in 149 games for Lille, 26 goals in 90 games for Chelsea and just 6 goals in 55 games for Belgium.
While Neymar scored 54 goals in 103 games for Santos, 29 goals in 50 games for Barca and 50 goals in 60 games for Brazil.
In 2011 at the age of 19 Neymar was nominated by FIFA Ballan d'Or where he came 10th best in world football and also won the FIFA puskas award for goal of the year. In same 2011 Neymar beat Messi, Ronaldihno, Fabiano, Suarez, Tevez and Diego Forlan to win the South American footballer of the year and won it again in 2012.
Now tell me who is better....
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by chucky234(m): 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
hensben:
sentiments have becloud ur sense of reasoning, hazard overrated? lol oh di maria should be there..happy now huh..neymar will be flop if he dare come to epl, neymar dives a lot like dolphin, he is been pamper in brazil, they are even planning to skip captain arm band from thiago sylva to him, that says a lot...epl is the most difficult league mostly, for dribblers, cr7 n other players who had played there attest to this but hazard has the most successful dribbling currently in the world.
At club level Hazard scored mere 36 goals in 149 games for Lille, 26 goals in 90 games for Chelsea and just 6 goals in 55 games for Belgium.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2014
M4gunners:
How dear you say a thing like that to me? This is the highest insult i have received from Nairalanders. Diouf was a flop you said? Go and sit down bro.Now i know you are the one that don't know anything about EPL.He won Africa Ftballer hw many times? Was he playing in Chad or Taiwan league then?
smh. Now I know the level of your ignorance.

Let me do charity by educating you.

Diouf won African POTY in 2001...he was a Lens player in France then, but the award was majorly because of his performance in World Cup Qualifiers in 2001

He won same award again in 2002. From January - August 2002, he was still a Lens player, but he won the award principally because of his performance at Nations Cup 2002 (runners up) and World Cup 2002 (Q/Final) performance. He moved to Liverpool only after the World Cup and the season started in August when nomination for African POTY was almost settled.

Guess what? He scored 3, yes 3, goals in his 2 seasons at Liverpool spanning 55 games, 2002- 2004! 3 goals in 55 EPL games.

You're forgiven though. I know you're one of the DSTV explosion generation.

5 Likes

Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
WoodcrestMayor:
Oga Suraj grin

Dat he was given a look in is a confirmation of his dexterity on d ball.He didn't just "play to his pocket"...pple noticed him.That is my point.

Hw work dey go?

All join. I dey. How your side.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by suptol(m): 7:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
For your satisfied, classical graphic designs, kindly contact Suptol Designs. A brand for the job.

Below is a link to his portfolio and contact details.

https://www.nairaland.com/1841535/suptol-designs-portfolio
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by chucky234(m): 7:16pm On Oct 23, 2014
xtervaganza:
that's what you get for talking crap about a guy who has more talent in his weiner than your whole body

Eediot
It is useless exchanging words with a discombobulated chronic goon, Hazard is overrated.

Suarez scored 112 goals in 130 games for Ajax and scored 30 goals in 31 games for Liverpool last season which is 4 goals higher than what Hazard has managed for Chelsea in 90 games.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2014
Fine o!

I'm a big fan of yours grin
Jarus:

All join. I dey. How your side.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by miqos02(m): 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2014
timothyuche1:
Where is Hazard, Peter Czech, Costa, Mikel Obi, Van daa Saar, Layman, (abi keeper no follow for players)
They are not serious
lehman
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by chucky234(m): 7:19pm On Oct 23, 2014
Jarus:

smh. Now I know the level of your ignorance.

Let me do charity by educating you.

Diouf won African POTY in 2001...he was a Lens player in France then, but the award was majorly because of his performance in World Cup Qualifiers in 2001

He won same award again in 2002. From January - August 2002, he was still a Lens player, but he won the award principally because of his performance at Nations Cup 2002 (runners up) and World Cup 2002 (Q/Final) performance. He moved to Liverpool only after the World Cup and the season started in August when nomination for African POTY was almost settled.

Guess what? He scored 3, yes 3, goals in his 2 seasons at Liverpool spanning 55 games, 2002- 2004! 3 goals in 55 EPL games.

You're forgiven though. I know you're one of the DSTV explosion generation.
Even Sinama Pongoll was way better than Diouf in a Liverpool shirt.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by miqos02(m): 7:21pm On Oct 23, 2014
nairaman66:
A wicked list with full swing of favoritism to British players.. Oh Britain, why are thou so fraudulent?
It's their league now, let's draw our own list too
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by miqos02(m): 7:22pm On Oct 23, 2014
chucky234:
Even Sinama Pongoll was way better than Diouf in a Liverpool shirt.
Wow I remember that guy too
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by kendrick93(m): 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
Blitz888:
Really? You mean on/off the pitch?
both.. he scored not more dan 6 goals in first season.. he was a disgrace to lfc fans
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by kendrick93(m): 7:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
Rich4god:
ahhh... For ur info, am a liverpool fan...strted supportn livapul wen McAcalister was still d captain... Reina is gud... But u cant compare his impact in premier with that of those i listed...
i am a lfc fan too and i can tell u dat u are wrong.. he was among d top 10 keepers during dat period... he is among our greatest keepers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Usyk: Anthony Joshua Angrily Stormed Out Of The Boxing Ring After Losing / Okocha Annoying Hype / Asisat Oshoala's Mother Poses Proudly With Her Daughter's Glo CAF Award. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.