Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,153 members, 7,780,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:44 AM

Dangers Of Sleeping With Another Man’s Wife - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dangers Of Sleeping With Another Man’s Wife (10609 Views)

Sex In The Church! Wife Accuses Top Lagos Pastor Of Sleeping With Church Members / Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" / The Dangers Of Wilful Sins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dangers Of Sleeping With Another Man’s Wife by ACKCITY: 10:27am On Oct 22, 2014
By Charles Oluyori (ACK)

Sleeping with another man’s wife knowingly or unknowingly attracts some curses or punishments.

Please read the whole of Genesis 20 to get a clear picture of this.

Abraham was in Gerar as a foreigner and he introduced his wife to people as his sister. This could be as a result of fear of the people attacking and killing him or for financial benefits.

The King, Abimelech took interest in Sarah, Abraham’s wife and sent for her to be brought to him.

Mind you, Abimelech did not know that Sarah was Abraham’s wife, he thought she was his sister.

Here is the Punishment he would have had if he had slept with Sarah

Genesis 20:3, “But that night God came to Abimelech in a dream and told him, “You are a dead man”

So the punishment for sleeping with another man’s wife is death, it could be death in career, in business, in relationships or even physical death!

Reason

Genesis 20:3B, “…For that woman you have taken is already married!

Wow! The only reason God gave Abimelech is that the woman he took is already married.

In Verse 4-5 of the same chapter… but Abimelech had not slept with her yet, so he said, “Lord, will you destroy an innocent nation? Didn’t Abraham tell me, ‘She is wife my sister’? And she herself said, ‘Yes, he is my brother.’ I acted in complete innocence! My hands are clean.

The only reason God did not punish Abimelech and the entire nation of Gerar was because he had not touched the woman yet, though he had intention to anyway!

And God…in Verse 6 responded, “Yes, I know you are innocent. That’s why I kept you from sinning against me, and why I did not let you touch her.

Oho! Can you see that? God did not want to punish him because of his innocence so He did not allow Abimelech touch Sarah because if he had, whether knowingly or not , then he would have been punished.

Yet men sleep with other men’s wife, they rape other men’s wife without a care on earth! They no longer even hide to do it these days and yet, there’s a great punishment- which is death, for sleeping with another man’s wife.

Like I earlier said, it could be death in physical or in career and business, etc.

If you have slept with another man’s wife, what do you do?

Good!

Genesis 20:7

You go and meet the man- I mean the woman’s husband you are sleeping with. And ask him to pray for you- simple!

“God told Abimelech- “Now return the woman to her husband and he will pray for you, for he is a prophet. Then you will live. But if you don’t return her to him, you can be sure that you and your people will die”

Incredible! Do you see that- return that woman to her husband now, or you will die- it is the word of God!

That is the only solution God has proffered for this case as in Genesis 20. Remember that Abimelech was not aware Sarah was married, not much more if he had known, yet he has not even touched her, what if he had.

Now the curse of sleeping with another man’s wife goes beyond just the man alone, now it goes on even unto his family- his children and other household members.

From Genesis 20:8 to the end Abimelech returned Sarah as God instructed, he was pardoned and Abraham prayed for him and he did not die.

Genesis 20:17, Then Abraham prayed to God, and God healed Abimelech, his wife and his female servants, so they could have children. For the Lord had caused all the women to be infertile because of what happened with Abraham’s wife Sarah.

http://citofgod..com/2014/10/why-you-should-not-sleep-with-another.html
Re: Dangers Of Sleeping With Another Man’s Wife by simdam500(m): 10:31am On Oct 22, 2014
right it a sin of which every knew even talking an already taken girl on NAiraland is a sin shocked
Re: Dangers Of Sleeping With Another Man’s Wife by lirusehn(m): 10:35am On Oct 22, 2014

*shrugz*
undecided

(1) (Reply)

It Is Very Simple To Make Heaven / The Historicity Of The Books Of The Bible - Reference: Daniel. / Why Do Atheists Hate God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.