Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! (17454 Views)

How To Get Motivated Everyday / Get Motivated By This Simple Comic. / Who Wants To Enjoy The Life & Get More And More Fun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by motivateU: 11:44am On Oct 22, 2014
A philosophy professor stood before his class with some items on the table in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks, about 2 inches in diameter.

He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks.

He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up the remaining open areas of the jar.

He then asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous “Yes.”

“Now,” said the professor, “I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The rocks are the important things – your family, your partner, your health, your children – things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter – like your job, your house, your car. The sand is everything else, the small stuff.”

“If you put the sand into the jar first,” he continued, “there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take your partner out dancing. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party, or fix the disposal.”

“Take care of the rocks first – the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.”

Learn How To Start A Lucrative Newly Discovered Mini Importation Business With As Little As 4k. see proofs and photos below

https://www.nairaland.com/1872916/wow-mini-importation-thread-just

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by motivateU: 5:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
good evening to everyone on the thread
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by Networkingprof: 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
Food for thought, that's what this thread is. Life punishes the errant soul before delivering knowledge. Sometimes, one sentence can save a man's life or destroy it altogether. Please be careful when you speak carelessly, those that hate you always remember. Thumbs up, @op.

1 Like

Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by kayojosephy(m): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2014
THANKS OP...HOPE this gets to the FP rather than those celebs pics there...

1 Like

Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by DaBozz(m): 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2014
This is lovely and educating...
Makes more sense than Genevieve and Rita Dominic who wore it better and the likes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by motivateU: 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2014
Networkingprof:
Food for thought, life punishes the errant soul before delivering knowledge, one sentence can save a man's life or destroy it. Thumbs up, @op.

nice one proff.
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by roufy235(m): 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2014
wow i love it
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by santity100: 6:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
Very true. Blood makes us relations..

But loyalty makes us family.

No price for loyalty
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by Networkingprof: 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2014
motivateU:

nice one proff.
Welcome my brother.
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by motivateU: 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
motivation washes away every obstacle that clouds our VISION
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by tempem: 8:37pm On Oct 22, 2014
motivateU:
good evening to everyone on the thread
Lately, with what my school is turning us into- we go on strike day in day out, not to even mention suspensions, am sick of what life could eventually offer... A civil engineering student to be precise, studying at a college of technology;am just confused and thinking what can I do while am still at school to earn money and which is in line with my area of discipline.
Am into autocad, but just feeling like I learnt it for learning sake...
NB.... Never mind the way I poured out my feelings, couldn't know how to perfect my sayings than this... I'd be glad if even with little encouragement, you'd help.

2 Likes

Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by motivateU: 8:49pm On Oct 22, 2014
tempem:

Lately, with what my school is turning us into- we go on strike day in day out, not to even mention suspensions, am sick of what life could eventually offer... A civil engineering student to be precise, studying at a college of technology;am just confused and thinking what can I do while am still at school to earn money and which is in line with my area of discipline.
Am into autocad, but just feeling like I learnt it for learning sake...
NB.... Never mind the way I poured out my feelings, couldn't know how to perfect my sayings than this... I'd be glad if even with little encouragement, you'd help.

the just 1 thing that is stopping you from making extra cash with autocad is that you have not approached people and inform them that you can help them with their autocad services (marketing). learn to market your skill and you have an extra source of income. if you will be interested in importation business refer to the link i posted at the top of this page as everything you will require is their. importation is very lucrative and you will surely bite your finger for discovering it this late. your success is my pride.
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by tempem: 8:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
motivateU:

the just 1 thing that is stopping you from making extra cash with autocad is that you have not approached people and inform them that you can help them with their autocad services (marketing). learn to market your skill and you have an extra source of income. if you will be interested in importation business refer to the link i posted at the top of this page as everything you will require is their. importation is very lucrative and you will surely bite your finger for discovering it this late. your success is my pride.

Thank so much bro...
I think you opened my eye to another thing entirely.... Will surely get back at you soon.
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by iamsegsy(m): 10:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
wow!! wonderful smiley inspiring!! motivating!!...BTW

sad dis won't make FP cuz nobody is comparing some silly outfit.
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by importexpert(m): 12:30am On Oct 23, 2014
iamsegsy:
wow!! wonderful smiley inspiring!! motivating!!...BTW

sad dis won't make FP cuz nobody is comparing some silly outfit.

lol. U r just too funny.
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by emeka94(m): 2:38am On Oct 23, 2014
Insightful indeed
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by roqrules04(m): 7:14am On Oct 23, 2014
very cool
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by motivateU: 8:09am On Oct 23, 2014
emeka94:
Insightful indeed

yes. good morning bro
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by motivateU: 8:12am On Oct 23, 2014
roqrules04:
very cool

yes very cool bro. how is everything?
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by Realwvn(m): 8:55am On Oct 23, 2014
Top 10 (ten) Lies Men Tell Women - http:///8kW5WWz6tg
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by Dwady(m): 10:26am On Oct 23, 2014
Lovely write up.
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by 100Cents: 10:28am On Oct 23, 2014
Wow! Going to club this weekend with Mariolae and Farano..
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by urch45: 11:33am On Oct 23, 2014
Please kindly be informed that our ratings of
these firms are not influenced in any way by our
personal relationship with them, but instead
spurred by their contribution towards the
development of the Nigerian book industry and
literacy in the country.

5. First Veritas Educational Content Delivery
Ltd
Established by the immediate former Managing
Director of Evans Publishers Limited, Gbenro
Adegbola, First Veritas Educational Content
Delivery is an organization whose focus is
strongly bent towards the provision of high
quality and cost effective educational services
and solutions through innovation to students
and other stakeholders in the educational
industry.
First Veritas as a firm stands for two things:
innovation and top quality publishing. We
believe in the years to come, First Veritas will
bank on their publishing platform to sell our
running comatose cultural identity. Welcome on
board, First Veritas.

4 Evans Publishers Limited
Evans' top quality, educative and affordable
books has not only attracted us, but it has
ensured its placement on our prestigious Top
Five.
Evans Brothers Nigeria Publishers Limited has
continued to thrive in the development of high
quality educational and curriculum based books
as well as leisure books. The company has a
subsidiary company called Nelson Publishers
which it acquired in 2004.
Evans Publishers initiated the 'Inspire
Campaign' in 2004. This campaign is a platform
adopted to positively impact and add value to
all Evans stakeholders namely; students,
teachers, booksellers, parents.
We salute you, Evans Publishers.

3 Black Tower Publishers Limited
www.blacktowerpublishers.com.ng
Black Tower Publishers Limited was
incorporated in Costa Rica in December 1966
and today Black Tower Publishers Nig Ltd
(branch) stands among Nigeria’s leading
educational and online publishers. They publish
books of all kinds; and offer manuscript editing,
proofreading, script review, ghostwriting
services and publishing contracts.

2. CassavaRepublic Press
www.cassavarepublic.biz
This is what Cassava Republic Press' refreshing
and engaging website have to say about the
intecontinental brand:
We set up Cassava Republic in 2006, after a
few years of contemplation and planning.
African writers were being increasingly
published and read overseas, with little
knowledge or availability of this new wave of
talent in Nigeria. The conversation about
African writing was taking place elsewhere.
Something had to be done.
Seven years later, we are a small but
established publishing brand, with a reputation
for bringing out high quality fiction and non-
fiction for adults and children alike.
Our mission is to change the way we all think
about African writing. We think that
contemporary African prose should be rooted in
African experience in all its diversity, whether
set in filthy-yet-sexy megacities such as Lagos
or Kinshasa, in little-known rural communities,
in the recent past or indeed the near future. We
also think the time has come to build a new
body of African writing that links writers across
different times and spaces.
It's therefore the right time to ask challenging
questions of African writing - where have we
come from, where are we now, where are we
going? Our role is to facilitate and participate in
addressing these questions, as our list grows.
We are still just beginning.
Good job, Cassava Republic.

1 Bookcraft Limited
A friend of mine was saying the other day that
Wole Soyinka must have bought a larger
percentage of Bookcraft Limited since the
company publishes all of his latest titles.
BOOKCRAFT has done well for themselves and
the publishing industry, providing upcoming
publishing houses the necessary template.What
we like about the company? If there is one thing
we are eulogizing the firm for, it is their taste of
quality which exudes in the packaging and
presentation of all of their titles.
Established in Nigeria over twenty years ago,
BOOKCRAFT has published a large number of
titles in a wide variety of subjects art;
biography; history; literature; politics; current
affairs; for a growing market of discerning,
sophisticated and well educated bibliophiles.
BOOKCRAFT has over the years established a
distinctive presence in the book market, the
uniquely-packaged, reader-friendly design of
our books, quickly becoming an instantly
recognizable trademark. Well done,
BOOKCRAFT.Congratulations.
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by youMustLaugh(m): 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2014
good afternoon to everyone on the thread
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by farano(f): 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
100Cents:
Wow! Going to club this weekend with Mariolae and Farano..
Enjoyment cheesy
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by workgist: 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
Workgist is a professional platform geared towards providing individuals and organizations with up-to-date information on business news, career studies, job vacancies, management successes and challenges.

we value individual views and perspectives, thereby, allowing people with like minds share their insights, express work challenges and get solutions from other professionals. follow us on www.workgist.com, www.facebook.com/workgist ,www.twitter.com/workgist and on google+ workgist
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by roqrules04(m): 6:33pm On Oct 23, 2014
motivateU:

yes very cool bro. how is everything?

Fine sir, did you receive my PM?
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by nwaobitex: 9:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
Ok o
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by realugee: 9:37pm On Oct 23, 2014
#justPassing
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by scofyld(m): 12:06am On Oct 24, 2014
I need a motocycle driver †o own after one year. Text Me 07030270744 if interested and stay in lago
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by gabriel212: 8:35am On Oct 24, 2014
Thanks op
This is insightful post rather than who wore it better /mr Lagbaja cooking in the kitchen.
I support for FP
Re: The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! by sirfelixduke: 8:49am On Oct 24, 2014
Make sense. Not the who wore it better rubbish alway on Fp. Op chop knuckle jawe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys / Create A Yahoo Mail Account From Your Mobile Phone Free / The Most Embarrassing Thing That Ever Happened To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.