Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina (8424 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Is Buhari In Control Of The Economy At All? US Investors ASK!! / How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by Innodon(m): 6:09am On Oct 23, 2014
Odisco2:
q
caught in the act
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by obekah(m): 6:11am On Oct 23, 2014
The children of this world are in their Generation wiser than the children of light.. The oversight implication of these developments are that soon the world would be computerised & only few would gain access to and others would be indoctrinated into believing in something they do not have knowledge of...

To reitrate this (article)or better still when rephrased;- this world is/has come to an "End". We must understand this ! Sit back & take a closer look @ what is trending in the world... What do you see
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by Hman12(m): 6:27am On Oct 23, 2014
We go see am, dis corrupt cum thief government.
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by MacluvPH(m): 6:54am On Oct 23, 2014
We don't need plans,we need action and execution of the project successfully and its consistent not epileptic.that's all.
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 23, 2014
This is a welcome development. I congratulate you oo people of Kastina.

1 Like

Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by sebali: 7:22am On Oct 23, 2014
Nigerians kip deceiving urself.
USA wud neva eva dev. our power sector for us.
The western world gains from our short falls so y do u tink dey wud help us.

If we cant help our self nobody will.
All dis statements are just international goodwill lip service

1 Like

Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by lawrenceunaa: 7:48am On Oct 23, 2014
politricks:
Nice one but pls none of this money should find its way to our politician's hand before i start hearing stories that touches the heart.
e son enter already grin
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by abubkhr: 8:31am On Oct 23, 2014
Odisco2:
Shehu Shema, *clears throat* Are You really talking about KATSINA state as regards to INVESTORS ? I see No investment in KATSINA apart from small scale businesses

And who are you exactly?
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by Odisco2(m): 8:56am On Oct 23, 2014
abubkhr:

And who are you exactly?
A Corps member serving in KATSINA
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by tyor: 9:28am On Oct 23, 2014
Is Dumb synonymous with Nigerians??

How can you open your brain and vomit statements like $20bn is much? is it your money? and have you done similar projects before to know what is too much?

have you factored the fact that Niger Republic and katsina State are volatile areas and foreigners working on that project has to be paid massive hardship allowances? Private security firms would be engaged? heavy duty equipments would have to be transported by road/air? and a private jet and choppers would be used to transport people? just too many factors that makes business hard in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by TRUEcitizen(m): 9:48am On Oct 23, 2014
MeAboki:

See bad belle, what about those creekbillies in the south blowing pipelines everyday; isn't it instructive to note that the Oyinbos have already weighed carefully where most of the risk lies and decided to hedge their bet by investing their money in the relatively safer north.
Yes, there is Boko Haram; but we are beginning to see the hands of their real sponsors - ask oga at the Top, he knows them
all.
Yaro.. U r taking this boko arm thing personal O.. I'm beginin 2 suspect U..
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by Originalsly: 9:59am On Oct 23, 2014
Hmmm......the headline is saying one thing and the article another....did the poster even read the article?..or is it he did without understanding? I guess when completed the private INVESTORS would run the plant....no doubt electricity 24/7...but can the working class afford to pay for it? Is the plant being set up to benefit Nigerians. ...or really to attract other private INVESTORS to exploit Nigeria and her neighbour? Investors do not get involved in projects for nothing.
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by jibga(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2014
Bad belle
gidjah:
BUILD D POWER PLANT and wait for boko haram or other crisis,those plants will be destroyed by them without thinkin back
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by ayobase(m): 11:42am On Oct 23, 2014
Idrismusty97:
You are right. This is a project that will benefit the whole of the continent. Kastina is just part of the plan. A pipeline from the Soraz Refinery in Niger Republic would be laid to the project site in Kastina.

if this pipeline is meant for transportation of gas to this katsina, then $20b has just gone down the drain.

we have one under construction at Kaduna, but to be powered by gas we don't have.

wasted projects....what happened to wind or solar?
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 23, 2014
Yayyy America. smiley
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 23, 2014
politricks:
Nice one but pls none of this money should find its way to our politician's hand before i start hearing stories that touches touch the heart.
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by politricks: 12:34pm On Oct 23, 2014
[quote author=ferdimako post=27381999][/quote]thanks
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by Shollay4u0(m): 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
THAT IS A GOOD ONE FOR US ALL IN NIGERIA. AM HAPPY ABOUT THIS DEVELOPMENT
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by abubkhr: 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2014
Odisco2:

A Corps member serving in KATSINA

Is that why you don't want the state to develop in order to contribute toward reducing poverty by creating job opportunities and also importing job from its neighbouring state e.g Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa, Zamfara etc. I think it is a welcome development not only to Katsina but Nigeria in general.

2 Likes

Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2014
Why is US not setting the power plant in the South South where the gas is available in abundant rather than importing from Niger? I don't understand the reason why though. Maybe the US is not confident of Nigerian ability to provide constant gas supply.
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by grandstar(m): 6:02am On Oct 24, 2014
At least MEND and other militants wont be able to blow it up! Then again, I am yet to factor in Boko Haram
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by ideylaff: 7:55am On Oct 24, 2014
gbodimowo:
Will our importers make it work

I very much understand your valid point, but please can we see the potential and not the limitations on how this is all going to pan out.

My only issue with this statement is Obama made the grant announcement at the African /American Summit (August 4 - 6 ) in the Washington. US, and I will just like to know when the visibility study was carried out and by who to have arrived at this place we are at now.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/us-africa-leaders-summit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFl1GsKWg7A&feature=player_embedded

Just a simple question....
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by Odisco2(m): 9:41am On Oct 24, 2014
abubkhr:

Is that why you don't want the state to develop in order to contribute toward reducing poverty by creating job opportunities and also importing job from its neighbouring state e.g Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa, Zamfara etc. I think it is a welcome development not only to Katsina but Nigeria in general.
Did I stand against her development? I am only attacking the Governor of his false claims
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by abubkhr: 3:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
Odisco2:

Did I stand against her development? I am only attacking the Governor of his false claims

I see. But this is not about the Governor it is about the state because Governorship is terminal while the state is there. So the issue is about the state not the Governor he can lie or make his false claim all he want at the end of the day his official term will elapse and the truth will reveal, ultimately prosperity will judge him.

1 Like

Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by stevenosa(m): 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
Jinyjagz:
20bn !!! is to much Na,...haba mana...
Wetin concern you with that? The money your people have been stealing is far more than this. That another government is coming to invest and you are angry. Better be happy and see what happen to your power supply when the project is completed.
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by darne(m): 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
Yar adua`s Vision for katsina,...God Bless Nigeria, God Bless My Lovely State wink wink wink
Re: Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina by Litmus: 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
Links with Niger Republic not a good idea.

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Accuses PDP, Atiku Of Sponsoring Smear Campaign Against Buhari / Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP / Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.