Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

What Do I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Do I Do? (1059 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do? by Beckybeky(f): 10:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
I just started a teaching job which isn't paying me much. But I'm getting interview invites from gud companies and d principal wouldn't let me go.

Pls wat do I do in dis situation? I don't wanna quit d job completely cos I may regret it.
Re: What Do I Do? by Nielbaba(m): 10:59pm On Oct 22, 2014
Dis is serious oooo.......dats y i dnt wnt to settle for just any job ....i was frustrated to d xtend im about submitin my cv n application letter for a sales executive meant for ond as required in a small pharmacy shop just beside my ous dis dis afternoon after tinkin about dis ur situation over n over ..i just made up my mind.i wunt dis evenin i had 2invitation one for interview one for test friday n saturday concurently. Dear .....i wunt say u suld leave oo but tink about d invitaations if it realy worths it ..i tink u should know wat to do..dats y im takin my time .i dnt wnt to b stuckd

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do? by smallpeepee: 11:00pm On Oct 22, 2014
grin happy birthday. Wen eva u hv interview don't tell him. Switch off ur fone d day of d interviewgrin den later snd sms dat u r purginggrin
Re: What Do I Do? by Nielbaba(m): 11:04pm On Oct 22, 2014
Lol @smallpeepee at becky happy birthdayy wullnp....my spirit works fine wit uu i tink i will like u as friend if u dnt mind ;
Re: What Do I Do? by Kimmo(f): 11:07pm On Oct 22, 2014
Tell him you have back pain and you've been given a physiotherapy appointment in LUTH or LASUTH (choose one). This works, because everyone knows Gov hospitals and their way. You have to show up on time to see your therapist, also, you can be given an appointment every week sef, till you "feel better".

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do? by Godmother(f): 5:54am On Oct 23, 2014
Kimmo:
Tell him you have back pain and you've been given a physiotherapy appointment in LUTH or LASUTH (choose one). This works, because everyone knows Gov hospitals and their way. You have to show up on time to see your therapist, also, you can be given an appointment every week sef, till you "feel better".

Kimmo, I'm so loving this your reply grin lol at till you feel better.

@OP
That your school principal is just selfish jare. Does he want you stuck in a teaching job forever! I get his point as well, but he should also understand that most graduates accept teaching positions as a temporary measure.

Pls go for your interviews and I wish you all the best.
Re: What Do I Do? by saintandsinnerz: 7:13am On Oct 23, 2014
Nielbaba:
Dis is serious oooo.......dats y i dnt wnt to settle for just any job ....i was frustrated to d xtend im about submitin my cv n application letter for a sales executive meant for ond as required in a small pharmacy shop just beside my ous dis dis afternoon after tinkin about dis ur situation over n over ..i just made up my mind.i wunt dis evenin i had 2invitation one for interview one for test friday n saturday concurently. Dear .....i wunt say u suld leave oo but tink about d invitaations if it realy worths it ..i tink u should know wat to do..dats y im takin my time .i dnt wnt to b stuckd

Change the you write before it destroys you! No offence. OP just do as somebody above stated, just give him health related excuse anytime you have an interview invitation
Re: What Do I Do? by Obeenah(m): 9:26am On Oct 23, 2014
This is surely a dilemma. I'd suggest since u can't go off, call the companies calling you for interviews and reschedule if possible to a convenient date. I'm sure most companies especially good ones will allow that since they know and would prefer someone who already is working and is professional enough to cal to reschedule. #My2cents
Re: What Do I Do? by Godmother(f): 12:35pm On Oct 23, 2014
Obeenah:
This is surely a dilemma. I'd suggest since u can't go off, call the companies calling you for interviews and reschedule if possible to a convenient date. I'm sure most companies especially good ones will allow that since they know and would prefer someone who already is working and is professional enough to cal to reschedule. #My2cents

Reschedule in Nigeria? With the number of graduates roaming the streets? I doubt that would work. Yes the company would consider you professional for calling in to state your reasons, but I doubt if they would keep the position for you. Besides, for most interviews they usually invite almost 4 times the number of candidates they need. So one person not showing up may not make much of a difference to them.
Re: What Do I Do? by Obeenah(m): 1:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
Your right, however I've called to reschedule an interview once and I was obliged. No harm trying rather than just forego it.

(1) (Reply)

Front Desk Officer For Immediate Employment / Urgently Needed / Admin Vacancies At Jagal Oil & Gas Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.