Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,826 members, 7,806,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! (2601 Views)

Proof Mtn Bis Unlimited Browsing On Pc And Android Using Tunnelguru / What Is The Deference A 419 Not? / Cyber-cafe Operators in Festac Having Problems With Police (419) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 23, 2014
During the time of last month September when jumia released & advertised phone Innjoo-I1s all over the social media including this forum, I ordered for the phone on Saturday 25-09-14, the phone was delivered to me three days after, I charged the phone fully before switching it on with my sim card, as a brand new phone I was just trying to browse through the apps, setting and features of that phone and found out that the battery was drastically drop down with just ordinary tap, never play game, make call or playing music, just by tapping the phone the battery continue reduce

I even run the apps Battery Doctor to see if that can save the phone from quick draining and last longer, all was to no avail. As every tap
on this phone count and the phone battery is reduce, making me to have less than 45% of battery from just tapping the phone for 20 minutes
without playing games, making calls, internet browsing or playing music.

Another things is tapping the phone for just 10 minutes will result in phone to start getting hot at the back without launching of apps like
games and other, the phone will start getting hot immediately, turning on of WiFi or Bluetooth also result in phone getting hot.

After taking time to check the quality and capacity of this phone, I found out that this phone cannot last for a day. I was trying to see if I
can still hold the phone and at least for normal making and receiving of calls and sms, and stay off playing games and browsing, because I
just lost my phone then and I needed one that’s why I bought this, but I found out that this phone will never last for 5 hours a day, what is
the essence of holding a phone that cannot sustain one from morning to evening, the phone that will definitely off in your pocket during the
mid-day and make one lose lot of calls.

I went on Nairaland to see the view of the people who’s also bought the phone to know how they are coping, I was surprised about the comment, I call some guys on the forum who also bought the phone at least to tell me the trick they are used in using the phone effectively, to my utmost surprise the guy told me he had sold his own to family friend couple with power-bank, but me I don’t have a power banks, I am a conscience man and I cannot sell what I knew it’s not worth it to someone not even at the lesser price. (this is when the phone was released in the market)

Just the 2nd day I received the phone and discover all these problem, I call their customer care to notify them about the problem, the lady that
pick the call acknowledge the problem, as lots of people lay complain about it, she told me that one of their dispatcher will come to retrieve
the phone from me, I waited for complete 7 days before I finally got a Call from their agent coming to retrieve the phone from me, I meet the
man and explain everything to him and give him the phone still very neat in pack, he ask me to fill a form and choose weather I prefer to get
another phone or refund my money, I choose to return my money and I wrote my Bank Account Detail for the money to be pay.

2nd day, 3rd day I did not hear anything from jumia, I called their customer care, “wasted all my credit” they ask of my order number and
said they will get back to me later, 4th day, 5th day nothing, I call again, they give me the same story, 6th day, 7th day, 8th day going I
never hear anything from jumia and I use to call consistent they only ask of my order number and told me they will look into it & that’s
all, they will even been marketing their other product to my hear while my credit is burning, they don’t care about me. It was after the 9th
days I received a message in my box, acknowledge the received of the returned product and indicate to call me in next 42 hours.

I waited for 2 days, I never hear anything from Jumia, I call them again with my credit burning, the guy ask of my order number and told me the
phone is with their engineer that they will get back to me later bla! Bla!! bla!!!.

I had call their customer care severally on this issue threaten them with law suit and social media spreading of this matter, but this people
don’t care, they believe this is faceless transaction and no one can hold them since you don’t know them

I as am written this, my money is still held down with JumiA, I am tired of calling them only to ask of order number and tell me story that they
will get back to me, most annoying thing is they will even be marketing order products to my hear during the conversation with them, while my
credit is burning, they don’t care about me, to them it’s like I had enter a one chance.

Anytime I call them now, they ask of my information, after given them, they will tell me my phone number is not on their system, my order
number is not on their system, this people are BIG SCAMMER

Please, people beware of this Jumia, they are very unreliable and not trustworthy to transact with, most of their product are sources here and
their without quality check, their products are substandard.

(PLEASE BUYER BEWARE, JUMIA ARE BIG SCAMMER)

Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 23, 2014
Pele, terrible experience.
Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by olu77(m): 11:40am On Oct 23, 2014
This is serious. Oya where are u Jumia let's hear your own side of the story
Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by Rapsowdee01(m): 11:53am On Oct 23, 2014
Hmmmmm... Brother.... Why were u so lazy to have gone to the place where they sell phones at first ? .. Pele sha....

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by civomed: 11:55am On Oct 23, 2014
Thanks for the info! May God help us
Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 23, 2014
Guy jumia is not fake

I bought police spy watch from them

I bought mini laptop with 12hour battery life from them

I bought usb with 4 port for charging multiple phone from them

I bought 20000 power bank from them

They deliver all these within 7days and I paid them cash without 1 single issue

Jumia is not the one making the phone you bought from them , they are only selling , if they promise to give u a refund its just because they wish to and its not a right

Can you buy phone from slot in ikeja and then return it the following day telling them the phone does not have good battery life? You are on your own because I know slot very very well.

Since they have promise to refund you , the next thing you have to do is to read their refund policy before coming to nairaland to seek help

2 Likes

Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by maxjax(m): 11:16am On Oct 24, 2014
the fone has factory issue...that aint jumia's problem......they wont just swap the fone for another immediately, its gonna follow channels n due process of which u and I knw. anyway sorry for the experience. I have bought lot n lots of items from jumia even the said device u talkin about without any complain yet. just give them time im sure they'll sort it out
Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by persius555(m): 5:43am On Oct 25, 2014
Op, these things happen.@ least they responded by sending someone to pick up the phone at your convenience. Keep reminding them of your plight. I have had positive testimonies about jumia in the past. Its agood thing you made your complain known to them, lets just hope they make amends.
Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by eightsin(m): 8:50am On Oct 25, 2014
Na Jumia dey manufacture the phone? They have promised to refund your money. Be patient. I know that's one thing Nigerians lack tho.
Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by ADUNOKIKI(f): 9:22am On Oct 26, 2014
You ought have screen snap the order no. It will only take a miracle to collect ur money back. Not in my life will I patronise Jumia. They almost scamed me once but I had all the evidence as I screen grab every stage of the process. Shebi they deliver ur own goods. They didn't deliver mine and refuse to refund, before I see my money collect na war. Their customer service na error. Those claiming they have positive testimonies at Jumia, they day u have issue with them ur story will change.
Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by gingger(m): 2:41pm On Oct 26, 2014
ADUNOKIKI:
You ought have screen snap the order no. It will only take a miracle to collect ur money back. Not in my life will I patronise Jumia. They almost scamed me once but I had all the evidence as I screen grab every stage of the process. Shebi they deliver ur own goods. They didn't deliver mine and refuse to refund, before I see my money collect na war. Their customer service na error. Those claiming they have positive testimonies at Jumia, they day u have issue with them ur story will change.

do u really know who a scammer is? wen u do payment on delivery.. stop tarnishing their names.. ve bought series of things from them ranging from laptops to phones.. if u see d real scammer u can't identify.. so guy chill
Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by cardoso111(m): 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2014
Lets watch the wqy we react to issues and not be emotional.Jumia is no scammrrs pls.
i ordered and got my Innjoo fone and its been delivered even to me in Ibadanand no fault.
Kudos to Jumia!
Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by dejavume: 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
dont mind jumia,they are not efficient,even their dispatch rider are too big to deliver at door step

Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by dejavume: 3:26pm On Oct 27, 2014
jumia fall my hand big time

Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2014
I've gotten games,a ps4 console, Tshirts from jumia, and they all got delivered sharply, within two days sha, yours is just bad luck
Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by spikesC(m): 11:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
How pathetic. Reading this thread tells us how backward Nigerian commerce and customer satisfaction is, and then, how the people themselves have succumed to accepting the mediocrity as a norm.

A company accepts responsibility and tells you they would process a refund in 7 days, and doesn't keep to their word. A supposed educated man comes here and defends the crap

I mean, where the fck should i begin to analyse these show of illiteracy and ignorance above.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:25am On Oct 30, 2014
spikesC:
How pathetic. Reading this thread tells us how backward Nigerian commerce and customer satisfaction is, and then, how the people themselves have succumed to accepting the mediocrity as a norm.

A company accepts responsibility and tells you they would process a refund in 7 days, and doesn't keep to their word. A supposed educated man comes here and defends the crap

I mean, where the fck should i begin to analyse these show of illiteracy and ignorance above.

My brother, no mind we Nigerians. We are steadfastly having the average IQ being reduced with each new generation.

@Op, sorry about your loss. This is the reason why I prefer buying things on eBay and Amazon if I must buy online. At least, I'm very sure that I'll get my full refund for any defective product I purchased. eBay even gives u up to 40days to open up a complaint (think they've even extended the period sef). My advice to u guys, if you want to buy a phone, tablet, etc online. Buy from Amazon or eBay. It's even cheaper there and you spend from 3k to 8k to ship it straight to your doorstep. All these ones saying good things about Jumia fit be their internet warriors sef.
Re: Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! by aslan(m): 6:22pm On Oct 30, 2014
why you no buy samsung?

(1) (Reply)

Starcomms Izap Activation / Please Help Me Crack My Mtn Fastlink E303 / Laptops & Desktop Prices In Nigeria From Different Brands [2019]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.