Stats: 3,148,566 members, 7,801,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Naija Men: Rate Their Sense Of Responsibility - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Naija Men: Rate Their Sense Of Responsibility (848 Views)

Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? / Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. / Teaching Our Children The Sense Of Gratitude. (2) (3) (4)

Naija Men: Rate Their Sense Of Responsibility by 9ja4us: 3:12pm On Nov 15, 2008
Hi all,
this is one issue that has remained on my mind for quite a while.
I have noticed that it is very easy for a Nigerian man to lose his sense of responsibility.
not that they start out to be irresponsible,
take the case of a man that earns lower than his wife, and the wife helps him out often.
after a while, the man assumes, she should continually bear the responsibilities.
If i marry a man, he should know that my helping out is not an excuse for him not being responsible.
i need opinions,  how easy is it for a man to lose his responsibility?
Re: Naija Men: Rate Their Sense Of Responsibility by lucabrasi(m): 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2008
so what exactly do you want,cause your comments look exactly like someone who want to eat their cake and have it,you want equal respect in a marriage or relatonship yet when it comes to sharing the bill you want the man to step up"as the provider/head of the family"
so once a man,makes it an habit to ask you for your half of everything you see him as "irresponsible"wow,
i though the general complaint was that women need to assert themelves e.t.c seeing as we r all equal?
so if a man is earning lower than the wife,and he expects her to contribute more to the household, same as husbands do when earning more what exactly seems to be the problem with that
Re: Naija Men: Rate Their Sense Of Responsibility by 9ja4us: 5:59pm On Nov 15, 2008
so d lady earn more, she shud be paying for all at all time.
wat is d definition of head of house
Re: Naija Men: Rate Their Sense Of Responsibility by DavidDylan(m): 10:29pm On Nov 15, 2008
9ja4us:

so d lady earn more, she should be paying for all at all time.
what is d definition of head of house

now u know that a man is the head of the house?

Hope you will remember that when it comes to housework.
Re: Naija Men: Rate Their Sense Of Responsibility by iice(f): 3:47am On Nov 17, 2008
The ones i know are responsible ooo
Re: Naija Men: Rate Their Sense Of Responsibility by Andala: 4:35am On Nov 17, 2008
Generalization syndrome is really killing my fellow people cry

Re: Naija Men: Rate Their Sense Of Responsibility by TOYOSI20(f): 6:25am On Nov 17, 2008
Andala:

Generalization syndrome is really killing my fellow people cry

No lies my dear, don't know of any irresponsible men tho!!!!!!!!! undecided

Help This Marriage! / What Will You Do? Advise Pls / Impossible Choice