Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service (38144 Views)

Gov Dickson Celebrates 50th Birthday With Family & Friends In Grand Style.Photos / Secondary School Students Arrested For Cultism Pictured With Gov Okorocha / No President Resigns In War Time -presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by farem: 2:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
Dickson, Dame Patience Jonathan's rift deepens,First Lady resigns appointment as Bayelsa super Perm Sec

The First Lady, wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Dame Patience, has resigned her appointment as a “Super” Permanent Secretary in the Bayelsa State Civil Service.
It was gathered that the resignation followed alleged final breakdown in relationship between the First Lady and the Governor of the state, Mr. Seriake Dickson.
Dickson had in July 2012, five months after his inauguration appointed Patience Jonathan, as one of the 17 new permanent secretaries in the state civil service.
Dickson said the appointment of the First Lady as a permanent secretary was based on the power conferred on him by Section 203 of the constitution.
He further said it was in recognition of her services to the state and nation adding that she was a directorate level officer in the civil service.
Sources from the Ministry of Education said the 57-year-old Patience Jonathan left the service voluntarily.
One of the sources who pleaded anonymity said the First Lady in her letter of resignation opted for voluntary retirement.
He said the ministry had computed and finalised her terminal benefits already.
When asked the total amount of her terminal benefits, he said: “Well I don’t know. All I can tell you is that everything has been processed.
“The whole thing is political. It appears Madam Peace is not happy with the governor. With her resignation, the battle line has been drawn.
“I feel the President’s wife resigned to enable her to have the moral right to slug it out with Dickson ahead of the governorship poll in the state. Let no one deceive you, the whole thing is politics. After all, she is 57 and the retirement age is 60.”
The wife of the President has a National Certificate of Education in Mathematics/Biology, which she obtained in 1989 from the Rivers State College of Education.
She also has a degree in Biology and Psychology (Education) from the University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
When contacted, Chief Salo Adikumo, who resigned during the week as Commissioner for Education, said he was no longer the commissioner.
He said: “I resigned recently as commissioner to enable me to pursue my political ambition. Please direct all your enquiries to the Ministry, ” he said.
But, a senior official of the ministry confirmed the development and said it was true the First Lady resigned.
The official, who pleaded anonymity for fear of victimisation, dismissed political reasons in her resignation.
He said: “I can say Dame Patience Jonathan has voluntarily retired. But whether there is political undertone in her resignation, I cannot say.
“I think the First Lady felt that her continued stay as Permanent Secretary will be depriving others. Now that she has thrown in the towel, it will afford others the opportunity to take her position.
“Already, in accordance with the civil service rules, we have prepared all her entitlements. Whatever is due her will be given to her. She will also be receiving her pension.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by desgiezd(m): 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2014
So the relationship has irreparably broken down so soon. Its clear the President might team up with his wife to fight the governor and one wonders why they keep fighting with governors from their region. A few years ago, Dickson was the good guy while Timipre Silver, the former governor was the fall guy. Very funny!

By the way, what's the source?

39 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Mynd44: 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2014

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by ashewopeckas(f): 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2014
In other news, Nigeria needs to start screening anybody coming in from America now. At least WHO has described us as ebola-free while ebola has been found in Texas.

BTW, Bleep andyblaze, andyblazeyansh, andyblazefcuk and all monikers with andyblaze in it.

*Strolls back to my ashee joint*

36 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by morbid: 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2014
Godfatherism in this country will never end. It's a normal thing,and sometimes a good thing,for the governor to renege on his own part of the deal with the godfather. If not for Senator Chris Ngige's doggedness and political sagacity,he would have religiously followed the dictates of his wicked godfathers,and killing his mass appeal thereafter,just like predecessor,Gov. Mbadinuju. My only worry is that Mama Peace is the one leading this covert war against the "disobedient" Gov. Dickson.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2014
Was she even supposed to be there in the first place..

awon werey

The wife of the President has a National Certificate of
Education in Mathematics/Biology, which she obtained in
1989 from the Rivers State College of Education.
She also has a degree in Biology and Psychology
(Education) from the University of Port Harcourt, Rivers
State.

Kai this thing is embarrassing!! undecided can they just stop saying this?? she has a degree in this..she has a degree in that..like seriously?!! Why then is she always throwing atomic bombs. if they even said she never went to school that would have been better, at least we would understand why she speaks like dat. Rubbish angry

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by ayusco85(m): 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
if i slap this woman now they will say am wicked undecided. how can a first lady be in the news more often than her husband is?

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by kurajordan(m): 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2014

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by tolu4you: 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
done here

7 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by klem93(m): 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
Attack from home www..com
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Innodon(m): 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
All because of 2015.....Still watching in 3HD
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
grin I guess her resignation is because of her ambition to run for Governor. grin

4 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by politricks: 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
relationship gone bad.In politics,there is no permanent enemy or friend only permanent interest.But come to think of it,its been long i heard about PEJ'S issue.Who kept her quiet?.

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Udodasco1(m): 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
Chia
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by englishmart(m): 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
farem:
Dickson, Dame Patience Jonathan's rift deepens,First Lady resigns appointment as Bayelsa super Perm Sec

The First Lady, wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Dame Patience, has resigned her appointment as a “Super” Permanent Secretary in the Bayelsa State Civil Service.
It was gathered that the resignation followed alleged final breakdown in relationship between the First Lady and the Governor of the state, Mr. Seriake Dickson.
Dickson had in July 2012, five months after his inauguration appointed Patience Jonathan, as one of the 17 new permanent secretaries in the state civil service.
Dickson said the appointment of the First Lady as a permanent secretary was based on the power conferred on him by Section 203 of the constitution.
He further said it was in recognition of her services to the state and nation adding that she was a directorate level officer in the civil service.
Sources from the Ministry of Education said the 57-year-old Patience Jonathan left the service voluntarily.
One of the sources who pleaded anonymity said the First Lady in her letter of resignation opted for voluntary retirement.
He said the ministry had computed and finalised her terminal benefits already.
When asked the total amount of her terminal benefits, he said: “Well I don’t know. All I can tell you is that everything has been processed.
“The whole thing is political. It appears Madam Peace is not happy with the governor. With her resignation, the battle line has been drawn.
“I feel the President’s wife resigned to enable her to have the moral right to slug it out with Dickson ahead of the governorship poll in the state. Let no one deceive you, the whole thing is politics. After all, she is 57 and the retirement age is 60.”
The wife of the President has a National Certificate of Education in Mathematics/Biology, which she obtained in 1989 from the Rivers State College of Education.
She also has a degree in Biology and Psychology (Education) from the University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
When contacted, Chief Salo Adikumo, who resigned during the week as Commissioner for Education, said he was no longer the commissioner.
He said: “I resigned recently as commissioner to enable me to pursue my political ambition. Please direct all your enquiries to the Ministry, ” he said.
But, a senior official of the ministry confirmed the development and said it was true the First Lady resigned.
The official, who pleaded anonymity for fear of victimisation, dismissed political reasons in her resignation.
He said: “I can say Dame Patience Jonathan has voluntarily retired. But whether there is political undertone in her resignation, I cannot say.
“I think the First Lady felt that her continued stay as Permanent Secretary will be depriving others. Now that she has thrown in the towel, it will afford others the opportunity to take her position.
“Already, in accordance with the civil service rules, we have prepared all her entitlements. Whatever is due her will be given to her. She will also be receiving her pension.”
since their's no source, their's no credibility.
This topic isn't supposed to hit fp until their is a verifiable source. embarassed

Lacklustre first lady resigning because of a fellow woman. If the story is true

2 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by austinbrown: 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
Is she a minister? Does she want to contest for governorship?

2 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by moscobabs(m): 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
let me quickly and hug transformer before I comment

This Land is not for sales oooo

Beware of my Landlord SEUN

7 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by richardjemedafe1(m): 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
Let me park well to deal and pour RAW acid in the eye of those bruhahas against my 1st and ONLY LADY.........

GEJ till ........

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
Sorry, but of what use was she in the Bayelsa civil service? Apart from probably being on their payroll.

What exactly were her responsibilities as a civil servant in Bayelsa?

She was more or less a ghost worker angry

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
Where are the eThugs? Come Entertain Us

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by JEITO: 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
Too much Assumptions in this write-up.

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by MizMyColi(f): 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
No Comments.
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by sibepoc(m): 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
Thank you
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by ElFenomeno1: 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
In the first instance, Dickson Seriake is a dumbfu...cktard for creating such a pointless role and handing it out to an illiterate to head up!

There is nothing like Patience resigned because i am sure she has done absolutely fu...ck all in that capacity.... She was never there and if she was, she never contributed or did anything. Trust me, she is that daft, dumb and dimwitted!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by skyeboy98(m): 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
Part 1, part 2 will be the husband
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
Good. Employ some else that needs the job and who wld actually do the work.
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
, tongue grin
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by mmmustapha(m): 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
The so called permanent useless have resigned

4 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by dont8(m): 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2014
Not again, why is this woman always at loggerheads with Governors of that region and who is the clueless person that made her the Permanent Secretary in the first place. The leaders of SS Region need to be tested for ogogoro intoxication.

6 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by Cellytones: 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2014
Resigned?? Commente de reservoir undecided
Re: Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service by lawrenceunaa: 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2014
Will comment my reserve later undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Decoration Of The Venue For Tompolo's 46th Birthday Lecture (Photos) / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday / Goodluck Jonathan & FFK In Niger State Over The Death Of Former Governor. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.