Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) (137881 Views)

Inside Special Forces: Nigeria’s Most-feared Fighting Unit / GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher / Tolu Ebun: Meet Nigeria’s Most Beautiful Political Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Emmadgud(m): 11:49am On Oct 24, 2014
christejames:
Well, beautiful indeed! Nigeria is actually beautiful, every states in Nigeria have a unique architecture and place of tourist attraction.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Emmadgud(m): 11:52am On Oct 24, 2014
Except Abia state,ABA precisely. HEARTLESS LEADERS HV RUINED THAT STATE...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 24, 2014
Sheraton Lagos Hotel should be included
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by emekajesus: 12:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
Nigeria get money tire
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
They are all ugly and bad buildings apart from Central Bank building in Lagos.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by darnley16(m): 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
sauceny:
If only the so called beautiful buildings,do look shinny in reality like we see in the pix....I wouldn't have any doubt of the pix i see,most of em are looking FADED.
, same with the So called American photos, its all in the pIx bro,
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by NEquity(m): 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
no single pix for Ibadan..........d so called Mapo hall sef no fine reach person's garage
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Chidoxyl(m): 12:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
Where's d pix of my own building?
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by darnley16(m): 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
craziebone:

which is neater and a bit more organized? cheesycheesycheesy
98likes for what u said,I love people like you, I don't see why Some Nigerians go Just dey behind their fones all day and criticise Nigeria, whether you guys like it or not, this is your country, this is where you , your father, your great grandpa (need I continue?) Were all born here so its better you straighten up and let's walk together , through thick or Thin this is our land bro,@the person you first quotted, then @ you ,,, thx again,

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by darnley16(m): 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Negativity is the enemy of creativity.

- David Lynch
tell him o brother, I'm sure those places he metioned he has been to none, if not he would strive more to want to see his country look more like theirs
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by darnley16(m): 1:12pm On Oct 24, 2014
all4naija:
Ptui! Weird country with weird buildings! Apart from the Central Bank building in Lagos the others are sh*ts!

What are those sh*ts surrounding the bank buildings?
union Bank Bro

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by ogtavia(m): 1:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
skentelelady:

His rants cant remove any strand of hair from my body cheesy

The way some people talk online shows they way they were brought up and the kind of environment they grew up

Maybe his family lineage was taken into slavery by the colonial masters thats why he is so bitter this way

So please ignore him.

Thank you cool

I thot ROSSIKE was female?
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by neyobills: 1:38pm On Oct 24, 2014
skentelelady:

I did my research and i knew UNILORIN is the 20th. My question was how many nigerian universities cool

Do you think i am clueless like some of you on online forum. I always do my researches before i post online cheesy

What i dont know about, i dont contribute

So get a life bro!

Stop lying to cover up ur folly,maybe u need to revisit your earlier post to see for yourself what u wrote,your question was

Outta the 130 public primary sch universities tell me THE one is among the top 10 or 20 in Africa presently,u need to beef up ur comprehension skill cos your question doesn't make any sense in standard english,you should have replaced the (THE) in caps with which then u would have been making some sense.

I still stooped low to your level to give u known facts and u are still trying to form smartypants,since u already know then why do u need to ask in the first place,do u just enjoy been a nuisance or perhaps u have nothing worthy to do with your time,incase you have nothing to do,why not get urself a copy of brighter grammer so u can improve on your english and stop disgracing yourself on internet forums.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Jasi7(m): 1:59pm On Oct 24, 2014
Obiagelli:
Op what of the dhq Abuja. Fantastic thread

U mean the ''ship house''..its there already!
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by skentelelady(f): 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
neyobills:

Stop lying to cover up ur folly,maybe u need to revisit your earlier post to see for yourself what u wrote,your question was

Outta the 130 public primary sch universities tell me THE one is among the top 10 or 20 in Africa presently,u need to beef up ur comprehension skill cos your question doesn't make any sense in standard english,you should have replaced the (THE) in caps with which then u would have been making some sense.

I still stooped low to your level to give u known facts and u are still trying to form smartypants,since u already know then why do u need to ask in the first place,do u just enjoy been a nuisance or perhaps u have nothing worthy to do with your time,incase you have nothing to do,why not get urself a copy of brighter grammer so u can improve on your english and stop disgracing yourself on internet forums.

So in ur brighter grammar, you didnt read about omission and error cheesy
U didnt need to raise the roof all because you want to correct grammar shocked
Take a chill pill cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by muktarmtt(m): 2:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
Dereformer:
GEJ is working
U r very stupid all of dis building r there since b4 GEJ b come naija presdow mumu working indeed indeed Mtcheew
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by neyobills: 3:04pm On Oct 24, 2014
skentelelady:

So in ur brighter grammar, you didnt read about omission and error cheesy
U didnt need to raise the roof all because you want to correct grammar shocked
Take a chill pill cheesy

Well omission and errors are at your own detriment,why didn't u hold your horses to re-read what you typed before u press send,or should we conclude that your fingers are working faster than your brain?

Na so u for score F9 if it were to be an examination scenario.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by iconize(m): 4:15pm On Oct 24, 2014
muktarmtt:
U r very stupid all of dis building r there since b4 GEJ b come naija presdow mumu working indeed indeed Mtcheew

Why are you raving mad?

Whether GEJ built them or not it makes no difference. Those buildings are "super" crappy, and that's the prime issue.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by skentelelady(f): 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
neyobills:

Well omission and errors are at your own detriment,why didn't u hold your horses to re-read what you typed before u press send,or should we conclude that your fingers are working faster than your brain?

Na so u for score F9 if it were to be an examination scenario.
SICK
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by tomiobj(m): 4:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
iconize:

I think asking where I come from would have been better than asking where I've travelled to.
it was a rhetorical nd sarcastic question to show that they aren't regular buildings
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by iconize(m): 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
tomiobj:
it was a rhetorical nd sarcastic question to show that they aren't regular buildings

How does your "rhetorical" question show that they're not regular buildings?

If I've visited 20 countries and seen the same mediocre buildings all over, what does that mean?
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by ekel101: 5:03pm On Oct 24, 2014
naija, though most are hotels
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by tomiobj(m): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
iconize:

How does your "rhetorical" question show that they're not regular buildings?

If I've visited 20 countries and seen the same mediocre buildings all over, what does that mean?
. so in those 20 countries. sorry. over 20 countries. the standard of all buildings are the same as the ones posted by d op.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by akigbemaru: 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2014
the most beautiful buildings in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by iconize(m): 5:43pm On Oct 24, 2014
tomiobj:
. so in those 20 countries. sorry. over 20 countries. the standard of all buildings are the same as the ones posted by d op.

Are you sure you read my comment?

You're still asking me the same question I indirectly answered.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by macof(m): 6:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
christejames:
we already have temples and museums na, although not world class.

Which temples?? Compare any temple or museum with National mosque or Even CMS cathedral
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by tomiobj(m): 7:12pm On Oct 24, 2014
iconize:

Are you sure you read my comment?

You're still asking me the same question I indirectly answered.

Just post the pic of the 'mediocrity'. That's all m askn
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
ogtavia:

Look,I am nt saying ur comments are wrong and devoid of objectivity,..no,far from it,I do nt support colonialism or slavery,..but honestly,u seem to absolve our leaders like they've been doing it right all along..South Africa suffered in the times of apartheid,...india got it tough with the British etc...our leaders are nt any better,I wasn't born in d colonial era neither in d early post colonial era,the British were brutal and most of our leaders then working with the british such as the community leaders,district head,local sheriffs were in turn carrying out the commands of their slave masters who they should av kept at bay,protect their people from the harsh slave drivers but no,what did they do,they sold their own ppl except for some few ppl who stood up for what is right...King Jaja of Opobo is one...nobody is saying the colonial era was the good old days,let me say this,you keep saying the colonial masters didn't do anything,they didn't build universities,do u knw that the premier universities,UI,OAU,UNN were built in the colonial era,do u knw dt?...one would think that the leaders who took charge after d colonial masters left were ready for d job @ hand and had the same dream those who fought for independence had,Tafawa Balewa,Nnamdi Azikiwe,Obafemi Awolowo and so many of them,but no dey didn't,ur so called good leader Yakubu Gowon said Nigeria had so much money,the only problem was how to spend it...most of the existing infrastructures we have today was built by the colonial masters..there is no way I will support our present crop of leaders...no way madam.

Obafemi Awolowo University was established by the Action group in 1961 AFTER independence, by Chief Obafemi Awolowo, who, in protest at the (colonial) Ashby Commission's recommendations in 1959 to build a federal university in the north and east, but none in the west, decided to establish the University of Ife, which later came to bear his name. That is why it is called Obafemi Awolowo University. He built it. See, the university you're crediting the white man with was actually built by a black man in protest at the white man's neglect. grin Note how the colonialists only set up a 'commisssion' to 'look into' the possibility of establishing universities a year before they were to relinquish power. Why didn't they do this in 1922? Or 1932? We would have been a more experienced nation in terms of learning, governance, technology etc today. In South Africa they set up the first universities as early as the 1890s!! Many more in the 1910s and 1920s. And you're wondering why South Africa is more developed than Nigeria. This is why we say you need to assess these things from a historical perspective, or you'll just see things on a surface level, and walk around feeling inferior to other nations and races, whom you think are ''doing better'' than you.

University of Ibadan was known as University College Ibadan, a collegiate attachment to the University of London. It granted University of London degrees! It wasn't a full fledged university until after independence in 1962.

University of Nigeria Nsukka was founded in October 7 1960 by the Eastern Region govt led by Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, AFTER independence. There was no full fledged Nigerian university until African rule was established.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by mifavour(f): 7:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
christejames:
No its not included, Enugu is the only state included from the South East with her edifice Pollo Park mall representing.
imo state's iicc is cool too. also concord hotels. some other cool hotels too
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Lamasta(m): 7:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
Wow all this in Nigeria and still we are still complaining bad govt cool shocked grin
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by christejames(m): 7:36pm On Oct 24, 2014
mifavour:

imo state's iicc is cool too. also concord hotels. some other cool hotels too
yea it is, the OP didn't notice it because he source most of his pix randomly from the internet. I know there are more beautiful buildings in some state.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by ELGREF(m): 7:38pm On Oct 24, 2014
We try,kudos to obasanjo/elrufai and others

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.