Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,878 members, 7,806,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims (29222 Views)

Happy Hijrah (Islamic New Year) to all Muslims!!! / Longest Ramadan 1433 AH Fast In Denmark / Happy Islamic New Year 1431 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by brightlomo(m): 6:37am On Oct 24, 2014
Happy new year,May Almighty Allah make us grow in Islam & make us to be steadfast in prayer.May this hijra 1436 bring us abundant blessing & make us witness more as a devoted Muslim. alahumo amin.

112 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by politricks: 7:05am On Oct 24, 2014
Happy new year all muslims.I pray this year surpasses previous years in blessing and success.amin.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by Yustash001(m): 7:13am On Oct 24, 2014
Allahumo ameen...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by Mutuwa(m): 7:33am On Oct 24, 2014
Jzakallahu..May we witness the best of a new hijira year,
In shaa Allahu .

12 Likes

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by Haywhymido(m): 8:21am On Oct 24, 2014
Ameena ya'allah

7 Likes

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by maclatunji: 10:02am On Oct 24, 2014
Muslim New Year begins with reflection, prayer

The Islamic new year begins Friday, a time for Muslims to reflect on the past 12 months and remember the origins of their faith.

Called Muharram, the first month of the Muslim New Year (which is now 1436) runs through Nov. 23.

“The Muslim New Year is really celebrated as a cultural holiday, not a particularly religious one,” said Imam Johari Abdul-Malik, director of outreach at the Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center in Falls Church, Virginia. “For Arabs, prior to the advent of the Prophet Muhammad, they had considered this a month of nonviolence. All the tribes, independent of religion, knew this month was committed to non-violence.”

“In the Islamic calendar, it is also what began ‘hijra,’” Mr. Abdul-Malik said, “the migration of the Prophet and his companions to establish a place where they were free to practice their religion, and practice it with other people who would be free to practice their religion.”

Muhammad, who lived in the eighth century and founded Islam, migrated north about 270 miles from the city of Mecca to the city of Medina.

“The city was established so people could be free to practice their religion,” Mr. Abdul-Malik said. “[At the time] this lunar calendar is significant for them because it’s the beginning of a new era they recognized in that time.”

Despite the month’s religious roots, Muharram today is “more of a cultural holiday,” he said. “Think of it as a new year, as a new beginning to make resolutions.”

Imam Faizul Khan of the Islamic Society of the Washington Area said there are only two days Muslims celebrate — Eid al-Adha, the Feast of Sacrifice, and the end of Ramadan.

Eid al-Adha celebrates the faith of Abraham being willing to sacrifice his son for God, while Ramadan is a month of reflection and spiritual discipline.

Unlike Ramadan, which is a month of fasting, most Muslims will only fast around the ninth, 10th and 11th days of Muharram, Mr. Abdul-Malik said, though those days include “all the elements of atonement, repentance and renewal.”

Shia Muslims, Mr. Khan said, generally observe the 10th day of Muharram, called Ashura, which recalls the death of the Prophet Muhammad’s grandson.

“Those two are internationally recognized Muslim holidays,” Mr. Khan said. “Those are the only two Muslims go all out for.”

Mr. Khan said the start of the new year is a time for “looking forward.”

“There’s no significant celebration,” he said. “It’s a reflection of a new year. We rejoice in such a way, we’re happy that God gave us the ability to see another day, we give thanks and praise.”

It’s a time for reflection and “recognition we’re moving one day more toward destiny,” he said.

Source: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/23/muslim-new-year-begins-with-reflection-prayer/#ixzz3H3FBBT7Q

15 Likes

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by maclatunji: 10:04am On Oct 24, 2014
brightlomo:
Happy new year,May Almighty Allah make us grow in Islam & make us to be steadfast in prayer.May this hijra 1436 bring us abundant blessing & make us witness more as a devoted Muslim. alahumo amin.

Ameen.

4 Likes

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by mcdokwe(m): 10:25am On Oct 24, 2014
Same to u, ok. I am not a Muslim, I believe in freedom of worship, I do not believe in the declaration I had to make just to be able to post here and I do plead you remove it from my wall.

I want to use this opportunity to say.

[size=20pt]it doesn't make sense oga Seun pls take the declaration of my profile, I promise I won't even view any Islamic thread again Ka ofodu posting[/size]

16 Likes

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by datguru: 10:27am On Oct 24, 2014
Heyyy abeg oooo . Seun I just wanted to say happy new year to my muslim pals and you changed my profile.

Una happy new year ooooo . grin

Oya abeg, oga seun I use Allah beg you, change that declaration on my profile. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by Swagavillage(m): 10:27am On Oct 24, 2014
oooo so una dey run pass normal calendar??

3 Likes

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by Horlawoomey(m): 10:30am On Oct 24, 2014
Taqabalallahu mini wa min kum.

8 Likes

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by WASMOG(m): 10:31am On Oct 24, 2014
Wishing us more years to come in peace and progress

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by Ahmed4002(m): 10:33am On Oct 24, 2014
Jazakallahu khairam. may Allah accept our ibadat. Jumaat kareem to the entire Muslim ummah of Nl.

For fatwa, articles etc visit www.islamhouse.com

stay bless

6 Likes

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 24, 2014
Happy New year to My hummah

6 Likes

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 24, 2014
kissSame to you brothers......and sisters in islam

2 Likes

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by mustaphaquduz: 10:37am On Oct 24, 2014
happy new year 2 all d muslim ummah.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by Saheed9: 10:39am On Oct 24, 2014
I think this is like copyin d xtian folks

1 Like

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by heryourbammie(f): 10:45am On Oct 24, 2014
And they said nothing but: "Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and our transgressions (in keeping our duties to You), establish our feet firmly, and give us victory over the disbelieving folk."
So Allah gave them the reward of this world, and the excellent reward of the Hereafter. And Allah loves Al-Muhsinun (the good-doers).
(Q3: v 147-148)
May Allah do same for us
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
صباح النور
Jumat mufeedah and Do av Barakah filled weekend

11 Likes

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by AbdH: 10:47am On Oct 24, 2014
Arcard:
huh year 1436 haha while we r in 2014 no wonder some stl dy bck wrd

The year is 10056 according to the Yoruba calendar, the world is backward because of that?

3 Likes

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by tunde1200(m): 10:54am On Oct 24, 2014
happy new year all.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by adongoba: 10:55am On Oct 24, 2014
Hamdulillah
Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by kamilous(m): 11:02am On Oct 24, 2014
Aliamdulilah,kulu Santa wanting bilikhair.
Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by Romanciella(f): 11:05am On Oct 24, 2014
HAPPY NEW YEAR MUHARAM 1436AH
The new crescent of Muharam 1436AH signifying
New Islamic Year is expected to born on Thursday
23/10/2014CE.
The 1st Muharam and the
New Islamic Year 1436AH starts on Friday
24/10/2014CE.
The Muslim Ummah should endeavor to propagate
this and let the whole wide world know that there is
an Islamic month being celebrated this day.
Please start sending greetings to your loved ones
now and wish them
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
I WISH EVERY MUSLIMS ALL OVER THE WORLD
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAY ALLAH LET US WITNESS IT AND MANY MORE IN
OUR LIVES. Pls share.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by SHOLATEMI: 11:07am On Oct 24, 2014
Alhamdulilahi,May we live long to witness many more of it on earth.Amin

1 Like

Re: Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims by adesolami36: 11:09am On Oct 24, 2014
Happy New Year to all Muslims, May we witness many more on earth.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sex Was Created For Three Basic Purposes / Tajweed / Why Muslims Should Never Have To Apologize For Terrorism - By Omar Alnatour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.