Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? (61882 Views)

Ladies Can You Return His Gift Back? / Top 4 Ways To Collect Money From A Stingy Guy / No Matter How Angry You Are With Your Man Would You Return His Diamond Gift Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by harry509: 1:20pm On Oct 26, 2014
jidestroud:
Firstly, i feel so stupid and used.
okay, the real story is this, I promised my girlfriend (Now ex) a Samsung Note 3 phone for her birthday. Luckily for me at my place of work, the cooperative had the same phone up for pick up. As a guy who is deeply in love and knows that giving is part of maintaining a healthy relationship, i decided to pick up 2 Samsung Note 3 at the rate of N130,000 to be paid over a period of 12 months. Good news, the birthday came and i delivered.
Bad news, just 2days after my warm heart gift to her, she BROKE UP WITH ME. REASON: She doesn't see a future, blah blah blah...family issues, cultural differences.
i'm in the second month of my payment now. still paying for my Ex phone.

Advice: Can I ask her for the phone back? i feel cheated. (To make matters worse, she even uses her new bobo as Dp's on her bbm, for a phone i'm still going to be indebted for the next 10 months.

SHOULD I GET MY PHONE BACK?
. Bros I wud av advice yu 2 colct it bck ooo, bcus if yu decide 2 leav d fone wit her, belt me wen u pay d money u keep on rememberin d ugly ncident dat happen. And aniday u pay d money yu meant b so bitter wit anibody dat cum's around yu. So I wil advice 2 colct ur fone frm her so dat wen doin d balance paymnt of d fone yu wil nt 5nd it dificuit. Yur happiness mata's alot. She dos nt love yu @ all. I said it b4 sum gals sabi misbhav ehen ummmM. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by suspectingmood(m): 1:20pm On Oct 26, 2014
Bros collect ur phone bak. Some times you need to fight fire with fire. I had the same issues long time ago with my girlfriend friend. This lady wanted to scam a nigga. My ex went to school and this lady keep disturbing me about how much she loves and would do any thing to sleep with me. As a sharp nigga I wanted to chop and clean mouth but i didn't know she had other plans. She came to my house as planned I wanted to rush and collect what I need to collect from her but she said no and started giving me some financial issues on how she need 200k in 2 days time I said no wahala but let's us finish up the first project then tomorrow I will give her the fund she said no let's wait until next tomorrow. As a sharp guy I told her give it to me now or no fund she refused and walk away. when my girl friend returned she told her she wanted to fraud a guy but the nigga is a smart ass although he didn't mention my name but my girl told me every thing then I was so happy not to have fallen a big victim lolz. Guys be smart ladies aren't smiling.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by greall1: 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
Who tell u that.

destante:
sorry but anything that has been gifted is no longer yours. pele
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
keyman0007:

Am not pitying him oh, am just vexed with the babe, she knew she was going to break up yet she collected the phone. The guy has come to NL for advise and am giving him my own from the little info he has provided.

on the assumption the relationship will last long, however circumstance has changed. seriously 2days that so unfair, at leaset she cld have waited fo r1 or 2 months

People collect their engagement ring back, let him collect his phone abeg. especially since he is still paying for it.
He felt he could buy her love because she was igbo.
@jide kpele, some igbo girls cannot be bought over.
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by vicadex07(m): 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
jidestroud:
I guess i have to count my loss then. cry cry cry
And i really did loved her cry cry cry cry
life goes on!!! undecided
and ofcos, no more phone giving undecided

Ode nie...its either you're forming big boy for us on nairaland or the whole story was fabricated to massage your ego. Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
somcherry:
She wanted to brk up with u and u bought her a fone, to make her change her mind grin grin.
U didn't even tell us the real reason why she broke up with u. U were just beating around the bush,claiming to be the victim.

This is a lesson to guys who think they can buy a gals love with gifts and money.
NDO!!!

*unfollows*

My dear, I've reached the same conclusion. OP is being dishonest, that's why he can't collect that phone. They may have already been broken up when he bought the phone sef. Mtcheeeeew.
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by beinstein(m): 1:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
ugwum007:

I like u
that's how we roll bro.
I told myself i can't afford to lose 2 things(the e-diot and my phone) at a time.
I collected it with the charger, carton and the sim card i gave her. Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by pansophist(m): 1:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
brownlord:

First, I won't buy phone for the woman to pay later, like I said before

Back to this op, if I'm in his shoe, I won't collect it back, you jes saying this collect, collect as if its that easy, what if the girl self head dey scatter? Omon no reason o, the op don fall mugu make em jes be mugu finish

Now trying to act tough at this time the guy don dey sample new bobo, will even make the matter worse.

Make em bear me loss simple

This guy no be stick, na human. I cant imagine the pain I will be passing through paying for a bad debt that otherwise, could have been avoided. He is emotionally drained, not collecting the phone that will save him from perpetual debt is outright foolishness, mr brownlord

Well, I no be you. I will never let my property go due to yeye maturity, unless its not a scam case, simple.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by ugwum007(m): 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
beinstein:

that's how we roll bro.
I told myself i can't afford to lose 2 things(the e-diot and my phone) at a time.
I collected it with the charger, carton and the sim card i gave her. Nonsense!

dis guy story just dey pain me anyhow
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by frebike: 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
Some of you are so funny. I do not agree it is a mistake. It is one of those stress one undergo when trying to find true love. The fact you offer to give out a precious gift,does not mean you have given out all u have. In an atempt to collect it back i see u could be regarded as a thief.
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by rocgirl: 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
Dear Op,
I'm so sorry about your indebtedness and hurting. But, how I wish we could have heard your ex's side of the story: how can someone be that heartless?
Ladies, make una no vex(let me let him in on a walk we can take on the wild/bad side):
Except she is not a pro, I tell you this; If she had nurtured intentions of using and dumping you slyishly, she would have needed time(which wouldn't be 48 hours in these case), after when you'd gotten her that present to successfully pull that trick, without raising any suspicions, whatsoever.
Like the pro she is, she would have carefully crafted that plan from start to finish, leaving no room for mistakes with an effective backup plan, one that would come handy when the need arises. And, whenever she decides hitting, she woulda smoothly dumped your a.rs.e, without you knowing her motives was slyishly and had been premeditated gan!
Truthfully, I think she had simply gotten back at you for something you did (ask her). Which explains why she had to hit you where it could hurt most, quickly.
In the first case, chic considers your emotions and may send you, in the other case, she doesn't give a fuc.k!
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by UrbanMystique: 1:28pm On Oct 26, 2014
collect your phone back. if she tries to lay hard ball, call the cops ans say she stole it from you. simple

1 Like

Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by pansophist(m): 1:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
frebike:
Some of you are so funny. I do not agree it is a mistake. It is one of those stress one undergo when trying to find true love. The fact you offer to give out a precious gift,does not mean you have given out all u have. In an atempt to collect it back i see u could be regarded as a thief.

regarded as a thief when he has the receipt? lol

Unless the girl can prove documnetary ownership of the phone, she is the thief here, The guy need to sail safely though or else, he might en up as the thief of course

1 Like

Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by pansophist(m): 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
Krystalxxx:

How rare for a man to say that. I will praise you when I see a guy like that grin

So how far? make we enta koro and do the needful? I dont kiss and tell grin grin
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 26, 2014
pansophist:

So how far? make we enta koro and do the needful? I dont kiss and tell grin grin

There's no need really grin
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by Odunharry(m): 1:35pm On Oct 26, 2014
Tallesty1:
I'm certain that 90% of the likers of this comment would be people that collected big gifts from their partner and dumped them later.

I beg you in Gods name@OP. To jejely collect your phone if you can.

Someone who does not love you do not deserve your gift.

She knew for sure that she would breakup with you yet she collected it.

To hell with maturity.

Please use ur brain next time you wanna date.
my guy..wetin u wan drink?

U make sense gan
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by Malakh: 1:35pm On Oct 26, 2014
ololo12:
Let go the phone, Hermanos. . Show maturity homes
When you go get any sense, what has maturity gat to do with it
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by kelvinnn(m): 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2014
i nid *htc one m8* i dont hv money... but i want to swap with 3 brand new phones... 1.brand new white galaxy star
2. brand nokia lumia 520
3. brand new bb bold3 all in pack.
if u are in Lagos whatsapp me: 08075753750
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by pansophist(m): 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2014
Krystalxxx:

There's no need really grin

embarassed cry cry

Searching for rope, suicide things
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by arantess: 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
jidestroud:
Firstly, i feel so stupid and used.
okay, the real story is this, I promised my girlfriend (Now ex) a Samsung Note 3 phone for her birthday. Luckily for me at my place of work, the cooperative had the same phone up for pick up. As a guy who is deeply in love and knows that giving is part of maintaining a healthy relationship, i decided to pick up 2 Samsung Note 3 at the rate of N130,000 to be paid over a period of 12 months. Good news, the birthday came and i delivered.
Bad news, just 2days after my warm heart gift to her, she BROKE UP WITH ME. REASON: She doesn't see a future, blah blah blah...family issues, cultural differences.
i'm in the second month of my payment now. still paying for my Ex phone.

Advice: Can I ask her for the phone back? i feel cheated. (To make matters worse, she even uses her new bobo as Dp's on her bbm, for a phone i'm still going to be indebted for the next 10 months.

SHOULD I GET MY PHONE BACK?
*in martin lawrences' voice*...niqqa, u was the side guy all along

4 Likes

Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by temitopeabudu(m): 1:38pm On Oct 26, 2014
Bros, collect your phone o.....I don't think she broke up with you because she already had the phone, I think she has other reasons.....so let her swallow her reasons and give back ur phone....130k no be bread and beans, thet money go carry me Fǿя one session in skool grin undecided angry
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by darkroses(m): 1:38pm On Oct 26, 2014
Consider every gift to gal as a liability, its not right to demand back whatever you have spend on her.

Nevertheless, @ op you just have to Bleep courtesy, go and collect your phone back...remember you are still paying for the phone.

1 Like

Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by Originalsly: 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2014
I don't support taking back gifts. A gift should be given from the heart and received by the heart. This one was not...so I don't consider it being a gift. If as something of less value...and paid for then you can letit go. But in this case....I suggest for the record..ask her once to return it...which the golddigger wouldn't. Go pay two women to accuse her of stealing the phone and beat her down to retrieve it.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by pansophist(m): 1:41pm On Oct 26, 2014
Originalsly:
I don't support taking back gifts. A gift should be given from the heart and received by the heart. This one was not...so I don't consider it being a gift. If as something of less value...and paid for then you can letit go. But in this case....I suggest for the record..ask her once to return it...which the golddigger wouldn't. Go pay two women to accuse her of stealing the phone and beat her down to retrieve it.

Lol, you be confirm agbero sha, nice one!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by kenx1(m): 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
i had a similar experience, i bought my ex a laptop only for her to dump me...as benin boy, we no dey carry last... i collect my laptop sharply...come top am with her Gold chain grin
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by greall1: 1:47pm On Oct 26, 2014
Were u there when he had sex with d girl any how. Assuming d guy is your junior bro or elder bro would u advice him to leave the phone wey never pay finish.

quote author=Krystalxxx post=27462962]

You're only getting a taste of your medicine. Afterall you guys do the same to girls and always laugh upon their pain,don't you? You're even proud of it . So he should enjoy the effing karma.

By d way no guy has bought stuff for me and I don't allow them either. You want me to be in debt like this miss here?

He's forgotten dat he had sex anyhow with d girl. Nonsense[/quote]
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by ophilly: 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
keyman0007:

1: approach her and tell her you need to phone back, cos it on a contract and you are still paying for it. Since you guys are nt together anymore you will need it back. If she refuses go report her to the police. scratch the officer like 2500 and explain you gave the phone on the assumption the relationship will be. now things have fallen apart. and i bet you will get the phone back. To me it doesnt make sense to give what you dont have, if you dont have you dont give. Dont borrow or suffer for any woman who isnt yet your wife abeg. I beg you in the name of God go collect the phone. I am also hoping the phone receipt and every is still with you and not in her name?
And pls act fast, time is running.
Exactly....but I may not tell her I got it from our Cooperative Soc.and I'm still paying for it (she may find this really funny and I may look stupidd) rather I'll tell her I intend giving it to my new gf, if she refuses to hand it over, I may not go to the police..I have boys who can handle that for me.
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by ohiza: 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
Igbo girls be very wicked and dubious since 1967 brother collect it back if she is igbo.....and pls no 1 should quote me
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
pansophist:

embarassed cry cry

Abeg stop joking jare...... cheesy
Drop the rope and face that pounded yam and vegetable soup with plenty meat on top,lol
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
pansophist:

embarassed cry cry

Abeg stop joking jare...... cheesy
Drop the rope and face that pounded yam and vegetable soup with plenty meat on top,on your dining table,lol
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by greall1: 1:53pm On Oct 26, 2014
Bro believe am ooo. Dis kind of thing happen nawadays al those olsoho ladies wey no ready to work always find a way guys fall in their traps.

harde2lah:
This guy is a Dumbass. Anyway, I don't believe this story.
Re: Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mckandre:
jet li Untop wetin? m sure this Nigger never see the honeypot talk more of touching it. I know him type . brother OP if you still get any atom of male hormones running through ya veins,rush that babe and finish her off in anyway possible. holla @me anytime you're ready to meet m.

Dude I had to look at ur NL profile to knw d class of Imbec1lie u belong to and it turns out u look like a typical village champion who was taken to lagos newly to learn chewing stick hawking Biz by his elder broda. Did the OP tell who he didn't sleep with her or did he tell u sex was the problem? Infact just Sharrap and enjoy urslf. Mumu

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply)

Woman Happy To Share Her Husband With His Girlfriends, One Gets Pregnant For Him / I Don't Know How To Face My Friend When I Resume School. / 18-Year-Old Italian Model Auctions Her Virginity To Buy Her Parents A House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.